India-Drive
  • Welcome!

Welcome to India-Drive, Road trips and travel group. Please register to join us.

Sign in to follow this  
etoor

Hyderabad to Horsley hills route condition..

Hi, I am planning on a drive to Horsley hills with my family considering the dip in temperatures the coming weekend. Any suggestions in the route and its condition or tips which anyone can give. Thanx in advance :)

Hi etoor, I have been to Horsley hills 3 weeks ago driving Via Kurnool ...

Started from Kukatpally around 5 AM. on a Friday morning and reached Horsley hills by 12 PM. with a breakfast break at Mahbubnagar on the way.

There was very less traffic and the weather was great there. Cool breeze starts right after sunset and the views were great. I am sure even during the peak summer it's much better than Hyderabad.

But go there if your intention is just to relax and chill out. There are no so tourist spot over there in particular. It's ideal for lazing around and enjoying peaceful dawn, dusk and a perfect night sky. Hope you have a great time.. Drive safe :D

Hi etoor,

Hyderabad to Horsley hills distances around 500 kms which takes about 7 hours of drive time with a Breakfast or Lunch break in between at an average speed of 80 to 100 kmph.

Suggested route : NH 44 (Anantapur-Tirupathi Highway)

Hyderabad (Kukatpally) ---> Mahbubnagar ---> Kurnool ---> Gooty ---> Kadiri ---> Horsley hills

Suggested stay : AP tourism's Haritha hill resorts have decent A/C rooms and cottages which are economical.

Don't forget to check the pleasant 'Gangotri lake' which is 2.5 kms form the bustand.

Hi, this is Karthick.. I have been to Horsley hills 2 years ago by road.. I have checked into the wild winds resort and it was very clean.

It has few view points which gets you the sight of a best sunset.

Places to visit around Horsley hills if time permits :

Talakona waterfalls (Highest falls in AP) and Talakona wildlife sanctuary (~100 KMS from Horsley hills)

Keep revving

Karthick :cool:

Hi, this is Karthick.. I have been to Horsley hills 2 years ago by road.. I have checked into the wild winds resort and it was very clean.

It has few view points which gets you the sight of a best sunset.

Places to visit around Horsley hills if time permits :

Talakona waterfalls (Highest falls in AP) and Talakona wildlife sanctuary (~100 KMS from Horsley hills)

Keep revving

Karthick :cool:

Hi Karthick,

Is the place worth a visit?

I have got mixed review about Horsley Hills.

Did not get a chance to visit this place till now. May be this monsoon, I will try to visit.

Hi Karthick,

Is the place worth a visit?

I have got mixed review about Horsley Hills.

Did not get a chance to visit this place till now. May be this monsoon, I will try to visit.

Horsely hills is an average place. Can visit it once during monsoons and winter.

They don't even have any neat resorts up Hill.

All the accomidations are pretty average.

It is a place to visit when temperatures are low. (avoid this place in summer)

Only advantages are less crowded and peaceful place.

If you travel in group, you will enjoy this place.

Horsely hills is an average place. Can visit it once during monsoons and winter.

They don't even have any neat resorts up Hill.

All the accomidations are pretty average.

It is a place to visit when temperatures are low. (avoid this place in summer)

Only advantages are less crowded and peaceful place.

If you travel in group, you will enjoy this place.

Hi, I have been to Horsley Hills after the rains last year in 2015 which reminded me of Nandi Hills near Bangalore. The hill was engulfed with dense fog and the visibility was hardly 50 meters!!

We had a great time relaxing at the resort.

Talakona forest resort is a place you can opt to stay which gives you an adventerous feel while u are at the place.

Apart from monkeys playing around in the ghat road, I could not spot any other wild life.

Horsley Hills is definitely worth a visit and will plan the next visit in the winter season

Anything else if i have missed out, please feel free to post!

regards

Balakrishna

Talakona is a fascinating place. We visited in 2012 driving down from Tirupati. It was an hour's drive from there.

You need to walk a km through the forest, with trees which over a century old to reach the waterfall. The water cascades from a height of around 300 feet and is delightful to watch. A must see for the visitors in the vicinity.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Gandikota meetup on January 26 and 27th