India-Drive
  • Welcome!

Welcome to India-Drive, Road trips and travel group. Please register to join us.

Sign in to follow this  
nitin88

Hyderabad to Araku - Konaseema - Exploring Andhra Andhalu through unexplored routes

Hyderabad to Araku 

• Distance Hyderabad to Araku :677 kilometers
  • Drive :Skoda Rapid
  • Fuel : Diesel
  • Mileage:23 kmpl
  • Road Condition:Unexplored forest roads
  • Drive time:14hrs (excluding breaks)
  • Resort:Haritha Mayuri Resort

Route:

Hyderabad ---> Suryapet---> Khammam---> Illandu ---> Bhadrachalam---> Sileru -> Chintapalle -> Paderu -> Araku

• Distance Araku to Hyd :900 kilometers
  • Drive :Skoda Rapid
  • Fuel:Diesel
  • Mileage:20 kmpl
  • Road Condition:Good 2 lane roads to Excellent 4 lane roads
  • Drive time:16hrs (excluding breaks)
  • Resort:Watch out Dindi Resorts, Konaseema Resorts.

Araku ---> Vizag ---> Sompalli ---> Bheemavaram ---> Vijayawada ---> Hyderabad

Local places to visit/try:

• Araku a hill station with very limited options, it's awesome place to spend your days away from crowd
  • Exploring the Vishaka agency area/forest and some of the waterfalls no one can find them in the map
  • Konaseema - no words to describe. If you are nature lover, just head over there and you don't want to come back

Caution: Long post with lots of pics, videos and less words. Pics/Videos speak more than words :)

If you remember my last trip to Maredumilli, there's no surprise that Vishaka forest agency is so beautiful and you want visit again n again. With 4 days to spend, I was planning for a trip [Lonavala/Araku], and finally decided to head on to Araku.

However visiting Araku is not something special, hit the National Highway Hyd to Vizag and you will land up in Araku in no time. But what's the fun if we drive all the way in boring NH? So we decided to take Forest route, which is not explored much. It turned out to be too hectic but one hell of road trip, enjoyed every minute of the entire journey. Imagine you are surrounded by Green Forest for 8hrs and nothing else.

Not many places to stop/eat/drink something, all you got it is deep forest painted by shades of green :) At one point, we were wondering did we get some color blindness that everything is now in Green Color only!!!

Tip:

* Don't travel in this route with families

* No cell signal for entire 8hrs trip. If you get stuck, tough luck finding help

* Big NO for any low ground clearance cars. You will see what it means in the pics :)

So here goes part 1 -> Reaching Araku

Jfhvudk.jpg

T2Qx8LA.jpg

dM7Cvqm.jpg

W9YtWBi.jpg

• Like 2

A reason why you shouldn't drive down blindly or in sedan. These mud roads are your way to drive once you cross Seliru. You need to have lots of patience to drive through this forest for 4 hours on such roads

evCFPxH.jpg

n6J74dN.jpg

EGKdnlI.jpg

29C9CHP.jpg

Videos:

Driving through Forest road -> Cruising ~80kmph on such roads, it's like open rally racing :D

[video=youtube;NuvJhHO9-8c]

It's not Araku -> It's in the mid of the forest hills, much more thrilling than my favorite Munnar

Araku Road:

Konaseema:

Videos:

Driving through Forest road -> Cruising ~80kmph on such roads, it's like open rally racing

It's not Araku -> It's in the mid of the forest hills, much more thrilling than my favorite Munnar

Araku Road:

Konaseema:

Excellent post Nitin. Looks like you are on roll. :clap:

Those villages roads and greenery all round is an eye feast for me.

Thank you for sharing.flag

and finally it's time to sign off @credits my sweet heart

Very good pictures and awesome write up. In love with your travel stories. Back to back road trips, I envy you. :clap:

Will try to catch up during the next india-drive meet.

I love your pictures a lot. Very clean less edited.:cooler:

• Like 1

Excellent post Nitin. Looks like you are on roll. :clap:

Those villages roads and greenery all round is an eye feast for me.

Thank you for sharing.flag

It's monsoon. I didn't do single trip in the summer [because of weather], now it's time to cover that up :)

Beautiful pictures and really good information regarding the places you have covered [uSER=97]nitin88[/uSER] .. Way to go buddy flag

Wonderful pictures.. I absolutely loved going through your travelogue .. I can sense what fun you have had during this trip.. Exploration drives are always fun :)

Beautiful photos.. Konaseema is always at its best during the monsoons.. A lot of places are still left unexplored in this territory.. And looks like you are already on the job exploring the roads less traveled .. Great job 

Wonderful travel story embedded with superb pictures to talk.. I like the tips what you have shared.. Thanks a lot for keeping us cautious before we take a hasty decision.. thanks for sharing.. :)

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By nayangaurav
      Hi,
      Planning for a road trip from guwahati assam to deoghar jharkhand via road by my car ertiga , can anyone help me with the best route options and how is the road condition ? , Is it safe to travel with family via road ?

Kindly help
    • By Musafir
      We recently had a trip from Hyderabad to Bidar. Me with my wife and two other friends started at morning 6  o'clock and returned to Hyderabad by 6:45 pm. 

Trip Details:
      Date: 29 June 2019
      Places Visited: Bidar Fort, Rangeen Mahal, Guru Nanak Jhira Sahib
      Route: Madhapur - Chanda Nagar - Zaheerabad - Bidar Fort
      Distance Covered: 266.4 km

There was plan to visit Bidar along with Gulberga but we canceled Gulberga as we wanted to have a one day trip without hassle. Its just start of monsoon so weather was cool and while returning it rained little. So overall it was a nice trip. Attaching few pictures taken.

Inner Ring Road, Bidar

Bidar Fort and Rangeen Mahal

Gurudwara Nanak Jhira
      Bahamani Tombs

Hazrath Multani Baba Dargah

Breakfast: At Hyderabad Delight Restaurant. They have all south indian items like idli, dosa, puri. Food was tasty and good. Irani tea was awesome. Car parking is available. 

Lunch: At Royal Anmol Deluxe Family Restaurant. We had Dum Biryani and Chicken Drumstick. Good ambiance and food quantity but taste was average. There is a small car parking but you have to park on road side if you are travelling on weekends.

For info about upcoming trips follow us.
      instagram: musafir_ds

Hope you have liked our topic.
      Thanks
      Musafir
  • Our picks