Jump to content
India-Drive
  • Welcome!

    Welcome to India-Drive, Road trips and travel group. Please register to join us.

Abhisek Chakrabarti

Mumbai to Kolkata via Hyderabad

Recommended Posts

I am looking for a visit to Kolkata from Mumbai via Hderabad in May 2018.

In this regard please advise me the entire route.

I opted via Hyderabad as i come to know that via nagpur road is not so good.

Please also advise the route in between Solapur to Hyderabad.

Numbers of routes exist and i come to know Hyderabad --> Kalaburgai --> Solapur : Is current favorite. please guide for selecting route.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Abhisek Chakrabarti said:

I am looking for a visit to Kolkata from Mumbai via Hderabad in May 2018.

 

Would suggest you to split your plan to 3 days 

 

Day 1
Mumbai - Hyderabad : 700 kilometers

 

Route:

Mumbai --> Pune --> Solapur --> Akkalkot --> Aland --> Kalaburgai --> Humnabad --> Zaheerabad --> Hyderabad (uppal)

 

Mumbai to Solapur : Excellent 4-lane toll road
Solapur to Kalaburgai : Single lane road, road condition is good
Kalaburgai to Humnabad : single lane. average road
Humnabad to Hyderabad : Newly laid 4-lane road

Once you reach Hyderabad outskirts take the Hyderabad ORR and exit at a desired location do not enter into the city limits.
Plan your stay around ORR.

If it is day time stick to speed limits,  strictly stay below 100 km/hr, else prepare to pay 1400/-

 

Best hotels between Pune to Hyderabad sections. Neat washrooms. 

Shree veg, located between Solapur and Pune
Shree veg : 
https://goo.gl/maps/nwu3ozbLr732

 

Kalaburgai/Gulbarga
Hotel lumbinis grand : https://goo.gl/maps/S5qRYTksD892

 

 

Day 2

 

Hyderabad to Visakhapatnam

Roads are good can be easily done in a single day.

 

Start time : 4 AM

Distance : 670 kilometers

Drive time : 12 hours

Road condition : 4-lane toll road
Toll price : 660/-

 

Food options:
Breakfast stop : Hotel 7, Suryapet 
Lunch stop : Ram and Shyam, Ravulapalem

 

Route:
Hyderabad > Suryapet > Vijayawada > Rajahmundry > Visakhapatnam

 

Day 3

 

Visakhapatnam to Kolkata

Roads are good, we need to cover more ground.
Plan is to start as early as possible, have very minimal breaks en-route.

 

Start time : 4 AM

Distance : ~900 kilometers

Drive time : 16 hours

Road condition : 4-lane toll road
Toll price : 985/-

 

Food options:
Breakfast stop : Srikakulam
Lunch stop : Bhuvaneshwar 

 

Route:
Visakhapatnam > Srikakulam > Bhubneswar > Kharagpur > Kolkata

 

If you have any further questions do let me know.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you very much for your reply. In this i have few quarry. request you to please go through the same and provide your valuable advise.

 

1. What about the route Mumbai- Nagpur- Sambalpur- Kolkata ?

i heard that the road in between Nagpur and sambalpur is not good enough. Not only that Sambalpur to Kolkata route road condition is also not so good. Seek your advise in this. 

2. I heard that the stretch between Solapur and Kalaburgai has some bad patches. (around Akalkot). is the work for the same is completed now. My travelling time will be around 1st week of May 2018. 

3. Last day travelling 900 km will be compensated if i travel something more on 2nd day. hope the road condition will be good. then instead of staying at Visakhapatnamm what you suggust if i move some more km.

waiting for your valuable reply please 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Abhisek Chakrabarti said:

What about the route Mumbai- Nagpur- Sambalpur- Kolkata ?


Im not sure about the latest road condition.
But I would prefer Mumbai -> Hyderabad -> Kolkata route.
-Better roads

-No safety issues

-Plenty of food options

-Most of the stretch is 4-lane

-Safety during night driving 

 

20 minutes ago, Abhisek Chakrabarti said:

I heard that the stretch between Solapur and Kalaburgai has some bad patches. (around Akalkot).


It is just 1 kilometer bad patch no need to worry about.
Cars like Honda city(fully loaded) crossed it without any issue. 

It is just a bad road near a small village. 

 

20 minutes ago, Abhisek Chakrabarti said:

Last day travelling 900 km will be compensated if i travel something more on 2nd day. hope the road condition will be good.

 

I suggested to stay in Vishakapatnam because you have you good stay options.
Once you cross it, very minimal options available. 

 

Are you travelling with family? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/3/2018 at 3:17 PM, Abhisek Chakrabarti said:

 

Yeah

Dear Abhishek, Did you complete the Trip, Please share the Hotels you stayed. I am planning one for next month with my family.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, busykya said:

 Please share the Hotels you stayed. I am planning one for next month with my family.

 

In which places are you searching for hotels? and what would be your budget?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/2/2018 at 5:04 PM, Ranger said:

Mumbai --> Pune --> Solapur --> Akkalkot --> Aland --> Kalaburgai --> Humnabad --> Zaheerabad --> Hyderabad (uppal)

 

Now the roads are improved, it is better to stick with
Mumbai --> Pune --> Solapur--> Humnabad --> Zaheerabad --> Hyderabad (uppal)

 

No need to take Kalaburgai route.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, busykya said:

Hyderabad and Vizag, 

 

Since you are looking for a stop over in Hyderabad before you continue to Vizag, I would suggest you the hotels which are close to the outer ring road, budget friendly and extremely comfortable.

You can check out: Ella Hotels, OTM Mint Hotel, Jubilee Ridge, Deccan Serai, Lemon Tree, Red Fox, Minerva Grand and Daspalla Hotels.

For Vizag : Hotel Winsar Park, Best Western Ramachandra, Green Park are a few other options I would suggest.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, sagar said:

Thanks for the information, will check. Also wanted to know the current Road condition after Titli Storm, there was couple of video of overturned Trucks near Srikakulam. Hope everything is fine now. IS it advisable to Drive hyderabad to vizag at night or daytime is better ?

 

 

8 hours ago, sagar said:

Since you are looking for a stop over in Hyderabad before you continue to Vizag, I would suggest you the hotels which are close to the outer ring road, budget friendly and extremely comfortable.

You can check out: Ella Hotels, OTM Mint Hotel, Jubilee Ridge, Deccan Serai, Lemon Tree, Red Fox, Minerva Grand and Daspalla Hotels.

For Vizag : Hotel Winsar Park, Best Western Ramachandra, Green Park are a few other options I would suggest.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Roads are clear.
No need to worry about cyclone effect as long as you stick on to the NH(National Highway)

Hyderabad - Vizag,
Can be done during night, it is 4-lane with very few potholes.
But split your journey to 3 days!

Hyderabad to Vijayawada is excellent.
Once you cross Vijayawada, you come across village traffic and uneven roads.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/17/2018 at 5:53 AM, Ranger said:

Roads are clear.
No need to worry about cyclone effect as long as you stick on to the NH(National Highway)

Hyderabad - Vizag,
Can be done during night, it is 4-lane with very few potholes.
But split your journey to 3 days!

Hyderabad to Vijayawada is excellent.
Once you cross Vijayawada, you come across village traffic and uneven roads.
 

Thanks for the insights, I am all buckled up for the Road Trip next week. Not sure how the Journey unfold ?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 4:40 PM, busykya said:

Thanks for the insights, I am all buckled up for the Road Trip next week. Not sure how the Journey unfold ?

 

Wish you a happy journey and a safe drive.. Do update us back once you are done with the trip.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for the support and guidance, I have finally reached kolkata as per the plan. Left Mumbai early morning 3:00 AM on 3rd Nov and reached Kolkata on 5th November at 7:00PM in the evening. Halted at Hyderabad and Vizag. The Road was drivers delight and my family enjoyed the ride. Will post in details when i return back to Mumbai, There was a small incident which i will describe later ( My Car ABS was the reason My Family and I am safe).

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, busykya said:

I have finally reached kolkata as per the plan.

 

Great.

 

2 hours ago, busykya said:

Will post in details when i return back to Mumbai,

 

Waiting for the update.

 

2 hours ago, busykya said:

My Car ABS was the reason My Family and I am safe

 

ABS is very helpful on our unpredictably highways. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Siddhesh Assawa

Hi Guys,

I'll also be doing the stretch in March. I wanted to know what are the things/places i can cover in  3-4 hours in Hyderabad and Vizag when i reach during evenings.

Also i'm planning to take a night halt at puri-might as well finish puri beach, jagannath temple and konark temple.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Guest Siddhesh Assawa said:

Hi Guys,

I'll also be doing the stretch in March. I wanted to know what are the things/places i can cover in  3-4 hours in Hyderabad and Vizag when i reach during evenings.

Also i'm planning to take a night halt at puri-might as well finish puri beach, jagannath temple and konark temple.

 

Hi Siddhesh, Please share your exact plan with us so that we can suggest to you accordingly..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Guest Siddhesh Assawa said:

Hi Guys,

I'll also be doing the stretch in March. I wanted to know what are the things/places i can cover in  3-4 hours in Hyderabad and Vizag when i reach during evenings.

 

Go through this plan.

https://www.india-drive.com/index.php?/topic/1019-hyderabad-to-sikkim-road-trip/

 

Let us know the no. of days and plan.
So that we can help you with places to visit. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Gandikota meetup on January 26 and 27th

×