India-Drive
  • Welcome!

Welcome to India-Drive, Road trips and travel group. Please register to join us.

Sign in to follow this  
nitin88

Hyderabad to Maredumilli Road trip - Place to be lost yourself for it's beauty

Hyderabad to Maredumilli :

Distance : 475 kilometers

Drive: Skoda Rapid

Fuel:Diesel

Mileage:25.3 kmpl

Road Condition :Excellent 2-Lane roads

Drive time : 7hrs (excluding breaks)

Resort :Birds Nest Resort

Route:

Hyderabad ---> Suryapet---> Khammam---> Illandu ---> Bhadrachalam---> Maredumulli

Local places to visit/try:

• Waterfalls
  • Maredumilli trecking
  • Bamboo Chicken
  • Rampavaram Project

Let me make it short and sweet story. I fell in love with this place for the first time when I visited in the last year. It was unexpected trip, as we were heading towards Hyderabad from Annavaram, one of my friend suggested to go through this route instead of typical 4 lane road [Annavaram -> Vjw -> Hyd].

I took this route with hesitation, but ended up following in love with this place. On that day, I decided to come back on rainy season, and you will know why this place is a MUST visit place during rainy season.

In short, Maredumilli is about Forest, Clean Waterfalls, Hiking, Bamboo Chicken and most importantly beautiful forest road from Bhadrachalam to Maredumilli.

Let's pic talk about the place now

View of the Maredumilli hills

MYi9nzT.jpg

t4myfbt.jpg

1FzflAr.jpg

jGg0Mwl.jpg

Waterflow in the hills - Pure water which is running through hills and will merge into Godavari

OL0T5pl.jpg

gQXDD6l.jpg

kRt7csC.jpg

sEE6fUL.jpg

• Like 1

I usually keep the best pictures hidden, so I would leave it up to your imagination how beautiful this place can be. Visit the place and experience it :)

Don't forget to Invite me if you are looking for someone to join the trip :D

• Like 1

nitin88 said:
I usually keep the best pictures hidden, so I would leave it up to your imagination how beautiful this place can be. Visit the place and experience it :)Don't forget to Invite me if you are looking for someone to join the trip :D

Wonderful post nitin.This information will help a lot for the first timers like me.Personally I did not expect the place to be this better.

Your pictures include only maredumilli or you have covered some other places like Rampachodavaram, Sileru and Lambasingi?

fetch?id=3671&d=1467262083&type=full.jpeg

Its only maredumally and rampavaram. Lumbasingi and other places are different part which are not part of this trip

Very short and sweet. Your timing is perfect. Those clouds are too low.

My home town is very close to Rajamundry.

But still I did not cover this place.

I have under estimated this place.

How is the resort and how much did they charge per night.

Lovely travelogue !

Beautiful photographs and thank you for sharing.

Could you share the stay details too ... And you surely need to get tagged along when we drive down to this place the next time..

Will try covering that quadrilateral.

Thanks a lot nitin for the recent update, I am planning to visit this place in the next 2 weeks and was quite skeptic about the weather conditions over there. you have cleared the doubt.. Great pictures btw :)

The right time to be there at the right place and the photologue just talks about it - Monsoon Glory .. The Mileage of your Rapid is a wonder bro.. 25.3 ?? Awesome

driveking said:

Very short and sweet. Your timing is perfect. Those clouds are too low :eek:

My home town is very close to Rajamundry.

But still I did not cover this place.

I have under estimated this place. :angry:

How is the resort and how much did they charge per night.

They have different type of cottages. According to them August, September is peak season where you hardly find slot. Because of some climate changes, the monsoon came very fast and I hit in the right time :)

http://birdsnest.in/

http://www.vanavihari.com/maredumilli.php?page=maredumilli

Beautiful thread [uSER=97]nitin88[/uSER] .. I think many are coming to terms with fact that journey is the destination.. :)

[uSER=97]nitin88[/uSER] The right time to be there at the right place and the photologue just talks about it - Monsoon Glory .. The Mileage of your Rapid is a wonder bro.. 25.3 ?? Awesome:clap:

he he. thanks. My engine turns to be something special :P

Awesome pictures. The roads around the place really got better compared to my last drive to Maredumalli.. Next time when you venture out to Maredumalli, try to circuit around Lambasingi too.. :)

gowtham said:
Wonderful post nitin.This information will help a lot for the first timers like me.Personally I did not expect the place to be this better.Your pictures include only maredumilli or you have covered some other places like Rampachodavaram, Sileru and Lambasingi?

We should probably do this way

Capture.PNG

Balakrishna said:
Thanks a lot nitin for the recent update, I am planning to visit this place in the next 2 weeks and was quite skeptic about the weather conditions over there. you have cleared the doubt.. Great pictures btw :)

You can always inquire about the weather from the local resorts. I would suggest to do it while it's cloudy or drizzling. Humidity can spoil you on sunny days :)

okay, Badrachalam is a better option, compared to Rajahmundry route.

Thank you for the update.

Nice write up and great pictures to support. Thanks for sharing it with us [uSER=97]nitin88[/uSER]

Wow, this place is amazing!! Nice write up Nitin.

how is the bamboo chicken :D.

How safe it is for a family to visit this place?

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this