India-Drive
  • Welcome!

Welcome to India-Drive, Road trips and travel group. Please register to join us.

• Similar Content

• By ShyamM
      Hello everyone,

We [2 brothers, only 1 knows driving] are planning for a road trip from Hyderabad to Kolkata in the coming weekends. Hyundai i20 Sports.

This would our first long road trip crossing 2 complete states. We are a bit concerned about the road conditions, how safe & secure the entire stretch of road is, any points of concern, or to be noted?

We plan to go in 4-hour drive <> 1-hour rest and halt at nights at safe & secure places. Considering COVID19, we plan to rest in the vehicle.

We would be packing light food & snacks & water for the entire trip.

Requesting this humble community to advice on
      1. Where would we reach with our 4:1 hour drive plan
      2. Any safe & secure place to halt the night around that location
      3. Any additional points of advice/caution

Regards,
      Shyam
    • By Abhidixi
      Hello Friends,
      I would like to travel from Hyderabad to Varanasi in mid Aug.
      Have anyone travelled recently. I will travel with kid and during this COVID situation I am really worried. Please suggest me best possible route and information about travel.pass if any required now 

• By mit1682
      #One Baleno#6 Souls#One destination#tones of memories#Bucket list tick#Gandikota Belum caves
      Trip planning started 6 months before and it kept on changing. Finally accommodation booked and trip scheduled on 24.Jan.2020.

Thanks to Ksk (Sathish) and Dishari for continuous guidance on route and stay.
      Car: Baleno ZETA CVT
      Members: 4 Adults and 2 kids
      Places visited: Gandikota & Belum caves. One can visit places like Owk reservoir, Yaganti temple, Orvakal
                     rock garden based on time availability.
      Route taken: Hyd-Kurnool-Nandyal-Gandikota-Belum caves-Banaganapali-Betamcherla-Kurnool-Hyd
      Road conditions:
                  - Hyd-Kurnool-Nandyal: Roads are good
                  -   Nandyal-Gandikota: Roads are good. 50 km before Gandikota roads are average to bad and
                     passes through villages.
      -  Gandikota-Belum caves-Banaganapali-Betamcherla-Kurnool : Roads are average and passes
      through villages. Once you touch NH40 then roads are good.
      - Kurnool-Hyd: Roads are good.
      - Route map provided for ref.

Distance traveled: ~ 800 KM
      Toll charges (Fastag): Rs. 650
      Petrol expanse: Rs. 3700
      Difficulties:
      Trip was awesome, except Aarav (my son) fall sick on day of trip with viral fever. But throughout trip he supported us with his smile. The complete success of trip goes to him.

At Gandikota you need to wear good shoes to walk on rocks along with comfortable cloths.
      Avoid it during summer & heavy rains.
      People with breathing and BP related issues should avoid Belum caves.
      Stay option at Gandikota:
      Option 1: Non AC tents
      Cost is Rs. 1000 per person with food on twin sharing basis.
      The only problem is during rainy season this will not be good. Also for common washroom, you need to travel 500 m.
      Option 2: AC tents
      Very costly around Rs. 3000 per person with food on twin sharing basis. Sometime even they charge Rs 3500. Tents without food charges will be Rs. 3000 on twin sharing basis.
      Need online booking via freakout.
      Washroom is attached to tent.
      Opion 3: AC rooms at Hariths resorts
      We found this good and reasonable. Per room cost is Rs 1600 from Mon-Wed and on Thur-Sun it will be Rs. 2000 (taxes extra).
      Rooms are good and 500 m away from site.
      Rooms being limited we need to book online via AP tourism website.
      Food options at Gandikota
      Only food option is Haritha resort (if you have not booked tents). We found food is average and can be manageable. We have carried electric cooker and prepared food by our self.
      Food options at Belum caves
      There is a small hotel available near to booking window. They serve cold drink, water and snacks.  We found food is average and can be manageable.

You can enjoy this trips in 2 days. I advise you to make it on weekdays as there will be less rush. For us it took 3 days as we are travelling with kids and we don’t want to drive in night and early mornings.
      Disclaimer: Not all of the photos are taken by me. Few are from my friends mobile.
      Photographic device:
      Poco f1
      Oneplus 7T
      Canon 1300D
      Xiomi note 6 pro
      Beauty of place you can derived from photos.

• Our picks