Sign in to follow this  
Ranger

Hyderabad to Hampi Route updates

Monsoon season, it is time to hit the road more often.

Recently, we did Hyderabad to hampi road trip.

There are many route suggestion but after experimenting different routes. This is the best route we did so far.

Route:

Hyderabad -->Mahbubnagar--> Raichur-->Sindhanur --> Gangavati --> Hampi

1. Hyderabad to Mahbubnagar : 4-lane road with toll road. Road condition is excellent.
  2. Mahbubnagar to Gangavati : 2-lane road with unexpected speed bumps. Road condition is above average, nothing alarming.
  3. Gangavati to Hampi: 2-lane road condition is poor with potholes and narrow roads.

We found the above route better than Gooty and shorter.

Gooty to Hampi is in bad shape and is longer by around 80 kilometers.

Details and pictures from our previous trip to Hampi.

https://www.india-drive.com/forum/ma...ampi-karnataka

Gowtham - do you have details on gooty hampi stretch. am going to be travelling with 3 kids from hyd to hampi. trying to figure out best route.

• Like 1

Gowtham - do you have details on gooty hampi stretch. am going to be travelling with 3 kids from hyd to hampi. trying to figure out best route.

last I heard(before one year) Gooty to Ballari is in bad shape. Don't have the latest update.

Any specific reason to take this route?

Note : I heard there is some bridge repair going on around Raichur. Please search about it.

On 05/03/2017 at 4:36 PM, SANJAYKPAUL said:

Planning my road journey from Nagpur to Hampi via hyderabad, Raichur. Any highway hotel on hyderabad to raichur stretch?

No proper Hotels between Hyderabad and Raichur
You can try Papyrus port resort, but it is not worth the money.

I would suggest you to stay before Hyderabad, Many resorts are available at Shamirpet.

• Leonia
  • Alankrita
  • Celebrity Resort
  • Summer green

All the above resorts are close to Hyderabad ORR.

You can take Hyderabad ORR and directly switch to Bangalore Highway. 

• Like 1

Hyderabad to Hampi best route update

Hyderabad --> Jadcherla --> Kurnool --> Alur --> Ballari --> Hampi

Above route is most preferred route compared to Raichur route which is filled with speed bumps.

• Like 1

Guest Sanjeev Kushvaha
On 11/21/2017 at 1:53 PM, Ranger said:

Hyderabad to Hampi best route update

Hyderabad --> Jadcherla --> Kurnool --> Alur --> Ballari --> Hampi

Above route is most preferred route compared to Raichur route which is filled with speed bumps.

Travelling today from Hyderabad to Hampi. Is this the best route in terms of drive comfort? My first time long drive.

Did Bangalore to Hampi via Chitradurga. Bangalore to Chitradurga is excellent road, 4 to 6 lane. Chitradurga onwards 4 laning in progress with lots of diversions and speed bumps. Many places villagers are drying crop on the road which is a menace. Took me about 7 hrs with one lunch break and 2 tea breaks in my Scorpio.

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AmitT said:

Took me about 7 hrs with one lunch break and 2 tea breaks in my Scorpio.

Thank you for the update.
Any update on accommodation details? 

On 22/12/2017 at 6:34 PM, Guest Sanjeev Kushvaha said:

Travelling today from Hyderabad to Hampi. Is this the best route in terms of drive comfort? My first time long drive.

Kurnool  --> Alur --> Ballari 

Its 2 way road and many villages. You can expect many speed breakers. In some stretches you can go fast 100 KMPH.

For me Bellary to Kurnool took 3 hrs. I did this on Dec 29th. 

From Alur to Bellari, except some 1 km and in 2 stretches, rest of the road is completed. 

Many people takes the below rout for Hampi.

Hyderabad -->Mahbubnagar--> Raichur-->Sindhanur --> Gangavati --> Hampi

Not sure about the road condition from Raichur-->Sindhanur --> Gangavati --> Hampi.

Check the other posts in this site.

Edited by sahil
  • Like 1

On 1/11/2018 at 9:49 AM, Ranger said:

Thank you for the update.
Any update on accommodation details? 

Hampi is a protected Heritage site with no accommodation. Good accommodation is available in Kamalapur (5km). Try Mayuri (Govt KSTDC) and Clarks Inn (both in Rs 3000-3500 range).

Several budget food outlets. Good restaurants in the two Hotels and also Mango Tree for authentic continental, North Indian and Mediterranean fare. 

Just did Hampi -> Bellary -> Alur -> Kurnool -> Hyderabad. Took 9 hours including a lunch break and 4 tea breaks.  

Hampi - Bellary is ok with 4 Laning under construction and therefore several diversions. Road is ok. Bellary towards Alur is good at the begining but a 30-40 km stretch at Alur is rough. Alur to Kurnool several culverts are under construction and therefore diversions through rough patches. Last 50 km to Kurnool is excellent black top. 

4 Lane excellent highway from Kurnool to Hyderabad.

Also note that there are no good eateries between Bellary and Kurnool. So too up accordingly.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, AmitT said:

Also note that there are no good eateries between Bellary and Kurnool. So too up accordingly.

Thank you for the report Amit.
It is very helpful. 
Please do share some pictures, when you get time. 
:)

17 hours ago, AmitT said:

Just did Hampi -> Bellary -> Alur -> Kurnool -> Hyderabad. Took 9 hours including a lunch break and 4 tea breaks.  

Hampi - Bellary is ok with 4 Laning under construction and therefore several diversions. Road is ok. Bellary towards Alur is good at the begining but a 30-40 km stretch at Alur is rough. Alur to Kurnool several culverts are under construction and therefore diversions through rough patches. Last 50 km to Kurnool is excellent black top. 

4 Lane excellent highway from Kurnool to Hyderabad.

Thanks a lot for the update @AmitT . Really helpful stuff.

I did Hampi - Hyderabad on the 2nd Jan 2018
Route followed: Hampi - Gangavathi - Sindhanur - Raichur - Bhootpur - Hyderabad

Started at ~1:15 pm n reached Hyd (Hitech city) at 6:45pm

Roads were good with Sindhanur as a bad stretch due to road construction.... Once you cross after Raichur, you have the road construction in progress

Here is my detailed travelogue

https://traveldiaries.vacations/2018/01/05/hyderabad-gokarna-jog-falls-hampi-roadtrip/

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this