India-Drive
  • Welcome!

Welcome to India-Drive, Road trips and travel group. Please register to join us.

Sign in to follow this  
shammy

Hyderabad to Pillalamarri Mahbubnagar, Road trip and Route information.

Distance : ~ 100 kilometers.

Drive time :~ 2 hours.

Road condition : Excellent from Hyderabad to Mahbubnagar, last 20 kilometers is average.

Restaurants : Drive Inn on NH7.

Best Route:

Hyderabad --> Shamshabad --> Jadcharla --> Mahbubnagar [ATTACH=CONFIG]n3619[/ATTACH]

Pillalamarri is an 800 year old Banyan tree in Mahabubnagar. The branches of the tree are spread over an area of 3 acres.

Some people claim that it can provide shade to around 1000 people at a time.

Best time to visit is during the rainy season. Let the pictures do the talking.

We took a small video of the place to give you better idea. Watch it in 1080P.

• Like 1

This entrance gave us the feeling that we couldn't spend more than 10 mins. But our entire perspective has changed when we started searching for the parent tree as every tree seemed to be the same. Time flew like a comet when we finished the "parent root search game (The Great Banyan vs The Human)".

1.jpg

After looking at the natural arch, I just had to muddle through wondering "How complicated it has grown!!"

2.jpg

It was a big puzzle for us to find the parent tree. So we started our game and by looking at each tree, everything seems to be the parent and ended up losing with the Great Banyan. Thanks to Great Banyan for growing up so complicated and letting humans loose:cry:

3.jpg

4.jpg

We can see the natural geometric shapes here and there.

5.jpg

This looks like a wedding arch decorated with green leaves.:P

6.jpg

I was shocked for a second by looking at this. It looked like a giant octopus with a human hand on one side and with multiple tentacles.:shock:

7.jpg

Observe carefully :P!!

8.jpg

• Like 2

This is the entrance for Pillalamarri mini zoo which has snakes, different bird species and deers in it.

15.jpg

Our beautiful national bird "Peacock".

9.jpg

Different animals caged inside the fencing. (its a small facility, don't expect huge variety :P)

10.jpg

Spotted a deer holding a disposable glass, proudly looking at his friends that he has found something.

11.jpg

Can you spot his family at a distance chilling under the shade :P

12.jpg

I love this tree, wish I could stand near it and click one of mine :P.

13.jpg

Found few mini temples inside the zoo.

14.jpg

On our way back to Hyderabad, found these bamboo like trees.

16.jpg

• Like 2

Ready to pose!!

17.jpg

Here comes the poser with a celebrity look in his eyes!!

18.jpg

Last picture to end the day in a good mood.

19.jpg

Overall, I would rate this place average in summer. It will be better in monsoon for sure.

• Like 2

Thank you for sharing.

Tree is amazing for sure. Monsoon is the best time to visit.

It is one of the quick weekend getaway from Hyderabad.

• Like 1

Nice write up.

I have no idea about this place.

Been to Drive inn dhaba many times just for the drive.

Next time I will cover this place.

Guys any more places to visit on NH7 around Jadcharla?

• Like 2

Loved the last picture. Good information.:cooler:

shiva said:

Guys any more places to visit on NH7 around Jadcherla?

There is one more place called Kolikonda near Jadcherla.

I heard it is very good place. Seems like an unexplored place. I couldn't find much information in web also.

Any one visited?

• Like 2

Loved the last picture. Good information.:cooler:

There is one more place called Kolikonda near Jadcherla.

I heard it is very good place. Seams like an unexplored place. I couldn't find much information in web also.

Any one visited?

Even we wanted to visit kolikonda, but we started late in the afternoon. We did not have much time in hand.

Will visit this place in monsoon.:idea:

• Like 2

Awesome post shammy.

If I am not wrong, those last pictures are taken at the eco park which is on the right side while going from Jadcherla to Pillalamarri.

Did you guys explore the park?

Kolikonda is an amazing place. I have visited this place 5 years back.

It will be fun you are interested in trekking.

• Like 2

Nice post.. I have heard of this place for the first time and the tree looks like a real puzzle... will try to reach there this weekend :)..

Thank you for sharing

• Like 2

Felt nice to read about the post which i have never seen before.. looking forward to more posts as such.. i like the tree part of this post..

• Like 2

Felt nice to read about the post which i have never seen before.. looking forward to more posts as such.. i like the tree part of this post..

It is a decent place to spend some time away from the city rush.

• Like 2

Have not heard of this place and looks like its been there for some time now... Thanks for sharing :)

• Like 3

Nice post. Any latest information about this place? I am planning to visit this place this month. Let me know if it is worth visiting in this time of the year.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Jagan24 said:

Nice post. Any latest information about this place? I am planning to visit this place this month. Let me know if it is worth visiting in this time of the year.

@Jagan24 If the summer is not much of a bother to you.. you can visit this place. But, I personally would suggest you to start your travel post July. The weather adds up a lot of beauty to the scene and would keep you a little more peaceful  :)

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Jagan24 said:

Frankly speaking, place is strictly average.
Avoid it during summer.
Avoid it on Sunday's may get overcrowded.

If you are looking for a quick getaway, would suggest you to visit Koilsagar during Sunrise/Sunset.
It is a fantastic place.

• Like 2

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Ranger
      A quick drive to Hidden Castle.
      Place is located around 100 kilometers from Hyderabad.

Road condition:
      4-lane with very few diversions. Once you hit the highway, You will reach the destination in an hour.

Food options on highway:
      Enroute you can find Haritha food court.

• By KSK
      Intro Rant:

Summers are always tricky. Most people don't prefer to venture out on a trip in summer, for obvious reasons. So, when I bounced an idea off a trip to Warangal this summer, everyone went nuts. They even ridiculed that I'm not in my senses. But I did not want to drop the idea just because someone feels it to be stupid. I needed a break from my monotonous work life, so I was adamant. I know my wife also wouldn't agree; even if she does, she doesn't come considering the weather, but I have to do the customary - inform. My son's response, quick as a wink, was "Let's do it". Wonderful kid. It took some collective effort by me and my son to get the go-ahead from the home minister. Phew!

Plan and Preparation:

Being a Kakatiya University graduate myself, I regret not exploring enough of Warangal (capital of Kakatiya Dynasty) for long, which is known for its rich history and heritage. Though it is well within 150 km distance from my hometown and also from Hyderabad, I did not specifically travel to see some of its historical places. So, it's that time again - One-day trip!

There was this understanding with my wife and me that any impromptu trip needs to be done and dusted same day. If it's feasible and possible then she and our daughter would also join. Otherwise, my only soul companion is my son on any given day. He can only match and endure my crazy schedule. But being peak summer, my wife was skeptical and worried about excessively hot weather. Only after explaining and reassuring about all necessary precautions taken, we were given the nod. I feel there is nothing like "perfect" time to travel. There is only convenient time. The more the amount of convenience the better. That's it. Peak season travel can bring expensive price tags, overcrowded tours, accommodation, parking and food problems etc. So sometimes off-season travelling could bring in some benefits. One such benefit is leisurely exploring the place in its entirety without hassle. In the end, it proved to be a wise decision as we could spend some quality time exploring the places (especially Laknavaram which is crowded during peak season).

Once the date (April 15th) was decided, it was only up to us on how many places we can cover in a day. We finalized 6 places. I've gone through Google maps for route and order of visit.

The Route:

Hyderabad -> Bhuvanagiri -> Yadadri -> Kazipet -> Warangal. 

This is the only route everyone takes from Hyderabad, but little did we know what was in store for us. The four-lane road is under construction from Yadadri (Yadagirigutta) to Warangal, and it is a 99-km section of National Highway–163 in Telangana. Lots of patches, diversions and traffic was allowed only on one side. It was a nightmare to drive with heavy oncoming truck traffic especially at night. It took nearly 4 hours to cover 145 odd KMs for return journey, excluding dinner time.

The Journey:

Below was the order of places we wanted to visit:

Bhadrakali Temple Warangal Fort Thousand-Pillar Temple Ramappa Temple Laknavaram Lake Pakhal Lake  
      Trip Details:

Total distance covered:  539 KM
      Total duration of the trip:  17 hours

Road Conditions:

NH163 - Yadadri to Warangal:  Quite a few diversions, patchy roads, potholes, and heavy truck traffic (at night). Other connecting roads are good to okay. If travelling to Pakhal lake from Laknavaram then do not blindly follow Google maps. It'll take you through some thandas.  We drove almost 6 KM through a thanda and got lost.  Just take left at Mallampalli and follow NH365 until Narsampet (Ambedkar statue), and then take left and follow Pakhal road till the lake.  
      Food Options:

Limited food options everywhere we visited except Warangal. At Laknavaram, food options available like lunch, but depends on the crowd. Better to carry home-made food to other places.  

Parking Facility:

Limited or no proper parking facilities at all places I visited. It'll be chaos at Laknavaram in peak season unless there is an alternative.  

• Gandikota meetup on January 26 and 27th