Your content will need to be approved by a moderator
Western Ghats exploration drive meet - Report
India is blessed to have the best of landscapes offering enthralling views & jaw dropping backdrops and We throttled down to explore our piece of paradise as we always do it.
Start point - Gachibowli (ORR)
End point - Pune (Hinjewadi)
Start time - 05:30 a.m.
Total Distance - ~1300 kms
Objective - Western ghats exploration, Matheran, Lonavla and Lohagad.
1) Volks Wagen Polo (Red)
2) Volks Wagen Polo (Red)
3) Hyundai i20 (Black)
4) Swift Dzire (Pacific Blue)
5) Volks Wagen Ameo (Toffee Brown)
6) Maruti Suzuki Ertiga (Brick Red)
7) Maruti Suzuki SX4 (Azure Grey)
😎 Hyundai Creta (White)
9) Jeep Compass (Red)
Hyderabad (Gachibowli) --> Zaheerabad --> Humnabad --> Solapur --> Indapur --> Hinjewadi (Pune)
1) Lohagad fort
2) Pavna Lake
3) Lonavla, Khandala
Day 1 : Hyderabad to Pune drive details
- Started at 5:30 AM in the morning ( due some delays)
- Breakfast stop at around 7:30 AM at Hotel Mahindra Paradise
- Very few options on this section due to new roads
- Road between Hyderabad to Humnabad is excellent.
- Humnabad to Solapur is pathetic, some sections are too narrow.
- Solapur to Pune is excellent, but recently new have installed speed bumps near villages.
- We had a lunch break at some road side restaurant.
- We reached Pune by 6PM.
- According to admins, we are very quick compared to last drive.
- During last drive they reached Pune at 7PM (started at 4AM)
- I think roads improved!
- We checked into Hotel Siesta which is excellent (Frankly, I did not expect such a luxurious rooms for the price)
Day 2 : Pune to Lohagad fort
- We started at 7/8 AM from Pune
- Since our accommodation is in outskirts.
- We reached highway within 10 minutes
- We had breakfast stop Kamat.
- Pune to Lohagad roads are scenic.
- We reached Lohagad, explored the fort and had lunch break.
- We drove to Lonavala, Tiger view point, We are literally above clouds in some sections.
- We reached Pune by night
Day 3 : Pune to Matheran
-We repeated the same schedule of Day2, till breakfast.
- We hit the famous Mumbai-Pune expressway
- I can clearly see everyone is pushing their cars, it was pure fun for drivers.
- Best experience of Mumbai-Pune expressway is during monsoon.
- Once we divert from expressway, roads to Mahteran are pathetic.
- It took us hours to complete 80 kilometres.
- I loved Mathern, they don't even allow cycles.
- Only transport option by walk or horse.
- Hotels on the hill top are below average.
- While driving back we reached pretty quick on the same route.
- We reached to Pune to 9PM
Day 4 : Pune to Hyderabad
- Drive is was uneventful
- It is similar to Day1
Apart from 1 Polo puncture, drive is fantastic throughout four days.
Hyderabad : Solapur : Pune : Lohagad fort : Lonavala : Pune : Matheran : Pune : Solapur : Hyderabad
Hyderabad to Solapur :
Hyderabad to Humnabad is good and Humnabad to Solapur is bad
Solapur to Pune :
Very good, but i have seen some uneven sections, It is no where close to Hyderabad-Bangalore sections
Pune to Lohagad:
Road are narrow scenic and good
Loahagad to Lonavala
Roads are bad
Lonavala to Pune
Road are excellent
Pune to Matheran
It is a mix of good and pathetic roads
This is my first post in this group and i am very much excited to share my road trip details.
Please excuse me about my English..
Hyderabad to vizag via vijayawada in car.
Vizag to araku in kirandal passenger train.
Vizag to hyderabad via viajayawada in car.
Hyderabad to vizag in car.
We are total 5 friends and planned for a road trip since 3 months.
We have decided to share money (we call it advd (evadi money vadey) in telugu😁).
So on day one we collected 2000 from each person.
Here is our humble partner in crime.
and the journey starts
Group picture taken after crossing Rajahmundry!
We finished our lunch at Ravulapalem at one of our friends home and moved on to vizag.
Scenic beauty and excellent roads between Ravulapalem and Vizag.
We have reached vizag by 7:30 and decided to spend some time at beach.
We had dinner and local bandi and ate paratas for the night .
1. total cost: 5000 including breakfast+diesel+dinner.
2. Room cost: 1600 for 24 hours.
3. Distance covered : around 800 Km ( I am the solo driver, I love driving, I avoid passenger seat )
Vizag to Araku in kirandul passenger.
Locals and hotel people suggested that best way to visit araku is experiencing kirandul passnger.
It goes through 25+ tunnels to reach araku.
Train starts exactly at 6:50AM from vizag and reaches araku at 11AM.
Here are the some pics from train journey.
After reaching Araku,
we decided to visit borra caves.
Aruku to Borra caves took us 20 to 30 minutes in a bus.
Pictures of Borra caves
We came back to Vizag in same kirandul passenger in after noon.
We called it a day and took the rest for the night.
Day 2 details:
Total cost : around 2500 including all food expenses + train tickets + entry tickets at borra caves
Room cost: 1600 for another 24 hours.
Vizag to Hyderabad in a car
Our return journey was more exciting as slight drizzle is there in through out the journey and most of the roads are empty.
Here are some pics from return journey.
We reached home by 9 at night. we drove lazily and stopped more times to enjoy weather.
total cost: 5000 including breakfast+diesel+dinner (as ususal my friends mother took care of our lunch at ravulapalem)
Total expenditure : 15000 including some misc expenditure. We divided this between 5 of us... 3000 per head
1. Please bare with bad image quality. next time we try with better cameras.
2. We travel to enjoy driving and roads and not to see destinations. so, normally we just decide and drive off randomly.
3. What ever the image size i am uploading it is enlarged in the post.
4. Please add us into your whats app group. we are very much interested in road trips in cars.
Mobile App downloads