India-Drive
  • Welcome!

Welcome to India-Drive, Road trips and travel group. Please register to join us.

sagar

Hyderabad to Mahabaleshwar & Panchgani, Road trip, Monsoon Drive

[uSER=9]sagar[/uSER], @gowtham, you didn't invite me for this trip :fight:

You should join back in the WhatsApp group. We are missing you there. Let me know, If I can add you back. :P

Drive was unexpected, It was decided in a week. Next drive for sure.flag

• Like 3

ha ha ha. i try to stay from phone and keep my hands on my steering and thoughts on trip :D

We will have a drive in November. (Mid-End of the month)

Post will be up in second week of November.

Hope you will join the drive.:D

• Like 4

Lovely write up there, great images and they have come out foggy in bits, given the post monsoon situation in that belt... I have planned to visit the place last month, but had to drop the plan at the last moment.. Will the flowers still be blooming if I visit it in coming days?

• Like 2

Hi I have done the Mahabaleshwar drive last week...The trip was truly satisfying and enjoyable. Sure will share the travelogue and photos sometime as time permits. Kaas was a bit of a disappointment, Though sceneries and vistas around are pretty good, we did not see many flowers as expected, nothing like coloured landscapes. I would suggest you to start early as the crowd multiplies by around noon.

• Like 3

My brother is planning to drive from Hyderabad to Mahabaleshwar during Christmas week.

Any latest updates on routes and places to visit?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, veeran said:

planning to do this trip during this  coming monsoon 

Don't miss it. Try the routes mentioned here from Panchgani.. IT will be isolated and you can enjoy the nature in peace. Usually other places and routes around Mahabaleshwar and Panchgani are a way too commercial and crowded.

• Like 3

On 1/19/2018 at 4:47 PM, sagar said:

Don't miss it. Try the routes mentioned here from Panchgani.. IT will be isolated and you can enjoy the nature in peace. Usually other places and routes around Mahabaleshwar and Panchgani are a way too commercial and crowded.

thank you sagar gaaru.... 

• Like 3

On 1/19/2018 at 1:20 PM, veeran said:

planning to do this trip during this  coming monsoon 

Do consider the latest road condition..

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Pralay said:

Do consider the latest road condition

Agree on it, there are multiple roads leading to Pachgani and Mahabaleshwar.

We need to plan in such a way that we can cover few places(kaas..) while driving back to Hyderabad. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Ranger said:

Agree on it, there are multiple roads leading to Pachgani and Mahabaleshwar.

We need to plan in such a way that we can cover few places(kaas..) while driving back to Hyderabad. 

AGREED

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Sridhar Tandra said:

what's the name of the place you stayed at Panchgani @sagar?

We have stayed at a BNB in Panchgani. It was an 8 bedroom villa if I'm not wrong with a small pool and a BBQ place in the Lobby. It seemed perfect for a group of 15 to 20 :D 

• Like 2

We are planning a drive along with my office mates. We are considering Goa. But I have shown this post to them. Now they are inclined towards Mahableshwar. Is it right time to visit?

Any recent road condition update from Hyderabad to Mahabaleshwar? 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, uday said:

We are planning a drive along with my office mates. We are considering Goa. But I have shown this post to them. Now they are inclined towards Mahableshwar. Is it right time to visit?

This is not the right time to visit this region. The place looks all dried up with absolutely no greenery. August to October would be perfect to plan your trip to Panchgani and Mahabaleshwar :) 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, uday said:

Is it right time to visit?

Evenings and mornings are good. Don't expect greenery. Grass is completely dry during our visit on feb. If it is a relaxing drive. Book a resort with view and enjoy. 

If you are planning to explore, avoid till monsoon. 

19 hours ago, uday said:

Hyderabad to Solapur is excellent except for 40 kilometres patch, road work under process. 

Solapur to Mahableshwar is not so great. Most of it is a single lane road. But roads are manageable. 

• Like 2

On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 4:52 PM, uday said:

We are planning a drive along with my office mates. We are considering Goa. But I have shown this post to them.

Hey @uday, You can check out the link below to know how the greenery turns its colours to dry grass in the western ghats region from late October until the rains begin :) 

• Like 1