India-Drive
  • Welcome!

Welcome to India-Drive, Road trips and travel group. Please register to join us.

Jagan24

A trip to Warangal and Laknavaram

We did a trip to Warangal and Laknavaram lake during the end of 2017(Dec 30th and 31st). I just want to share the overall experience in the forum. This is my first post so please forgive me for any mistakes.

This was not a planned trip (We usually do not plan any trips :D). We were a total of 9 ppl(7 adults and two kids). We started off with a car(dZire) and a bike(Bullet). We started on a saturday at around 11AM from Hyderabad. We took the ORR from Medchal, got down at the Ghatkesar exit, had Lunch at Vivera on the way. Food was good and Spicy. They had some play area as well for kids. Continued post Lunch to Warangal, Stayed in a hotel named Gayathri Grand near to Railway Station. The Hotel was very good but a bit on the expensive side. We went to Bhadrakali Temple in the evening through the busy and narrow streets of Warangal. As we have not planned any places to visit, we had very bad time in figuring out the places to visit and using google maps to find our way to the destinations. 

The temple had very less number of people and we had our Darshan freely. After that, we retired back to our hotel rooms. Had dinner in the restaurant and dozed off in the cozy rooms.

Got ready by 8AM the next morning, had breakfast and went to 1000 Pillar temple. We used google maps for the way to the temple but somehow google was directing us into a small lane behind the temple. Somehow we figured out the actual route and went inside. The temple was a bit busy being it a sunday. We could not actually visit the 1000 pillar mandapa because of some renovation work being carried out.

After visiting the thousand pillar temple, we started off to Laknavarm lake. Here again, if we search for Laknavaram in google maps, it is taking us to a different place. We had to use Laknavaram lake and follow the maps. The route was very good and we cruised off on both the vehicles. There were no much food joints available on the way. Before we reach Mulugu village, google was directing us to a right lane. We took the lane and somehow suspected that it might not be the actual route. Spoke to few locals and got to know about the actual route which is near to Mulugu village. Once we neared the destination, there was a heavy rush and we were not allowed to go inside with our car and were asked to park in a nearby place. This was because of some traffic jam, the officials told. After waiting for about half an hour, we were allowed to start again. There was about 2,5KM of distance to be covered and that was a bit tricky drive because of the heavy traffic and we had to get off the road at regular intervals. The roads were also risky being them on the edge of a hill. Once we reached the destination, there was no proper parking available and people were parking wherever they find some empty area. It was a task for us to park our vehicle so that it will not block anybody else's path. It was already around 1PM in the afternoon. We went near the lake bridge and it was full of tourists. There is a lot of waiting time and we decided to go for a Jungle Safari in the meantime. They charged us Rs.50 per head and took us to the other end of the lake in typical forest kind of a road. The road was full of stoned and potholes. We enjoyed the safari ride. The driver dropped us at the location and went back. We were free to roam until he comes back with another batch. We started exploring the place. Basically the place had a Gate and locks mechanism for the lake. Any excess water in the lake will be allowed a free passage from the gates to the other side. They cleverly built few steps on the other side of the water flow to create a miniature waterfalls effect. It was a nice place and we enjoyed there until the driver came back after about 2 hrs. The views were very good on both sides of the lake.

We had to return to hyderabad before midnight for the new years day celebrations and had very less time left now. So we decided to skip visiting the bridge and started back. Returned to our home in hyderabad exactly in the midnight (12:00 Am 31st Dec, 2017) :photo:

No Pictures available for this trip. We are planning to cover the same place again this weekend and will try to take few pics this time.

IMG_20171231_141429.jpg.da4975bf49ef412efc0b4468a0effea5.jpg

• Like 3

Best time to visit Laknavaram lake is morning and in weekends try to visit before 11AM.

Otherwise it will be fully crowded.

There are many places to visit near by -

Ramappa temple and Lake. Boating

Sammakka Temple inside deep forest

Bogatha water falls - may not have water in the summer

Tadai jungle resorts. Cehck it out any stay is available.

Pandavulu gutta 

Phakal lake - it is little far from this pace. But doable

• Like 2

Thanks Sahil.

we are planning for a two day trip.
Planning to start on Saturday morning and need to be back by Sunday evening.
Can u guide me on which place to visit first which can be avoided etc.
 it will be very helpful.

• Like 2

Guest Parul

Hi @Jagan24, I like your spirit the way you do the trip :) I run on the same line regarding my target. Destination or a Place is never my target. Just hit the road and enjoy the drive :cooler:

Nice write up.
Place is almost dry during summer.
It is better to avoid it.

You can plan it during monsoon, also you can cover Bogatha waterfalls.
Bogatha waterfalls is excellent in monsoon.
Again this place is dry during monsoon.

Would suggest you to cover both the places during monsoon. 
IMG-20170920-WA0002.jpg

• Like 1

Finally found few pics taken during this trip.. sharing them now..

1000 Pillar Temple

DSC_0013.JPG.e09fa65a288ed02bc09dfa3350773f29.JPG

DSC_0018.JPG.f4f1909d6f1499318b6154fcb7d35088.JPG

DSC_0019.JPG.45de851fd88b5e73135616f99248f57f.JPG

DSC_0020.JPG.9321434cafa16e0d04e6f50f3c1f3265.JPG

DSC_0021.JPG.ba85fd7cce026949eebc3bffd5f8063a.JPG

DSC_0023.JPG.ca993403086b240bc1aa4b7bb85d2f51.JPG

Tortoises 

DSC_0024.JPG.ff6d61610f903370599a2a63c326e3d0.JPG

Laknavaram 

DSC_0047.JPG.c9f1da65425ca5fdea3a646dd42cc388.JPG

DSC_0051.JPG.e40ccca619a58d2e8849678e5b305e07.JPG

DSC_0059.JPG.5dcc621d91d4f149c1ce92502e345ce6.JPG

DSC_0070.JPG.044137a50bb35acb8ec61b96f77094d5.JPG

• Like 3

On 3/22/2018 at 9:06 PM, Jagan24 said:

Thanks Sahil.

we are planning for a two day trip.
Planning to start on Saturday morning and need to be back by Sunday evening.
Can u guide me on which place to visit first which can be avoided etc.
 it will be very helpful.

There is more content shared for these places in this page. Refer to it. If you still have questions, I can help you

• Like 2

Nice write up Jagan.

Need one suggestion for Laknavaram overnight stay. Is it safe for a family to stay? I mean have you seen any family staying back during 🌃 time at Haritha resort...

I was planning to stay in Warangal/HNK rather than near lake.

On 3/22/2018 at 2:17 PM, Jagan24 said:

There is a lot of waiting time and we decided to go for a Jungle Safari in the meantime. They charged us Rs.50 per head and took us to the other end of the lake in typical forest kind of a road. The road was full of stoned and potholes. We enjoyed the safari ride. The driver dropped us at the location and went back. We were free to roam until he comes back with another batch. 

This safari is from Toursim board or from private firm?

Thank you.

• Like 3

Few Pictures that I could quickly upload from my mobile, most of them are in my desktop back home and I could not wait to upload these until I upload them!! Temple pics and Laknavaram Lake pics are from two separate trips to Warangal and Laknavaram!

We have stayed at the Laknavaram Lake Resort when we have been there in August 2016. Forest Safari and Island Cottages were not in effect back then! Will do this trip once again, out of the below pics, I love the pic where my little angel is trying to drive a Ford!! ;) 

IMG_20160430_090745.jpg

IMG_20160430_100610.jpg

IMG_20160817_103321.jpg

IMG_20160817_182950.jpg

IMG_20160817_183109.jpg

• Like 2

On 5/24/2018 at 5:01 PM, MTF said:

Nice write up Jagan.

Need one suggestion for Laknavaram overnight stay. Is it safe for a family to stay? I mean have you seen any family staying back during 🌃 time at Haritha resort...

I was planning to stay in Warangal/HNK rather than near lake.

This safari is from Toursim board or from private firm?

Thank you.

I did not stay overnight but I think it is safe for families as I have seen posts from few people who stayed there overnight. I do not know if the Safari is managed by Govt or Pvt firms.. 

• Like 1

On 6/1/2018 at 3:39 PM, Jagan24 said:

I think it is safe for families as I have seen posts from few people who stayed there overnight

I did stay with my family there overnight for my birthday in August 2016! It is safe, I had a nice time with zero mobile network :D Peaceful birthday with no phone calls until I got out of resort :P:P I am assuming that Safari is run by Govt themselves since APTDC / Haritha is not private and it is the only stay option there! Might just be part of expanding tourism here at this place!

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Rajagopal
      Hi guys,

Mid of April month,
      I am Planning to have a Shirdi trip from Lingampally(Hyderabad),

Route :
      Lingampally - Naldurg - Tuljapur - Terkhed - Jamkhed - Ahmednagar - Shirdi
      return with same route.

Would like to know the current road condition of the above route.

Thanks,
      Rajagopal
    • By Shekar
      This is about June 2016 travel to Tadoba Tiger reserve from Hyderabad. 

In Jan-2016 I had traveled Chopta and Munsiyari  in Uttarakand with another three new travelers met first time at Delhi. One of them Mr. Pandey is from Nagpur and he asked me to come down to Nagpur for visiting Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve and booked safari a couple of months before for 12th June 2016 . Till then I had no experience of any forest safary and I was excited to see many wild animals. Mean time our travel friends planned for Ladakh tour in the last week of June, 2016 (25-06-2016). It was one of the dream destination and I know it will be difficult and expensive if I go alone and said OK and booked flight/train to Delhi and back. Then started thinking  it will be hectic for two tours in two weeks. But Pandey who is also coming for Ladakh trip did not agree and made me to visit Tadoba.   

Day 1
      On 11th June we started at 5.00 Hrs in my car from Hyderabad. My wife and son were with me. We are two drivers and had a back seat to sleep if needed. We reached Nirmal by 8.00 Hrs entered town leaving NH44 and had breakfast at Hotel Mayuri. Breakfast was good but when we had lunch next year, it was very bad. We joined NH44 through old NH7 road. Reached Nagpur by 13.00 Hrs and Pandey's home by 13.30. 

Roads up to Adilabad were excellent. Four lane work and Underpass works at Hingenghat (about 30 Kms) not completed and have to change lanes and pass through the villages. Road at places in this section also not good. After that till Nagpur roads are good. 

One more travelmate Mr. Jagtap from Betul (MP) who is mine safety officer in Western Coal Fields (WCF) and a native of Nagpur was supposed to join us with his family in his car. But due to some fire accident in a coal mine he could not join us. 

Our plan was to reach  WCF guest house at Murpar which is about 15 Kms away from Navegaon Gate of Tadoba Reserve and stay overnight and reach the gate early in the morning. 

We started from Nagpur at about 17.00 Hrs and reached Murpar by 19.45 Hrs. While entering Chandrapur district at Umred check-post, local police stopped our car for checking and found one whiskey bottle in our luggage which was kept by Pandey.

The police told me that alcohol  is banned in chandrapur district and we can not carry. I said I am from Hyderabad and I do not the local rules and never imagined that a particular district will have a ban.

He looked at Pandey in the car and asked he is from Maharashtra and how come he do not know. I said he does not know about it and i brought it my self. Some how he took away the bottle and allowed us to proceed further.  

So those who are travelling to Tadoba please do not carry alcohol. 

By the time we reached Chimur which is a little bigger town close to Navegaon Gate, it started drizzling and when we took right turn at Khadsangi for Murpar, heavy downpour started and visibility was hardly 20 mtrs in head lights. Left turn at Khadsangi will lead to Navegaon gate. Mr. Jagtap booked the guest house at WCF mine area, Murpar. We found one Telugu cook in the guest house and when we told him about Umred check post incident, he said we are too lucky to be let off, otherwise they arrest and harras for carrying alcohol. When we asked about dinner he said other than non veg, he will prepare any thing. Non Veg has to be brought from Chimur some 12 Kms away and it is not possible at that time and that too in heavy rain. We ordered roti, dal and sabji with omlets. 

Mean time me and pandey went to Khadsangi in the rain and enquired about safari vehicles. we were told that there is no need to book in advance and Gypsy cars will be available at the gate as per the serial and as many as permitted for the day/session. We had dinner and had good sleep. 

Day 2 

We got up early and reached Navegaon gate before 5.30 Hrs. We found only one car before us at the gate. We went to gate office and booked a safari car and engaged a Guide. Safari car is for Rs. 600 and Guide Rs.350 (That's what I remember). Sky is clear and we found water of previous night's rain on the roads pot holes. We entered the forest by 5.45. Our guide said it is always advantage of more sightings if your car is first and it proved correct. 

Myself with wife and kids of Pandey

The first site before entering the core area

Second sighting a glimpse of bear  

Then a Jackal 

There were lot of birds and I could not shoot them as I do not have a proper lens. 

The same bear came out of the forest and crossed our path. 

We were told that Tiger will come here but after waiting enough time he did not turned up. 

There are many deers and Neelgai

Obviously not happy with our presence

Canter from Moharli gate 

Now many jeeps arrived and waiting at a water hole for the arrival of the Big Cat. 

But it did not show up and the our morning session ended. Little disappointed and our guide was telling us that people make more than six safaris and go back without seeing a Tiger. We had a booking for afternoon safari also. With a little hope we returned to our guest house. 

On the way back from morning safari

Padey with our Driver and Guide. 

Will continue with after noon Safari.. 
    • By Krishnan
      I am planning for a south India road trip in late April- 2019.

I will be starting from Hyderabad and would like to cover madurai, rameswaram, kodaikanal, kanyakumari and anything else across the same route. 

Need your expert guidance for this trip. I will be travelling with my wife and 7 yr old kid on Tata Nexon. 
       I need help in the best route to follow, hotels to stay etc..

Thanks.
      Krishna
    • By Ranger
      Go-Karting tracks in Hyderabad

1. Chicane Circuit (Leonia Shameerpet)

Length :
      1.2 kilometers (600 meters recreational : 1200 meters professional) 

Timings:
      Weekdays: 10 AM to 12 Midnight Weekends: 10 AM to 12 Midnight Monday Holiday  
      Pricing
      Baby Kart - 8 Laps INR 280/- Level 1 - 7 bhp - 12 Laps INR 370/- Level 1 - 7 bhp 10 mins INR 540/- Twin Kart - 7 Laps with Max of 5 Mins. INR 530/- Micro Max Kart INR 660/- Level 2 - 16 bhp 10 mins INR 1050/- Level 3 - Rotax (7 laps) INR 900/-  

• Gandikota meetup on January 26 and 27th