India-Drive
Ranger

Dash Cams in India

1 minute ago, Sridhar Tandra said:

Same case with me, I have not used the Suction Mount yet

How did you install without suction mount on the glass? 

I'm planning to stick using a 3M tape, but I'm not sure if it will leave marks on the windshield. 

2 minutes ago, Ranger said:

How did you install without suction mount on the glass? 

I'm planning to stick using a 3M tape, but I'm not sure if it will leave marks on the windshield. 

I have got a same tape / glue type sticky to the mount that I have got with the cam! thats so strong that the cam / mount did not move so far. It has been few months now, I am not sure of the material that is used in that sticker, will refer to the Dashcam box and let you know if I find a clue

• Like 1

Does the heat give any issues for a dashcam because where I live, it can go up to as high as 38-40 degree Celsius. 

Edited by wandererbychoice
  • Like 2

Heat won't be a problem.

Only issue is you may loose mount suction.

But you can still use a 3M tape to secure it properly.

• Like 1

Thx fir sharing such a in depth review. I would like to add few points.  Night video quality must be excellent too. Also nobody has time to arrange for laptop to play footage, at that time dash camera having decent screen and inbuilt speaker would be good. 

Also, imagine someone overtaking from wrong side and collides from behind, Front camera will have no evidence. Here comes the importance of rear recording. 

You may search dual recording on Google.

I m personally using this from link

It has all above features just in ₹8500.

Have a safe driving friends m

• Like 2

Thanks buddy for sharing this info. I have been using the dash cam for over an year now and its very helpful. I have been successful in sharing the pics with traffic police via whatsapp too.

I did enough research before I bought one and planning to pick a new one (pref. EKEN H9R or FITFORT). My suggestion for others who plan to buy... buy one with 170 degrees wide angle with loop recording. Rest all is secondary.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Sai Vardhan said:

Thanks buddy for sharing this info. I have been using the dash cam for over an year now and its very helpful. I have been successful in sharing the pics with traffic police via whatsapp too.

I did enough research before I bought one and planning to pick a new one (pref. EKEN H9R or FITFORT). My suggestion for others who plan to buy... buy one with 170 degrees wide angle with loop recording. Rest all is secondary.

That's great job @Sai Vardhan. Appreciate it. Any particular sources or trusted online stores to buy the above mentioned brands?

• Like 2

Hi Sagar,

I looked at banggood.com for EKEN H9R and it has 2 models priced around 3500 & 5500. Haven't done the comparison so far but will do it shortly. It's available at amazon.com for about USD 60+

The other one, FITFORT is also from Amazon.com for about USD 60+

I look at the number of people giving the ratings and what the rating is before buying. Both these are at 4.5/5.

If you know someone traveling from US then you can order it. If you have to look at buying from India only then you can look at Procus Rush 4k action camara (rated 4/5) available at amazon.in for 5500/-.

To add further... the ones I mentioned can be used as regular 4k cams and not limited to Dash Cams.

Edited by Sai Vardhan
  • Like 3

50 minutes ago, Sai Vardhan said:

the ones I mentioned can be used as regular 4k cams and not limited to Dash Cams.

But the out wont be fruitful.
We can't mix the usage of dash cam and regular cam.
They are made for different purposes. 

• Like 2

Hi Ranger,

Unless you are professional photographer then these are no way in comparison.

Dash cams are also available for about 2k and 99% of then work good in day time but they become hopeless in night time ( I'll share the pics & videos from my dash cam and difference between day & night).

The ones I mentioned above are action cams... They can be used for regular video capturing as well as dash cam.

• Like 3

Yes... Many dash camera has worst night quality. But I would like you to give a chance to this dash cam. It has Excellent night video clarity.

• Like 2

Hi Sachin,

I looked at the night time video...looks neat but then 8K for a dash cam.

I feel that's way too much.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Sai Vardhan said:

Hi Sachin,

I looked at the night time video...looks neat but then 8K+ for the dash cam... I feel that's way too much.

Hi Sai Vardhan Bro,

I am using it from last few months and I am satisfied with quality. I find price reasonable after doing R&D about other models of Transcend, HP, Garmin. This dash cam seems costly but it has:

1) Rear Camera which records simultaneously as well as assist in parking. Not present in Transcend, HP.

2) Comes with Free OBD Cable worth Rs. 1200, USB cable and USB adaptor. 

3) 1 year replacement warranty. (Transcend says warranty void in high temperature. All covers only manufacturing defect)

4) Field of View is huge 170 degree compared to cheap models. ( Others has 130-150 degree)

5) Night quality excellent.

6) Inbuilt 4 inch IP Full HD Screen to play the video on the spot. Transcend, HP has small screen with low resolution. 

7) Price is just Rs. 8500 which is much less than Base models of Transcend, HP, Garmin.

8) 15 days money return guarantee they say (verify before buying)

I hope I didn't sound like the marketing executive of that brand & I request moderator not to block me. It's just my personal experience, I wish everyone use good quality dash camera to stay safe from Court Cases. 

• Like 2

Cases of Accident from behind increasing. At that time, front camera will have no record. Only rear camera will show the truth of wrong side overtaking, bike driver talking on mobile etc.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, sachin86 said:

Hi Sai Vardhan Bro,

I am using it from last few months and I am satisfied with quality. I find price reasonable after doing R&D about other models of Transcend, HP, Garmin. This dash cam seems costly but it has:

1) Rear Camera which records simultaneously as well as assist in parking. Not present in Transcend, HP.

2) Comes with Free OBD Cable worth Rs. 1200, USB cable and USB adaptor. 

3) 1 year replacement warranty. (Transcend says warranty void in high temperature. All covers only manufacturing defect)

4) Field of View is huge 170 degree compared to cheap models. ( Others has 130-150 degree)

5) Night quality excellent.

6) Inbuilt 4 inch IP Full HD Screen to play the video on the spot. Transcend, HP has small screen with low resolution. 

7) Price is just Rs. 8500 which is much less than Base models of Transcend, HP, Garmin.

😎 15 days money return guarantee they say (verify before buying)

I hope I didn't sound like the marketing executive of that brand & I request moderator not to block me. It's just my personal experience, I wish everyone use good quality dash camera to stay safe from Court Cases. 

Hi Sachin,

Features sound good. If you dont mind, I would like to have a look at your dash cam when we get a chance to meet up in person :)

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, sachin86 said:

Cases of Accident from behind increasing. At that time, front camera will have no record. Only rear camera will show the truth of wrong side overtaking, bike driver talking on mobile etc.

Well...I'll say... you should not worry about the back side. I go with the funda ... when some one crashed into you from back for most of the reason it is his fault and not ours... Simple rule... need to maintain distance with the vehicle in front. I may be wrong but that's how I follow :)

I had so many cases where 2 wheelers banging into my back bumper. 

• Like 3

On 4/27/2018 at 11:05 PM, Sai Vardhan said:

Hi Sachin,

Features sound good. If you dont mind, I would like to have a look at your dash cam when we get a chance to meet up in person 😊:)

Yup sure. Let me know whenever you visit Vadodara, Gujarat. 

• Like 3

On 4/27/2018 at 5:18 PM, Sai Vardhan said:

The ones I mentioned above are action cams... They can be used for regular video capturing as well as dash cam.

Action cam  should not be used a dash cam.

They are designed for different purposes. 

Dash cam has a small battery, so that I won't generate heat during a continuous drive.
Action cam has a bigger battery, it is designed to work on longer stretches without any power supply. 

Action cam is not designed to take continuous power input, Imagine using an action for 20 hours in a single stretch. 
It will simply give up in a long run and can be dangerous too.

• Like 2

On 4/30/2018 at 3:47 PM, Ranger said:

Action cam  should not be used a dash cam.

They are designed for different purposes. 

Dash cam has a small battery, so that I won't generate heat during a continuous drive.
Action cam has a bigger battery, it is designed to work on longer stretches without any power supply. 

Action cam is not designed to take continuous power input, Imagine using an action for 20 hours in a single stretch. 
It will simply give up in a long run and can be dangerous too.

Ranger, your point noted 👍👍👍

• Like 2

On 4/28/2018 at 8:26 AM, sachin86 said:

Yup sure. Let me know whenever you visit Vadodara, Gujarat. 

Sachin, you are long way from where I am.... in near future, if paths cross.. will certainly look at your dash cam 🙂

• Like 2