India-Drive
  • Welcome!

Welcome to India-Drive, Road trips and travel group. Please register to join us.

Last weekend, it was completely isolated.

If we go in a group, we can go down further(foot hills). 

Going alone to this place is not safe. 

• Like 6

Impressive place.

Nice work guys. 
Pictures look fabulous @Saran @Ranger and @vamsikrishna

Gottam gutta and waterfalls are two different locations?

Pictures shared by vamshikrishna has lot of greenery.
Did you visit during monsoon?
Waterfalls will be dry by now, If I am not wrong 
:(

On 12/6/2017 at 4:53 PM, Sridhar Tandra said:

will plan sometime after I return from Shabarimala

Please keep me in the loop, would love to join!

• Like 7

On 12/7/2017 at 10:00 AM, uday said:

Impressive place.

Nice work guys. 
Pictures look fabulous @Saran @Ranger and @vamsikrishna

thank you for your kind words :)

Yes the waterfalls I posted and gottamgutta are two different locations, may be around 15km. I can't recollect exactly but they are not close and if I'm not wrong the water from ethipoda flows into gottamgutta.
I visited the place in Sep 2015, after the first rains. As you can see the gottamgutta is empty when I was there.

• Like 5

You guys are true inspiration for the people who struggle to find out some good places around Hyderabad for weekend getaway.  Never heard about this place yet very nearby. Thanks for sharing guys. Kudos!! And, as always, pictures are really great! 

• Like 5

[mention=1]Ranger[/mention], [mention=488]Saran[/mention].. You guys are true inspiration for the people who struggle to find out some good places around Hyderabad for weekend getaway.  Never heard about this place yet very nearby. Thanks for sharing guys. Kudos!! And, as always, pictures are really great! 

Thanks a lot bro
  • Like 3

On 12/5/2017 at 9:47 AM, Ranger said:

No timings, would suggest you to avoid the place during the night time. Early morning is the best time to visit.
No entry fee.

Thank you for the update.

Adding few points from my research.

This place has multiple names.

• Gottamgutta
  • Gottam gotta

While using google maps, we should search for Chincholi wild life sanctuary. 

Also other side of the water body is called chandrampally.

According to the reports Gottamgutta side view is much better than Chandrampally.

• Like 4

"As soon as we entered the Karnataka border, there were tourism boards.
We were impressed for sure, they have built roads in such a remote area to promote tourism."

Yes. thats true.

Been to Apsarkonda, Karnataka, India recently. Its on the way to Murdeshwar from Gokarna.

The place looks like remote, there is only a village near by and no bug city near. But I see well laid roads, Park on the Hill so clean and neat. Amazingly, the staff and parking guy are on duty by 9AM.

• Like 4

On ‎23‎-‎12‎-‎2017 at 11:06 AM, subrahmanyam248 said:

Not sure what's wrong... Not able to see pictures

I am able to see the pictures, I think you need to clear the cache memory in your device and reload the page again :)

• Like 4

On ‎24‎-‎12‎-‎2017 at 1:08 PM, suniljgbt said:

Bro...is it family safe? Also any perticular places to visit nearby..?

It is definitely safe to be there but better to go in group :)

• Like 3

Guest Sanam

Wow, Lovely pictures. Never heard of this place. Looks perfect for an early morning drive. Any breakfast options enroute gottamgutta? I shall try to plan a breakfast drive with my family coming weekend.

So this destination is ideal during monsoon?

Is it safe for trekking?

Place looks very isolated from the images.

I don't think this is family safe place!

Interesting to see such a place. 

I guess it is Karnataka boarder. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, driveking said:

So this destination is ideal during monsoon?

Yes, it should be good to go in monsoon.
But I'm not sure about the mud track.

A vehicle with good GC can do it easily, there can be some slush.

There are small waterfalls, which will be active during monsoon.

39 minutes ago, driveking said:

Is it safe for trekking?

Safety can be an issue.

Place is not commercial.

39 minutes ago, driveking said:

I guess it is Karnataka boarder. 

Yes, It is in Telangana and Karnataka boarder.

But this place comes under Karnataka.

They developed this place for tourism.

This shows  their commitment of Karnataka tourism, 

They came all the way and created a tourist destination in such an isolated place. 

It worth a one time visit, early morning would be ideal. 

• Like 2

Interesting place.

Now Karnataka tourism should build a resort over the hill edge!

I bet many Hyderabadies will drive down. 

• Like 2

had gone to the zaheerabad stretch over the weekend but just did not go the complete way thinking going alone is neither safe nor recommended

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ksa171983 said:

had gone to the zaheerabad stretch over the weekend but just did not go the complete way thinking going alone is neither safe nor recommended

Not safe to go alone.
Place is very secluded.

Recent lynching incident in Bidar, kills the confidence further.  

New highway to Zaheerabad is fun to go on a quick getaway. 

How is the traffic? 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Ranger said:

New highway to Zaheerabad is fun to go on a quick getaway. 

How is the traffic? 

yep .. just drive and keep driving :)

Traffic wise i did not face any trouble .. occasional idiotic folks but otherwise it was smooth..

I did not go through the ORR.. i drove only through the mumbai highway ..

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Ranger said:

Updating few latest pictures shared by Rahul Sharma.

Nice pictures @rahul sharma. The place looks very much green and with this lovely weather in Hyderabad right now, I feel this could be perfect in the early morning breeze :) 

• Like 2

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By travel.rtc
      *** Even Though this Travel is done back in march ,  by Sleeper Bus and Flight - I think its eligible to get into this Section as I would post pictures  of Road and Few Places of interest. ***

Well The Most Asked Question either in ID whatsApp or Facebook  - Which Route is Best from Hyderabad to Goa and Back.
       -- Teaser Pic

This was done in March and my friend  had to attend an Meeting in Goa - He booked ticket for me But I have  missed out the flight from Hyderabad became blessing in disguise .
       I have booked  VRL travels Sleeper coach Bus to reach Goa the Next day where I could enjoy the journey and being a road enthusiast I preferred sitting in Cabin and Enjoy instead of the sleeper Berth - somehow i felt the sleeper berth cramp and bumpy 
      Bus was scheduled at 19:00 hrs Departure and boarding was at Lakdikapul , where a mini bus took all of us to Aaramgarh , Reached Aaramgarh by 19:00 , but had to wait about half-an hour for the Bus to arrive   .
                      Bus was almost Full and it is due to they have adjusted passengers who booked AC  Seater bus into here   - Where as I have paid 1700+ for sleeper Bus and people who booked 800Rs Ticket were fortunate enough to get into sleeper Bus
      - Picked up a passenger in between , near Shamshabad and slowly Bus picked up and reached a Dhaba Near Jadcherla  for Dinner Break - I had food packed from home and as per fellow passengers food was pathetic and hotel was just OK.
      -- Bu Stared from Jadcherla and took Mahabubnagar road  and below route was taken
        MahabubNagar - Raichur - Madgal - BagalKot- Belgaum - ChorlaGhat - Goa
      -- Below was the Road condition
      Hyderabad - MahabubNagar : Road was Good
      MahabubNagar - Raichur : Road works were on then and little diversions too
      Raichur - Madgal - Bagalkot : Its double road and we have to get down whenever an bigger vehicle or 4 wheeler came from opposite end  and Needless to say while in Karnataka Expect many speed breakers too ..
      Bagalkot - Belgaum : Road was good .. Reached early in the Morning - Hence it was easy to cross Belgaum

Belgaum to Start of the Ghat Road - it was double road and being early morning there was some truck traffic and also travel buses reaching Belgaum , Many people were doing walking /jogging by the side of the road and seen some people doing Yoga too  
      Needs to be careful while driving at the stretch
      --- Once reaching the start of the Ghat Bus has stopped at decent Hotel for Bio Break and it was around 6:00 A:M in the Morning.
      It took around 3 hours to reach Goa [Private Buses Parking Yard] as road was through Ghats  , Some rural villages and little delay at check posts - Being Morning time encountered little traffic reaching Goa ]

Stayed a Hotel Govia Homes Near Candolim Beach - Hotel was home stay kind and had good swimming pool - Able to tour only Candolim and Baga Beaches and a guided tour with mini bus provided 
       All beaches that i have toured were well maintained maximum care is taken to avoid plastic - even though boozing is not allowed at sea shore near by Beaches but i could see few people doing that 

Goa is Pretty costly and Bargain is the funda works here - never hesitate to bargain if you are shopping in the shops road by and Near beaches too
      Food is pathetic and costly especially people from Telangana and Andhra would find food not so good , me being vegetarian has less options to chose and my friends who took non veg said its pathetic and not for spice lovers ..I have seen few people from TS and AP getting Induction stoves and cooking as they found food very very waste in taste .

-- I think there is very much to explore in Goa Beyond Beaches and Booze , something that always pulls back to the place may be its weather , people  or its picturesque locations and Beautiful Beaches   - that might be the reason people  always wants to make it despite of the hard roads and other reasons like cost and stay options - There is always something more left to explore in Goa as per the conversations with people and foreigners who were visiting for nth time who are always finding a new place and Goa wears  different colors accordingly to the different seasons

• By ADITYAAA
      Here's my query regarding the road trip from Hyderabad to Goa in a car.
      I need suggestions of the routes and any stop by places or spots to visit.  
      Helpfully with food places to have breakfast, lunch and dinner ( which probably may be in Goa)  and since this will be in July 2019
      I need some latest suggestions please.

TIA
    • By RoyallyAditya
      Need route information from Hyderabad to Kanyakumari.
      Planning to  include Arunachalam, Pondicherry, Rameshwarm,Madhurai. etc

Please share your inputs and route plans. 
    • By Musafir
      We recently had a trip from Hyderabad to Bidar. Me with my wife and two other friends started at morning 6  o'clock and returned to Hyderabad by 6:45 pm. 

Trip Details:
      Date: 29 June 2019
      Places Visited: Bidar Fort, Rangeen Mahal, Guru Nanak Jhira Sahib
      Route: Madhapur - Chanda Nagar - Zaheerabad - Bidar Fort
      Distance Covered: 266.4 km

There was plan to visit Bidar along with Gulberga but we canceled Gulberga as we wanted to have a one day trip without hassle. Its just start of monsoon so weather was cool and while returning it rained little. So overall it was a nice trip. Attaching few pictures taken.

Inner Ring Road, Bidar

Bidar Fort and Rangeen Mahal

Gurudwara Nanak Jhira
      Bahamani Tombs

Hazrath Multani Baba Dargah

Breakfast: At Hyderabad Delight Restaurant. They have all south indian items like idli, dosa, puri. Food was tasty and good. Irani tea was awesome. Car parking is available. 

Lunch: At Royal Anmol Deluxe Family Restaurant. We had Dum Biryani and Chicken Drumstick. Good ambiance and food quantity but taste was average. There is a small car parking but you have to park on road side if you are travelling on weekends.

For info about upcoming trips follow us.
      instagram: musafir_ds

Hope you have liked our topic.
      Thanks
      Musafir
  • Our picks