India-Drive
  • Welcome!

Welcome to India-Drive, Road trips and travel group. Please register to join us.

[uSER=97]nitin88[/uSER] Google maps keep on diverting the routes as you need to change many highways in order to reach Goa.

As karthik suggested make sure you pass through the places mentioned.

Have a safe journey. Please update us when you get back. :cooler:

[uSER=8]karthik[/uSER] Route you have mention is spot on.

Thanks. I am gonna drive in the night. So I want to be in safe road. I really hate bad roads even if they are okiesh :)

Sedan car with full load :)

So I am relying on trusted sources to get the best "neat" road. Btw, how beautiful to drive Goa Ghat road?

I really love to take Ghat roads :)

Thanks. I am gonna drive in the night. So I want to be in safe road. I really hate bad roads even if they are okiesh :)

Sedan car with full load :)

So I am relying on trusted sources to get the best "neat" road. Btw, how beautiful to drive Goa Ghat road?

I really love to take Ghat roads :)

All the roads from Hyderabad to Goa are in bad shape.

This route is the best among the worst.

Speed bumps are pain across Karnataka. Have to be careful, especially in a fully loaded sedans.

Last year we drove a Honda city with 4 people and fully loaded boot. We scrapped on numerous speed bumps.:angry:

Ghat road is excellent. Newly laid roads with no potholes. They collect around 250/- at the entrance.

Yeah. thats true. I was in Bangalore till last year n pretty much aware of Karnataka roads. On a highway of 4lane, out of no where they ll keep a speed braker without marking

• Like 1

Hi. Any trusted petrol pumps near/in Goa? COCO petrol pumps are most welcome. The fuel quality is must tick in my trip :)

Hey [uSER=97]nitin88[/uSER] , If you are passing by hubli, any petrol bunk in that place can be preferable.. Hope you have a fun and safe drive. Keep us posted about your trip. Looking forward for a travel story with some great pics from you...:D

Sure. Something I want to suggest, there should be pinned thread for discussing all these queries. Don't want ruin some other threads. Please think about it.

[uSER=97]nitin88[/uSER] .. Something like that already exists bro.. Please check out the "Route Queries" option in the forum where such discussions have been taking place.. But never mind, we tend to post queries right away after going through a travel story and thats common.. Thanks a lot for that suggestion anyways.. Appreciate the zeal you show up on improvement of the forum and you are always welcome to suggest add-ons as such to make this forum more interesting and user friendly.. :D

Sure. Something I want to suggest, there should be pinned thread for discussing all these queries. Don't want ruin some other threads. Please think about it.

Not a problem as long as it adds value to the topic. Provide us more suggestion and remarks to improve the forum.:cooler:

Hey,

I have taken the route which you guys suggested. except some dangerous speed brakers and some bad roasa, rest of the road is good. Almost we have taken 17 hours excluding 2:30hrs break. Now I feel its too long route.

Howabout the road condition Goa -> Belagavi -> Bagalkat -> Vijayapura -> Hyderabad

or Bagalkat -> Raichur -> Mahabubnagar -> Hyderabad.

While returning sedan car with full load. I dont want to scrap it or hurt its suspension with bad roads. Please help :)

Hey,

I have taken the route which you guys suggested. except some dangerous speed brakers and some bad roasa, rest of the road is good. Almost we have taken 17 hours excluding 2:30hrs break. Now I feel its too long route.

Howabout the road condition Goa -> Belagavi -> Bagalkat -> Vijayapura -> Hyderabad

or Bagalkat -> Raichur -> Mahabubnagar -> Hyderabad.

While returning sedan car with full load. I dont want to scrap it or hurt its suspension with bad roads. Please help :)

Sadly that is the best route to Goa.:angry:

Bagalkot route has little less speed bumps but road condition is poor. You can easily add two more extra hour to your drive time.

Sadly that is the best route to Goa.:angry:

Bagalkot route has little less speed bumps but road condition is poor. You can easily add two more extra hour to your drive time.

:( When I see this much amount of stress for less distance, I feel so sad. Those roads, I dont know how to deal with full load without scrapping.

:( When I see this much amount of stress for less distance, I feel so sad. Those roads, I dont know how to deal with full load without scrapping.

Hyderabad to Goa drive is a always stressful. Drive safe.

Traveled to Goa during the republic day weekend & took the below route suggested on this thread.

Hyderabad --> Raichur --> Gangavathi --> Hubli --> Dharward --> Belgavai --> Chorla --> Mapusa --> Go

I would say this is the best route I have take to Goa till now & thank you very much for the info. Most of the roads are newly laid especially the Chorla ghat road was awesome. Even though it took us 16 hours, it wasn't very tiring.

Couple of things to Note:

Speed breakers in Karnataka are gonna test your patience.

Road expansion is being done in Belgavai, so try to avoid entering Belgavai during peak hours. It took us 45 mins to cross it during the evening peak.

As other pointed out maps will try to readjust & might lead you to lesser known roads. To avoid it I did not turn on the navigation. Once I have fixed the route from Hyderabad on Maps, we just followed the route on maps without turning on the navigation.

You can use the below maps link. Origin: Gachibowli. Destination: Arpora (near Baga)

https://goo.gl/maps/1wZEXDByK1x

• Like 1

Traveled to Goa during the republic day weekend & took the below route suggested on this thread.

Hyderabad --> Raichur --> Gangavathi --> Hubli --> Dharward --> Belgavai --> Chorla --> Mapusa --> Go

I would say this is the best route I have take to Goa till now & thank you very much for the info. Most of the roads are newly laid especially the Chorla ghat road was awesome. Even though it took us 16 hours, it wasn't very tiring.

Couple of things to Note:

Speed breakers in Karnataka are gonna test your patience.

Road expansion is being done in Belgavai, so try to avoid entering Belgavai during peak hours. It took us 45 mins to cross it during the evening peak.

[uSER=113]ramu44[/uSER] Thank you for the update.:clap:

Speed bumps are real pain in Karnataka.

We faced the same issue at Belgavai. Traffic management is very poor inside the town.

Ghat road was awesome, felt like a race course. But narrow roads combined with blind curves made me extra cautious.

Thanks for the fantastic info and it really helped our 4 families to hit the road this May 20th, 2016.

We did it through "Hyd-Raichur-Sindhanur-Gangavathi-Hubli-Belgaum-Panjim/Mamosa" with a night halt at Vinay Residency,Sindhanur- a very nice place to stay in the night.

3 cars, XUV, XYLO and Verna . While returning this May 25th we did this through the help of Google maps and the route is

Panjim >Belgaum>Lingasur>Raichur>Mahaboobnagar>Hyderabad.

A very good route and recommended. You can always expect the speed breakers while driving through Karnataka. Single line between Raichur till Mahaboobnagar but still the road is ok.

In the second route you could comfortably do it in a day if you start by 6.00am and can reach destination by 9.30pm/10.00 with ample lunch/coffee/dinner breaks.

This site was really helpful and appreciate the good work.

Thank you for the update kumar.:clap:

Good to know that you completed the trip safely.

Join our whatsapp group for more information about drives.

Drive safe.:)

Thanks for the fantastic info and it really helped our 4 families to hit the road this May 20th, 2016.

We did it through "Hyd-Raichur-Sindhanur-Gangavathi-Hubli-Belgaum-Panjim/Mamosa" with a night halt at Vinay Residency,Sindhanur- a very nice place to stay in the night.

3 cars, XUV, XYLO and Verna . While returning this May 25th we did this through the help of Google maps and the route is

Panjim >Belgaum>Lingasur>Raichur>Mahaboobnagar>Hyderaba d.

A very good route and recommended. You can always expect the speed breakers while driving through Karnataka. Single line between Raichur till Mahaboobnagar but still the road is ok.

In the second route you could comfortably do it in a day if you start by 6.00am and can reach destination by 9.30pm/10.00 with ample lunch/coffee/dinner breaks.

This site was really helpful and appreciate the good work.

Thanks Kumar for the update.

I am doing Hyderabad Goa tomorrow morning. Planning to stay in Pai Resort Belgaum in the night to travel on the ghat road in the morning.

Planning to take the default route suggested by Google.

Hyderabad - Mahboobnagar - Raichur - Lingusugur - Bagalkot - Belgavi - Chorla - Mapusa - Candolim, Goa

Thanks Kumar for the update.

I am doing Hyderabad Goa tomorrow morning. Planning to stay in Pai Resort Belgaum in the night to travel on the ghat road in the morning.

Planning to take the default route suggested by Google.

Hyderabad - Mahboobnagar - Raichur - Lingusugur - Bagalkot - Belgavi - Chorla - Mapusa - Candolim, Goa

Would suggest you to take the below route.

Current Best Route (2016)

Hyderabad --> Raichur --> Gangavathi --> Hubli --> Dharward --> Belgavai --> Chorla --> Mapusa --> Goa

We did this route in January. This is one of the best route, we did till date(from the past 10 years).

Don't trust Google maps. Even though you use it, make sure you pass through each and every town in the above list.

edit: If possible try out both the routes and update us.:cooler:

"Hyderabad - Mahboobnagar - Raichur - Lingusugur - Bagalkot - Belgavi - Chorla - Mapusa - Candolim, Goa" which is done in May 2016.

Having done both the routes I recommend the Raichur to Belgavi path. Stretch between Raichur to Belgavi is really good. Google maps really helps to get out of the cities and the traffic with much ease.

This helped a lot to get out of Goa and into the Ghat section with much ease. Mapusa is a big place and at Goa you would find it tough to locate your resorts if you are late in the night. Here Google maps would come in handy. Yes we took a print out of each of the villages and the places between the main places as suggested for current best route [2016] by Gowtham while we travelled to Goa from Hyderabad. Hubli, Belgavi city traffic is going to take some time especially in the evenings.

For the Dharward - Belgavi the distance of 70 odd kms is a breeze with very nice 8 line road. Given an option to hit road now again, I would love to do the Raichur-Belgavi route. Same view from all of the 3 vehicle drivers who took this trip.

Thanks Gowtham, your recommendation helped us to plan this trip with out any second thoughts as we hit the road.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.