Jump to content
India-Drive
  • Welcome!

    Welcome to India-Drive, Road trips and travel group. Please register to join us.

venkyasam

Suggestions: A 5 day trip from Hyderabad

Recommended Posts

Hi Folks,

 

Am a newbie to this forum.I just came to know about this forum when i saw the forum sticker on someone's car this morning.Just Googled it and signed up 😁.Seems lot of stuff available based out of Hyderbad  and that's glad to feel excited because when it comes to automobiles/trips/long drives Bangloreans always stood in top as what i feel.No offense on our hyderabadi's here guys. I believe, very soon i will be regular reader/contributor for this forum.

Now i urge you all folks to post your valuable suggestions .

I used to go for long drives a lot on my beast(fiat Linea).I always thought to get relax from the regular routine works and job stress at-least once in year i.e,esp in December and  now we are in this year as well..On the path,I went down to south India trips for last 3 dec's.

Below are the places which i had done.

1.Bangalore (Visited multiple times and all we know this is the best to start down to south).

2.Mysore

3.Bandipur and Nagarhole national parks

4.Wayanad/Sulthan Bathery

5.Ooty

6.Kodaikanal

7.Coimbatore.

8.Coorg

9.Madhurai

10.Kanyakumari

11.Rameswaram

12.Trivendrum

13.Vellore golden temple

14.Kanchi

15.Mahabaleswar

16.Pondicherry

17.Varkala

18.Alleppy

19.Munnar

20.Lepakshi

 

etc....etc...(Unable to recall few others 🙄)


Now this year i just want to do a 5 day trip starting from dec 25th to 30th.Folks could you please suggest any best and fascinating places to visit and enjoy the relax break.Preferrably south is not in the top priority list this time but apart from the above list if any place is worth to visit please suggest .

 

 

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @venkyasam, Welcome to the group! I do not see lot of major places yet on the list, you can cover Hampi, Vizag / Araku / Lambasingi / Maredumilli / Rampachodavaram, Orvakal / Gandikota / Yaganti / Ahobilam / Mahanandi, Nallamala Jungle Camps, Chirala / Machilipatnam / Kaikalur / Mopidevi / Hamsaladeevi / Kolleru, Chickmangaluru.

 

These are the few places that I can remember in a flash after reading through your post! :D I shall circle back if I remember any other places apart from this?

 

Also, provide more details like, if you are traveling with family / friends / car you use etc for more specific places to suggest!

 

Hope this helps! :) 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, venkyasam said:

 

Preferrably south is not in the top priority list this time but apart from the above list if any place is worth to visit please suggest .

 

 

Hey @venkyasam.. Good to hear it from a travel and auto enthusiast like you who is especially from Hyderabad 😊.. Welcome onboard.

 

Looking at the list of places that you have covered seems like almost 80 percent of the South India has been swept which is amazing.. But having considered a time span of 5 days, forces one to limit towards southern India again.. 😁

 

A few suggestions that I would want to add up to your list to cover by drive if it has to be sound relaxed for a span of 5 days are as, 

 

1) Hyderabad - Maredumilli / Papikondalu - Vizag - Chilka lake - Puri

2) Hyderabad - Shimoga - Jogfalls - Murudeshwar- Gokarna - Goa

3) Hyderabad - Pondycherry - Mahabalipuram - Danushkodi - Rameshwaram

4) Hyderabad - Chikamagalur- Kudremukh - Mangalore / Udupi / Malpe / St.Marys islands - Manipal

 

5) Hyderabad - Pune - Ahmedabad - Bhuj - Rann of Kutch (This will be too tight for a 5 day road trip)

 

Would want to suggest to you on the places around the western ghats in Pune but it would be all dry grass in December. Monsoon or Post Monsoon would be the perfect time to do these western ghats around Pune

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sridhar Tandra said:

Hi @venkyasam, Welcome to the group! I do not see lot of major places yet on the list, you can cover Hampi, Vizag / Araku / Lambasingi / Maredumilli / Rampachodavaram, Orvakal / Gandikota / Yaganti / Ahobilam / Mahanandi, Nallamala Jungle Camps, Chirala / Machilipatnam / Kaikalur / Mopidevi / Hamsaladeevi / Kolleru, Chickmangaluru.

  

These are the few places that I can remember in a flash after reading through your post! :D I shall circle back if I remember any other places apart from this?

 

Also, provide more details like, if you are traveling with family / friends / car you use etc for more specific places to suggest!

 

Hope this helps! :) 

 

Hi @Sridhar Tandra,thanks for your valuable update.

 

Basically my native place is kadapa and i already had covered ->  Orvakal / Gandikota / Yaganti / Ahobilam / Mahanandi, Nallamala Jungle Camps multiple times.

But, am yet to cover Vizag and few places of Godavari circuit. Hampi can be doable in 2 days perhaps any weekend so have no thought of including it in 5 day itinerary.And In our Telugu states covered most of the places in Rayalseema and half of the coastal Andhra except the in/out of Vizag radius .

BTW i will be traveling in my Linea Mjd and we are 4 members (2F+2M).

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, sagar said:

 

1) Hyderabad - Maredumilli / Papikondalu - Vizag - Chilka lake - Puri

 2) Hyderabad - Shimoga - Jogfalls - Murudeshwar- Gokarna - Goa

 3) Hyderabad - Pondycherry - Mahabalipuram - Danushkodi - Rameshwaram

 4) Hyderabad - Chikamagalur- Kudremukh - Mangalore / Udupi / Malpe / St.Marys islands - Manipal

5) Hyderabad - Pune - Ahmedabad - Bhuj - Rann of Kutch (This will be too tight for a 5 day road trip)

 

 

Hi @sagar  I am glad to be a part of this group. Thank you so much for the warm welcome.

 

  1 -> Will check with my mates.

  2  -> Heard less water in Jog-falls and Goa is too much expensive at Dec end so already skipped that from my bucket list.

  3 -> I already did the circuit  

  4 -> Will check with my mates.

  5 -> I admit this as it is too tight to cover the circuit in 5 days.

 

++ Today i and my mates are obsessed about visiting Statue of unity (Gujarat) and checking the route map which covers any few other reputed places on the go.Any suggestions on this sir.

 

 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, venkyasam said:

 

  2  -> Heard less water in Jog-falls and Goa is too much expensive at Dec end so already skipped that from my bucket list.

 

 

Yes @venkyasam, The water flow is pretty low during this time of the year at Jog Falls. August/September would be the best time to reach Jog falls if it's to see the water flow. But, if you go during this month, You would have a chance to reach the foot of the falls and explore a little due to less flow. It's not so easy though.

Do check out the link below and check out the full thread for post monsoon and off season experience pictures & information shared by the members. Might be of a help to you :) 

Do post your queries for more information on this drive.

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Gandikota meetup on January 26 and 27th

×