India-Drive
  • Welcome!

Welcome to India-Drive, Road trips and travel group. Please register to join us.

Sign in to follow this  
Ranger

Hyderabad to Koilsagar road trip

Hyderabad to Koilsagar photolog

DSC_0561-01.jpeg

Hyderabad to Koilsagar best route?

Hyderabad to Koilsagar has multiple route options. 

Distance :

140 kilometers from Gachibowli

Best route:
Hyderabad --> Jadhcharla --> Bhuthpur --> Devarkadra --> Koilsagar

Section between Bhuthput to Devarkadra will take you via village roads(narrow).
Drive cautiously. Many blind curves and bad roads.

Hyderabad to Bhutpur : Fantastic 4-lane
Bhutpur to Devarkandra : Village roads, few bad patches nothing alraming.
Devarkandra to Koilsagr : Roads are good!

Food options at Koilsagar?
You wont even find a single food stall near the lake.
You can get some food from near by villages, but it is better to carry your own food/water.

Best option is to pack your food and drive down.
You can buy food at Hotel 97/Food plaza on NH44 highway before Bhutpur. 

Offroad trail at koilsagar? Can small cars handle?
In order to enjoy the real beauty of Koilsagar, you need to drive down to the other side of the lake.
Trail is easy to drive, any car do it without any problem.
But during monsoon, it may get slippery, walk through the trail and judge the track before venturing. 

Koilsagar trail entrance?

Trail entry is present just before the village.
Google maps :GPS

Once you reach the above given destination, you will find two water tanks on your right side.
There are two trails adjacent to the water tanks.
Take the trail which is beside the second water tank(road is much better)

Satellite view of the Koilsagar trail(not avialable in google maps )

Capture.JPG

Best time to visit Koilsagar?

Koilsagar can be visited through out the year. 
Avoid the trail, during the peak monsoon, most of the place is submerged in water.
Sunset/Sunrise is the best time to visit in a day.

• Like 1

Since the weather turned out to be fantastic on the last weekend.
We decided to drive down to Koilsagar for quick breakfast drive.

IMG_20180317_063736-01.jpeg

Breakfast stop, NH44

IMG_20180317_072837-01.jpeg

We started at 6AM in the morning, we reached the destination by 9AM which includes a breakfast stop.

Koilsagar lake,surrounded by beautiful hilllock 

DSC_0530-01.jpeg

Since the area is flat..

DSC_0545-01.jpeg

We decided to reverse Creta on the waterbed for some pictures. 

DSC_0552-04-01.jpeg

DSC_0548-01.jpeg

DSC_0561-01.jpeg

DSC_0560-01.jpeg

DSC_0551-01.jpeg

• Like 1

We drove deep into the trial

DSC_0623-01.jpeg

DSC_0573-01.jpeg

DSC_0586-01.jpeg

Views are fantastic.

DSC_0576-01.jpeg

DSC_0634-01.jpeg

DSC_0600-01.jpeg

Few pictures of the trail

DSC_0678-02.jpeg

DSC_0679-01.jpeg

The end~

• Like 2

Excellent shot! Since my first trip started with this venue, it will be on the top of "can never forget" List!

• Like 2

Wow it looks like my Creta travelled without my presence to the Koilsagar! Though Car number is different!!!

Nice pictures!

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Pinaki said:

Excellent shot! Since my first trip started with this venue, it will be on the top of "can never forget" List!

Agree on it.
Definetly a must visit place around Hyderabad.

It great place fro camping enthuasts. 

14 hours ago, Sridhar Tandra said:

I hate you for not telling me about this drive

Drive was not preplanned. 
Weather is the culprit here.
Got a call early in the morning, I joined them. 

10 hours ago, sahil said:

Nice pictures!

wonderful pictures as always

18 hours ago, Pinaki said:

Excellent shot!

Thank you :D

• Like 2

I hate you for not telling me about this drive @Ranger @Sud :(:( But wonderful pictures as always at the ever beautiful Koilsagar!!

It was a sudden trip, only 4 member's 1 car

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

19 hours ago, Sridhar Tandra said:

I hate you for not telling me about this drive @Ranger @Sud :(:( But wonderful pictures as always at the ever beautiful Koilsagar!!

it was all of a sudden and we started 

• Like 2

Guest Manas

@Ranger Excellent information buddy. I have been here 2 weeks ago with my office colleagues after reading about it on this forum. Thanks for sharing such information about some offbeat and hidden beauty around Hyderabad. All I miss to see here is the 'Roadtrippin' tattoo on your car :D

On 3/19/2018 at 7:54 PM, Sridhar Tandra said:

It was indeed a last min plan, infact morning 2 am.

Blame the weather, it was awesome and perfect  and to end it all some amazing clicks and write up by @Ranger.

I suggest that @Sridhar Tandra@Pinaki shift close to the ORR exit.

There are more surprise trips every weekend.

Thanks @Ranger for the wonderful pics. 20180317095402_IMG_3414-01.jpeg.e4255e0b5b98b444726c27bcf7bee157.jpeg

• Like 3

Looking forward for a over night stay at Koilsagar soon... consider it to be a trial run to check if we can camp soon.... 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Sud said:

It was indeed a last min plan.... infact mornin 2 am... blame the weather... it was awesome... it was perfect ..... and to end it all some amazing clicks and write up by @Ranger... I suggest that @Sridhar Tandra@Pinaki shift close to the ORR exit... there are more surprise trips every weekend... Thanks @Ranger for the wonderful pics... 20180317095402_IMG_3414-01.jpeg.e4255e0b5b98b444726c27bcf7bee157.jpeg

I stay close to ORR, it is just a 10 minutes drive!

• Like 2

I can reach in 10 minutes, wherever I am if notified about these quick trips!! 

14 hours ago, Sud said:

It was indeed a last min plan.20180317095402_IMG_3414-01.jpeg.e4255e0b5b98b444726c27bcf7bee157.jpeg

You used to call me before, you ditched me :-( :-p

Next time please inform me!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Pinaki said:

I stay close to ORR, it is just a 10 minutes drive!

11 hours ago, Sridhar Tandra said:

Next time please inform me!

I think you guys should take initative for the next drive. :) 
Plan a drive a let us know, we will be happy to join. 

We can discuss about the next meetup on this link.

• Like 2

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Ranger
      A quick drive to Hidden Castle.
      Place is located around 100 kilometers from Hyderabad.

Road condition:
      4-lane with very few diversions. Once you hit the highway, You will reach the destination in an hour.

Food options on highway:
      Enroute you can find Haritha food court.

• By KSK
      Intro Rant:

Summers are always tricky. Most people don't prefer to venture out on a trip in summer, for obvious reasons. So, when I bounced an idea off a trip to Warangal this summer, everyone went nuts. They even ridiculed that I'm not in my senses. But I did not want to drop the idea just because someone feels it to be stupid. I needed a break from my monotonous work life, so I was adamant. I know my wife also wouldn't agree; even if she does, she doesn't come considering the weather, but I have to do the customary - inform. My son's response, quick as a wink, was "Let's do it". Wonderful kid. It took some collective effort by me and my son to get the go-ahead from the home minister. Phew!

Plan and Preparation:

Being a Kakatiya University graduate myself, I regret not exploring enough of Warangal (capital of Kakatiya Dynasty) for long, which is known for its rich history and heritage. Though it is well within 150 km distance from my hometown and also from Hyderabad, I did not specifically travel to see some of its historical places. So, it's that time again - One-day trip!

There was this understanding with my wife and me that any impromptu trip needs to be done and dusted same day. If it's feasible and possible then she and our daughter would also join. Otherwise, my only soul companion is my son on any given day. He can only match and endure my crazy schedule. But being peak summer, my wife was skeptical and worried about excessively hot weather. Only after explaining and reassuring about all necessary precautions taken, we were given the nod. I feel there is nothing like "perfect" time to travel. There is only convenient time. The more the amount of convenience the better. That's it. Peak season travel can bring expensive price tags, overcrowded tours, accommodation, parking and food problems etc. So sometimes off-season travelling could bring in some benefits. One such benefit is leisurely exploring the place in its entirety without hassle. In the end, it proved to be a wise decision as we could spend some quality time exploring the places (especially Laknavaram which is crowded during peak season).

Once the date (April 15th) was decided, it was only up to us on how many places we can cover in a day. We finalized 6 places. I've gone through Google maps for route and order of visit.

The Route:

Hyderabad -> Bhuvanagiri -> Yadadri -> Kazipet -> Warangal. 

This is the only route everyone takes from Hyderabad, but little did we know what was in store for us. The four-lane road is under construction from Yadadri (Yadagirigutta) to Warangal, and it is a 99-km section of National Highway–163 in Telangana. Lots of patches, diversions and traffic was allowed only on one side. It was a nightmare to drive with heavy oncoming truck traffic especially at night. It took nearly 4 hours to cover 145 odd KMs for return journey, excluding dinner time.

The Journey:

Below was the order of places we wanted to visit:

Bhadrakali Temple Warangal Fort Thousand-Pillar Temple Ramappa Temple Laknavaram Lake Pakhal Lake  
      Trip Details:

Total distance covered:  539 KM
      Total duration of the trip:  17 hours

Road Conditions:

NH163 - Yadadri to Warangal:  Quite a few diversions, patchy roads, potholes, and heavy truck traffic (at night). Other connecting roads are good to okay. If travelling to Pakhal lake from Laknavaram then do not blindly follow Google maps. It'll take you through some thandas.  We drove almost 6 KM through a thanda and got lost.  Just take left at Mallampalli and follow NH365 until Narsampet (Ambedkar statue), and then take left and follow Pakhal road till the lake.  
      Food Options:

Limited food options everywhere we visited except Warangal. At Laknavaram, food options available like lunch, but depends on the crowd. Better to carry home-made food to other places.  

Parking Facility:

Limited or no proper parking facilities at all places I visited. It'll be chaos at Laknavaram in peak season unless there is an alternative.  

• By sreeni
      Dear ALL,
      I am planning to travel to tirupati from Hyderabad by in a automatic car.
      Don't want to take bad roads. Can anyone please suggest the best route?
  • Our picks