India-Drive
  • Welcome!

Welcome to India-Drive, Road trips and travel group. Please register to join us.

sreeni

Hyderbad to Tirupati Best route?

Route  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Hyderabad to Tirupati best route?

• Hyderabad --> Narketpally --> Mirayalaguda --> Piduguralla ---> Addanki --> Ongole--> Nellore --> Gudur -->Tirupati
    • HYDERABAD - JADCHERLA - MAHBUBNAGAR - NANDYAL - KADAPA - TIRUPATHI
  2. 2. Food stops between Hyderabad to Tirupati

• Hotel New Murugan, Kamepally
    • Hotel N5 Food Plaza
    • CCD, Gurivindapudi
    • Hotel Vivera, Narketpally

Hello Guys -

I will be travelling to Tirupati in a few days, wanted to know If this still the best route to Tirupati:

Hyderabad --> Narketpally --> Mirayalaguda --> Piduguralla ---> Addanki --> Ongole--> Nellore --> Gudur -->Tirupati

OR

Should I take the Hyderabad - Jadcherla - Mahbubnagar - Nandyal - Kadapa - Tirupati route?

Regards

Sridhar

• Like 4

On 7/24/2018 at 6:36 PM, Sridhar84 said:

Hello Guys -

I will be travelling to Tirupati in a few days, wanted to know If this still the best route to Tirupati:

Hyderabad --> Narketpally --> Mirayalaguda --> Piduguralla ---> Addanki --> Ongole--> Nellore --> Gudur -->Tirupati

OR

Should I take the Hyderabad - Jadcherla - Mahbubnagar - Nandyal - Kadapa - Tirupati route?

Regards

Sridhar

Hi Sridhar,

There are 3 routes to Tirupati from Hyderabad.

1) Hyderabad - NAM Expressway until Medarametla from Narketpally - Ongole - Nellore - Gudur - Kalahasti - Tirupathi

This route is good overall but the total distance of travel is little high, it is almost 650 kilometers.

2) Hyderabad - Kurnool - Nandyal - Kadapa - Rajampet - Mamandur - Tirupathi

This route is all good too with a few bad stretches of about 50 kilometers around Nandyal and few more bad patches between Kodur - Mamandur - Dodlamitta since this passes through the Forest and a lot of villages. The total distance if you take this route is about 550-600 kilometers approximately.

3) Hyderabad - Kurnool - Nandyal - Kadapa - Rayachoti - Pileru - Tirupati

This route is all good again except bad stretch around Nandyal and I understand that the road laying / repairing work between Rayachoti - Pileru is almost complete. The total distance if you take this route is about 550-600 kilometers approximately.

I would personally prefer taking the 3 option if I am asked to drive to Tirupati from Hyderabad.

You may choose your suitable route considering the aspects like if you are travelling with Family and kids, good pit stops, time you start from Hyderabad etc.,

Hope this helps :) Have a safe trip and provide us more updates on current road conditions once you are back from your trip!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sridhar Tandra said:

Hyd - NAM Expressway until Medarametla from Narketpally - Ongole - Nellore - Gudur - Kalahasti - Tirupathi

This route is good overall but the total distance of travel is very high, it is almost 900 kilometers

Thanks for the quick reply Sridhar.

Just a quick clarification on this one. I've checked in google maps for this particular route i.e. from

Gachibowli - ORR -  Narketpally - Nalgonda - Miryalaguda - Medarametla - Ongole - Nellore - Gudur - Kalahasti - Tirupati

The distance it says is 630 kms. Am I missing something here or that's what the distance is.

Regards

Sridhar

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Sridhar84 said:

The distance it says is 630 kms

Oh yes, my bad I missed it against something else on my mind 😣 

It is about 600-650 kilometers and about 100 kms longer!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Sridhar Tandra said:

Oh yes, my bad I missed it against something else on my mind

Not a problem, just wanted to clarify. Thanks a lot.

Regards

Sridhar

• Like 4

Hyderabad-Jedcherla-Kurnool-kadapa-Rajampet-Tirupathi
Is too good and I travel in this route to Thirupathi it’s totally highway not a single disturbance

• Like 5

12 hours ago, skshaan02 said:

Hyderabad-Jedcherla-Kurnool-kadapa-rajampet-Thirupathi
Is too good and I travel in this route to Thirupathi it’s totally highway not a single disturbance

Thanks a lot for sharing this update on the route to Tirupati @skshaan02 .. Will help a lot of travellers planning to go to tirupati :) 

Hyderabad-Jedcherla-Kurnool-kadapa-rajampet-Thirupathi

If you can add a few good food stops enroute for breakfast and lunch too, we would appreciate it :) 

• Like 3

Next time try NAM expressway (Ongole)

This route is much better than Kurnool route.

• Like 2

Kurnool highway used to be a best route to Tirupati.

Now it is NAM expressway.

I have tried both the routes last year.
My vote goes to NAM express way.

Can admin add poll between the two routes?

• Like 2

Hello Guys -

Just an update. I completed my trip to Tirupati(Tirumala) with my family, below are some of the details:

Route: Hyderabad --> Narketpally --> Mirayalaguda --> Piduguralla --> Addanki --> Ongole --> Nellore --> Gudur --> Naidupeta --> Tirupati
Total round-trip distance: 1288 kms
Total round-trip Toll expenses: 934 Rs.
Total one-way journey time: ~11.5 hrs (with breaks)
Start time: 0530 Hrs, Destination reached at: 1700 Hrs.

Stopped At
a. Hotel New Murugan, Kamepally
This is on SH2/NAM Expressway.
Washrooms/Toilets: OKAY, Food: Din't have anything here.

b. Hotel N5 Food Plaza
On NH16.
Washrooms: Somewhat Stinky, Food: OKAY.

c.CCD, Gurivindapudi
On NH16. This is after Krishnapatnam Port Road crossing.
Washrooms: GOOD, Food: Usual.

On our way back, apart from the above, we stopped at Hotel Vivera, Narketpally as well. 

Route Experience: 
NAM and NH16 both were pretty good. Encountered some traffic from Nellore till Krishnapatnam Port Road Crossing but other than that there wasn't much till Naidupeta. 
Road from Naidupeta to Tirupati was also good but there was lot of traffic especially some School and Company buses, an Army convoy and many slow moving tractors, probably it's just to do with the time of the day because I did not find any of these on my way back.

Overall, the road conditions were pretty good.  

Thank You all for suggesting this particular route.

Regards
Sridhar

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Sridhar84 said:

Route Experience:

Thank you for the update Sridhar, it is very helpful to know the recent status. 

7 minutes ago, Sridhar84 said:

Naidupeta --> Tirupati

How the road condition from Naidupeta to Tirupati?

Any potholes and speed bumps? 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Sridhar84 said:

Just an update. I completed my trip to Tirupati(Tirumala) with my family, below are some of the details:

Thanks a lot for updating us back with the latest conditions @Sridhar84:) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ranger said:

How the road condition from Naidupeta to Tirupati?

Any potholes and speed bumps? 

Potholes - A couple (minor).

Speed bumps - Yes, a few. Unmarked. Somewhere near Srikalahasti and Renigunta Check Post.

Regards

Sridhar

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Sridhar84 said:

Speed bumps - Yes, a few. Unmarked. Somewhere near Srikalahasti and Renigunta Check Post.

It helps, thank you!

• Like 2

Dear All,

I am planning for Trip to Tirupati via Nallamala Jungle Camp, Horsley Hills, Talakona Waterfalls & Tirupathi and back to Hyderabad.

Its very exciting long journey, I will keep you posted after returning back in a few weeks.

Onward journey 

Day-1

Halt at Nallamala Jungle Camp

My planned route is Banglore highway i.e Hyderabad ---> Jadcharla--->Kurnool-->Nandyal--->Nallamala Jungle Camp Pacherla

Day 2

Halt at Horsley Hills

Planned route Nallamala Jungle Camp --->Jammalamudugu--->Pulivendula---> Horsley Hills (1-day break)

Day 4

Halt at Tirupati (enroute Talakona Waterfalls)

Planned route Horsley Hills--> Talakona waterfalls --> Tirupati

Day 5

Tirupati darshan

Return Journey

Day 6

Tirupati NAM expressway  Tirupati--->Srikalahasti-->Nellore-->Kavali-->Ongole-->Nalgonda-->Hyderabad.

• Like 4

Dear All,
I am planning for Trip to Tirupati via Nallamala Jungle Camp, Horsley Hills, Talakona Waterfalls & Tirupathi and back to Hyderabad.
Its very exciting long journey, I will keep you posted after returning back in a few weeks.

Onward journey 
Day-1
Halt at Nallamala Jungle Camp
My planned route is Banglore highway i.e Hyderabad ---> Jadcharla--->Kurnool-->Nandyal--->Nallamala Jungle Camp Pacherla
Day 2
Halt at Horsley Hills
Planned route Nallamala Jungle Camp --->Jammalamudugu--->Pulivendula---> Horsley Hills (1-day break)
Day 4
Halt at Tirupati (enroute Talakona Waterfalls)
Planned route Horsley Hills--> Talakona waterfalls --> Tirupati
Day 5
Tirupati darshan

Return Journey
Day 6
Tirupati NAM expressway  Tirupati--->Srikalahasti-->Nellore-->Kavali-->Ongole-->Nalgonda-->Hyderabad.
If you have time , u can cover few more places like
Nelapattu Bird Sanctuary and srkslahasthi temple.
Note - I didn't visit bird sanctuary yet.

NELAPATTU BIRD SANCTUARY, Ayyapalem, Andhra Pradesh, Nelapattu, Andhra Pradesh 524126

https://goo.gl/maps/jKC3X8WUHMs
  • Like 2

We did not stop any where for food because we couldn't find any good restaurant in the way from Kurnool to Tirupathi.

We cooked our own food after crossing Kurnool,

there is a Mango farm, we stopped over there for an hour.

Advantages of travelling with huge family. 

• Like 3

Hi All,

I have completed Hyderabad -> Tirupati -> Hyderabad

Took both the routes.

while going I took 
Hyderabad --> Kurnool -> Kadapa -> Tirupati

There are few bad patches and few single lane stretches. 

While coming back, I took 

Tirupati --> Nellore --> Narketpally --> Tirupati

NAM expressway is good.

Also I met a India-Drive member at Tirupati.

Few clicks

• Like 3

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Ranger
      Day 0 : Hyderabad 14th December

Medical check list:
      Crocin - body pains and fever Metrogyl - motions Avomine - motion sickness  Surbex- T multivitamin - resistance  Band aids - safety Soframycin ointment - safety Wikoryl - sore throat and cold Diamox - Altitude sickness  
      Vehicle check list 
      Periodic Service and all liquids top up Wheel alignment and balancing, check tyres for punctures, check spare wheel Jumper cables (available at Ranijung)   Towing ropes and  hooks (available at Ranijung)   Air pump Spare bulbs Torch  Duct tape  Knife/scissors Zip ties  Basic tool kit Dash cam Car charger (two, front/rear) PUC (pollution)   
      Camera check list :
      Don't forget to empty memory cards Tripod stand Action Camera Car mount Chargers and extra batteries  Gimbal  
      Personal check list 
      Passport Passport size photos Original license Original RC Original Insurance AAdhar card
    • By kishorerao
      Guys can someone please suggest the route and pit-stops to ooty from Hyderabad and best place to stay in ooty
      I'm planning to go on 16th December 2018

• By uday
      Hi All,

Please share your best mobile picture. 

Rules:
      Shot should be landscape  Share some information like location/object name etc Add mobile name No category restriction, can be anything.   
  • Mobile App downloads