• Registration

Please register to post.

• Group Chat

Hyderabad :

Join the Hyderabad Road trip group.

shammy

Hyderabad to Hamsaladeevi Beach - A hidden paradise, Andhra Pradesh

Hyderabad to Hamsaladeevi Beach - A hidden Paradise

After a long wait for the December trip, we kick started our vacation to the most beautiful Hamsaladeevi beach located in the Krishna district, Andhra Pradesh.

Usually many of them skip this place due to lack of accommodation, but you will find a decent stay in Vijayawada which is around 80 kms approximately from Hamsaladeevi. It is definitely worth travelling so far to see the beauty of this Sagara Sangamam, where river Krishna meets the Bay of Bengal.

We started at an early hour from Hyderabad and reached Vijayawada by 10 AM and checked into the OYO hotel. There are no food joints available at Hamsaladeevi beach so we packed the lunch from the hotel and headed out. Vijayawada to Hamsaladeevi drive took us 3 hours with some breaks.

Hamsaladeevi village is 24 kms away from Avanigadda and we reached Hamsaladeevi by 3 PM. After a long drive from Hyderabad, there was an adrenaline rush gushing out to see this most beautiful place and couldn't wait to snap the sandy beach and the 'river-beach' meeting point. This point is 2 km away from the beach (From Hamsaladeevi village, beach is 4 kms) and we drove our car on the beach side shore to the port to see the confluence.

16.jpg

Distance : 376 km

Ride: Honda City

Fuel : Petrol

Mileage : 15 kmpl

Hotel : OYO rooms (2000/- per night)

Best Route 2016

Hyderabad --> Suryapet --> Vijayawada -->Pedapulipaka --> Madduru --> Thotlavalluru --> Nimmagadda --> Avanigadda --> Nagayalanka --> Chodavaram --> Hamsaladeevi Beach

Note: Don't take any diversions from the mentioned route else you might end up between bad conditioned roads and longer distances as you pass 

• Like 3

Hamsaladeevi village welcoming us with the beautiful hay bundle

1.jpg

We found ourselves so lucky on our way to the beach as this empty land had offered us a chance to sight the meeting point closer. Usually, it is filled with water during high tides and heavy rains.

2.jpg

City showing off ;)

3.jpg

Getting ready for the drive on the sand bed. It is a 3 kilometers drive to reach the meeting point

4.jpg

On our way to the river Krishna and Bay of Bengal meeting point

5.jpg

This sandy land had some air to breathe ;)

6.jpg

As the port has heavy Tidal waves, we can see slight difference in water colour. But you can figure out the meeting point from a distance with the waves striking the river.

7.jpg

Even our city wants to pose with the beach

8.jpg

One more click please, says the city to the photographer ;)

9.jpg

Fishermen on their duty.

10.jpg

• Like 1

Capturing the leafy moments

11.jpg

And the boats went deep into the ocean and faded away.

12.jpg

The port area

13.jpg

14.jpg

Have you ever seen a Honda city shying off at the river ;)

15.jpg

The sticks in the background are clear indicators of the water depth.

16.jpg

Leafy moments II

18.jpg

Random click. Can anyone figure out?

19.jpg

All set to go on a beach drive

20.jpg

• Like 1

Here we go, The beautiful Bay of Bengal

21.jpg

The sand bed is at a same level for until 1 km, we haven't risked further though ;). It is a paradise for the swimmers.

22.jpg

Mr.Sun welcoming us for a free tan on the beach.

23.jpg

You can see people going a little further into the sea and still at a same height.

25.jpg

Huge waves kicking in some fun.

26.jpg

The other side of the beach has an extraordinary view.

27.jpg

One of the best is, crabs building their homes by sand balls with beautiful designs everywhere.

28.jpg

• Like 1

Our return journey pumped us with a small stream line with the beautiful greenery on either side.

29.jpg

We were in awestruck by seeing this natural view with a combination of green and brownish red.

30.jpg

Fisherman take their boats from here towards the river.

31.jpg

Road to Vijayawada gave us "Stress free journey".

32.jpg

This amazing fields on our way back to home, made our trip complete.

33.jpg

Mr. Sun waving Good-bye to us ;)

34.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Excellent pictures shammy.

It truly looks like a paradise.

A new place added to Hyderabad weekend getaway list.​Thank you for sharing :D.

Such a beautiful trip.. Your drive has been a visual spectacle with some brilliant pics and yes as Gowtham said, another place for a weekend getaway from Hyderabad.. Cheers ..!!! :D

How come people missed out on such a lovely place which is so close to Hyderabad and Vijayawada.

@ Shammy Nice exploration.. your literary will be very helpful for people who wish to visit for the first time :).

For Hamsaladeevi trip,I can help you with stay and food at Devarapalli Village,which comes after Thotlavalluru, which is on the way to Hamsaladeevi.From Devarapalli village,Hamsaladeevi is further 60 KM.

It would be good if you can spend two days for this trip.You can start Saturday early morning @4AM,you can reach Devarapalli @ 9 AM.You can fresh up, have break Fast pack the lunch and leave to Hamsaladeevi. Have fun At Hamsaladeevi and come back by evening to guest house at Devarapalli and have light snacks and can roam at Devarapalli Village just 1/2(Half) KM away from Krishna River and have dinner and sleep.

Morning you can wake up(Sunday Morning) have break fast and can enjoy SUN RISE at Krishna river and enjoy the greenery fields till afternoon.

Have lunch at Devarapalli Village and start to Hyderabad @3PM.You will reach Hyderabad @8PM. Reach Home,sleep well and start the work by Monday Morning!!!

For any assistence you can message me.

• Like 2

Another unexplored place. Even though I travel a lot couldn't get any information about this place.

Picture are very beautiful. Fed up with Suryalanka beach as the crowd is very high during holidays.

Added this place to my check list. Excellent share 

For Hamsaladeevi trip,I can help you with stay and food at Devarapalli Village,which comes after Thotlavalluru, which is on the way to Hamsaladeevi.From Devarapalli village,Hamsaladeevi is further 60 KM.

Will message you if I need any stay.:D

Amazing pictures.

Sand bed drive looks fantastic. Any chances of vehicle getting stuck?

Looks we cannot drive on the sand bed during rains.

This places looks clean and far better than the Baptla beach which is getting overly crowded during weekends.

Always want to drive the car on a beach, but I never got a chance. Will visit this place for sure. Nice share.

Hey Shammy thanks a lot for sharing the details. If we are going do we have to book the hotel in advance or getting accommodation will be easy?

Excellent pictures shammy.

It truly looks like a paradise.

A new place added to Hyderabad weekend getaway list.Thank you for sharing

Such a beautiful trip.. Your drive has been a visual spectacle with some brilliant pics and yes as Gowtham said, another place for a weekend getaway from Hyderabad.. Cheers ..!!!

Nice exploration.. your literary will be very helpful for people who wish to visit for the first time
Added this place to my check list. Excellent share .

Thank you all. May be we can include this place for the next india-drive meet?

Sand bed drive looks fantastic. Any chances of vehicle getting stuck?

Locals discourage you to take your own vehicle as they want to charge money for the trip.

There is no problem as long as you follow the track. If you want to make your own road you defiantly need a 4*4.

Any car can do the regular track.

Hey Shammy thanks a lot for sharing the details. If we are going do we have to book the hotel in advance or getting accommodation will be easy?

Hey Kulmeet,

Stay at Vijayawada is not a problem.There are plenty of OYO rooms available.

Even though if you use Google maps make sure you go through each and every place given in the route.

Let me know If you need any further information.:cooler:

Can we camp at the beach ?

I think it is not safe to camp on the beach, unless you are in a large group.

I think it is not safe to camp on the beach, unless you are in a large group.

Hmm.. True, I am trying to contact any local at that place. I got plans.. :D

Hmm.. True, I am trying to contact any local at that place. I got plans.. :D

Please update us with your findings, It will be helpful for others.:cooler:

Superb pics and it definitely looks like a place to explore before it gets commercialized.. An add-on to my 'To drive' list ..Thanks a ton :)

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Pinaki
      If you read and think I am exaggerating, fabrication is just another style of Pinaki.... I go on my knees to say, I am little mad for beaches and this beach just unveiled the beauty of AP coastal line when I visited Chirala for the first time. I do carry the good memories and excitement in me b'coz it was planned overnight ( in less than 12 hours ) and did bring a name on my list that I can definitely visit more than once . 

There are two ways to reach this spot.
      You can either start early - take Nagarjuna Sagar Road, enjoy the sunrise , stop at Ethipothala waterfalls, click some pictures go towards Chilakaluripet and go towards Chirala.  This route is not excellent or best road to drive and enjoy end to end though the first two spots are great to start your day and lose sometimes on way to Chirala  

Early Morning picture towards Nagarjuna Sagar

Other Option
      Sunrise Picture.

Ethipothala waterfalls inside the property of Haaritha. 

Take ORR - Exit gate 11 - Take Nalgonda

Second route and recommended.
      Take ORR - Exit gate 11 - Take Nalgonda Road - Miriyalguda - Piduguralla - Narasaraopet - Chirala. Total Distance - 336 kms.  The road is pretty good and have scenic beauty. You can definately mainatain a speed of 100 -120.  There are three toll gates on the way. 
      It takes 6 hours . We did start at 3.30 in the morning , had a break at Piduguralla and reached Chirala by 10.15 am. 

Stay 
      Chirala has very limited options. I have tried my luck at two different spots. 
      a) Sea Breeze Resort - Definitely a good place. Most of the travelers prefer staying here . Rooms on weekends go off soon and can be a problem if you go without booking. The resort has different varieties of rooms. Do not fall for room types. Request for information on the room location inside the resort, ventilation and facing of the room. Sea facing are only available with Deluxe room and cottages. Rest of the sea facing room are actually garden facing. 

Swimming Pool

b) Lotus Buddha - The management is cooperative however the property is not well maintained . I was almost in depression of spending two nights at this resort. It is just in the middle of village with fishermen and local crowd. The smell and the not so maintained locality dampen the spirit and feeling for the place. 

Food

You can definitely order your food at the resorts. The quality, quantity and the service support is very decent and well maintained. 
      They do serve dinner on the beach at night. They charge you INR 500 for the effort. The experience is great if you go during full moon night. You see the sunset followed by the full Moon in the sky , high tide and the breeze. 
      the variety of food is also quite grand at Sea breeze. You have options from fish to chicken to Biriyani .  Atleast they serve you what you see on the menucard. 

A lot of people told me, they do order food from outside. Local villagers are great cook and serve you hot chicken and local dishes. 

Beach
      The beach is just opposite to the sea breeze property. My first trip was in September. The silver sand and the non sticky quality brings softness to your feet and happiness as you walk down the clean beaches. The water was so clear , it was literary blue.  The beach is stretched over almost 7 kms and also have awesome tree lines across the road. Incase you feel you want a shade while you want to be on beach - simply go and take a seat under the shade and sip coconut water in the morning or in the afternoon and leisurely drink your fav one in the evening. 
      Collect broken or new designed shell, shoot around with crabs , or just lie down on the silver sand. 

Check in - Check Out - Your check in time is 9 AM and check out is 9 PM. Breakfast is complimentary and includes Dosa, Idli, Kheer, Vada, Poori,  Omlette, Juice , Tea, Coffee. 

There is no local spots to drive around. Though you can visit the local saree mill for some handwork sarees or can even drive down to Narasaoraopet for Kotappakonda Temple . The Temple is on the top of a hill and has amaziong scenic beauty. The drive up to 5kms is really amazing and can be a good disconnect for sometimes. 

Give Chirala a try! After all, small things bring more happiness  so why you let this one go?
    • By mustafa
      How is the road condition from Hyderabad to Mahabaleshwar? Which route is the best?
    • By Utpal
      I wish to  drive from Mumbai to Hyderabad in May end this year with my family in Maruti Swift VXI  with no extra driver.
      Any update on best road,route and conditions and safety measure in summer heat
    • By Jagan24
      Trip Details: Hyderabad to Ethipothala Waterfalls via Nagarjuna Sagar
      Duration: 2 Days
      Vehicle: dZire

Route:
      Hyderabad > Nagarjuna Sagar > Ethipothala falls

This was one of our regular weekend getaways. We plan all of a sudden, start late and end up reaching the place very late as usual.  so we had to stay overnight and explore the remainder of the places next day.

We started late at around 11 in the morning (4 Guys, 1 Car) and reached Ethipothala waterfalls by 7 PM exploring several places in between and taking lots of breaks for photography, food etc. To reach the destination, you need to take a left turn after approximately 14kms from Nagarjuna Sagar. After taking the left, again you need to drive for approximately 11 km. Dont remember the exact details though. 

The waterfall is located inside the Haritha resort. We booked accommodation after reaching there. There were approximately 6 rooms (2 AC and 4 Non AC). The rooms were ill maintained (lot of ants, termites and monkeys in the surroundings). The overall look and feel of the location is acceptable but maintenance is on the poorer side because the number of people who prefer to stay there overnight is very low.

There is a restaurant inside the resort as well but they close by 9 PM in the night. You will not get any food after that time. 

After we reached the resort, we got fresh up, ordered food from the restaurant and started exploring the resort and the 11 km stretch. The waterfall is adjacent to the resort but we couldn't see anything in the night but could hear the sound of the water fall. 

After the brief exploration session, we came back to our rooms, had food and went to sleep in those badly maintained rooms. 

Woke up the next morning and there were a lot of monkeys making lot of noise in the premises. Explored the resort in the day light along with the water falls. The surroundings of the Waterfalls were scenic.

There were few steps to go down the hill and explore but we cannot go near the waterfall as it was being used as a breeding center for crocodiles. We went down the steps after having breakfast in the restaurant and explored those places for some time. It was quite a task to come up those steps in those sunny days.

Post the exploration sessions, had Lunch in the restaurant and returned back to Hyderabad by Night.

Few Clicks:
      Random Click on the ORR

Haritha Resort

Monkey Having a Sip of Tea  

The breathtaking view of the waterfalls

A View Point

Few pics taken after going down the steps 

Parting Shot.. Guess who is giving a pose for the Camera 

• By Jagan24
      We did a trip to Nagarjuna Sagar during the month of January. I wanted to share the experience here.

Started off on a Saturday morning at around 10AM. Took the usual route to Sagar. Visited a Balaji temple on a small hill enroute. The place was not in the limelight so less crowd and 2 min drive up the hill was exciting. No railing and very steep. The views from the top of the hill were superb.

View of The Wonderla from the ORR. Took it from a moving car.

The Balaji Temple enroute to Sagar

Excellent Views from the Hilltop. The route which leads to the top of the hill is also clearly visible.

A Light Moment

Stopped for Lunch at Hotel Sidhartha near Boudha Sthupas. Spent some time exploring the place after Lunch. Resumed again for Sagar. The road was nice and very less traffic. Stopped again on the road side to take few pictures of the distant view of the reservoir. Took some photos and started again.

Distant View of the reservoir

Water Ponds formed by excavations and rains..

Our Trusted Partner Resting on the roadside

After reaching Sagar, we came to know that the boating time was over. So wanted to try our luck on the other side of the reservoir. Reached that place and it closed as well. So no boating. Had lunch at the Haritha hotel and started exploring the place near the reservoir. There were few dingy boats operated by some private agency. He charged us about 20rs per head and would take us into the reservoir and the ride will last for about 30 min. They were kind enough to provide us with the life jackets. As kids were there, we asked him not go too far from the shore. We had good time during those 10 min Dingy ride. There were good views during the Sun set in that area. 

• Our picks