India-Drive
  • Welcome!

Welcome to India-Drive, Road trips and travel group. Please register to join us.

BORNDRIVER

HYDERABAD TO SHIRDI RECENT ROUTE CONDITION

1 hour ago, BORNDRIVER said:

Hope this will helps. 

How much time it took for your onward & return journeys

• Like 3

Dear Friends,

Finally the SHIRDI trip completed . Here is the details below.

1. SHIRDI TO HYDERABD ROUTE CONDITION

I took the route

SHIRDI-VAMBORI-MIRI-PATHARDI-BEED-OSMANABAD-TULJAPUR-NALDURG-OMERGA-HUMNABAD-ZAHEERABAD-HYDERABAD.

To my surprise this route was fantastic though little longer.

There were occasional patchy stretches but you will never complain .

This route is far far better than all other route (SOLAPUR-TEMBHURNI, BHOOM-JAMKHED routes).  

I started from Shirdi towards ahmednagar and after RAHOURI, I took a turn toward VAMBORI and crossed MIRI ,PATHRDI and join NH-52 .

The VAMBORI turn is exactly after SHANI SIGNAPUR TURN from SHIRDI-AHMEDNAGar road.

I actually took SHANI-SIGNAPUR turn but again made a U-TURN and took the VAMBORI turn.

The entire stretch from the place where I took turn towards VAMBORI from AHMEDNAGAR-SHIRDI road till NH-52 intersection is excellent road with occasional patchy stretches.Sometime they becomes little narrow but still no complain as there is no pot holes.

Though this route is little lonely but to my surprise roads were very very good. I would not suggest to take that route in night but in day time , absolutely no issue .

From NH52 intersection till TULJAPUR it is DRIVER PARADISE to drive .

I would bet that the entire stretch of NH-52 from SOLAPUR to AURANGABAD is going to be DRIVERS HEAVEN in 2 to 3 year time . This could be like another HYDERABAD- BANGALORE highway.

The 4 lane work is in full swing . I just drove in this stretch from  HIGHWAY from the intersection (where PATHARDI STATE HIGHWAY meet NH52 till TUJAPUR). 

While travelling to SHIRDI , I took TULJAPUR-OSMANABAD-BHOOM-JAMKHED-AHMEDNAGR route.

While returning I took the above route .The only difference between two route is the VAMBORI-PATHARDI-MIRI-BEED stretch. 

Kindly read my blog above with GOOGLE MAP reference.

I completely followed google map and at every intersection I used to ask LOCAL PEOPLE just to make sure I am in correct way.This really helped a lot .

The local people's information are much much better when it comes to road condition.

The  intersection where PATHARDI STATE HIGHWAY meet NH52 till BEED is single lane express highway.

It is very beautiful and scenic with no tolls yet.

From BEED to TULAPUR (I would say till SOLAPUR) it is pefect 4 lane express highway .

Occasionally the work is still going on in some stretches but that is understandable we are going to have this benefit in coming days.

From TULJAPUR to NALDURG the roads are again good with 3 to 4 km little patchy but no issue at all. For me PATCHY roads are ok but there should not be any potholes.
holes.From NALDURg till OMERGA it is as usual our PATHETIC NH65/NH9 mumbai highway and therafter it is again beautiful highway.However I feel this stretches keeps improving everyday where the completed good lanes are open for motorists. 

I started from SHIRDI at 12:00 PM and reaches in GACHHIBOWLI at 2 PM.

There was 3 hr break in-between for lunch,dinner and biological breaks.

I was little bit cautious while driving and never exceed 120km hr.M

y car (TOYOTA ETIOS SEDAN VD-SP model) was fully loaded with 5 adults and two kids.

So little bit extra cautious to avoid the touching the ground in patchy stretches.

I really admired this car which was way beyond my expectation .

Before starting of this trip,I was little bit worried that if my car will be able to carry this many peoples for such long distance along with luggage and that to also patchy and pothole roads.

My car fully passed this load test.

We took lunch on NH52 STRETCH ar SAI MAHARAJ (a road side dhaba) and DINNER at HOTEL SAI PRASAD (BETWEEN NALDURG and OMERGA).

So as a summary:

SHIRDI TO VAMBORI BYPASS : EXCELLENT
VAMBORI BYPASS-MIRI GOOD
MIRI TO PATHARDI : VERY GOOD
PATHARDI TO NH-52 :  EXCELLENT
NH-52 ALL THE WAY TO TULJAPUR : EXCELLENT
TULJAPUR TO NALDURG : VERY GOOD
NALDURG TO OMERGA : PATHETIC
OMERGA TO HYDERABAD : EXCELLENT

FINALLY PLEASE TAKE A LOOK AT THE PCITURES OF THIS RTEURN TRIP ....WHICH SELF EXPLAIN MY ABOVE BLOG....

2. HYDERABAD TO SHIRDI ROUTE CONDITION

I took

Hyderabad-Zaheerabad-Humnabad-Omerga-Naldurg-Tuljapur-Osmanabad-Yedashi-Bhoom-Jamkhed-Ahmednagar-Shirdi.

This road seems to be better than Solapur- Tembhurni .

When I say better it is not that good but manageable to drive with 60 to 80km/h 

Hyderabad to Omerga (before 20km to OMERGA) is excellent as usual .

Actually the toll road ends around 20km before OMERGA from where the pathetic roads starts.

However the pathetic roads keep improving everyday as I feel.

The route from OMERGA to NALDURG is really pathetic and especially at NALDURG FORT it is really horrible.

We did our breakfast at  DHAMI PUNJABI DHABA (around 30km before OMERGA).

Look at the picture. You can see my TOYOTA ETIOS CAR as well AP28DU5650. From NH-9/NH-65,  I took the TULJAPUR BYPASS and drove straight towward TULJA BHAVANI MAA TEMPLE .

The initial 2 to 3 km stretch from NH-65/NH-9 toward TULJAPUR is little patchy but there after the entire 30km strtech till temple was excellent.

We spent around 1 hr in temple and started towards OSMANABAD via NH52.

Just after crossing TULJAPUR you can see NH-52 (SOLAPUR to AUTRANGABAD).

This route is excellent and driver's heaven.

I corssed YEDASHI in this route and thereafter took the BHOOM-JAMKHED route .

Actually I missed this bypass and crossed around 20km more on the highway .

Then I stopped and ask some local and they suggest me not to go back and suggest to take another left turn which eventually touch the BHOOM-JAMKHED route .I followed that .

This route was ok with very bad patch (around 20km). Anyway no complain. Eventually I catch the BHOOM-JAMKHED route. I will say the BHOOM-JAMKHED ROUTE is below good but better than average or poor. This route gets bettter when we get nearer to Ahemednagear.

We took LUNCH at VITTAL KAMATH on NH52 before BHOOM bypass.Take a look at the pictures.

So SUMMARY IS :

HYDERABAD TO OMERGA (BEFORE 20KM) EXCELLENT
OMERGA TO NALDURG  : PATHETIC 
NALDURG TO TULJAPUR  :  VERY GOOD
TULJAPUR TO BHOOM BYPASS :  EXCELLENT
BHOOM BYPASS TO AHEMEDNAGAR :  AVERAGE
AHMEDNAGR TO SHIRDI :  EXCELLENT

I started from hydearad at 4:30 AM and reach SHIRDI at 8:15 PM with around 4 hr break (BREAKFAST,LUNCH, DARSHAN AT BHAVANI MAA TEMPLE & BIOLOGICAL BREAK).

I did not record the disctance in both the routes ..Actually forgot to record....Anyway I follow the google map route . I hope that the above notes and pictures will be helpful for all of you to decide the best route to shirdi. Please let me know if anyone need any other details.I will try my best to help.

SHIRDI-AHMEDNAGAR TO VAMBORI TURN.png

VAMBORI STRETCH-2.png

VAMBORI STRETCH-3.png

VAMBORI STRETCH-4.png

VAMBORI TO MIRI STRETCH-1.png

VAMBORI TO MIRI STRETCH-2.png

VAMBORI TO MIRI STRETCH-3.png

MIRI TO PATHARDI STRETCH-1.png

MIRI TO PATHARDI STRETCH-2.png

MIRI TO PATHARDI STRETCH-3.png

MIRI TO PATHARDI STRETCH-4.png

MIRI TO PATHARDI STRETCH-5.png

MIRI TO PATHARDI STRETCH-6.png

PATHARDI TO NH52 INTERSECTION-1.png

PATHARDI TO NH52 INTERSECTION-2.png

PATHARDI TO NH52 INTERSECTION-3.png

PATHARDI TO NH52 INTERSECTION-5.png

NH52 FROM TULJAPUR TOWARDS BEED & AURANGABAD STRETCH-2.png

NH52 FROM TULJAPUR TOWARDS BEED & AURANGABAD STRETCH-3.png

NH52 FROM TULJAPUR TOWARDS BEED & AURANGABAD STRETCH-4.png

NH52 FROM TULJAPUR TOWARDS BEED & AURANGABAD.png

NH52 STRETCH BEED TO TULJAPUR-1.png

NH52 STRETCH BEED TO TULJAPUR-2.png

NH52 STRETCH BEED TO TULJAPUR-3.png

NH52-1.png

NH52-2.png

NH52-3.png

NH52-4.png

NH52-5.png

HYDRRABAD TO OMERGA STRETCH-2.png

HYDRRABAD TO OMERGA STRETCH-2.png

HYDRRABAD TO OMERGA STRETCH-3.png

HYDRRABAD TO OMERGA STRETCH-4.png

OMERGA TO NALDURG STRETCH-1.png

OMERGA TO NALDURG STRETCH-2.png

OMERGA TO NALDURG STRETCH-3.png

TULJAPUR ROAD FROM NH-9-1.png

TULJAPUR ROAD FROM NH-9-2.png

NH52 FROM TULJAPUR TOWARDS BEED & AURANGABAD STRETCH-2.png

NH52 FROM TULJAPUR TOWARDS BEED & AURANGABAD STRETCH-3.png

NH52 FROM TULJAPUR TOWARDS BEED & AURANGABAD STRETCH-4.png

NH52 FROM TULJAPUR TOWARDS BEED & AURANGABAD.png

BHOOM-JAMKHED-ROAD-1.png

BHOOM-JAMKHED-ROAD-2.png

BHOOM-JAMKHED-ROAD-3.png

• Like 7

Great share @BORNDRIVER .. Really helps a lot for the people planning to take this route. Appreciate your effort towards posting this. :) 

Waiting for your South India travelogue .. :D

• Like 1

You shared good amount of details.

Information will be very helpful.

Will consider your tips during my next drive to Shiridi.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sagar said:

Great share @BORNDRIVER .. Really helps a lot for the people planning to take this route. Appreciate your effort towards posting this. :) 

Waiting for your South India travelogue .. :D

Thanks Sagar.

Shirdi is always one of the top tourist destination across India and Hyderabad is not an exception . Even this time when I was in Shirdi there were lots of car from AP and TS number in the SAI ASHRAM BHAKTINIWAS. As suggested by Ranger and all of our experiences,  the Hyderabad to Shirdi route is always confusing and always messed up. That is is only reason I took two different routes in this trip to see the road condition. I will be more than happy to help our fellow motorist friends to have their journey smooth to Shirdi....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, RajG said:

You shared good amount of details.

Information will be very helpful.

Will consider your tips during my next drive to Shiridi.

Thank you Raj...You are always welcome.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, BORNDRIVER said:

I will be more than happy to help our fellow motorist friends to have their journey smooth to Shirdi....

That's great spirit @BORNDRIVER. That's one reason why all of us are here for :) 

• Like 1

@BORNDRIVER How much time you took to travel From NH52 intersection till TULJAPUR? Any idea if the road is four lane till Aurangabad?

Edited by SPG
spelling mistake
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, SPG said:

@BORNDRIVER How much time you took to travel From NH52 intersection till TULJAPUR? Any idea if the road is four lane till Aurangabad?

Hello SPG,

It took around 3 hr for me to cover the stretch between NH52 intersection till TULJAPUR. I am not sure if this 4 lane work is completed till Auranagbad but towards TULJAPUR it is 80% completed . From NH52 intersection TULJAPUR is around 160 km and AURANGABAD is around 109 km. From the intersection when I took a turn towards BEED , I saw the 4 lane extends towards AURANGABAD  but not sure till what point it extends.

However as I see this NH52 extends towards Indore via DHULE , I feel the stretch till AURANGABAD might be completed .If not there might be occasional 4 lane work in stretches. During my HYDERABAD-OMKARESWAR-MAHAKALESWAR (UJJAIN)-SHIRDI-HYDERABAD trip I had driven in this NH-52 stretch from INDORE to DHULE . The entire stretch is like HYDERBAD-BANAGLORE NH44.So I feel the NH52 stretch between the intersection point and AURANGABAD must be in good shape. Truly speaking if this stretch is in good condition than for SHIRDI , HYDERABAD-ZAHEERABAD-HUMNABAD-OMERGA-NALDURG-TULJAPUR-OSMANABAD-BEED-AURNAGABAD-SHIRDI will be the best route though it is little longer (644km as per google map).  It will be far better than taking SOLAPUR-TEMBHURNI or BHOOM-JAMKHED route . I never mind to drive extra km if the road is good.The stretch between AURANGABAD to SHIRDI is not that bad. I have done this stretch many times as earlier I used to take SHIRDI-AURNAGABAD-JALNA-JINTUR-NANDED-NIZAMABAD-HYDERABAD route.

During my next Shirdi trip I will take  HYDERABAD-ZAHEERABAD-HUMNABAD-OMERGA-NALDURG-TULJAPUR-OSMANABAD-BEED-AURNAGABAD-SHIRDI to see the road condition between that intersection and AURANGABAD. There is another SHIRDI trip on the card in coming 1 to 2 months.....

Edited by BORNDRIVER
SPELLING MISTAKE
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, BORNDRIVER said:

Hello SPG,

It took around 3 hr for me to cover the stretch between NH52 intersection till TULJAPUR. I am not sure if this 4 lane work is completed till Auranagbad but

During my next Shirdi trip I will take  HYDERABAD-ZAHEERABAD-HUMNABAD-OMERGA-NALDURG-TULJAPUR-OSMANABAD-BEED-AURNAGABAD-SHIRDI to see the road condition between that intersection and AURANGABAD. There is another SHIRDI trip on the card in coming 1 to 2 months.....

Thanks for the update, that was exactly the point if it is four lane till Aurangabad we can go to Shirdi via Aurangadbad provided Aurangabad- Shirdi road is in very good condition. Indore to Dhule is NH3 (Now renamed as AH47) & not NH52 It starts from Mumbai & goes till Agra, It is four lane butter smooth road from Mumbai to Indore(Mumabi-Nashik-Malegaon-Dhule-Shirpur-Sendhwa-Dharampuri-Mhow-Indore).

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, SPG said:

Thanks for the update, that was exactly the point if it is four lane till Aurangabad we can go to Shirdi via Aurangadbad provided Aurangabad- Shirdi road is in very good condition. Indore to Dhule is NH3 (Now renamed as AH47) & not NH52 It starts from Mumbai & goes till Agra, It is four lane butter smooth road from Mumbai to Indore(Mumabi-Nashik-Malegaon-Dhule-Shirpur-Sendhwa-Dharampuri-Mhow-Indore).

In google map I still see both AH47 and 52 on on the same road. Anyway whatever is the NH number, the road from INDORE to DHULE is FANTASTIC 4 LANE all the way.

When we took NH52 from TULJAPUR to OSMANABAD & BEED , SOLAPUR was exactly around 40km on the opposite direction from that intersection with 4 lane.  So I guess this NH52 should be excellent till SOLAPUR. The only thing we now need to explore is that 110 km stretch till Aurangabad. From Aurangabad to Shirdi the roads are not that bad (NAGPUR-MUMBAI highway). I had done this stretch 3 times around  2 year back . Not sure if this has deteriorated/improved more in last two year. 

• Like 1

On 8/2/2018 at 4:17 PM, BORNDRIVER said:

Thank you Karthik  Done ..

I will take HYDERABAD-ZAHEERABAD-HUMNABAD-OMERGA-LOHARA-BEMBLI-OSMANABAD-YEDASHI-BHOOM-AHEMED NAGAR-SHIRDI. I guess this the route taken by your father correct?

While return also will take this route. I will update the road condition once I return Hyderabad.

Why you took Omerga-Naldurg-Tulja Bhavani-Osmanabad? As Ranger suggested in previous posts, Why you didn't take Omerga-Lohara-Bembli to Osmanabad? Any particular reason?

I am planning Hyderabad to Shirdi this weekend and I want to follow the exact route you mentioned...Hyderabad-Omerga-Osmanabad-Beed-Pathargi-Mire-Shirdi. Any new updates on the condition of roads especially after recent rains?

Thanks in advance

• Like 1

On 8/31/2018 at 12:29 PM, BORNDRIVER said:

In google map I still see both AH47 and 52 on on the same road. Anyway whatever is the NH number, the road from INDORE to DHULE is FANTASTIC 4 LANE all the way.

When we took NH52 from TULJAPUR to OSMANABAD & BEED , SOLAPUR was exactly around 40km on the opposite direction from that intersection with 4 lane.  So I guess this NH52 should be excellent till SOLAPUR. The only thing we now need to explore is that 110 km stretch till Aurangabad. From Aurangabad to Shirdi the roads are not that bad (NAGPUR-MUMBAI highway). I had done this stretch 3 times around  2 year back . Not sure if this has deteriorated/improved more in last two year. 

Solapur to Thuljapur road is butter smooth 4 lane expressway. I did this route a few months back

Edited by drsantoshms
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, drsantoshms said:

Why you took Omerga-Naldurg-Tulja Bhavani-Osmanabad? As Ranger suggested in previous posts, Why you didn't take Omerga-Lohara-Bembli to Osmanabad? Any particular reason?

I am planning Hyderabad to Shirdi this weekend and I want to follow the exact route you mentioned...Hyderabad-Omerga-Osmanabad-Beed-Pathargi-Mire-Shirdi. Any new updates on the condition of roads especially after recent rains?

Thanks in advance

Hello Drsantoshms,

Yes correct I was supposed to take that Lohara route but changed the plan in the last moment based on an impression that the NH65 could have been improved. Yes it has been improved but still below average and especially near Naldurg fort horrible.Also I was little bit doubtful about Omerga-Lohara-Bembli route (I heared the route is narrow and very lonely @ Sorry Ranger) and Naldurg-Tuljapur-Beed Bypass was good.So did not  mind to follow that rough stretch between Omerga and Naldurg. Anyway you may please go ahead and take LOHARA route and kindly capture couple of picture of that LOHARA stretch...to see how the road Condition is.I dont think the MIRI-PATHARDI-MIRI-VAMBORI stretch has been deteriorated in one month as my trip was last month only (hardly 4 week).You please go ahead with Hyderabad-Zaheerabad-Humnabad-Omerga- Lohara-Bembli-Osmanabad-Beed-Pathardi-Miri-Vambori-Anmednagar- Shirdi.

50 minutes ago, BORNDRIVER said:

You please go ahead with Hyderabad-Zaheerabad-Humnabad-Omerga- Lohara-Bembli-Osmanabad-Beed-Pathardi-Miri-Vambori-Anmednagar- Shirdi.

@drsantoshmsFor the benefit of other members if possible please note down the time taken for every section.

Hyderabad to Omerga,

Omerga to Osmanabad, 

Osmanabad to Pathardi  left turn(NH-52 Intersection),

NH-52 Intersection - Rahuri,

Rahuri-Shirdi.

Edited by SPG
Marked

5 hours ago, drsantoshms said:

Solapur to Thuljapur road is butter smooth 4 lane expressway. I did this route a few months back

Thank you for the information . So it is clear that the NH52  is excellent from SOLAPUR till PATHARDI diversion. So now we need to explore  the remaining stretch (110km) on NH52 till Aurangabad. If that is good that we can follow HYDERABAD-ZAHEERABAD-HUMNABAD-OMERGA-NALDURG-TULJAPUR-OSMANABAD-BEED-AURANGABAD-SHIRDI  Or HYDERABAD-ZAHEERABAD-HUMNABAD-OMERGA-LOHARA-BEMBLI-OSMANABAD-BEED-AURANGABAD-SHIRDI. The AURANGABAD to SHIRDI stretch should be good. I did this stretch two years back . Not sure if it has been deteriorated in last 2 year.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Mobile App downloads