Jump to content
India-Drive
  • Welcome!

    Welcome to India-Drive, Road trips and travel group. Please register to join us.

varunc

Hyderabad to Spiti Valley, Himachal Pradesh.

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, sagar said:

Back in 2016, Due to lack of leaves at work we shortened it to doing it from Delhi and mission accomplished :D

Looking at the number of plans being made in multiple posts this spiti would need annual leave approval ... sick leave would not do 😀.. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ksa171983 said:

Looking at the number of plans being made in multiple posts this spiti would need annual leave approval ... sick leave would not do 😀.. 

 

A longer sick leave where you would have to produce a doctor's certificate would make it very much comfortable to do this :D 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doing it from Hyderabad in a group is very tough affair.(for people don't have leaves)

Delhi to Spiti will be more manageable.

 

How many do we require to properly explore Spiti?

I'm contemplating between Leh and Spiti. 

 

Leh has direct flights but Spiti looks adventurous. 

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 11:04 AM, RajG said:

Doing it from Hyderabad in a group is very tough affair.(for people don't have leaves)

Delhi to Spiti will be more manageable.

 

How many do we require to properly explore Spiti?

I'm contemplating between Leh and Spiti. 

 

Leh has direct flights but Spiti looks adventurous. 

 

 

 

Leh now-a-days has grown more towards the commercial end. But the beauty there still remains the same except for the crowd. Everything are available quite easily over there unlike Spiti. Spiti is almost a no man's land. Extremely adventurous.

Do go through the whole log above as it has everything which can be your absolute guide. Good 15 days would be sufficient to explore Spiti if you are planning to drive from Hyderabad. :) 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Sridhar Tandra said:

I have a solution to this now after the pre-monsoon drive

 

haha 

 

On 7/5/2018 at 11:04 AM, RajG said:

How many do we require to properly explore Spiti?

 

Usually to explore nice places leisurely it will take two weeks.
But you can do a full circuit in 8 days. 

Problem in 8 days? you wont be able to cover all the places. 

 

Roads in Spiti are unpredictable, you always should have a two days buffer. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ranger said:

 

Roads in Spiti are unpredictable, you always should have a two days buffer. 

 

Living there for a month will definitely change a man's perspective towards life. It will be the time of your life <3 .. I would recommend this if there's anyone looking to travel having no restrictions :D 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Excellent report complimented amazing pictures Varun. Very informative post. It has all the necessary information needed to do Spiti valley. 

I have stayed in Delhi for 6 years and i couldn't dare to do this till now. Now, after getting transferred to Hyderabad, I feel like doing this :) 

How are the weather conditions in Spiti in November/December ? Is it doable? Ofcourse on a 4X4 .. Planning to do it from Delhi..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, mayank said:

 

How are the weather conditions in Spiti in November/December ? Is it doable? Ofcourse on a 4X4 .. Planning to do it from Delhi..

 

Yes, 4X4 is a must this season to do Spiti valley and it is definitely doable but not at all easy :) Are you planning to rent one and which car are you think of?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, mayank said:

Spiti in November/December ?

 

Issues:

  • Your vehicle should be 4x4 (preferably with chains)
  • Road blocks are unpredictable, be ready to stay back, keep at least 5+ days buffer. 
  • Going in a group is a must, if you are a first timer in winter. 
  • Very few accommodations are available. 
  • You cannot drive towards Chandratal. 
  • You cannot do a full circuit, you should come back via Shimla 

 

I would suggest you to visit during Summer,

Drive back during winter.

 

In summer itself, it is a great adventure.

There are many tracks to explore. 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/14/2018 at 4:54 PM, Ranger said:
  • Your vehicle should be 4x4 (preferably with chains)
  • Road blocks are unpredictable, be ready to stay back, keep at least 5+ days buffer. 
  • Going in a group is a must, if you are a first timer in winter. 
  • Very few accommodations are available. 
  • You cannot drive towards Chandratal. 
  • You cannot do a full circuit, you should come back via Shimla 

 

Looks too complicated. 

Plan purely relies on weather conditions. 

 

I want to visit Spiti in December.

But after discussing with Karthik and Ranger decided to drop out. 

 

May be I have to wait till i buy a proper 4x4.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RajG said:

 

May be I have to wait till i buy a proper 4x4.

 

 

Will be waiting for you to get your new Compass delivered .. May be we can plan this for the next November/December.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Mobile App downloads

×