India-Drive
  • Welcome!

Welcome to India-Drive, Road trips and travel group. Please register to join us.

mustafa

Hyderabad to Mahabaleshwar road trip in April 2018

13 hours ago, mustafa said:

How is the road condition from Hyderabad to Mahabaleshwar?

Hyderabad to Mahabaleshwar has multiple route options.

We can suggest the routes depending on your plan.

Mahabaleshwar is completely dry in summer. 
Place is excellent during peak monsoon and winter.
You can go through these links.

How many days you are planning for the trip?

• Like 1

I am planing to go with family around 15 April for 4 nights,  will start early morning by 4 am, I need to know how is the road if I take the route from Hyderabad - zaheerabad - humnabad - umarga - solapur - pandharpur - wai - mahabaleshwar. 

how much time it will take to reach Mahabaleshwar and where can I take a stop for breakfast and lunch.

or 

should I take the other road?

• Like 2

Congratulations. Road trips are fun. Been to mahabaleshwar and panchgani last year in may ( May 2017 ) for 6 days.we were 7 of us including a baby of 4 months. Went in 2 cars. We went via Hyderabad-Pargi-Sedam- Gulbarga- Solapur. Night halt at Solapur. Next morning Solapur- Pandharpur-Panchgani.

This road of sedam gulbarga is well maintained but is 2 laned at most places and goes through villages and towns. From solapur onwards, its a beautiful 6 lane NH. till Pandharpur bypass.

While coming opted for the other route.Panchgani-pandharpur-solapur-omerga-naldurg-zaheerabad-Hyderabad.

Last year, this road was a mess due to highway construction and lots of diversions especially in karnataka and maharasthra side.

As for now,

Hyd-Zaheerabad road is awesome. Went to bidar last month and till zaheerabad its butter smooth.

Beyond that i dont know. Just enquire before starting your trip, the road condition from zaheerabad to solapur especially at omerga and naldurg.

All the best.

• Like 2

It will take you 13 to 14 hours via zaheerabad, omerga, pandharpur route to reach mahabaleshwar including tolls, bio breaks and food breaks. Rest depends on your driving skills, trip management i.e. keeping maps and directions ready, local on the spot road/traffic conditions, fellow travellers compliance and most importantly the car you are driving.

I advise you to start off at 4 am sharp without any delay, hit the ORR. Take muthangi exit for zaheerabad. Have breakfast at numerous dhabas around zaheerabad . Or if you prefer, a brunch at around 10 or 11 at solapur- Vithal Kamat Veg Restaurant. Last 20 kms or so involves ghat roads with incline so get to your stay/resort before sunset.

• Like 2

@RedCruiser your information is spot on.

On 3/29/2018 at 2:23 PM, mustafa said:

Hyderabad - zaheerabad - humnabad - umarga - solapur - pandharpur - wai - mahabaleshwar. 

This is the best route.
Since it is off season, you can get accommodations at less price.(Test your bargain skills :D)

Also check out AirBnB at Panchgani, they have some beautiful locations. 

will start early morning by 4 am,

Perfect time to start!

how much time it will take to reach Mahabaleshwar

You will reach before Sunset, it will take around 12 hours.

Breakfast stop, Noor Dhaba
https://goo.gl/maps/m5qRLSJ8sh82

• Like 1

Thanks for all the tips. I have booked hotel Bella vista as they have offered book for 2 nights and get 3rd night free. Will check the hotels and dhabas recommended on the way for breakfast and lunch and hopefully will reach Mahabaleshwar before sunset.

• Like 2

On 3/31/2018 at 7:27 AM, mustafa said:

Thanks for all the tips. I have booked hotel Bella vista as they have offered book for 2 nights and get 3rd night free. Will check the hotels and dhabas recommended on the way for breakfast and lunch and hopefully will reach Mahabaleshwar before sunset.

Drive safe and update us when you are done with the trip. :)

• Like 1

On 3/30/2018 at 12:13 PM, RedCruiser said:

It will take you 13 to 14 hours via zaheerabad, omerga, pandharpur route to reach mahabaleshwar including tolls, bio breaks and food breaks. Rest depends on your driving skills, trip management i.e. keeping maps and directions ready, local on the spot road/traffic conditions, fellow travellers compliance and most importantly the car you are driving.

I advise you to start off at 4 am sharp without any delay, hit the ORR. Take muthangi exit for zaheerabad. Have breakfast at numerous dhabas around zaheerabad . Or if you prefer, a brunch at around 10 or 11 at solapur- Vithal Kamat Veg Restaurant. Last 20 kms or so involves ghat roads with incline so get to your stay/resort before sunset.

Perfecto!! 

• Like 1

On 3/31/2018 at 7:27 AM, mustafa said:

Happy Driving! Have a safe trip, would be waiting for latest updates on this route!!

• Like 1

What is the Road condition to Mahabaleshawar now and suggest good stay options at Panchgani and Mahabaleshwar. I am planning to drive along with my wife in Huly First week. 

15 hours ago, Shekar said:

What is the Road condition to Mahabaleshawar now and suggest good stay options at Panchgani and Mahabaleshwar. I am planning to drive along with my wife in Huly First week. 

Hyderabad - Zaheerabad - Solapur - Phaltan (Diversion from the highway) - Wathar - Wai - Panchgani - Mahabaleshwar.

Your journey will slow down from Phaltan to Wai as you pass through lot of small towns in between (Mix of single lane and double lane roads). The road condition is a mix Good roads and average roads. Usually you go through a lot of pot holes in these regions due to monsoon.

I would recommend you to stay in an AirBnB which has an amazing view of the cliff side instead of staying in a regular hotel. There are good amount of stays in both Panchgani and Mahabaleshwar.