India-Drive
  • Welcome!

Welcome to India-Drive, Road trips and travel group. Please register to join us.

Sign in to follow this  
vijay

Hyderabad to Tirupati and kalahasti Road Condtion and Route updates

Last month went on a road trip from Hyderabad to Tirupati. Will write a travel story when I get free time.

Mean while I will update the road condition which will be helpful for fellow members.

Following are the routes available(EDIT : 2017).

Route 1 : Hyderabad --> Mahbubnagar --> Kurnool --> Kadapa --> Rajampet --> Tirupati

Route 2 (NAM expressway) : Hyderabad --> Narketpally --> Mirayalaguda --> Piduguralla ---> Addanki --> Ongole--> Nellore -->Tirupati

Route 1:

Distance : ~ 580 Kilometers

Drive time : 11 hours (Including breaks)

Hyderabad to Kurnool : Road condition is excellent. Covered the distance in 2:30 mins flat. Four lane road with tolls.

Kurnool to Kadapa : Road condition is good. Except for 30 kilometres near Nadyala. Four lane road.

Kadapa to Tirupati : Road condition is excellent. Keep an eye on the speed bumps. Two lane road.

Route 2:

Currently this is the best route to Tirupati.

Distance : ~ 580 Kilometers

Drive time : 12 hours (Including breaks)

Hyderabad to Marketpally : excellent 4-lane road.

Narkepally to Ongole : Nam expressway 4-lane road.

Nellore to Tirupati : mix of 4-lane and 2-lane roads.

Nice information vijay.

Nadayala part is always worst. Did this route two years back. Wonder what makes them wait so long to relay road.

NAM expressway is newly laid 4-lane road between Nalgonda and Ongole.

We can completely avoid Vijayawada route now.

Hyderabad --> Nalgonda --> Miryalgauda --> Pidiguralla --> Addanki --> Nellore -->Naidupeta--> Tirupati

Hi,

Am planning a road trip to Tirupati from Hyd.

What's the current best route ?

Via Banglore highway or Nalgonda route?

Hi,

Am planning a road trip to Tirupati from Hyd.

What's the current best route ?

Via Bangalore highway or Nalgonda route?

Both routes are equally good.

Hyderabad to Tirupati : Take Bangalore route.

Hyderabad to Kadpa : 4-lane

Kadapa to Tirupati : 2-lane

Tirupati to Hyderabad : Take Nalgonda route.

Tirupati to Naidupeta : 2-lane

Naidupeta to Hyderabad: 4-lane

Thanks guys!

Reason I asked was the mention of the "NAM expressway",

Moderator Gowtham's post mentions route as Nellore --> Tirupati, without going to Naidupeta.(?)

Is my understanding correct?

By following the "NAM Expressway", is that a fully 4 lane route from Hyderabad to Tirupati ?

Moderator Gowtham's post mentions route as Nellore --> Tirupati, without going to Naidupeta.(?)

Above mentioned route is via Naidupeta.

Forgot to add Naidupeta.

By following the "NAM Expressway", is that a fully 4 lane route from Hyderabad to Tirupati ?

Not 4-lane all the way.

Hyderabad to Naidupeta : 4-lane, Road condition is excellent. (complete 4-lane, apart from few 500 meter stretches near bridges and villages, which is not a problem)

Naidupeta to Tirupati: 2-lane , Road condition is not so great.

As others suggested, both routes are good.You can try out both routes.

If you are planning to visit Srikalahasti on the return, take Nalgonda route.

I will be doing this trip in the upcoming days.

One year back, Kurnool to Nandyala is in pathetic condition. It was so bad that I wouldn't go on that road on any day. Not sure what's the current status

Kadapa to Tirupati is equally bad 2 lane road compared to Naidupeta to Tirupati. I wonder why Govt never built a 4 lane express way from Hyd to Tiruapati given the significance of place.

If you are starting from Uppal or Dilshukhnagar, take NAM and don't give second thought about it.

If you are starting from Cyberabad, you can choose anyone of them.

• Like 1

nitin88 said:
I will be doing this trip in the upcoming days.One year back, Kurnool to Nandyala is in pathetic condition. It was so bad that I wouldn't go on that road on any day. Not sure what's the current statusKadapa to Tirupati is equally bad 2 lane road compared to Naidupeta to Tirupati. I wonder why Govt never built a 4 lane express way from Hyderabad to Tiruapati given the significance of place.If you are starting from Uppal or Dilshukhnagar, take NAM and don't give second thought about it.If you are starting from Cyberabad, you can choose anyone of them.

According to google maps both routes has same travel time.NAM (Via Ongole) is a better option out of the two.

Capture.JPG

• Like 1

Thank you Aneesh for sharing pictures and information.Just came back from Triupathi.1200 odd kms.Total journey 18 hours.WagonR AT consumed a whopping 110 litres of petrol. 8000 rs/- dent.

Took the following route:Hyderabad --> Narketpally --> Mirayalaguda --> Piduguralla ---> Addanki --> Ongole--> Nellore -->Tirupati

Roads are pretty decent.Ongole onwards nh5 starts.Darshan went pretty well. Had to wait in the queue for 1.5 hours.All the tolls are operational and they are accepting cards, but not accepting 500/1000 notes.

image_3444.jpg

image_3445.jpg

image_3446.jpg

image_3447.jpg

image_3448.jpg

image_3449.jpg

image_3450.jpg

image_3451.jpg

Guest Srinivas Motupalli

Friends

Planning a road trip from Hyderabad to Tirupati and the inputs provided here are really helpful. Made some inquiries about the stretch between Kurnool and Tirupati and was told that the road condition is good. can somebody help with the latest position of this road because the other route is about 80 kms more than this but if the road condition is bad.

NAM would be a better choice.Please update and advise.

24 minutes ago, Guest Srinivas Motupalli said:

Friends

Planning a road trip from Hyderabad to Tirupati and the inputs provided here are really helpful. Made some inquiries about the stretch between Kurnool and Tirupati and was told that the road condition is good. can somebody help with the latest position of this road because the other route is about 80 kms more than this but if the road condition is bad.

Both roads are equally good,

Hyderabad to Tirupati
I would suggest you to go via Kurnool.

Tirupati to Hyderabad
Go via Nellore, this way you can cover Kalahasti.

• Like 1

Thank you Gowtham for a quick response and reassuring advice

No problem.

Please update us back once your are done with the trip.

Drive safe.

• Like 1

Friends

Yes NAM is an excellent road but be aware of the cattle. Ongole to Nellore road is a bliss. Don't know Nellore to Tirupati road conditions. Recently I had done Hyd to Nellore via NAM. You can find the review of the road and conditions.

HYDERABAD TO NELLORE.

https://www.india-drive.com/index.php?/topic/120-Hyderabad-To-Nellore-Drive.-LONG-AWAITED-TRIP.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Srinivas Motupalli said:

The distance from Hyderabad to Tirupati and back was shown at 580 kms in your post but isn't the route via Nellore is more than 600kms?

His post is only till Nellore.

• Like 2

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Gandikota meetup on January 26 and 27th