India-Drive
  • Welcome!

Welcome to India-Drive, Road trips and travel group. Please register to join us.

Thank you for the update pskumar.

Multiple routes between Hyderabad to Goa is always confusing.

Updated the main post. Hope it will be helpful for the fellow travellers. flag

Guys can anyone update me on road from Kurnool to Goa via bellary, hospet, hubbali, dharwad...

Guys can anyone update me on road from Kurnool to Goa via bellary, hospet, hubbali, dharwad...

Via Gangavati is the best option.

Going via kurnool is a bad choice, unless you want to cover some other place in that route.;)

Via Gangavati is the best option.

Going via kurnool is a bad choice, unless you want to cover some other place in that route.;)

No place to cover on that route dude, need to pickup one at Kurnool... Start is from Hyd... Hope the route don't suck....

A very detailed travelogue with some brilliant pics , Goa does look extremely beautiful in the monsoon too and you should drive there once during that time.. roads look mesmerizing and added to that is the beauty of nature.. Don't miss it :D

reallyy an awesome rideeee, nyc scenic picsssssssss, its a really beautiful, and your vist was at apt time which made you have some wonderful clicks

reallyy an awesome rideeee, nyc scenic picsssssssss, its a really beautiful, and your visit was at apt time which made you have some wonderful clicks

Thank you ujwal

Yeah goa is a beautiful place to drive down from Hyderabad.

Though the drive is hectic you will enjoy the place for sure.

Hi Driveking, very nice post.

I wish to drive to Goa from Hyd around 2nd Sept. Which rout should I take ( day time drive only, family). I will drive Toyota C-Altis. Thanks

Hi Driveking, very nice post.

I wish to drive to Goa from Hyd around 2nd Sept. Which rout should I take ( day time drive only, family). I will drive Toyota C-Altis. Thanks

Current Best Route (2016)

Hyderabad --> Raichur --> Gangavathi --> Hubli --> Dharward --> Belgavai --> Chorla --> Mapusa --> Goa (North goa, Baga)

Best route as of now, But I head bridge is closed between Mahbubnagar and Raichur.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/nationa...cle8737294.ece

Anyone has latest update on this?

Hyderabad --> Raichur --> Gangavathi --> Hubli --> Dharward --> Belgavai --> Chorla --> Mapusa --> Goa (North goa, Baga)

Best route as of now, But I head bridge is closed between Mahbubnagar and Raichur.

Yes... the route has been closed...but it is to get reopened during next week....

Route is closed, but there is some diversion through small villages and the diverted route is bad for some kilometers.

Yes... the route has been closed...but it is to get reopened during next week....

According to the news it should be opened.

Lets hope there wont be any further delays.

Google maps is not showing any blockage. Anyways we can trust it blindly.

Please update, if the bridge is reopened.

According to the news it should be opened.

Lets hope there wont be any further delays.

Google maps is not showing any blockage. Anyways we can trust it blindly.

Please update, if the bridge is reopened.

Hi Friends,

On 2nd Sept 2016, Drove from Hyderabad to Goa, Started at 4 PM from and took the following route.

Hyderabad to Goa :

Gachibowli ORR -> Raichur ( Bypassed)-> Gangavathi ( reached 10 pm , rested over night) -> Started 6.30 am to Gadag-> Hubli (Bypassed) -> Ramnagar-> Anmod->Molem->Panaji Reached 1 PM.

Return drive : Goa to Hyderabad: 6th Sept. 2016

Panaji ( Started 6.30 am)-> Belgavi - > Bagalkot -> Raichur ( Bypassed)-> Bhootpur ( took single+narrow and not so good road , 17 KM, joins you to BLR HYd Highway) -> Jadcherla - > Gachibowli via ORR , reached 6.50 pm.

Return drive was like breeze, I recommend the latter , roads are single , two way , in a good condition, no/ little traffic. If you pardon the Karnataka's obsession with Speed breakers and rumble strip... you will love to drive @100/120 KMPH, no stress.

My experience-

1. Do carry enough water and food which you may eat on the go. There are no decent eateries on either of routes.

2. While return, we had delicious breakfast at Tumkut Tatte idli restaurant , do try.

Hi Friends,

Thank you for the update.

It will be very helpful for the fellow road trippers.

Bridge between Mahbubnagar and Raichur is till under repair? (Did you come across any diversions)

Thanks Shishir for the update. Could you please throw some light on the road conditions and whether the krishna river bridge was open.

Thanks Shishir for the update. Could you please throw some light on the road conditions and whether the krishna river bridge was open.

It should be completed according to the time line given by contractors.

But last month, It was not open, there was some diversion. Not sure about the current status.

If you don't want to risk you can go via Gadwal. Will try to get info about the bridge status.

Hi all...how long is the ghat drive enroute hyd to goa? Would a small car like Grand i10 be OK for the drive ?

You will encounter the ghat section at the end of your journey.

It will be around 130~ Kilometers, it may change depending on the route you are take.

starting early morning is key.

start at 4 am you will reach Goa before dark.

Route selection is biggest issue.Make sure you pick the correct route.

Grand i10 can easily do it, no need to worry about it.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Gandikota meetup on January 26 and 27th