India-Drive
  • Welcome!

Welcome to India-Drive, Road trips and travel group. Please register to join us.

Just now, Ranger said:

Lets do it in August? 

First/Second week are good to go.

Please fix a date.
I know it is too early to plan.
But without fixing a date we will forget about it.

My question to all the members? If we can cover all the waterfalls in two/three days.

Where to start?
Where to stay?

On which date?

How many members willing to join?

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, karthik said:

How many members willing to join?

Like you have mentioned, we will have to fix the dates first to see how many members would be available! August has a long weekend (Aug 15 combined with Planned Leaves I mean), most of them would have had planned it already if I am not wrong since it is hardly only a month away from now!

Edited by Sridhar Tandra
  • Like 1

They look so beautiful in pics ... I really hope that they look the same in reality .. we being part of a humble nation tend to spoil anything that is beautiful with litter and trash ...lets see how they are once we go there ...

• Like 3

23 hours ago, karthik said:

Please fix a date.

As sagar suggested, we will plan the drive as soon as we are back. 

22 hours ago, Sridhar Tandra said:

August has a long weekend (Aug 15 combined with Planned Leaves I mean), most of them would have had planned it already if I am not wrong since it is hardly only a month away from now!

August 15th looks ideal for the drive.

But lets see, since many members would have planned some trip on the long weekend.

21 hours ago, ksa171983 said:

I really hope that they look the same in reality

I have visited few of they, very beautiful places to explore. 

Only issue is lack of facilities.

• Like 4

I'm badly missing coorg meetup.

If you guys are driving unofficially let me know..I'm interested in joining.

Telangana waterfalls expedition 😎

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, karthik said:

I'm badly missing coorg meetup.

there are couple of slots still open as per @Ranger so you you can still travel along with them..

7 minutes ago, karthik said:

Telangana waterfalls expedition 😎

Awaiting the plan for this..

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ksa171983 said:

there are couple of slots still open as per @Ranger so you you can still travel along with them..

Got the info..

Have a client visit at work.
Else could have joined for the meetup.

2 minutes ago, ksa171983 said:

Awaiting the plan for this.

We will do it August.  

• Like 4

I feel August or 1st week of September should be a good time to explore the falls :) 

• Like 1

We (With My Friends) had a recent visit to Kuntala Waterfalls on 06/16/2018. Water was in good flow and now it is expected more heavily water falls. Here is the latest pics...sorry if pictures doesn't look good, it was taken from cell phone.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 4

Thanks for sharing the current status of the flow @Anand Singh.. :) I guess, the day was sunny during your drive. The place around the falls always looks dry to me. May be because of the rocky terrain around.

Usually during this time of the year, the flow is even more high but I feel this year lacked rains so far and that should be the reason for this :( 

• Like 2

On 7/21/2018 at 12:19 AM, Anand Singh said:

Water was in good flow and now it is expected more heavily water falls.

This year rains are pretty low around Telangana.

From your pictures, i can see that flow is on the lower side.

During monsoon, flow is very high.

I heard there is a fence around waterfalls,

We can't reach the foot hills of waterfalls, Is it true? 

• Like 2

On 7/23/2018 at 9:45 AM, sagar said:

The place around the falls always looks dry to me

Exactly! Water flow is low, usually by this time water levels / flow will generally be high covering the rocky surface

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sridhar Tandra said:

Exactly! Water flow is low, usually by this time water levels / flow will generally be high covering the rocky surface

I think, we should do Bogatha falls soon... I have seen my friend's recent trip to Bogatha and the water flow is quite good at the moment :D 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sagar said:

Bogatha and the water flow is quite good at the moment

Bogatha water flow is good in Summers too when compared to the other falls around! But we do not have any options of food close by! will have to carry everything before we go. 

• Like 2

On 7/23/2018 at 12:15 AM, sagar said:

Thanks for sharing the current status of the flow @Anand Singh.. :) I guess, the day was sunny during your drive. The place around the falls always looks dry to me. May be because of the rocky terrain around.

Usually during this time of the year, the flow is even more high but I feel this year lacked rains so far and that should be the reason for this :( 

Yes, it was a hot day :cooler: @sagar and sudden plan just to drive on the highway peacefully 😊

• Like 3

On 7/23/2018 at 7:21 AM, Ranger said:

This year rains are pretty low around Telangana.

From your pictures, i can see that flow is on the lower side.

During monsoon, flow is very high.

I heard there is a fence around waterfalls,

We can't reach the foot hills of waterfalls, Is it true? 

True, We should not do that as per security restrictions but  their are no security/police, so people do what ever they want and i saw many people climbing on top of the falls.So would advise the travellers not to climb on to the hills to get access to the water falls.ONE SLIP AND YOU CAN LOOSE BALANCE AND GO STRAIGHT DOWN TO THE BOTTOM OF THE FALLS WHICH ARE AT A HEIGHT OF Approx more than 100 ft. 

• Like 4

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By KSK
      Intro Rant:

Summers are always tricky. Most people don't prefer to venture out on a trip in summer, for obvious reasons. So, when I bounced an idea off a trip to Warangal this summer, everyone went nuts. They even ridiculed that I'm not in my senses. But I did not want to drop the idea just because someone feels it to be stupid. I needed a break from my monotonous work life, so I was adamant. I know my wife also wouldn't agree; even if she does, she doesn't come considering the weather, but I have to do the customary - inform. My son's response, quick as a wink, was "Let's do it". Wonderful kid. It took some collective effort by me and my son to get the go-ahead from the home minister. Phew!

Plan and Preparation:

Being a Kakatiya University graduate myself, I regret not exploring enough of Warangal (capital of Kakatiya Dynasty) for long, which is known for its rich history and heritage. Though it is well within 150 km distance from my hometown and also from Hyderabad, I did not specifically travel to see some of its historical places. So, it's that time again - One-day trip!

There was this understanding with my wife and me that any impromptu trip needs to be done and dusted same day. If it's feasible and possible then she and our daughter would also join. Otherwise, my only soul companion is my son on any given day. He can only match and endure my crazy schedule. But being peak summer, my wife was skeptical and worried about excessively hot weather. Only after explaining and reassuring about all necessary precautions taken, we were given the nod. I feel there is nothing like "perfect" time to travel. There is only convenient time. The more the amount of convenience the better. That's it. Peak season travel can bring expensive price tags, overcrowded tours, accommodation, parking and food problems etc. So sometimes off-season travelling could bring in some benefits. One such benefit is leisurely exploring the place in its entirety without hassle. In the end, it proved to be a wise decision as we could spend some quality time exploring the places (especially Laknavaram which is crowded during peak season).

Once the date (April 15th) was decided, it was only up to us on how many places we can cover in a day. We finalized 6 places. I've gone through Google maps for route and order of visit.

The Route:

Hyderabad -> Bhuvanagiri -> Yadadri -> Kazipet -> Warangal. 

This is the only route everyone takes from Hyderabad, but little did we know what was in store for us. The four-lane road is under construction from Yadadri (Yadagirigutta) to Warangal, and it is a 99-km section of National Highway–163 in Telangana. Lots of patches, diversions and traffic was allowed only on one side. It was a nightmare to drive with heavy oncoming truck traffic especially at night. It took nearly 4 hours to cover 145 odd KMs for return journey, excluding dinner time.

The Journey:

Below was the order of places we wanted to visit:

Bhadrakali Temple Warangal Fort Thousand-Pillar Temple Ramappa Temple Laknavaram Lake Pakhal Lake  
      Trip Details:

Total distance covered:  539 KM
      Total duration of the trip:  17 hours

Road Conditions:

NH163 - Yadadri to Warangal:  Quite a few diversions, patchy roads, potholes, and heavy truck traffic (at night). Other connecting roads are good to okay. If travelling to Pakhal lake from Laknavaram then do not blindly follow Google maps. It'll take you through some thandas.  We drove almost 6 KM through a thanda and got lost.  Just take left at Mallampalli and follow NH365 until Narsampet (Ambedkar statue), and then take left and follow Pakhal road till the lake.  
      Food Options:

Limited food options everywhere we visited except Warangal. At Laknavaram, food options available like lunch, but depends on the crowd. Better to carry home-made food to other places.  

Parking Facility:

Limited or no proper parking facilities at all places I visited. It'll be chaos at Laknavaram in peak season unless there is an alternative.  

• By sreeni
      Dear ALL,
      I am planning to travel to tirupati from Hyderabad by in a automatic car.
      Don't want to take bad roads. Can anyone please suggest the best route?
    • By Rajagopal
      Hi guys,

Mid of April month,
      I am Planning to have a Shirdi trip from Lingampally(Hyderabad),

Route :
      Lingampally - Naldurg - Tuljapur - Terkhed - Jamkhed - Ahmednagar - Shirdi
      return with same route.

Would like to know the current road condition of the above route.

Thanks,
      Rajagopal
    • By Shekar
      This is about June 2016 travel to Tadoba Tiger reserve from Hyderabad. 

In Jan-2016 I had traveled Chopta and Munsiyari  in Uttarakand with another three new travelers met first time at Delhi. One of them Mr. Pandey is from Nagpur and he asked me to come down to Nagpur for visiting Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve and booked safari a couple of months before for 12th June 2016 . Till then I had no experience of any forest safary and I was excited to see many wild animals. Mean time our travel friends planned for Ladakh tour in the last week of June, 2016 (25-06-2016). It was one of the dream destination and I know it will be difficult and expensive if I go alone and said OK and booked flight/train to Delhi and back. Then started thinking  it will be hectic for two tours in two weeks. But Pandey who is also coming for Ladakh trip did not agree and made me to visit Tadoba.   

Day 1
      On 11th June we started at 5.00 Hrs in my car from Hyderabad. My wife and son were with me. We are two drivers and had a back seat to sleep if needed. We reached Nirmal by 8.00 Hrs entered town leaving NH44 and had breakfast at Hotel Mayuri. Breakfast was good but when we had lunch next year, it was very bad. We joined NH44 through old NH7 road. Reached Nagpur by 13.00 Hrs and Pandey's home by 13.30. 

Roads up to Adilabad were excellent. Four lane work and Underpass works at Hingenghat (about 30 Kms) not completed and have to change lanes and pass through the villages. Road at places in this section also not good. After that till Nagpur roads are good. 

One more travelmate Mr. Jagtap from Betul (MP) who is mine safety officer in Western Coal Fields (WCF) and a native of Nagpur was supposed to join us with his family in his car. But due to some fire accident in a coal mine he could not join us. 

Our plan was to reach  WCF guest house at Murpar which is about 15 Kms away from Navegaon Gate of Tadoba Reserve and stay overnight and reach the gate early in the morning. 

We started from Nagpur at about 17.00 Hrs and reached Murpar by 19.45 Hrs. While entering Chandrapur district at Umred check-post, local police stopped our car for checking and found one whiskey bottle in our luggage which was kept by Pandey.

The police told me that alcohol  is banned in chandrapur district and we can not carry. I said I am from Hyderabad and I do not the local rules and never imagined that a particular district will have a ban.

He looked at Pandey in the car and asked he is from Maharashtra and how come he do not know. I said he does not know about it and i brought it my self. Some how he took away the bottle and allowed us to proceed further.  

So those who are travelling to Tadoba please do not carry alcohol. 

By the time we reached Chimur which is a little bigger town close to Navegaon Gate, it started drizzling and when we took right turn at Khadsangi for Murpar, heavy downpour started and visibility was hardly 20 mtrs in head lights. Left turn at Khadsangi will lead to Navegaon gate. Mr. Jagtap booked the guest house at WCF mine area, Murpar. We found one Telugu cook in the guest house and when we told him about Umred check post incident, he said we are too lucky to be let off, otherwise they arrest and harras for carrying alcohol. When we asked about dinner he said other than non veg, he will prepare any thing. Non Veg has to be brought from Chimur some 12 Kms away and it is not possible at that time and that too in heavy rain. We ordered roti, dal and sabji with omlets. 

Mean time me and pandey went to Khadsangi in the rain and enquired about safari vehicles. we were told that there is no need to book in advance and Gypsy cars will be available at the gate as per the serial and as many as permitted for the day/session. We had dinner and had good sleep. 

Day 2 

We got up early and reached Navegaon gate before 5.30 Hrs. We found only one car before us at the gate. We went to gate office and booked a safari car and engaged a Guide. Safari car is for Rs. 600 and Guide Rs.350 (That's what I remember). Sky is clear and we found water of previous night's rain on the roads pot holes. We entered the forest by 5.45. Our guide said it is always advantage of more sightings if your car is first and it proved correct. 

Myself with wife and kids of Pandey

The first site before entering the core area

Second sighting a glimpse of bear  

Then a Jackal 

There were lot of birds and I could not shoot them as I do not have a proper lens. 

The same bear came out of the forest and crossed our path. 

We were told that Tiger will come here but after waiting enough time he did not turned up. 

There are many deers and Neelgai

Obviously not happy with our presence

Canter from Moharli gate 

Now many jeeps arrived and waiting at a water hole for the arrival of the Big Cat. 

But it did not show up and the our morning session ended. Little disappointed and our guide was telling us that people make more than six safaris and go back without seeing a Tiger. We had a booking for afternoon safari also. With a little hope we returned to our guest house. 

On the way back from morning safari

Padey with our Driver and Guide. 

Will continue with after noon Safari.. 
  • Gandikota meetup on January 26 and 27th