India-Drive
  • Welcome!

Welcome to India-Drive, Road trips and travel group. Please register to join us.

Sign in to follow this  
ujwal

Hyderabad to Gokarna and Jog falls, Karnataka.

22 hours ago, Ranger said:

I think it is one of the tallest waterfalls in the country.

But still 1400 steps, going down is easy, but coming up¬†ūüėĶ

Very True, While going down to the foot hills, we had a race who would reach first from the top. and we saved our energy well since it was the first event and place of that day after we woke up. And while coming back.. we motivated ourselves to put up a race to climb the stairs up hill, but the motivation was not sufficient enough for us and we gave up and took our own sweet time by the time we reached the start point.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, ksa171983 said:

relax over the night and then come back up next day :P .. then it will be fun spending entire night at the water falls..

haha.. That is not possible sir, no one are allowed to camp there as it's a commercial tourist site. But, I really wish we had an option on something like that :D 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Pralay said:

Hey Ujwal, congratulation for completing such an wonderful trip. I am sure the trip was full of fun. Pictures were really nice. Btw, who took that photo where you guys are sitting on the rock near the falls? Slef-timer? How did you manage climb the rock to go to your place within few seconds?ūüė≤.¬†

Instead of Shimoga, you guys should have covered Murudeshwar if not Maravante. NAy special reason to go to Shimoga apart from temple? All in all enjoyed reading the post, thanks for sharing!

Hi @Pralay, It's always fun to share my trip experience with fellow members. Thank you.  Two of my friends have not joined us to reach the rock under the falls as it was a risky affair. So, they have handled the camera while we had gone there :D It was great fun, We almost felt that our heads are gonna fall in to our hands while the water falls was hitting hard on us that moment. After all, they are falling from a great height. :P 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, ujwal said:

And moreover, we already have our Murudeshwar plan lined up for the scuba diving late this year.

There's Scuba diving in Murudeshwar ? Could you throw some more light on this ? Can help the interested members :) 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ujwal said:

And moreover, we already have our Murudeshwar plan lined up for the scuba diving late this year.

I guess, for scuba its better to consider Andamans or Lakshadweep. The experience will be far better than Murudeshwar. we did scuba in Andamans, it was out of the world experience. Forget scuba, simple snorkeling will leave you speechless in Neil island. Do visit that part of the country before some dangerous creatures like Humans destroy it.  

• Like 5

2 hours ago, sagar said:

There's Scuba diving in Murudeshwar ? Could you throw some more light on this ? Can help the interested members :) 

Yes, there is scuba which starts from Murudeshwar and you will be taken to an island called Nethrani island by boat which is 2 hours away from Murudeshwar. :)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Pralay said:

I guess, for scuba its better to consider Andamans or Lakshadweep. The experience will be far better than Murudeshwar. we did scuba in Andamans, it was out of the world experience. Forget scuba, simple snorkeling will leave you speechless in Neil island. Do visit that part of the country before some dangerous creatures like Humans destroy it.  

Undoubtedly Andaman part of our country inherits the best scuba diving course over there. I wanted to do my PADI course over there for a week. Before doing that, I would like to experience this considering the budget and time taken for this. :) 

The package that we booked over there will include the list below for just 5000 INR.
  • Murudeshwar to Netrani (Boat) SCUBA Diving (one Tank - Lasts 30 minutes)
  • Snorkeling (2- 3 hrs)
  • Boat ride from Murudeshwar to Netrani Island (75 - 90 minutes boat ride)
  • Equipment rental, Boat charges, Netrani Dive Permit, Instructions and guided dives with a dive professional
  • Complimentary 5 photos (If more than 5 photos and videos to be included, Rs.300 pp extra)

Btw, Could you please share your Andaman expenses @Pralay orels, a travel story on Andaman would help me even more. TIA :) 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, ujwal said:

Btw, Could you please share your Andaman expenses @Pralay orels, a travel story on Andaman would help me even more. TIA :) 

Yes @Pralay, Would love to see your Andaman's story here like your Leh's log. Absolutely brilliant work on that. :) 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, ujwal said:

The package that we booked over there will include the list below for just 5000 INR.

That's nice & really pocket friendly. Nice information, thanks for sharing.

6 minutes ago, ujwal said:

Could you pleaÔĽŅse share your Andaman expenÔĽŅsesÔĽŅ

We visited during 2014 February, IIRC the rate was 5K for two of us. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, sagar said:

Yes @Pralay, Would love to see your Andaman's story here like your Leh's log. Absolutely brilliant work on that. :)

Hey @sagar, thanks a ton for your appreciation. Andaman I have visited long, long back¬†near about 5 years ago. Will try to pen down our faded golden memoriesūüėä

Problem is I have six days week!!ūüė•

Hey @ujwal, can you please share some good places in Shimoga except Jog? 

• Like 3

On ‚Äé7‚Äé/‚Äé6‚Äé/‚Äé2018 at 8:02 PM, Pralay said:

Hey @ujwal, can you please share some good places in Shimoga except Jog? 

Hey @Pralay, I haven't explored much in shimoga but I can sugest you a few places around Shimoga like Agumbe and Kodachari are 2 beautiful places in it's surroundings. Also, I guess Lingana dam.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi @ujwal, Lovely thread.. I am planning to this place for the August 15th long weekend. Would it be the right time and any idea about how the flow would be at Jog falls..? 

Any other inputs are welcome :) 

Thanks in advance.

• Like 3

Hi @ullas, as per the recent update from a friend of mine who recently did his trip to jog falls last week, this is the flow of water. It is pretty much more due to the rains.. and I hope, During your visit in August, the flow will increase even more due post monsoon..

DC7F8DB9-4CB8-4C2C-873B-8ECF939542FC.jpeg

• Like 5

On 7/6/2018 at 8:25 AM, ujwal said:

Yeah we could have done that but didn't have an idea on the status of the road condition while our travel. And moreover, we already have our Murudeshwar plan lined up for the scuba diving late this year. So, decided to skip it and save our energy for Jog falls. We had almost spent about 4 to 5 hours at the Jog falls. :) 

How were the road conditions on the ShimogÔĽŅa - Chitradurga - Anantapur stretch. Planning a trip to Chikmagalur next week, and was planning Anantpur-Challakere-Chikmagalur route.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Revhead said:

How were the road conditions on the ShimogÔĽŅa - Chitradurga - Anantapur stretch. Planning a trip to Chikmagalur next week, and was planning Anantpur-Challakere-Chikmagalur route.ÔĽŅ

Via Ananthapur road is very bad.
We did this route last month.

You can go through this post. 
https://www.india-drive.com/index.php?/topic/505-hyderabad-to-chikamagalur-road-trip/

• Like 4

Yes,

Don't take Challakere route.
No proper food options and route travels through very interior villages.

If you are travelling family stick to NH.

You can see the link posted by Ranger.

We faced lot of issues on Challakere road, too many diversion.

On our return drive we took NH and overall drive time is almost similar.

Drive is more stress free.

If you have any quires related to Chikmagalur let me know.

Thank you

• Like 3

Hi team, 

Just wanted to share the current flow at jog falls as I was¬†here yesterday ūüėÄ

94369E5D-576E-4F8C-BDE7-9EEAF4122FB6.jpeg

D05549A0-A012-4385-BF8E-7DE8E1FAEB2D.jpeg

• Like 3

Hi @vivek, Thanks a lot for sharing the recent update of the water flow at the Jog falls :) Appreciate it.

The flow looks quite good and I am very sure that, the path to reach the foot hills of the falls must have been closed :D 

How is the weather over there.. ? Is the place still carrying the hang of the monsoon ?

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this