India-Drive
  • Welcome!

Welcome to India-Drive, Road trips and travel group. Please register to join us.

Ranger

Hyderabad to vikarabad, Ananthagiri Hills and Kotepally dam road trip.

Vikarabad,Ananthagiri Hills

I drive to Anathagiri Hills at least 5 times a year, every time I visit, I discover something new. 

List of places discovered:

1.Forest trail, which can be accessed via temple. (safe to visit with families)

2.Multiple View points.

3.Lake.

4.Telangana tourism for food and washrooms.

5.Kotepally reservoir. (Ananthagiri Hills to kotepally distance is around 20 kilometers)

6.Kayaking by Telangana tourism at Kotepally reservoir, you can book a slot online.

7.Waterfalls at Kotepally. (water will be visible only during monsoon, currently it is active.)

Google maps, location details : (Click on the name for maps)
1. Ananthagiri Hills temple

2. Ananthagiri Hills view point

3. Ananthagiri Hills lake  (Drive further till you find a left turn)

4. Kotepally reservoir  (Kotepally reservoir has two route, one will lead to dam, other will lead to Kayaking)

Map

image_3146.png

Ananthagiri Hills is magic during monsoon. Lush green Hills are soothing to the eyes.

Google maps:
Covered all the view points : URL

Road condition:

Road is 2-lane all the way from Hyderabad to Ananthagiri Hills.(except for few bits at the beginning)

Roads improved a lot, compared to previous years. Smooth roads with curves are fun to drive.

Distance : ~100 kilometers

Hotels: Telangana Tourism(Breakfast, lunch and Dinner) and Hills&valley (lunch)

• Like 3

Mandatory picture of the car1.jpgForest trails are accessible via temple.2.jpgIt has endless trails.3.jpgIt has multiple routes, you can get lost,If you go deeper.4.jpgIt is a home for different spider species, came across many spiders in the forest.5.jpgIt has interesting tree patterns which we rarely come across.6.jpg

• Like 3

It has water streams, which is a life line for different wild life.7.jpgIt has greenery, which is unbelievable.8.jpgSome places are even better than Western Ghats.9.jpgIt has beautiful views, If you want to experiment photography.10.jpgIt has a swing, which is natural.11.jpgIt has tree trunks that travel across different trees, finding the source is a game.12.jpg

• Like 2

It has concrete structures, which fought with the forest and gave up.13.jpgIt has steps at the entrance for the sake of convenience.14.jpgIt has stone buildings, which will refresh your memories of Himalayas.15.jpgWe left the forest and drove towards the view point. We spent around 3 hours in the forest exploring different trails.16.jpgIt has amazing view points and this one is my favourite.17.jpgIt has a fresh air, even my car's engine is enjoying the quality air.18.jpg

• Like 3

It has smooth tarmac cutting through the hills, surrounded by greenery.19.jpgIt has greenery,greenery,greenery everywhere.20.jpgIt has roads which are less used.21.jpgIt has amazing views22.jpg

23.jpgIt has twists that will make enthusiast, like us giggle.24.jpg

20.jpg

• Like 3

It has domestic cattle, which are gazing in the forest lands.25.jpgIt has trees, which provide the chilling space for animals :P26.jpgIt has roads that are arrow straight.27.jpgIt offers many places, where I can shoot my car.28.jpgIt has roads that are dark even when the sun is bright.29.jpgIt has waterfalls, which are active during monsoon. (En-route to Kotepally reservoir)30.jpg

27.jpg

• Like 2

It has a Kayaking at Kotepally reservoir which is organised by Telangana tourism (safety is good)31.jpgIt has a sunset point.32.jpgEven for my car.33.jpg

34.jpgIt has beautiful colours during sunset.35.jpg

If anyone needs a guide please ping me, I will join you for the drive.flag The END.

32.jpg

• Like 3

Very nice clicks.. Its been a while since I have driven down to Ananthagiri so it was really nice to see those places once again.

• Like 3

Very nice clicks.. Its been a while since I have driven down to Ananthagiri so it was really nice to see those places once again.

Thank you. Now it is perfect time to visit. Kotepally reservoir is overflowing currently. New roads are laid. You will enjoy the drive for sure.

• Like 2

Visited during summer in 2013, I was very disappointed with Ananthagiri Hills.:angry:

Looking at you pictures made me realize, we went on wrong time.

That map is very helpful, gave me clear picture.:cooler:

I need to plan a drive again.

• Like 2

@gowtham ..Superb pictures dude, Haven't been to any of these sites around Ananthagiri hills when i had been there before. Looks like you have explored a lot more than what we did during our last drive.. We should plan a drive to this place soon.

• Like 2

Amazing pics Gowtham and nice write up!!! This is the Best time to visit ananthagiri hills and explore the forest!! I think there is one more kayaking from hills and valley resorts!! But Kotpally kayaking is far better than hills and valley due to it's water level. It is Worth visiting this place!!

• Like 1

Amazing pictures and write. Where will we find those stickers which is behind you're civic?

You will get them during meets, Join the upcoming drives to grab one.flag

• Like 1

Superb pics @gowtham . I haven't seen Vikarabad this beautifully green any time before. Anywhere our car got struck in a mud pit during the drive on the wet mud bed ? Is it safe risking it enough on my i10 ?

• Like 1

Hi bro, awesome pictures. Could you please tell me the location of the waterfall in vikarabad..? I have been there many a times but i haven't heard about it any time..

• Like 1

@gowtham  Hi bro, awesome pictures. Could you please tell me the location of the waterfall in vikarabad..? I have been there many a times but i haven't heard about it any time..

You can find one, en-route to Kotepally reservoir. It is small in size. You need to cross Anathagiri Hills. This is usually visible (in monsoon), when there is excess water in the reservoir.

• Like 2

@gowtham  Fabulous pics and car too... We a team of 8 members would like to go to Hills and Vally by end of DEC..... Pls suggest us facilities available there or do we need to plan ourselves from here... like Food, any misc items.. Thanks in advance

• Like 1

Dhanraj said:
Fabulous pics and car too... We a team of 8 members would like to go to Hills and Vally by end of DEC..... Pls suggest us facilities available there or do we need to plan ourselves from here... like Food, any misc items.. Thanks in advance

Thank you.

Hills and valley is nice. But don't expect too much as shown in their website. If you are interested in camping, it is ideal.

Places to visit:

1.Temple

2. Forest trek (Use the temple steps to go inside the forest)

3. View points

4. Vikarabad lake

5. Kotipally lake (Kayaking)

Food:

1. Telangana tourism Haritha.

2. Hills and Valley.

• Like 2

I came to know Ananthagiri hills lately. I want to visit Ananthagiri hills with my girlfriend on this weekend. I have few questions on it

1. Is this preferable to go on the bike? ( we are going to return on the same day)
  2. Is this convenient to go in this season?
  3. What is the best route from Gachibowli, I  found three routes, which way best to travel on the bike with my girlfriend (it would be good if we have less traffic with good shade)? 
  • Like 5

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Mobile App downloads