India-Drive
  • Welcome!

Welcome to India-Drive, Road trips and travel group. Please register to join us.

shammy

Hyderabad to Hamsaladeevi Beach - A hidden paradise, Andhra Pradesh

Superb pics and it definitely looks like a place to explore before it gets commercialized.. An add-on to my 'To drive' list ..Thanks a ton :)

Yeah it is one of cleanest beach on that belt. Accommodation is only a issue.

Best option is to stay at Vijayawada, Pack you stuff and drive down to Hamsaladeevi.

• Like 1

Beautiful review of a place... I plan to visit this place next week.. :D

Make sure you carry everything from Vijayawada.

It is a perfect place for camping. But I am not sure if it is allowed.

• Like 1

Hello Team,

I'm doing this tomorrow. Just wanted to understand how is the road condition between nagayalanka and hamsaladeevi....Driving the car till the shore isn't a bad idea ?

• Like 1

Hello Team,I'm doing this tomorrow. Just wanted to understand how is the road condition between nagayalanka and hamsaladeevi....Driving the car till the shore isn't a bad idea ?
It is below average but nothing alarming. Single lane roads passing through small villages.Make sure you pass through each and every village mentioned in the route.Once you reach Hamsaladeevi in order to take your car onto the beach use the approach ramp.You can find the approach ramp near a two storied building which is visible from the beach.Hamsaladeevi to Sagar sagammam is a 2 kilometer drive on the sand bed. You can follow the tracks. Do not divert unless you travelling on a 4x4 SUV with a low range gear box.Locals try to discourage you as they want us to use their Jeeps and Autos. But we have seen many small cars doing the route without an issue.Let me give you a graphical example to get better understanding.

map.jpg

P : PathB : BuildingP1 ---> Tar Road (your approach to beach)B1 --> Two store Building with dolphin symbols has a constructed ramp for vechicles.B2--> Building near Sagar SangamamP2--->Lake bed (solid sand track)P3---> Sand track to beachP4---> Solid sand track
  • Drive from B1 to B2 : using P2
  • B2 to River
  • River to Beach using P4 (Which is along the river)
  • Don't use P1 and P3 because there is loose sand at the end. There are chances of getting stuck. (But still check and decide on your instincts)

Let me know if you have any questions. Update us back when you are done with your travel flag

map.jpg.e1d4ea39b98d224d20ce125bc4883ec2.jpg

• Like 3

That's so crystal clear and more than sufficient for anybody to take this drive... Good map buddy.. and Good luck and safe drive  :)

• Like 1

Nice information @gowtham

It will be helpful for the first timers.

4x4 Seems ideal for this place to explore more. Did you face any challenge, while driving on the sand bed?

• Like 1

sagar said:
That's so crystal clear and more than sufficient for anybody to take this drive... Good map buddy.. and Good luck and safe drive.
Nice information @gowtham

It will be helpful for the first timers.

4x4 Seems ideal for this place to explore more. Did you face any challenge, while driving on the sand bed?

We did this route on a Honda city which has very low ground clearance. You don't need a 4x4. We didn't face any challenge as we used the already existing tracks.:P

• Like 1

Really sorry for the late update. Gowtham that was just awesome information from you or may be you should start writing tour books (Just kidding).

I have been to hamsaladeevi last week. I've one of my frnd at nagayalanka which made accommodation and food easy for us.

We took the route Hyd - Vjy- Avanigadda - Nagayalanka. We followed a route from Nagayalanka to Hamsaladeevi which is single lane road amidst villages all the way till beach. Road condition is average and better than I've expected. Journey from Nagayalanka is almost 35 km which took 1 hours for us.

Unlike Suryalanka you will find very few people here. I'd rather say It's best beach for the people looking for privacy. We haven't been to sagara sangamam for some reasons.

Overall it was a nice experience. I did this in Dzire, No issues with Dzire Ground clearance or any other thing which will be a green light to almost all the domestic Indian cars. However I didn't take car till the shore.

Incase if you wanna make it to sagamam, Take the route suggested by gowtham. Drive along seashore only if you and your car has got enough skills.

PS: I found the soil of this beach is little different from the ones I've visited. Its little black just so you all know.

• Like 1

santosh said:
Really sorry for the late update. Gowtham that was just awesome information from you or may be you should start writing tour books (Just kidding).

I have been to hamsaladeevi last week. I've one of my frnd at nagayalanka which made accommodation and food easy for us.

We took the route Hyd - Vjy- Avanigadda - Nagayalanka. We followed a route from Nagayalanka to Hamsaladeevi which is single lane road amidst villages all the way till beach. Road condition is average and better than I've expected. Journey from Nagayalanka is almost 35 km which took 1 hours for us.

Unlike Suryalanka you will find very few people here. I'd rather say It's best beach for the people looking for privacy. We haven't been to sagara sangamam for some reasons.

Overall it was a nice experience. I did this in Dzire, No issues with Dzire Ground clearance or any other thing which will be a green light to almost all the domestic Indian cars. However I didn't take car till the shore.

Incase if you wanna make it to sagamam, Take the route suggested by gowtham. Drive along seashore only if you and your car has got enough skills.

PS: I found the soil of this beach is little different from the ones I've visited. Its little black just so you all know.

Thank you for sharing the update :clap:

How are the temperatures now?

Waiting for some pictures now :)

PS: You can start a new topic or add some pictures to the this topic. Remember to limit to 5 pictures per post(suppose if you have 20 picture post them in 4 back to back posts) so that it will be easy to edit.

• Like 1

sorry for the late replies. We have been to beach @ 9 am on sunday morning. Temperature was better than what we expected near the beach, but once we are back to nagayalanka village things got horrible, too much humidity, May be this isn't the best time to visit :)

• Like 1

santosh said:
sorry for the late replies. We have been to beach @ 9 am on sunday morning. Temperature was better than what we expected near the beach, but once we are back to nagayalanka village things got horrible, too much humidity, May be this isn't the best time to visit :)

Temperature will be unquestionably high during March and April. It was cool when we visited this place in January.

Worst part is we cannot even find a patch of shade to hide away from sun.

In this two months it is better to visit early in the morning or late in the evening.

• Like 1

Visited this beach last week.

Amazing place. Best place to visit in winter.

Clean and less crowded. Had lots of driving on sand beds.

Felt like driving in deserts. Amazing experience.

Roads are good too.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, sbhamidi said:

A wonderful post on a wonderful place.... A jewel on a jewel app I just noticed.. thanks for the share.

We explored this place in Winter, it is still untouched beauty, Zero commercial crowd.
No food and stay options available.
We carried own food and had a good family outing. Would suggest you to visit this place in winter.

• Like 2

Make sure you carry everything from Vijayawada.
It is a perfect place for camping. But I am not sure if it is allowed.

Camping is fine a few from my office did it a few months back

Sent from my iPhone using India-Drive
  • Like 1

Feels so good listening to the fact that camping there would be fine as it going to be done in a deserted beach side. Thanks a ton for sharing such useful information@sbhamidi

• Like 2

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Ranger
      Day 0 : Hyderabad 14th December

Medical check list:
      Crocin - body pains and fever Metrogyl - motions Avomine - motion sickness  Surbex- T multivitamin - resistance  Band aids - safety Soframycin ointment - safety Wikoryl - sore throat and cold Diamox - Altitude sickness  
      Vehicle check list 
      Periodic Service and all liquids top up Wheel alignment and balancing, check tyres for punctures, check spare wheel Jumper cables (available at Ranijung)   Towing ropes and  hooks (available at Ranijung)   Air pump Spare bulbs Torch  Duct tape  Knife/scissors Zip ties  Basic tool kit Dash cam Car charger (two, front/rear) PUC (pollution)   
      Camera check list :
      Don't forget to empty memory cards Tripod stand Action Camera Car mount Chargers and extra batteries  Gimbal  
      Personal check list 
      Passport Passport size photos Original license Original RC Original Insurance AAdhar card
    • By kishorerao
      Guys can someone please suggest the route and pit-stops to ooty from Hyderabad and best place to stay in ooty
      I'm planning to go on 16th December 2018

• By uday
      Hi All,

Please share your best mobile picture. 

Rules:
      Shot should be landscape  Share some information like location/object name etc Add mobile name No category restriction, can be anything.   
  • Mobile App downloads