India-Drive
  • Welcome!

Welcome to India-Drive, Road trips and travel group. Please register to join us.

Sign in to follow this  
uday

RTA M-Wallet App. Transport Department of the Govt. of Telangana. No need to carry physical documents of your vehicle

RTA m-Wallet is a mobile application developed for the Transport Department of the Govt. of Telangana. It allows a person have a one stop digital shop for all the documents issued by the Transport department. Salient features of the app lets one auto-fetch documents, share documents, have all the documents on one screen and add multiple vehicles owned by a single person. The documents once downloaded will be saved for future use on the application.

Download link :

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....mywalet&hl=en

IOS :

https://itunes.apple.com/in/app/rta-m-wallet/id1087318928?mt=8

If you want to download directly from play store or IOS app store search for "RTA m-Wallet"

Advantages:

• Motorist can show the M-Wallet app on their smart phone during the RTA checking.
  • No need to carry physical documents.
  • Multiple vehicles can be added.
  • License and Registration card can be added to the app.
  • On-line digital certificate fetching. Less chances of fraud.
  • Need internet only for the first time. No need of internet once you fetch the Digital Certificate.
  • Auto fetching Insurance details of last updated year .

Disadvantages:

• No support for Pollution certificates. (Presently).
  • App is accepted only in Telangana. Need to carry physical documents If you are planning a travel to other state.

How to use the app?

Download and install the "RTA m-Wallet" App.It is around 17 MB.

Step 1

• Enter Name,Email and Mobile Number.
  • Click on Register.

Screenshot_20180625-144044__01.jpg

Step 2

• OTP is sent to the mobile,enter the OPT
  • click on submit.

Screenshot_20180625-144058__01.jpg

Step 3

• Click on RC to fetch the digital RC. Give the registration number of your vehicle and last 5 digits of your Chassis number.
  • You can find the Chassis number on the back of your RC card.
  • Click on Get.

Screenshot_20180625-144110__01.jpg

Step 4

• Click on driving license to fetch the Digital DL
  • Enter the license number from your Driving license card.
  • Select the RTA from your Driving license card.
  • Click on Get.

Screenshot_20180625-144123__01.jpg

All the documents will be fetched automatically once you give the above details and you are good to go.

• Like 2

Very well written. Thank you for sharing. App will be complete once they add Pollution certificates.

Awesome update. Installed the app just now but my insurance details are not updated. It is still showing the old insurance details. Anyone facing this problem.

It is a first of its kind in India.. Great initiative by the 'Telangana transport department' .. Thanks for sharing this useful information on board.. :D

Even my insurance details are not updated. It is showing previous year insurance details. Looks like they will take some time update all the accounts. Good effort by Telangana Govt. Hope all the glitches will be resolved in the coming days. If they add pollution certificate it will be a perfect app.

Good move by the Telangana Govt. Now we don't need to carry documents of all the vehicles we own. It will be more use specially for the people who own multiple vehicles. App is user friendly. I did not face any issue with insurance all the details are fetched perfectly. Nice post But I will carry vehicle documents for some more days. Hope this will put end to useless harassment.

Good Innovative by the Telangana Transport Department.

I have faced some issues after the update. Uninstalled and installed it again. It worked flawless.

App is available on Apple IOS too. Windows is pending. I think it won't be available on Windows for now.

"RTA m-Wallet" is getting updated continuously. Hope all the glitches will get resolved soon.

Thanks for sharing Uday.

My document not completely updated, no photo, no signature.

showing only my general information and address. Is this for a specific reason...?

Please advice.

Thanks for sharing Uday. My document not completely updated, no photo, no signature. showing only my general information and address. Is this for a specific reason...? Please advice.

Looks like App is in the initial stages. May be things will get sorted out in few more days. Try to uninstall and Install the App again. It may solve some of the issues.

App is working better on Android with minor issues. Some of my colleagues are facing problems with IOS.

Thank you all.:D

App updates are done continuously.

I have faced some issues. But I have uninstalled and Installed the App, things are working fine on Android.

• Like 1

Installed the RTA m-wallet, it is user friendly.

Some issue with IOS and It is all ok, on my Andriod tab.

What happens If the phone has got switched off :search:

Good initiative taken by Telangana Govt. It should get implemented across India because we still need to carry documents if we are planning for a out of state trip.

For the first version App is fine. But there should be lot of improvements on the next versions to make it better without errors.

• Like 1

Good initiative by Telangana Government.

Anyone had real time experience with app.

Did any one show this app, when they got caught by traffic cops?

• Like 1

Good initiative by Telangana Government.

Anyone had real time experience with app.

Did any one show this app, when they got caught by traffic cops?

Luckily,I did not get that opportunity till now.:fight:

The purpose of the app is to show it during RTA checking. It is like a quick get away without wasting much time.

Though it is always better to keep a hard copy in the vehicle.

• Like 1

app is working better in android

I have faced some issues and I uninstalled the app and I again installed the app now it's working Good in android

• Like 1

Did anyone use this when caught by the cops? I have seen no one who checks the docs through app!! All they want is documents hard copy!!

Anyone had any experience?please let me know!! Very curious about how the app works in real time!!

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By SK01
      Hey all,

Dussehra vacations are on the way and I started planning from today itself for my next wildlife trip. 
      Woke up in the morning to see a mail about the vacations 😁
      for me its going to be a long holiday from 13th October to 21st October.

What could be more happier on a Monday morning than opening a mail about the long holidays... 😍

So coming to the point,

I request people over here to give some information about the forests reserves in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana, AP mostly as I will be spending most of my time in Vijayawada and Ramachandrapuram (EG Dist).

Been to Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve this year  visited Nallamalla forests the previous year, and Maredumilli forests before Nallamalla (couldn't spend much time though). this time also I'm planning to visit some place and want to spend some time, at least a day or two in the forest. 

everyone please give the list of places which will also be useful for wildlife enthusiasts like me as there are very less posts on wildlife here. 

• By shiva
      Download links
      Android Playstore

This mobile App is for the National Highway Commuters of India, who wish to cross through a National Toll road in a pre-informed manner. The App also prevents frauds by way of overcharging by a Toll Plaza as it informs the user about the fee applicable. While on move, users can know the places of interest & Route to theses places if he/she wishes. The App tells real time waiting time at a plaza as at a particular time. Once the user crosses a plaza, he/she can also give feedback of his experience through the toll plaza.  

Key features
      1. Nearby toll Plazas
      2. Toll Plazas en-route
      3. Fast-Tag
      4. Know your highway
      5. Report an issue
      6. Report summery (issue tracker)
      7. Near by (Hotels, hospitals, ATM  and Fuel)

Will give more details once I use the app.
      Overall app is impressive. 

Adding few screen shots.

Home screen

Near by works only on GPS, we cannot slect the place manually.

• By Pralay
      Graciaas!! So, you got the shiny new car which is eager to hit the road! But wait, what about the permanent registration? You can always rely upon your dealer to this favour, of course against some money, but you can save few hundred to thousand bucks if can do it yourself. In this write up I would like to share my experience of car registration in Kondapur , Hyderabad.

So, first thing first, what are the papers/documents required?
      Form 20 (In Duplicate if you have Finance and signed by the Finance company/bank) Form 21 provided by the dealer Form 22 provided by the vehicle Manufacturer Photocopy of a valid Insurance Certificate Tax invoice from the dealer Temporary Registration Certificate Life Tax Receipt Photo ID Proof (Govt provided) Address Proof (Ration Card, Electricity Bill, Passport, BSNL Telephone Bill...) Aadhar Card PAN Card.   Just in front of the first counter.. as on 18.08.2015

How do I prepare myself, how to deal with RTO officers?
      Well, RTO officers are very friendly here in Kondapur. You just need to be well informed and all the documents should be perfect. Some people around there are really helpful (personally we got help from a stranger!), so don't worry, just do the below things before you head to RTO for permanent registration of your brand new car.
      Verify if you have all the copies of the documents mentioned above. Carry a pen, small pencil & eraser. You need to sign on form 20 at 2-3 places (IIRC) and do a pencil trace.(eraser is , in case if you could not do the pencil trace properly.) Refer your owner's manual or ask the dealer where the Chassis number is punched or engraved properly on the body. Usually there is a plate provided which has the chassis number. But some car is provided VIN no. or chassis number in more than one place. Find out which one can do the pencil trace. You need to do that on Form 20(IIRC) wherever RTO officer asked to do so. Please practice couple of times on a A4 paper so that you can do the same smartly over there without wasting your valuable time! check yourself whether you can comfortably reach this place and take pencil trace of the number Remember, chassis number should be visible properly on the required papers. It’s always better to reach early to get familiar with the environment. 10.30 AM is the opening time, be there around 10 AM. You might even find some friendly agent who will verify the document order without a fee.  
      Anything else? Valuable tips or something?
      Of course.. I am outta here! No worries. Just do take care of the following things while you made up you mind that you will DIY registration of your brand new car!
      Some people like me done full mat floor cover as soon as they get their new car. Its really good and helpful thing unless you know the chassis number is engraved below the full mat cover! Well, just check up where exactly the chassis number is engraved for pencil trace. Make sure you haven't covered the area with the full mat until the registration. In my case, I had done my full mat just a week after I got the car. I checked up for chassis number and found that chassis number is on the door panel of Grand i10 which is easy to do the pencil trace. But wait..kahani mein twist hai. the moment we started doing pencil trace to get the chassis number, we realised that it's not that much engraved. In Hyundai Grand i10 chassis number is properly engraved in the chassis itself, just pull the drive's seat to extreme back, you will find below to that the chassis number properly engraved for pencil trace and guess what.. I insisted to fix (semi-fix actually) the mat to the chassis (by adhesive) in order to avoid misplacing the mat while driving (which is good otherwise IMO). Hence, we had to cut the mat for that place & repair it again to get those precious letters & numbers!! Thankfully the guy dint charges a single penny for the cutting & repairing. I heard, some cars like Maruti have their chassis number engraved under the bonnet. Owner of those cars will not have tough time in this regard. I have seen in Honda Jazz, in the right side of the driver's seat, but again, if you cover it up, be prepared to cut it! So this type of car owners be careful.  
      I Dint notice that, floor mat is covering the chassis number
      Take 3-4 copies of Form 20 from the dealer (or take photocopies) and get it endorsed from the finance banker. Extra copies will ensure keeping documents for every agency including you. Arrange all the set of documents in line with the RTO guideline at home, so that you will not block the queue at the RTO for setting up the docs. Better do not go on Fridays & Mondays to avoid rush  
      Hmm.. reached early at RTO office. Whats next?
      After entering the RTO park your car in the designated place and come to the registration counter with papers/documents. It's on the right side after you entering the RTO office. You will find some Xerox shops etc. which are behind this counter. As you have already made your set of documents at home in the order specified in the list, just give it at the New Registration Counter.

The clerk verifies the documents; he will guide you to put sign on 3-4 places on Form 20 or/& any other doc if required and ask you to put sign on a digital signature pad. He will issues a fee receipt after collecting the prescribed fee of Rs 635/- (Application Fee - Rs 200, Service Charge - Rs 200, Smart Card Fee - Rs 200, Postal Charges - Rs 35) and another 620/- or so for HSRP charges (High Security Registration Plate). Make sure only owner signs on the digital pad. After that you need to go the next counter in left side to join another queue for photographs, finger print & eye scan (This photo will appear on the RC). Then you need to go the vendor shop for HSRP (extreme left point if you stand before the counter), where you need to show the receipt of Rs 1235/-(approx)

That vendor will give you the time & date when you need to come there again to fix the HSRP(After getting the Reg number), but before going there make sure to call him @ 9963908679, (please do cross verify the number again),

Then you have to take the pencil trace of the Chassis number. If you have finance, then there will be two copies of Form 20, you have to take pencil trace on both the copies.(On the bottom edge of the first page of Form 20 IIRC, otherwise ask the inspector seating there). You bring all documents, receipts along with your car to the vehicle inspector who sits in the open small shed, beside a tree near the receipt counter. He will ask you or his chela to read out the chassis number while he verifies on the Form 20. Gives you a copy of the receipt and voila you have done with the registration process!!

The entire process took us only 40-45 minutes (max an hour) and it is not at all difficult. The RC smart card will come to the address as mentioned in the RC by post.(You can get it by hand next day by giving 300/- to anybody from those Xerox shops behind the receipt counter; but I would suggest to take it through post) Your Registration number will be updated on the RTA website by the same day evening. You can search using your Temporary Registration Number.

After a couple of days you visit RTO office again to fix the number plate (make a call before going), you need to show your HSRP receipt or tell your number, they will take out the number plates & ask you to put sign on their register (proof of received I guess) . 

They may ask you to give tips of 100/- to 200/-. Now it's up to you whether you will pay or not!! However, they had done the job perfectly.

So, Finally our "white knight" is getting the number plate!!
      That's it.. Congratulations! Your car finally got the permanent number plate!!
      PS: The process mentioned here is as on 18.08.2015 ; Kindly visit RTO for any update in this regard.
    • By Ranger
      One of our member Mr. Vamshi shared this video on WhatsApp, we were amazed to know about this beautiful place.

We never heard or came across the Mancherial town.

I'm consolidating the places mentioned in the video, which can be helpful to our fellow members.

If time permits, we shall explore this place within a month and share more details on this.

List of places to explore in Mancherial

1. Gandhari Khilla
      Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/yqQS2qkQT222

2. Bugga Rajeswara swamy temple
      Maps:https://goo.gl/maps/Le4webmHPjn

3. Shivaram wild life sanctuary
      Maps :https://goo.gl/maps/mm28dQMNpKT2

4. MCC quarry lake
      Maps : Couldn't find location.

5. Yellampalli project
      Maps : https://goo.gl/maps/pGE3rc94eWH2

6. Kawal Tiger reserve
      Maps : https://goo.gl/maps/mm28dQMNpKT2

Are these places accessible by road?

Info shared by Mr. Srikanth:
      All these places are accessible by road. 
      The fort is also called as Indaram Fort and lies between Mancherial and Ramagundam road.

The MCC quarry lake has no access now as it's closed but we have access to the park.

Bugga temple is very nice and its bit inside. Its between Ramagundam and Hyderabad highway.

Wild life Sanctuary is also good but very less spotting of animals. But it is worthy to visit all these places. A two day trip will be good enough to explore all of the above mentioned.
  • Gandikota meetup on January 26 and 27th