India-Drive
  • Welcome!

Welcome to India-Drive, Road trips and travel group. Please register to join us.

sbhamidi

Spiti Circuit

Beautiful pictures sbhamidiI am sure if you post the collection in the Photography section, it would be a great share for the members to enjoy the beauty.

• Like 1

Beautiful pictures sbhamidiI am sure if you post the collection in the Photography section, it would be a great share for the members to enjoy the beauty.

Photography section... Let me search n post

Sent from my iPhone using India-Drive

@sbhamidi Beautiful pictures sire!  I am sure you must have thoroughly enjoyed this adventurous drive. The video explains it all :) Any hiccups faced during this challenging circuit?

• Like 2

Probably these kind of 'so called paths or roads for cars' between this drive are one main reason for keeping this place away from all the commercial crowd and not letting them spoil the beauty of this place and maintaining the adventurous fun for road trip enthusiasts in the country. :) 

• Like 2

[mention=716]sbhamidi[/mention] Beautiful pictures sire!  I am sure you must have thoroughly enjoyed this adventurous drive. The video explains it all  Any hiccups faced during this challenging circuit?

No just a tyre puncture which the friendly people from Chandratal Lake helped in change and they had a puncture kit too

Other than that XUV500 was a pretty old model given by Myles which was a disappointment but performance was OK barring few irritating sounds as the vehicle was I think met with an accident before was given to me (in previous ride)

• Like 3

Probably these kind of 'so called paths or roads for cars' between this drive are one main reason for keeping this place away from all the commercial crowd and not letting them spoil the beauty of this place and maintaining the adventurous fun for road trip enthusiasts in the country.  

BRO is taking over the development of roads between Kaza and Manali, Manali to Leh stretch is being worked upon on urgency, Shimla - Kaza is a good road with few stretches again where BRO is working relentlessly in laying n managing roads n landslides

• Like 3

17 hours ago, sbhamidi said:

No just a tyre puncture which the friendly people from Chandratal Lake helped in change and they had a puncture kit too

Other than that XUV500 was a pretty old model given by Myles which was a disappointment but performance was OK barring few irritating sounds as the vehicle was I think met with an accident before was given to me (in previous ride)

Oh yes! Tell me about it. People in the Himalayas are most helpful and very warm hearted :D  and yeah Myles is best preferable amongst the choices we have in our country and that's one option why we happened to choose Toyota over Mahindra for its lesser NVH comparatively.  

• Like 2

17 hours ago, sbhamidi said:

BRO is taking over the development of roads between Kaza and Manali, Manali to Leh stretch is being worked upon on urgency, Shimla - Kaza is a good road with few stretches again where BRO is working relentlessly in laying n managing roads n landslides

I am glad that we have done it ahead of time before this place before the roads are getting laid. The excitement and fun in this drive will be missed if becomes a cake walk in this stretch.

I can't really imagine Spiti getting the crowd as much as Leh is getting it at the moment. Manali a decade ago was a heavenly place which has now become a place for the plastic and waste dumpyard. and Now, Leh is getting closer to this stage and I hope Spiti won't line up behind Leh. 

• Like 3

I am glad that we have done it ahead of time before this place before the roads are getting laid. The excitement and fun in this drive will be missed if becomes a cake walk in this stretch.
I can't really imagine Spiti getting the crowd as much as Leh is getting it at the moment. Manali a decade ago was a heavenly place which has now become a place for the plastic and waste dumpyard. and Now, Leh is getting closer to this stage and I hope Spiti won't line up behind Leh. 

Totally agree, few things should remain the way they are for Beauty to stay intact unless we are responsible travellers..
my only miss was the Batal to Manali pictures n videos which I missed capturing due to the stress because of road conditions.. else was a fantabulous trip never planned until Sep starting

• Like 2

Yeah very true, I was quite amazed by your sudden plan & execution and there you left in jiffy. Kudos to that enthu. Kibber to Manali is the longest stretch you have got in that whole stretch I suppose and yeah the roads throughout via Batal until you reach Rohtang is absolutely tiresome especially when you are driving alone. Taking good amount of breaks inbetween the drive to enjoy the beauty of this magic land is the only solution to let out the stress and keep ourselves sane :)

• Like 3

Yeah very true, I was quite amazed by your sudden plan & execution and there you left in jiffy. Kudos to that enthu. Kibber to Manali is the longest stretch you have got in that whole stretch I suppose and yeah the roads throughout via Batal until you reach Rohtang is absolutely tiresome especially when you are driving alone. Taking good amount of breaks inbetween the drive to enjoy the beauty of this magic land is the only solution to let out the stress and keep ourselves sane

Yes did not take many breaks on this stretch Batal to Manali (skipped Lunch) too as wife n son were scared n wanted to reach Manali before sunset which we did reach at around 5pm

• Like 2

We have started early and stopped before Batal around 11 AM for brunch and around 1 pm we were stuck at the Pagalnala due to the road break down as the heavy flow from the waterfall threw down big boulders and broke the so called roadway there. We got stopped for about 5 to 6 hours and risked it while it got dark and managed to cross it. We reached Manali then around 9 PM. Rest of the day until we had reached Manali, we survived on MAggi, Lays and Parle-G :D

• Like 3

We have started early and stopped before Batal around 11 AM for brunch and around 1 pm we were stuck at the Pagalnala due to the road break down as the heavy flow from the waterfall threw down big boulders and broke the so called roadway there. We got stopped for about 5 to 6 hours and risked it while it got dark and managed to cross it. We reached Manali then around 9 PM. Rest of the day until we had reached Manali, we survived on MAggi, Lays and Parle-G

Woah, this is a real adventure.....

• Like 3

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Gandikota meetup on January 26 and 27th