India-Drive
  • Welcome!

Welcome to India-Drive, Road trips and travel group. Please register to join us.

Sign in to follow this  
shammy

Nearest beaches to visit from Hyderabad.

Want to visit the nearest beach from Hyderabad?

Want to drive on the beach?

Want to drive on the Wast lake bed?

Want to drive on the dry canals?

Want to see the place where river and ocean meets?

Who wouldn't love to feel the wet grainy sand beneath your bare feet and hear the whisper of splashing rhythmic waves crashing against rocks.

Under the uncomfortable hot sun building a sand castle and knocked down by your friends, collecting the sea shells and put them into a bag.

When you hear the word "beach", the nearest place that strikes in your mind is "Costal Andhra".

There are very few beaches to visit and have fun with your pals and loved ones under 400 kilometers.

To all the beach lovers out there, here are the two beaches closer to Hyderabad.

• Suryalanka Beach
  • Hamsaladeevi Beach

• Like 1

Suryalanka Beach

Distance : ~320 Kilometers

Route : Hyderabad -> Suryapet->Vijayawada-> Guntur -> Bapatla-> Suryalanka

Road condition :

Hyderabad to Guntur 4-lane.

Guntur to Bapatla 2-lane above average road.

Food Joints : En-route you can find many food joints at Suryapet. Would recommend hotel 7.

Hotels : AP Tourism with beach view. Book the rooms in advance. Zero chances of getting the room directly.

More details :http://www.india-drive.com/forum/main-forum/hyderabad/1243-hyderabad-to-suryalanka-beach-bapatla-and-bhavani-island-andhra-pradesh

Important Points

• Book the resort in advance. It is always full!
  • Vehicles are not allowed on to the beach during Sunday and Holidays, due to heavy crowd(Except early morning).
  • Ideal plan is to start on Friday and drive back home on Sunday.
  • Make sure you get a wash after you come back home. Cars don't like salt water.

Beach resort price list

Capture.JPG

Nearest beach from Hyderabad

fetch?id=1267&d=1438741615&type=full.jpeg

Drive on the beach. Chances of getting stuck are rare. But do not drive deep into the water.

fetch?id=1270&d=1438741615&type=full.jpeg

Dry canals

image_1304.jpg

Drive on empty canals

fetch?id=1280&d=1438741619&type=full.jpeg

AP tourism hotel with beach view

fetch?id=1277&d=1438741617&type=full.jpeg

• Like 1

Hamsaladeevi Beach : A hidden paradise for beach lovers.

Distance : ~370 Kilometers

Route : Hyderabad-> Suryapet-> Vijayawada-> Pedapulipaka-> Madduru-> Thotlavalluru-> Nimmagadda-> Avanigadda-> Nagayalanka-> Chodavaram-> Hamsaladeevi Beach

Road condition : Hyderabad to Vijayawada 4-lane.

Vijayawada to Hamsaladeevi beach 2-lane above average road to poor.

Food Joints : En-route you can find many food joints at Suryapet. Would recommend hotel 7.

Hotels : None at Hamsaladeevi Beach. Book a stay at Vijawayada. You can find OYO rooms for 1500/-.

More details :

http://www.india-drive.com/forum/mai...andhra-pradesh

Important points

• Route : Following the above mention route strictly else you will be in soup. Do not follow google maps blindly, make sure you pass through each and every place mentioned.
  • Carry your own food and water.
  • Once you reach the Hamsaladeevi beach you need to drive down another 2 kilometers on the sand bed to see the river and ocean meeting point which is called as Sagar Sangamam. Locals discourage you to not to take your own vehicle on the lake bed. (as they run jeeps and autos).
  • It a paradise for swimmers even for the amateurs .(shallow waters)

Drive on the Wast lake bed. Distance is around 2 Kilometers. Follow the tracks. Don't drive on unknown paths.

fetch?id=2543&d=1451920794&type=full.jpeg

River meeting the ocean. Sagara Sangamam.

fetch?id=2550&d=1451920802&type=full.jpeg

Cleanest beach -- zero plastic.

fetch?id=2556&d=1451920916&type=full.jpeg

fetch?id=2570&d=1451922220&type=full.jpeg

Beach is deserted during weekdays.

fetch?id=2566&d=1451922220&type=full.jpeg

Source of those leaves on the beach. Nature at its best.

fetch?id=2577&d=1451922318&type=full.jpeg

• Like 1

Thank you for sharing.

Hamsaladeevi one of the best beach to visit on this part of India. Must visit place before it gets commercial.

Thank you for sharing.

Hamsaladeevi one of the best beach to visit on this part of India. Must visit place before it gets commercial.

Thanks for the info

You are welcome :)

Hamsaladeevi will not get commercial until they start building some resorts. Accessibility is tough without a private vehicle.

Awesome pictures.Very informative .

Specially hamsaladeevi has very less information online.

Thank you for sharing.

When I went to Suryalanka I am bit hesitant to drive on the beach. I had fear of getting the car stuck.

Thought only SUV's can do it. Looking at beat and Honda city pictures gave me confidence.

Hamsaladeevi looks good from the pictures. Is it safe for families?

Did anyone visit any of the beaches again above? I am little curious about your experiences!! I am planning to go for one of them before entering into 2017!

Great piece of information shammy.. I have visited Hamasaladeevi recently after i followed the information in your thread.. Thanks a lot for the help. Will update the pics soon.. Thank you once again for sharing

wow!! Sounds cool!! Howz your experience there? Did you find any accommodation nearby? Waiting for more details and pictures!!

APTDC at Suryalanka and Seabreeze at Chirala at the beaches kinda good for families. Hamsaladeevi doesn't have any stay or food options. Nearest town is Avanigadda and city is Vijayawada. Slightly further you have the famous Visakhapatnam beach.. AP has good potential to enhance beach tourism..

Sent from my iPhone using India-Drive

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this