India-Drive
  • Welcome!

Welcome to India-Drive, Road trips and travel group. Please register to join us.

Ranger

Hyderabad Weekend Getaways under 200 kilometers

I wud also suggest forest camping in eturunagaram.. it's almost like the end of Warangal. The river Godavari flows between the forest.. there is a forest guest house which can be opted for stay. Bogatha falls is very by :) :)

• Like 4

Bro this place looks like very less explored...
Did you visit that place recently? I am planning to go to this place.. The name itself sounds really crazy..
Was it haunted as well. Just kidding bro. Please share the pics if possible

• Like 5

Reservoir pictures are eye fest‚̧ūüėć

Whnpen does the gates open? This time the rainfalls are very less..

• Like 3

Think it will be the onset of Rainy season N good rains to enjoy, Nagarjuna Sagar, Kuntala Waterfalls, Srisailam...

Sent from my iPhone using India-Drive

• Like 3

2 hours ago, sbhamidi said:

Think it will be the onset of Rainy season N good rains to enjoy, Nagarjuna Sagar, Kuntala Waterfalls, Srisailam

Most of the locations in India are best to explore during monsoon and winter.

Hyderabad has geographical disadvantage. We need to travel at least 600+ kilometers for a proper hill station.

• Like 5

On 23/04/2017 at 2:01 PM, vaibhav.chaudhary2007 said:

weekend gateway within 100-150km

You can try Koilsagar as sree suggested.

• Like 3

Good to see more places adding up to the list.
I will try to add few more places, when I get time.
Will be very helpful for the road trip lovers.

• Like 1

Time to go Srisailam.. Dam is full and all gates must be open!!

Screenshot_20171011-170557.png

Sent from my S7 - Using India-Drive App

• Like 2

Hey @Ranger got to identify another quick getaway from Hyderabad near Jadcherla. This place is known as "The Mayuri Forest Park / Mayuri Ecopark". This place is perfect for adventure seeking folks who love Camping / Star Gazing. No specific accommodation except camping here but a lot of adventure activities. One of my friend has gone there with an adventure club for trekking last weekend and the place looks cool with some Snakes spotting. Attaching few pictures borrowed from him.

I am trying to get more information on local contact person at this place if a group want to go there, last weekend a group of 20 folks (Including a couple of my friends) have been here for via an adventure club in Hyderabad and paid ~700INR per head (Note: To the group organizers not Mayuri Eco Park) and were provided with Entry, Activities, Dinner and Breakfast. Heard Night trek is more fun than a day one here!! They found both Snakes while doing Night Trek only!

Will add few more pics of the Night Trek and their Tents as soon as I get it. Hope this information helps our adventure seeking / Star Gazing loving members a little away from Vikarabad!! :) 

DSC_7715.JPG

DSC_7747.JPG

DSC_7780.JPG

DSC_7817.JPG

DSC_7866.JPG

DSC_7869.JPG

DSC_7939.JPG

DSC_7990.JPG

DSC_8004.JPG

DSC_8034.JPG

DSC_8050.JPG

Edited by Sridhar Tandra
  • Like 2

Guest Hari

Hi @Sridhar Tandra,

This place looks perfect and new for a small team outing activity which I'm planning to organise this month. Thanks for sharing this information. Could you please share the contact number if any? That would be of great help. Thank you :)

On 2/28/2018 at 4:58 PM, Sridhar Tandra said:

"The Mayuri Forest Park / Mayuri Ecopark".

May be we can plan this once the monsoon kicks in.
I think it is better to avoid this place during summer?

• Like 1

On 3/2/2018 at 4:44 AM, Guest Hari said:

Hi @Sridhar Tandra,

This place looks perfect and new for a small team outing activity which I'm planning to organise this month. Thanks for sharing this information. Could you please share the contact number if any? That would be of great help. Thank you :)

Hi Hari, Sure I am in process of obtaining a local contact there at the location! Will keep you posted on this same thread.

3 minutes ago, Ranger said:

May be we can plan this once the monsoon kicks in.
I think it is better to avoid this place during summer?

Perfect!!

• Like 1

Recently one of our member shared this picture, any thoughts on the places listed below?

Source

Hyderabad: In its attempt to make people aware of the scenic beauties and hidden tourist hotspots, the State Forest Department on Friday introduced special eco-tourism packages in Jayashankar Bhupalpally district, a press release said.

The Forest Department has come out with three packages for nature lovers in order to showcase places like Eturunagaram Wildlife Sanctuary, Laknavaram lake, Bogatha Waterfalls, Sammakka Saralamma Jatara area, Kaleshwaram temple and Prathapagiri Kota in the district.
The special package of Rs 2,000 per tourist will cover tourist attractions like cycling, trekking, primitive human caves, blackberry island, Kondaveeti view point along with food and guide facilities.

Another package worth Rs 2,000 offers facilities like stay in a tent, camp fire, boating, island visit, trekking, journey on a bullock cart and even a lake view safari.

Keeping in mind the need of adventure seekers, Forest officials are also offering rock climbing, rappelling, trekking and bouldering activities, as part of the third package.

IMG-20180305-WA0003.jpg

• Like 2

Here follow top 10 destinations you can choose to visit on your weekend getaways within the distance of 200 kms from Hyderabad:

Osman Sagar Lake

Ananthagiri Hills

Nalgonda

Pakhal Lake and Wildlife sanctuary.

Bidar

Warangal

Nagarjunasagar

Mahbubnagar

Karimnagar

Nizamabad

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Mobile App downloads