India-Drive
  • Welcome!

Welcome to India-Drive, Road trips and travel group. Please register to join us.

Krish

Benefits That A Physically Disabled Person Gets For a New Car

Hey guys,

This is a discussion thread on the benefits that a physically disabled person gets while buying a new car.

This might be useful for those having very little knowledge over the particular topic.

Recently I've seen one of my father's assistant buy a Maruti Suzuki Celerio and got it customised as per his needs.

After doing some research on the topic, I found that Ford India is offering some additional benefits for disabled people on Figo, EcoSport and Endeavour all variants which the person is not aware of...

Many people who are not aware of such things end up paying high. So, I think it'd be good if people here spread some more knowledge and inputs on the benefits Government offer, manufacturers offer, and the requirements needed which will benefit the needy and help them discover the places that they dream...

PICTURE ATTACHED FOR REFERENCEScreenshot_20181104-165037.jpeg

• Like 3

Recently I got registered my ecosport as invalid carriage.

Didn't get any offer directly from ford.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Krish said:

This is a discussion thread on the benefits that a physically disabled person gets while buying a new car.

Nice thread @Krish. I am sure many lack knowledge on this and I would like to throw in some light which I am aware of... Correct me if I'm wrong.

The exemption in Excise is available for sure to the physically handicap persons only if they buy a car specially designed for handicap. 

The procedure to be followed is that the person will have to apply directly to the manufacturing company (through a local dealer). That particular person will be personally called for an interview and the car will be modified suitably for him/her. 

RTO will register the car and issue the exclusive driving license only if a certificate from Chief Medical Officer is issued specifying the disability of the person that, he/she will however be able to drive that particular car.

• Like 2

Recently I got registered my ecosport as invalid carriage.
Didn't get any offer directly from ford.

Why don't you enquire with the dealer once? Also give reference of the website information.

Nice thread [mention=342]Krish[/mention]. I am sure many lack knowledge on this and I would like to throw in some light which I am aware of... Correct me if I'm wrong.
The exemption in Excise is available for sure to the physically handicap persons only if they buy a car specially designed for handicap. 
The procedure to be followed is that the person will have to apply directly to the manufacturing company (through a local dealer). That particular person will be personally called for an interview and the car will be modified suitably for him/her. 
RTO will register the car and issue the exclusive driving license only if a certificate from Chief Medical Officer is issued specifying the disability of the person that, he/she will however be able to drive that particular car.
As far as I know have been told, we can normally buy a car from the dealer (any car), register it as an invalid carriage by RTA, get it modified (there are many reputed people who does that).

For all these, one need to have a PD certificate given by the medical board.

I didn't go too deep into this thing, please correct me if I'm wrong anywhere.

Here is the name of the garage that does modifications in Hyderabad and which is favorite among people.

http://www.handicappedcar.in/