India-Drive
  • Welcome!

Welcome to India-Drive, Road trips and travel group. Please register to join us.

Sign in to follow this  
sahil

August 15th long weekend drive from Hyderabad

Question

I would like to drive during Aug 15th week with family and kids.

I can drive around 2000km to and fro.

Trip is around 5 to 6 days.

Few in my mind like

- Hyderabad - Araku - Srikakulam - Kakinada - Yanam - dindi - Nagayalanka Hyderabad

Via Bhadrachalam, Maredumilli, Lambasingi, paduru, Araku, vizag, Bheemili, konaseema, Narsapur

Hyderabad - Mahabaleshwar - Mumbai - Pune - Hyderabad

Hyderabad - Srisailam - Bairluty - Ongole - Sriharikota - Tirupati - Horsely hills - Gandikota - Hyderabad

Hyderabad - Bengaluru -Mysuru - Ooty - Kodaikanal - Madurai - Trichy - Tanjavur - Pondicherry - Tiruvannamalai - Kanchi - Vellor - Tirupati - Horsely hills - Hyderabad

Appreciate if you can suggest any more best places to drive.

• Like 5

On 7/27/2018 at 12:26 PM, sahil said:

I need to decide where to travel after Mahabaleswar - is it Konkan - Goa or somewhere else to Lonavala - Mumbai side....!!!!

I'm welcome for more suggestions about places to visit and hotel stay...

Thank you for checking..

Hi @sahil since you are sticking to the western ghats, I would recommend to stay around the places between Lonavla and mumbai... You need to check out ganapathipule. Goa is a little off season and you will miss the vibes of what goa is known for :) 

• Like 3

@ranger I have postponed my trip to Sep/Oct..due to 2 reasons..
- got only 5 days including travel dates. Hence thought it's too hectic to cover the places
- my friend from Pune suggested me to travel in the months of September/Oct. At present many view points/places in mahabaleswar is not accessible or closed due to continuous rains. Valley of flowers is not that great now, and it is super good during September/Oct months..

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sahil said:

Hyderabad - Araku - Srikakulam - Kakinada - Yanam - dindi - Nagayalanka Hyderabad

Via Bhadrachalam, Maredumilli, Lambasingi, paduru, Araku, vizag, Bheemili, konaseema, Narsapur

This is a good option but six days is too long for this drive.

7 minutes ago, sahil said:

Mahabaleshwar will be fantastic during monsoon.

Only major problem is with the view points, most of them are completely filled with clouds. 

8 minutes ago, sahil said:

Hyderabad - Srisailam - Bairluty - Ongole - Sriharikota - Tirupati - Horsely hills - Gabdikota - Hyderabad

Hyderabad - Bengaluru -Mysuru - Ooty - Kodaikanal - Madurai - Trichy - Tanjavur - Pondicherry - Tiruvannamalai - Kanchi - Vellor - Tirupati - Horsely hills - Hyderabad

Avoid these places, usually they are over crowded during long weekends. 

My suggestion:(Chikmagalur)

https://www.india-drive.com/index.php?/topic/505-hyderabad-to-chikamagalur-road-trip/

• Like 5

I have been to Coorg on last year Aug 15th and to Udupi and Gokarna on Dec last week.
So trying to see any other places..

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, sahil said:

I would definitely recommend this including Panchgani and a lot more in and around the Mahabaleshwar. This would be perfect to explore. Which car would you be driving btw, ?

Do check out the link below for a detailed log. I don't think it would be filled with fog as such coz it happens very untimely and pretty unpredictable but, it's going to be a monsoon fun drive.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, sagar said:

I would definitely recommend this including Panchgani and a lot more in and around the Mahabaleshwar. This would be perfect to explore. Which car would you be driving btw, ?

Do check out the link below for a detailed log. I don't think it would be filled with fog as such coz it happens very untimely and pretty unpredictable but, it's going to be a monsoon fun drive.

Creta petrol Star dust.

I drove this car with family to Coorg, Udupi, Gokarna last year...each time covered 2000km

It would be really fun if there is any drive meet-up to western ghats in next 2 months...

• Like 4

1 hour ago, sahil said:

Creta petrol Star dust.

Creta can easily do this.. no need to worry about the roads.

1 hour ago, sahil said:

It would be really fun if there is any drive meet-up to western ghats in next 2 months...

We shall surely plan a drive in the next 2 months to the western ghats. And we are expecting you along this time :) 

• Like 5

Hi @sahil, I am planning my drive to Ladhak during this holiday. I have already got my leaves confirmed and my plan is on. Any tips you guys would suggest, all are welcome :) 

And amongst the options that you proposed, I would suggest the Mahabaleshwar and Panchgani drive for you during this season as it best to my knowledge.

• Like 5

Hi [mention=1121]sahil[/mention], I am planning my drive to Ladhak during this holiday. I have already got my leaves confirmed and my plan is on. Any tips you guys would suggest, all are welcome  

And amongst the options that you proposed, I would suggest the Mahabaleshwar and Panchgani drive for you during this season as it best to my knowledge.
Thank you.
Sure. Most of them suggesting Mahabaleshwar. I will keep it in my top of list.
  • Like 3

On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 8:31 PM, sahil said:

How about waynad and Munnar - Neelakurinji?

https://www.keralatourism.org/destination/neelakurinji-munnar/366

Munnar and Wayanad are good options too. When you are travelling to Kerala, your stay at some exotic resort in the forest matters the most.. :) And Neelakurinji needs a trek to reach the valley of flowers. Plan accordingly

• Like 3

Munnar and Wayanad are good options too. When you are travelling to Kerala, your stay at some exotic resort in the forest matters the most..  And Neelakurinji needs a trek to reach the valley of flowers. Plan accordingly
Thank you for the info...
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, sahil said:

Got one more route suggestion from a friend
Hyderabad - Mahabaleshwar - via Konkan route(Mumbai - Goa) reach Goa - Dandeli - Bijapur - Hyderabad
Close to 2000KM

Visit beaches and some places on Konkan route.

Actually 5 to 6 days as per your plan will be too tight to plan too many places in Kerala or Konkan. You will end up driving throughout the day rather than relaxing at any one place. My suggestion is to stick to 2 or 3 places if you are ending up with Kerala.

• Like 2

With kids trek is impossible if it's more than 4, 5 kms.
  • Like 2

Actually 5 to 6 days as per your plan will be too tight to plan too many places in Kerala or Konkan. You will end up driving throughout the day rather than relaxing at any one place. My suggestion is to stick to 2 or 3 places if you are ending up with Kerala.
Agree. For Konkan , 8 nights including driving on day time would be ideal.
Mahabakeswar - 2 nights
Konkan - 1 night
Goa - 3 nights
Dandeli - 2 nights.

Kerala has many places to visit. Need to plan..
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, sahil said:
6 minutes ago, sahil said:

With kids trek is impossible if it's more than 4, 5 kms.

Yes, It is not possible for even 2 kms when it's mountains :) 

Check out the link below which your friend had mentioned about. We followed this plan and it was still too tight for us for 8 days.

• Like 3

Check out this link below for a decent plan to cover a part of Kerala in 7 days. Hope this would help you plan accordingly. :)

• Like 3

On 7/14/2018 at 8:31 PM, sahil said:

How about waynad and Munnar - Neelakurinji?

Munnar is an excellent option.
It is perfect getaway during monsoon. 

Less crowd compared to December time.

It will take around two days from Hyderabad to Munnar.

But the place is worth a visit.

Lot of view points and sight seeing places.

Wayanad is more like book a resort and chill.

Place is famous for resorts.

Places are strictly average, during monsoon and winter it is somewhat better. 

• Like 4

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Mobile App downloads