Monsoon Drive Meetup at 'The Grand Canyon of India' Gandikota Gorge - August 20th, 21st - 2016
Western Ghats exploration drive meet - Report
India is blessed to have the best of landscapes offering enthralling views & jaw dropping backdrops and We throttled down to explore our piece of paradise as we always do it.
Start point - Gachibowli (ORR)
End point - Pune (Hinjewadi)
Start time - 05:30 a.m.
Total Distance - ~1300 kms
Objective - Western ghats exploration, Matheran, Lonavla and Lohagad.
1) Volks Wagen Polo (Red)
2) Volks Wagen Polo (Red)
3) Hyundai i20 (Black)
4) Swift Dzire (Pacific Blue)
5) Volks Wagen Ameo (Toffee Brown)
6) Maruti Suzuki Ertiga (Brick Red)
7) Maruti Suzuki SX4 (Azure Grey)
😎 Hyundai Creta (White)
9) Jeep Compass (Red)
Hyderabad (Gachibowli) --> Zaheerabad --> Humnabad --> Solapur --> Indapur --> Hinjewadi (Pune)
1) Lohagad fort
2) Pavna Lake
3) Lonavla, Khandala
Day 1 : Hyderabad to Pune drive details
- Started at 5:30 AM in the morning ( due some delays)
- Breakfast stop at around 7:30 AM at Hotel Mahindra Paradise
- Very few options on this section due to new roads
- Road between Hyderabad to Humnabad is excellent.
- Humnabad to Solapur is pathetic, some sections are too narrow.
- Solapur to Pune is excellent, but recently new have installed speed bumps near villages.
- We had a lunch break at some road side restaurant.
- We reached Pune by 6PM.
- According to admins, we are very quick compared to last drive.
- During last drive they reached Pune at 7PM (started at 4AM)
- I think roads improved!
- We checked into Hotel Siesta which is excellent (Frankly, I did not expect such a luxurious rooms for the price)
Day 2 : Pune to Lohagad fort
- We started at 7/8 AM from Pune
- Since our accommodation is in outskirts.
- We reached highway within 10 minutes
- We had breakfast stop Kamat.
- Pune to Lohagad roads are scenic.
- We reached Lohagad, explored the fort and had lunch break.
- We drove to Lonavala, Tiger view point, We are literally above clouds in some sections.
- We reached Pune by night
Day 3 : Pune to Matheran
-We repeated the same schedule of Day2, till breakfast.
- We hit the famous Mumbai-Pune expressway
- I can clearly see everyone is pushing their cars, it was pure fun for drivers.
- Best experience of Mumbai-Pune expressway is during monsoon.
- Once we divert from expressway, roads to Mahteran are pathetic.
- It took us hours to complete 80 kilometres.
- I loved Mathern, they don't even allow cycles.
- Only transport option by walk or horse.
- Hotels on the hill top are below average.
- While driving back we reached pretty quick on the same route.
- We reached to Pune to 9PM
Day 4 : Pune to Hyderabad
- Drive is was uneventful
- It is similar to Day1
Apart from 1 Polo puncture, drive is fantastic throughout four days.
Hyderabad : Solapur : Pune : Lohagad fort : Lonavala : Pune : Matheran : Pune : Solapur : Hyderabad
Hyderabad to Solapur :
Hyderabad to Humnabad is good and Humnabad to Solapur is bad
Solapur to Pune :
Very good, but i have seen some uneven sections, It is no where close to Hyderabad-Bangalore sections
Pune to Lohagad:
Road are narrow scenic and good
Loahagad to Lonavala
Roads are bad
Lonavala to Pune
Road are excellent
Pune to Matheran
It is a mix of good and pathetic roads
'Hyderabad to Mahabaleshwar , Panchgani' - Monsoon Drive Meetup - October 8th and 11th 2016
Start point - Gachibowli (ORR)
End point - Panchgani hill top (Accommodation)
Start time - 4 :15 a.m.
Total Distance - ~610 kms
Objective - A monsoon drive meet to Mahabaleshwar and Panchgani during a long festive weekend.
1) Maruthi Suzuki Swift
2) Volks Wagen Polo
3) Hyundai Creta (Red)
4) Hyundai Creta (White)
Hyderabad (Gachibowli) --> Pargi --> Kalaburagi (Gulbarga) --> Baramati (Via Akkalkot) --> Solapur --> Indrapur --> Panchgani (Via Wai) --> Mahabaleshwar
Single lane road till Solapur, but some sections are super good and some are average, no potholes.
Hyderabad (Gachibowli) --> Zaheerabad --> Solapur --> Indapur--> Panchgani (Via Wai) --> Mahabaleshwar
Last 100 kilometers before Solapur is pathetic, road is filled with potholes.
Hyderabad (Gachibowli) --> Zaheerabad -->Humnabad --> Kalaburagi (Gulbarga) --> Baramati (Via Akkalkot) --> Solapur --> Indapur --> Panchgani (Via Wai) --> Mahabaleshwar
Smoothest and longest of all.
While you are coming back, would suggest you to take following route, so that you can cover KAS, valley of flowers.
Mahabaleshwar --> KAS --> Satara --> Pandharpur --> Solapur --> Kalaburagi (Gulbarga) --> Humnabad --> Zaheerabad --> Hyderabad (Gachibowli)
Places to visit in Panchgani:
Panchgani is a pseudo head quarter for the parasailing which is conducted through out the year except during the monsoons.
1) Table Land
2) Parsi Point
3) Sydney Point
4) Devil's Kitchen
Places to visit in Mahabaleshwar:
There are as many as 30 viewpoints in Mahabaleshwar. Few of the major places are,
1) Elephant's head point
2) Arthur's seat
3) Kate's point
4) Kaas Plateau (Valley of flowers)
5) Venna Lake
6) Panchganga Temple
7) Mapro garden
8) Lingmala waterfalls
9) Pratapgad fort
10) Elphinstone point
A short drive meet-up to 'The Hidden Castle'
'Life is either a daring adventure or nothing'
After a wonderful start to this season, we're here again to meet and drive together experiencing some great roads and end up at a destination full of adventures.
When: 18th September 2016
Where: The Hidden Castle
Distance: ~70 kilometres from the meet up point.
Start point - Cine Planet, Kompally
End point - The Hidden Castle Resort, Mathpally.
Start time - 9:00 a.m.
Total Distance - ~140kms
1) Maruti Suzuki Celerio
2) Maruti Suzuki Wagon R
3) Hyundai i10
4) Maruti Suzuki Ritz
5) Ford Figo
6) Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire
7) Maruti Suzuki SX4
8) Skoda Rapid
9) Maruti Suzuki Brezza
10) Hyundai Creta (Red)
11) Hyundai Creta (White)
12) Honda Civic
PS: Report was jointly compiled by me and Sagar.
'Year end day drive' - Hyderabad to Nagarjunasagar drive meet - Report
After a wonderful start of drive meetups this year, we're here again to celebrate our drive of the year 2016 together.
When: December 10th 2016
Distance: ~180 kms
Start point : Gachibowli ORR
End point : Nagarjunakonda Island
Hyderabad to Nagarjunasagar Route
Hyderabad --> Yacharam --> Mallepalli --> Nagarjuna sagar dam --> Nagarjunasagar
In layman terms it is straight road(Hyderabadi: Highway pakkad ke seedha jaavo ). Once you hit the highway no diversions required.
1) Hyundai i20 Elite
2) Ford Figo Aspire
3) Renault Duster
4) Hyundai Creta
5) Honda Civic (Black)
6) Honda Civic (Red)
7) Skoda Octavia
Gandikota meetup on January 26 and 27th