India-Drive
Sign in to follow this  
driveking

No need to carry vehicle RC and license copies anymore

The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) has issued an advisory to states to accept Driving Licence, Registration Certificate or other documents in 'electronic form' presented through DigiLocker or mParivahan platform as valid under the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 and treat them at par with the certificates issued by the transport authorities

Source

So now it is official that all the states should accept digital driving license and Vehicle RC.

Apps

• DigiLocker
  • mParivahan

What will happen to RTA M-wallet?
Anyone tried to use the above apps in Hyderabad? 

Any information on Insurance and Pollution certificates? 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, driveking said:

RTA M-wallet?

I am assuming this will remain but limited to Telangana only! I am using M-Wallet but never been stopped by Police so far and never got a chance to use it.

2 hours ago, driveking said:

Insurance and Pollution certificates? 

As per the above post, there is no update / separate App for Telangana like M-Wallet for Insurance and Pollution certificates!

• Like 2

On 9th August the government issued a statement for the states to accept the driving license and other documents in electric forms.

This online verification of certificates is expected to help the enforcement authority in ensuring the genuineness of the details which further would also result in better compliance and effective monitoring.

I guess RTA is limited to Telangana and this works all over India. Very much helpful for all the highway travellers.

• Like 2

Am using M-wallet which is a very good app and the details of insurance are also updated in the same.

Tried to add my DL issued by RTA Uppal but did not succeed in M-Parivahan,  could upload the RC of both my vehicles however the first owner's name is being shown for my older car even though it was transferred on my name.

I din't find M-Parivahan as user friendly as M-Wallet.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, SRI420 said:

I din't find M-Parivahan as user friendly as M-Wallet.

Agree on it RTA m-wallet is much better. 

• Like 4

This will never work in our country.

Yesterday, Cop asked me for original license and fined 200/- 

Edited by RajG
  • Sad 3

I was stopped on the Solapur highway by the cops last weekend and was asked to show the original license and RC of my car.. I argued with him over the digital copies in my phone are accepted all over India... He says that in Solapur they don't accept such stuff :P  After quite a while of discussion, he let me go. Too much naatak for issuing fake challans and bribes :D 

• Like 1

I was stopped on the Solapur highway by the cops last weekend and was asked to show the original license and RC of my car.. I argued with him over the digital copies in my phone are accepted all over India... He says that in Solapur they don't accept such stuff   After quite a while of discussion, he let me go. Too much naatak for issuing fake challans and bribes  
I was stopped twice before Solapur, fortunately I carried all the originals, just lowered the window and showed him the packet including insurance document and told him in Marathi (I am very fluent in Marathi, being born n brought up n educated in Lonavala). He din't even touch the papers and waved me on.
  • Like 2

On 9/27/2018 at 12:47 PM, sagar said:

I was stopped on the Solapur highway by the cops last weekend and was asked to show the original license and RC of my car.. I argued with him over the digital copies in my phone are accepted all over India... He says that in Solapur they don't accept such stuff :P  After quite a while of discussion, he let me go. Too much naatak for issuing fake challans and bribes :D 

That is very common in Maharashtra especially near Solapur If they see any non Maharashtra vehicle they will find some or other excuse to fine yuu. Once They made an excuse to me that that the co-passengers are not wearing a seat belt! (Although i also wanted them to wear seat belt) but this cannot be an excuse for fine.

But now I am very thankful to that police as he made my job easy now everyone in my family wears set belt without any argument.

• Like 2

On 9/27/2018 at 11:14 AM, RajG said:

This will never work in our country.

Yesterday, Cop asked me for original license and fined 200/- 

Agree! There are so many such things Government initiates but system doesn't follow for their personal benefit.

• Like 2

On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 6:06 PM, SRI420 said:

I was stopped twice before Solapur, fortunately I carried all the originals, just lowered the window and showed him the packet including insurance document and told him in Marathi (I am very fluent in Marathi, being born n brought up n educated in Lonavala). He din't even touch the papers and waved me on. emoji4.pngemoji4.png

I guess, this is pretty common in almost all the states in India. Being pinned down for nothing if you don't belong to the native land. I have heard such similar incidents in our state from my non local friends who can't speak Telugu.. :( 

• Like 1