India-Drive
  • Welcome!

Welcome to India-Drive, Road trips and travel group. Please register to join us.

BORNDRIVER

HYDERABAD TO SHIRDI RECENT ROUTE CONDITION

Dear Friends ,

I just newly joined this forum and glad to see so many feedbacks on different routes.

I also drive a lot especially long drives and would like to contribute in this forum for benifit of other friends. 

I am fond of long drives and in last 5 years did almost 20 times from Hyderabad to Bangalore, also Mumbai and Chennai.

I have done a complete south india trip covering MADURAI,RAMESWARAM,KANYAKUMARI and back to Hyderabad. Recently in SEP-2017,  I did HYDERABAD-OMKARESWAR-UJJAIN (MAHAKALESWAR)-SHIRDI-HYDERABAD.

There are hundreds of other smaller trips around HYDERABAD city (HYD). So I think I can do some  useful contribution to this forum.

I am planning for a  trip from Hyderabad to Shirdi next week.

I usually travel to Shirdi once/twice a year and every time I take the route following route.

HYDERABAD-ZAHEERABAD-HUMNABAD-OMERGA-SOLAPUT-TEMBHURNI-AHEMEDNAGAR-SHIRDI

While return I take the following route

SHIRDI-AURANGABAD-JALNA-JINTUR-NANDED-NIZAMABAD-HYDERABAD

However during my recent trip to OMKARESWAR from HYDERABAD , I found that the route after NIZAMABAD has deteriorated a lot and in very bad shape. So this time I will surely not take this route . 

From some of the post I see the alternate route is 

HYDERABAD-ZAHEERABAD-HUMNABAD-OMERGA-NALDURG-OSMANABAD-YEDASHI-BHOOM-AHEMED NAGAR-SHIRDI.

So I need your suggestion if I take 

HYDERABAD-ZAHEERABAD-HUMNABAD-OMERGA-SOLAPUR-TEMBHURNI-AHEMEDNAGAR-SHIRDI or 

HYDERABAD-ZAHEERABAD-HUMNABAD-OMERGA-NALDURG-OSMANABAD-YEDASHI-BHOOM-AHEMED NAGAR-SHIRDI.

I know the route till HYDERABAD to OMERGA is excellent .

From OMERGA till SOLAPUR is patchy (old mumbai highway) .

From SOLAPUR to Tembhurni it is again 4 lane excellent highway .

However from Tembhurni to Ahemednagar it was below average and Ahemednagar to Shirdi it was above average.

I am talking this road condition as per my trip during SEP-2017 (OMKARESWAR TRIP). Does this route condition especially TEMBHURNI to AHEMEDNAGAR improves ?

How about the road condition from NALDURG-OSMANABAD-YEDASHI-BHOOM ?

Regards

Satya

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

9 hours ago, BORNDRIVER said:

I also drive a lot especially long drives and would like to contribute in this forum for benifit of other friends. 

Welcome on board borndriver.

Great to have you here.

I am sure your contribution will help lot of first timers. 

Regarding drive from Hyderabad to Shiridi.

Avoid Nizamabad route at any cost, this route is in bad shape.

Since the road work is completed on Zaheerabad, Hyderabad to Omerga is going to be cake walk.

HYDERABAD-ZAHEERABAD-HUMNABAD-OMERGA-SOLAPUR-TEMBHURNI-AHEMEDNAGAR-SHIRDI

Previously above route used to be the best one.

Now, most of our members are preferring Osmanabad over Solapur route.

Reason? it is shorter and faster.

• Like 4

Thank you Ranger. All set for travel. Sai Ashram Bhaktiniwas is booked. I am travelling this Saturday (4th August).

This time I am planning to go via Osmanabad.

I will try to capture some pics of the routes and upload them after returning back.

Yes Solapur- Tembhurni route is bit longer but I never mind to drive extra km if the road is good........😀

I should go to Osmanabad via Naldurg-Tuljapur or directly after Omerga,

I can drive to Osmanabad by passing Naldurg ?

I probably we can go via Tulhapur to Osmanabad by doing Darshan in Tulja Bhabani Maa Temple if the road via Tulhapur is decent.

From Osmanabad I should go via Yedashi and Bhoom or there is any other alternative route ?

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, BORNDRIVER said:

I will try to capture some pics of the routes and upload them after returning back.

Great it will be very helpful.

15 minutes ago, BORNDRIVER said:

bit longer but I never mind to drive extra km if the road is good

Agree with you, even i don't mind driving an extra mile for a better road.

But in this case all roads are equally bad.

So choosing faster and shorter option is a better option. 

17 minutes ago, BORNDRIVER said:

directly after Omerga,

17 minutes ago, BORNDRIVER said:

Yedashi and Bhoom

These are better options!

There are multiple options and make the route very confusing.

If you are using Google maps, make sure you mark each and every town and pass through them.

A wrong turn can reroute and increase the drive time a lot.

Hyderabad to Goa and Shridi are always a mess, there are no better options available for these routes. 

• Like 4

Thanks Ranger.....Lets see how it goes ...I have Map my India GPS....Not sure if it will take the route as we discussed....I prefer to stop and ask people before proceeding on Omerga to Bhoom. I guess there could good sign boards as well.

• Like 4

All routes via Zaheerabad are above average.

Also don't take Nizamabad route.

My father recently done it via Osmanabad. He said road is much better compared to Nizamabad route.

On the return journey he took Nizamabad route, as he planned a stop over at relatives place.

He informed me road via Nizamabad is very horrible and due to which he felt fatigue. 

All the best and drive safe. 

• Like 3

Thank you Karthik  Done ..

I will take HYDERABAD-ZAHEERABAD-HUMNABAD-OMERGA-LOHARA-BEMBLI-OSMANABAD-YEDASHI-BHOOM-AHEMED NAGAR-SHIRDI. I guess this the route taken by your father correct?

While return also will take this route. I will update the road condition once I return Hyderabad.

• Like 3

Please do update the post when you are done with the trip.
Me and my wife are planning for it in the next quarter. 

Also if you can find any decent hotels let me know.(food breaks)

Thanks in advance. 😀

• Like 2

Dear Friends ,

Apart from HYDERABAD-ZAHEERABAD-HUMNABAD-OMERGA-LOHARA-BEMBLI-OSMANABAD-YEDASHI-BHOOM-AHEMED NAGAR-SHIRDI route , there is another route HYDERABAD-ZAHEERABAD-HUMNABAD-OMERGA-LOHARA-BEMBLI-OSMANABAD-BEED-PATHARDI-SHIRDI...This route also by-passes the AHEMEDNAGAR and take directly the stretch between Ahemednagar & Shirdi. Any idea how this route is (OSMANABAD-BEED-PATHARDI-SHIRDI) ?

In google map the solapur tembhurni route shows 600 km, the OSMANABAD-BHOOM route shows 564 & OSMANABAD-BEED route shows 612 km. So there is not much difference among them.  

Any idea friends if OSMANABAD-BEED route is better or OSMANABAD-BHOOM route is better ?

• Like 2

Friends,

I reached Shirdi safely.

As discussed earlier i took

Hyderabad-Zaheerabad-Humnabad-Omerga-Naldurg-Tuljapur-Osmanabad-Yedashi-Bhoom-Jamkhed-Ahmednagar-Shirdi.

This road seems to be better than Solapur- Tembhurni .

When I say better it is not that good but manageable to drive with 60 to 80km/hr.

I have captured pictures of all the roads with the restaurant where we did breakfast and lunch.

I will update in detail once I return Hyderabad.

In return I am planning to take Shirdi-Beed-Osmanabad-Tuljapur-Omerga route. 

Friends, the route from  Tulhapur bypasd till Tuljabhabani Temple is excellent and very scenic.

Tulja Bhabani Temple to Bhoom Bypass is excellent 4 lane express highway with occasional single lane for work.

I think this 4lane stretch extend till Beed. So I am planning to take Beed stretch on return. I will ask some local driver in Shirdi before taking this way. 

Stay tuned for my update on return journey with pics.😀😉

• Like 4

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 1:18 AM, BORNDRIVER said:

I have done a complete south india trip covering MADURAI,RAMESWARAM,KANYAKUMARI and back to Hyderabad. Recently in SEP-2017,  I did HYDERABAD-OMKARESWAR-UJJAIN (MAHAKALESWAR)-SHIRDI-HYDERABAD.

Welcome onboard, @BORNDRIVER. Great to see you land on this forum. We would love to hear more about your past drives too :) Especially your South India road trip that you have mentioned about. Looking forward to see your post on it :) 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, sagar said:

Welcome onboard, [mention=1446]BORNDRIVER[/mention]. Great to see you land on this forum. We would to hear more about your past drives too  Especially your South India road trip that you have mentioned about. Looking forward to see your post on it  

Hey my plan is to cover the Tamilnadu trip like this ---. But don't know when...may be next year as it needs 6 - 7 days..

Hyderabad - Trichy - Tanjavur - Kumbakonam - chidambaram - Tiruvanmalai - Puducherry - Vellor - kanchipuram and near by places -- Hyderabad

When you get time give some details for reference.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, BORNDRIVER said:

Stay tuned for my update on return journey with pics

Thank you for the latest update.

Waiting for pictures.

• Like 2

On 8/5/2018 at 12:39 PM, BORNDRIVER said:

Friends,

I reached Shirdi safely.

As discussed earlier i took

Hyderabad-Zaheerabad-Humnabad-Omerga-Naldurg-Tuljapur-Osmanabad-Yedashi-Bhoom-Jamkhed-Ahmednagar-Shirdi.

Thanks for the Update.

Please provide details on time taken for each leg Hyderabad to Omerga, Omerga to Bhoom, Bhoom to Nagar, Nagar to Shirdi along with brake time if any. This will be helpful.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, sahil said:

Hey my plan is to cover the Tamilnadu trip like this ---. But don't know when...may be next year as it needs 6 - 7 days..

Hyderabad - Trichy - Tanjavur - Kumbakonam - chidambaram - Tiruvanmalai - Puducherry - Vellor - kanchipuram and near by places -- Hyderabad

When you get time give some details for reference.

Hey @sahil, I think you should cover up pichavaram mangroves and also the  pamban bridge alongside rameshwaram & danushkodi if in case you are planning to do that stretch

• Like 2

Hey [mention=1121]sahil[/mention], I think you should cover up pichavaram mangroves and also the  pamban bridge alongside rameshwaram & danushkodi if in case you are planning to do that stretch
Pichavaram mangroves is in my list.
I have already been to Rameswaram, danushkodi...these 2 are must visit places..
I never forget the 4wheel zeep drive to danushkodi...you can see both bay of Bengal and Indian ocean..on either side of road..
  • Like 3

Pichavaram mangroves is in my list.
I have already been to Rameswaram, danushkodi...these 2 are must visit places..
I never forget the 4wheel zeep drive to danushkodi...you can see both bay of Bengal and Indian ocean..on either side of road..
Thank you for the suggestions. Please keep sharing..
  • Like 3

Dear Friends,

I returned to Hyderabad and while returning I took the route

SHIRDI-VAMBORI-MIRI-PATHARDI-BEED-OSMANABAD-TULJAPUR-NALDURG-OMERGA-HUMNABAD-ZAHEERABAD-HYDERABAD.

To my surprise this route was fantastic though little longer.

There were occasional patchy stretches but you will never complain .

This route is far far better than all other routes (SOLAPUR-TEMBHURNI, BHOOM-JAMKHED routes). 

I started from Shirdi towards Ahmednagar and after RAHOURI,

I took a turn toward VAMBORI and crossed MIRI ,PATHRDI and joined NH-52.

The VAMBORI turn is exactly after SHANI SIGNAPUR TURN from SHIRDI-AHMEDNAGar road.

I actually took SHANI-SIGNAPUR turn but again made a U-TURN and took the VAMBORI turn.

The entire stretch from the place where I took turn towards VAMBORI from AHMEDNAGAR-SHIRDI road till NH-52 intersection is excellent road with occasional patchy stretches.

Sometimes they becomes little narrow but still no complain as there are no pot holes.

Though this route is little lonely but to my surprise roads were very good.

I would not suggest to take that route in night but in day time , absolutely no issue .

From NH52 intersection till TULJAPUR it is DRIVER PARADISE to drive.

I would bet that the entire stretch of NH-52 from SOLAPUR to AURANGABAD is going to be DRIVERS HEAVEN in 2 to 3 years of time.

This could be like another HYDERABAD-BANGALORE highway.

The 4 lane work is in full swing.

I just drove in this stretch from  HIGHWAY from the intersection (where PATHARDI STATE HIGHWAY meet NH52 till TUJAPUR). 

While travelling to SHIRDI , I took TULJAPUR-OSMANABAD-BHOOM-JAMKHED-AHMEDNAGR route.

While returning I took the above route .The only difference between two route is the VALBORI-PATHARDI-MIRI-BEED stretch. 

Kindly read my blog above with GOOGLE MAP reference.

I completely followed google map and at every intersection.

I used to ask LOCAL PEOPLE just to make sure I am in correct way.

This really helped a lot .The local people's information are much much better when it comes to road condition.

The  intersection where PATHARDI STATE HIGHWAY meet NH52 till BEED is single lane express highway.

It is very beautiful and scenic with no tolls yet.....From BEED to TULAPUR (I would say till SOLAPUR) it is pefect 4 lane express highway .

Occasionally the work is still going on in some stretches but that is understandable, we are going to have this benefit in coming days.

From TULJAPUR to NALDURG the roads are again good with 3 to 4 km little patchy but no issue at all.

For me PATCHY roads are ok but there should not be any pot holes.

From NALDURg till OMERGA it is as usual our PATHETIC NH65/NH9 mumbai highway and thereafter it is again beautiful highway.

However I feel this stretches keeps improving everyday where the completed good lanes are open for motorists. 

I will upload the pictures of both routes  HYDERABAD TO SHIRDI (BHOOM-JAMKHED) and SHIRDI TO HYDERABAD (PATHARDI-BEED).

Hope this will helps. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, BORNDRIVER said:

Hope this will helps. 

Thank a lot for update.

How would you rate following sections?

(Excellent, Good, Bad)

Hyderabad to Omerga : Excellent

Omerga to Osmanabad :?

Osmanabad to Ahmednagar :?

Ahmednagar ot Shiridi :?

• Like 2

Hello Ranger,

I will put the details with pictures which will self explain everything . I am in the process of tagging the photos without which no once can understand the meaning of those pictures.... I will do that by today .....

• Like 2

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Mobile App downloads