India-Drive
  • Welcome!

Welcome to India-Drive, Road trips and travel group. Please register to join us.

Krish

Reserve Forests, Wildlife Sanctuaries, National Parks List In Andhra Pradesh & Telangana.

Hey all,

Dussehra vacations are on the way and I started planning from today itself for my next wildlife trip. 

Woke up in the morning to see a mail about the vacations 😁

for me its going to be a long holiday from 13th October to 21st October.

What could be more happier on a Monday morning than opening a mail about the long holidays... 😍

So coming to the point,

I request people over here to give some information about the forests reserves in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana, AP mostly as I will be spending most of my time in Vijayawada and Ramachandrapuram (EG Dist).

Been to Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve this year  visited Nallamalla forests the previous year, and Maredumilli forests before Nallamalla (couldn't spend much time though). this time also I'm planning to visit some place and want to spend some time, at least a day or two in the forest. 

everyone please give the list of places which will also be useful for wildlife enthusiasts like me as there are very less posts on wildlife here. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Krish said:

for me its going to be a long holiday from 13th October to 21st October.

Nice one @Krish, And if that's such a long holiday.. I think you should travel outside Andhra and Telangana :D You should explore forests reserves like Jim Corbett, Ranthambore, Gir and Sundarbans :) 

• Like 2

Nice one [mention=342]Krish[/mention], And if that's such a long holiday.. I think you should travel outside Andhra and Telangana  You should explore forests reserves like Jim Corbett, Ranthambore, Gir and Sundarbans  

Spent much on my Tadoba trip@sagar
This time planning small, next year planning for some foreign tour.
  • Like 2

We posted the list of wildlife sanctuaries and forests in India drive. Please search and tag here..it is a very comprehensive list..

• Like 2

I have planned for Maredumilli and Araku during Dussehra holidays, a drive from Bhadrachalam via forest route. But due to the current situation in and around Araku, I'm rethinking.
Probably visit jinnaram wild life and places near manchiryal and Karimnagar dist. Like temples and Godavari..
I will cover bogatha and muthyaladara water falls near eturunagaram..

• Like 3

I have planned for Maredumilli and Araku during Dussehra holidays, a drive from Bhadrachalam via forest route. But due to the current situation in and around Araku, I'm rethinking.
Probably visit jinnaram wild life and places near manchiryal and Karimnagar dist. Like temples and Godavari..
I will cover bogatha and muthyaladara water falls near eturunagaram..
Skip Araku. And how's the resorts in Maredumilli? And what about the Safari? I'm not too worried about the animal spottings, all I want is to venture into the drop forest.

Do you have any info?
  • Like 2

I heard good reviews about Jinnaram forest and there is a stay and safari option. And also it is close to kuntala water falls.

• Like 2

Check the Bairluty , pscherla Wilde life...seems to be good.
Done long back check the report in my profile.
  • Like 2

You can explore Maredumilli to Aruku, without taking highway. 
Via Sileru, it is beautiful. 

• Like 4

Been to Maredumilli. Couldn't explore much because of my vehicle. It's a Honda City and I'm always concerned about its GC and manoeuvrability in a forest due to its length.
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Krish said:

Spent much on my Tadoba trip@sagar

Since you are pinned towards animal spotting, you should opt to go outside AP, Telangana considering that you have covered the most. If at all you are looking at enjoying the drive through the forests, there are quite a many..

Maredumilli - Lambasingi - Sileru - Mothugudem - Maredumilli is a beautiful circuit that you should consider to enjoy the native forest drive. Note that it should be an early morning drive through this circuit :) 

3 hours ago, Krish said:

This time planning small, next year planning for some foreign tour.

For the type of person you are and the type of places you are inclined to, Masai Mara should fall top on your list and also Madagascar :) 

• Like 3

For the type of person you are and the type of places you are inclined to, Masai Mara should fall top on your list and also Madagascar  
Well said anna

That's on my bucket list. Will do Masai Mara soon. Just waiting for a 100-400mm zoom lens. Want to go there with a proper gear.
  • Like 2

For the type of person you are and the type of places you are inclined to, Masai Mara should fall top on your list and also Madagascar  
Will do Maredumilli. Will go through Varun's report and enquire him about the places and roads.
  • Like 2

@sagar have you been to any of the mentioned two places? Or anyone from our forum??
Just wondering if there's anyone who had done this...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, uday said:

i would try this out this year :) Thanks

• Like 3

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Krish
      A day to be remembered forever, 2016 is the year that I have joined in this beautiful group since then Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve was always on my bucket list. many attempts plan since then and nearly after two years, I got the chance to go. I don't want to stress more on the routes and other details as there are enough threads regarding the same. rather I would like to share my favourite photos that I have shot in my three days stay and safari and Pangdi and Madnapur gate. never the less I will share with you people some necessary information like stay, safari details, gates, and some knowledge of wildlife that I have gained. 

Started at 6:00 in the morning from Kompally and reached by 3:00 in the afternoon. remember that no one can help you with the routes. it's always better to contact someone at the resort and ask them to guide you in person. except Jio, no other sim card is going to work. I stayed at Mahua Tola Resorts, I can say that it is the best in the place. a  bit on the higher side, yet friendly staff, manager and good food. we were the only family the three days and never we felt insecure. Manager Shukla is a very nice person, he will come with us to the Safari and make it a very memorable and enjoyable one. 

Coming to the safari, it's always good to ask the resort people to book. because at the gate I have seen few facing some problems. if it's the resort people, its hassle free. this is personal opinion though. 

As people see, it's not so easy to spot a tiger. a tiger spotting depends on our luck. a tiger mainly sits just beside or few meters away from us inside the forest, yet not visible most of the time. it's just because of the bamboo trees. Tadoba is full of bamboo trees and that makes it very difficult to spot one even if it near us. you will be tempted by the pugmarks, but not always you'll see a tiger. I was really lucky to spot Tigress Junabai with her cubs on my last day safari with the resort manager Shukla at Madhapur gate. Ultimate sightings I can say. It is my father who spotted her while she was resting under a tree shade few meters away from us covered with bamboo trees. 

I'm not a pro, yet telling my experience with the camera focusing modes and how I got a perfect focus mode settings by experimenting and with the knowledge I have on focus modes which I have learnt studying few books, articles and discussing it in our WhatsApp group. 

The device, Sony Alpha A6000 with 55-210mm zoom lens. manual mode, shutter speed around 1/500 and above, ISO range 4000 (thanks to my cameras high ISO range ie, 25600), Aperture F:6.3

Focus Mode: Auto, Focus Area: Wide, Metering Mode: Multi

This was the mode that I have shot at first only to get the defocused face of a tiger. Thought "this is over, I'm not going to get any more beautiful photos". thought of the focusing modes and settings I have learnt before and adjusted it again to try my luck. 

Focus Mode: Auto, Focus Area: Centre, Metering Mode: Spot

And then I got some amazing pictures. 

Used Auto Focus Continues while the subject was moving and I can say that this is the camera for super fast autofocus. never missed a detail while shooting with this in AF-C mode. 
      You can check out the langur monkey and male spotted deer jumping. shot in AF-C mode with shutter sped around 1/1000 or above. couldn't get a zoomed one because of the lens. 

Here are the pictures. 

PS: I have written Neelghai female. but that's a male Sambar deer. 

• By Krish
      Here is some information about Indian wildlife Sanctuaries and national parks. 
      Open for suggestions, please comment if there's anything to be added or edited. 

• Mobile App downloads