India-Drive
  • Welcome!

Welcome to India-Drive, Road trips and travel group. Please register to join us.

20 hours ago, karthik said:

When you get time, please share names of good hotels. 
Only option, i got online is Ravi teja Hotel. 

Hotel Dwaraka and Hotel Laxmi Residency

15 hours ago, NaveenTraveller said:
Hotel Dwaraka and Hotel Laxmi Residency

Hotel Panchavati

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 7/28/2018 at 6:45 PM, NaveenTraveller said:

You can drive up to mitte village and from there you either walk down to falls crossing the stream or take the help of villagers.

If the stream has heavy flow, then help of villagers is compulsory.

We crossed the stream with bare foot but I don't advice the same when you are with family and kids.

Don't expect clean and smooth walk there , it's black soil land and we need to be ready take such walk.

Or villagers help up to falls makes our way easier.

Two types of waterfall can be seen in pics. Hope you can see one is vertically down. It's fully rocky we need to be careful.

Thanks a lot for your information @NaveenTraveller. I will visit this place in the coming 2 weeks :) 

• Like 4

Thanks a lot for sharing great inputs on this new waterfalls which still seems like a hidden beauty @NaveenTraveller. We would love to explore the place soon :) Thanks for all the support.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, ujwal said:

Thanks a lot for your information [mention=1412]NaveenTraveller[/mention]. I will visit this place in the coming 2 weeks  

3 hours ago, sagar said:
Thanks a lot for sharing great inputs on this new waterfalls which still seems like a hidden beauty [mention=1412]NaveenTraveller[/mention]. We would love to explore the place soon  Thanks for all the support.

• Like 3

Too good[mention=1]ranger[/mention]. You have made travel to these places a cake walk with this post!! Kudos
Very true
  • Like 2

Any villagers names, phone no to take help? So, that we can reachout to them upfront..
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, sahil said:
On ‎7‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 1:09 PM, karthik said:

Any villagers names, phone no to take help? So, that we can reachout to them upfront..

@NaveenTraveller himself is a wonderful person who can be of help to us when we plan our travel to that region :) And yes, information on hotels would be more helpful :)

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By kishorerao
      Guys can someone please suggest the route and pit-stops to ooty from Hyderabad and best place to stay in ooty
      I'm planning to go on 16th December 2018

• By rkamal
      We got our new car in Aug 2018, decided to go for a long drive during dasara holidays.
      So we planned for a 3 day trip to Anantapur, lepakshi and madhavaraya temple gorantla.

Day:1 
      Distance : 366 KM
      Travel time : 6 hours approx
      Started on Sunday afternoon around 1:30 PM,
      we took the NH44 towards jadcherla, karnool. Reached around 7:30 to Anantapur with tea break and dinner break nearby Anantapur (Hotel Mayura) .

We stayed at Hotel Serena as we saw some good reviews about the place, and its close proximity to NH.
      Hotel was good as we expected. 

Day: 2
      Distance: 255 KM
      We began our journey to Lepakshi temple around 8 am after had a delicious breakfast filled with yummy idlis and hot wadas at Ramaiah Idly Centre,
      which seems to be famous food joint known especially for Idlis in Anantapur. Reached Veerabhadra Temple, Lepakshi around 10 PM.

Temple is maintained so clean and neatly, found parking place near by the entrance.
      Around 2 hours we spent in the temple admiring the marvellous sculptures of Vijayanagara architecture.
      Being the holidays season temple had good amount of visitors, though we had a pleasant darshan.

Temple has a small garden and washroom facilities. This is a must visit temple if you like visiting historical places filled with beautiful sculptures and grand architecture. Few pictures take using my mobile. hope you like them.

• By varunc
      Hyderabad to Maredumilli plan

Frustrated with Hyderabad traffic and bad roads due to rains, I have decided to get out of the city and explore the farm lands of Godavari district and the forest range of Maredumilli.
      Idea is to go on a quick getaway.

All the accommodations at Maredumilli are full.
      This did not dampen my spirits.

Its not about the destination, It is the drive that matters to me.
      Did some quick research and booked accommodation at the nearest town which is Rajahmundry.

Hyderabad to Maredumilli route plan(best route):
      Hyderabad to Maredumilli has two routes

Route 1 : Hyderabad --> Suryapet --> Vijayawada --> Tanuku --> Rajahmundry --> Maredumilli
      Route 2 : Hyderabad --> Suryapet --> Khammam --> Kothagudem --> Bhadrachalam --> Chintur --> Maredumilli

Route 1: It is the best route to take. Completely 4-lane till Rajahmundry
      Route 2 : Avoid it unless you are planning to cover Bhadrachalam

Plan
      Day 1 : Hyderabad to Rajahmundry  Day 2 : Rajahmundry to Maredumilli Day 3 : Exploring villages around Rajahmundry Day 4 : Rajahmundry to Hyderabad  
      Places to visit in Maredumilli and Rampachodavaram (link)
      Excellent post @Surya78, your post helped us a lot.

Best places to visit in Maredumilli
      1. Bhupathipalem reservoir : gmaps
      2. Rampa Water Falls : Gmaps
      3. VanaVihari Eco tourism : Gmaps
      4. Bamboo Chicken is available near VanaVihari resort : Gmaps 
      5. View point, there is no name to this place, you will find it en-route to Amruthadhara : Gmaps
      6. Amruthadhara waterfalls : Gmaps

Best resorts in maredumilli
      Vanavihari Eco Tourism Center Aranya Eco Resorts Jungle Star Nature Camp Site Birds Nest Resorts  
      There are few private/small resorts at exotic locations. Need to do some research on those places.
      Book the resort in advance during holidays/weekends. 

• Mobile App downloads