India-Drive
  • Welcome!

Welcome to India-Drive, Road trips and travel group. Please register to join us.

Hello India-Drive members,

This is a travelogue of my recent trip to Nagarjuna Sagar Srisailam Tiger Reserve and my third travelogue in this Forum. Wanted to make it the best out of three so took some time.

Before starting the story, i would like to thank my dear friends from the WhatsApp group who made this trip a memorable one with their tips and advice.

Distance: 408KM

Drive Time: 8HRS including 1 breakfast break for a hour.

Mileage: 13KMPL

Vehicle: Honda City VX  Manual

Fuel: Petrol

Speed: Cruised at 100KMPH and 140KMPH

Route Taken: HYDERABAD-KURNOOL-NANDYALA-ATMAKUR-BAIRLOOTY 

DAY 1. 22 SEP 2017

Started at Kompally at 6:00 AM and reached M food court Mahbobnagar at 7:30 AM.

The road is a good 4 lane road but going above 100KMPH is a tough thing after entering AP border. There are many white lines near the intersection which irritates at high speed. 

Had breakfast at M food court and started at 8:30 AM.

About M food court,

A restaurant with bad food and bad service. Not at all VFM.

There is another restaurant called hill park before M food court but missed it due to the speed i was in.

Started at 8:30 AM. after having breakfast and a small quarrel with the hotel staff there and reached Kurnool around 10:00 - 10:30AM. 

Got confused after reaching Kurnool and asked in the group. Thanks to @DheerajReddy  @jay_chitti  for suggesting me a route.

Took RAYALASEEMA express way to reach Nandyala. After entering Kurnool we will get a signal from which we should go straight and then left to enter RAYALASEEMA express way. Going left from the starting signal will directly take us to Atmakur which is the best and quick route.  

Reached Nandyala at around 11:30 and did a mistake by switching on Google maps. It took me through streets where even a cycle guy thinks twice to enter. The street is Sunkallamma street adjacent to market road. got stuck there for one hour. That time i was sure that some one would come and trash me and my car for entering that narrow street with such a long vehicle... as imagined people came near me but what happened is a very different thing... people there are very good and kind, they helped me cross the street with absolutely zero damage to my car. One local there even walked for almost a kilometer just to ensure that the road is clear so that my car could enter. even a police there did the same thing. Was pleased by the way they treated their guest. all these things were because of the TS number plate my car has. After all those things, crossed  Nandyala around 12:30PM and reached Bairlooty at 1:30PM.

Had lunch there and started off to safari at 3:00PM, half and an hour earlier as there were no one that day.

The safari is very good, takes us through dense forest. A  person with an axe accompanies us for safety. Unfortunately could not spot any wild animals as its difficult during this time, happened to spot a Sambar female in this first day and captured it in my camera. 

The very adventures thing that has happened was a Gypsy break down. The Gypsy after going deep inside the forest broke down and we had wait for an hour for next Gypsy in the calm, peaceful, serene forest enjoying the chirping sounds of the birds, waiting for some wild animal to come so that i can capture. The driver, and few guys accompanying us were very attentive as they knew that there is always danger hidden behind a beauty. The place that we stopped was a thick forest where tigers, bears, cheetas come for evening snacks. The place is near a Y junction where there is an old British building and an old temple which is very very risky.

Completed the safari by 6:00PM entered the room, had some tasty pakodas with hot tea enjoying the nature and then had dinner at 9:30 in the room itself as we were tired and slipped onto the bed.

DAY2. 23 SEP 2017.

Woke up at 7:30 AM from the comfy beds, got freshed up, had breakfast, bought some goodies from the local shop in the resort and went on for a second safari at 10:15 AM

Forgot to tell you, there is an old Shiva temple inside the forest which is considered as a very risky place to go. The second day morning my father woke up early took the Gypsy and went inside the forest and temple. He spotted few wild bores, wild dogs, and wild pig on the way to temple. 

Many wild animals including Bears and Wild dogs, which are considered as the most dangerous animals than tiger come to that place early in the morning and in the evening. One should be prepared for the worst thing before going to the temple. Many people asked me the reason forgoing there, instead of going to some other place, there is no answer for those type of questions.. after all its a wildlife enthusiast  and travelers thing.

Coming to the second day safari, I was fortunate enough to spot few Neelghais this time. Spotted a group of Neelghais in the bushes and captured it in my camera. 

After going deep inside the forest for few kilometers there was a ditch where our Gypsy wheels got stuck and back seat occupants had to get down. The drivers are well experienced and got the Gypsy out of the ditch after few minutes of off-roading. This is my first off-roading, that too deep inside a forest.. after going for few kilometers, the driver stopped the vehicle at a safe zone and then i took few pictures. Completed the safari at around 12:30 and then bought an archery ticket for 100 rs for 10 arrows, the archery is a thing filled with great fun and joy. Learnt archery from the local tribal workers there and managed to shoot the red wall on the target board. A great achievement for me:D

Finished the fun filled archery paid extra amount ie, 200 for 20 arrows, had lunch at 1:30 PM and drove to YSR Smruthi Vanam at 2:15 PM. Reached the place in less than 45 mins, a very good road where one can easily maintain 60KMPH entire 30KM stretch.

About YSR Smruthi Vanam,

A place which is 30 kilometers away from Bairlooty( Nallamalla Jungle Camps) at Atmakur. A place build in memory of undivided Andhra Pradesh ex Chief Minister Dr. Y.S. Rajasekhar Reddy. His plane was crashed 15 kilometers from YSR Smruthi Vanam at Pavuralagutta which is clearly visible from a view point tower constructed at that place. Its a picnic spot for many locals, a good place for children to play around and have fun, for elders its not so interesting. Visited that place paid my respects to the great person, my father went on to the view point and clicked some pictures, we read few facts about him engraved on a marble stone and left the place at 2:45 PM.

Reached Bairlooty at 3:15 PM took rest for an hour, had snacks, Mirchi Bajji, Tea, and then again paid 100rs for archery at 5:30 PM. could not play much because of the low light and returned early to the guest house. There the light is very low, looks like 6:30PM but will still be 5:30PM

Had some quality talk with the supervisor Mr. Rajendra Prasad. He is a very passionate person, passionate about wildlife, a nature lover, photographer, and flutist. 

His passion towards these things are obvious from the way he talk, he is a Bpharm degree holder, had a lab of his own, stopped it and came to bairlooty from Kadapa just to serve the nature. His job at Bairlooty is amazing, outstanding, and he is still a contract employee. His wildlife photo collection is excellent. He has a Nikon D5 with which he captures the beautiful wildlife. He has got a very good knowledge over wild animals, plants, forests. He caught a very dangerous spider and sealed it in a box. Took the picture but its not clear. 

At 8:30PM i tried for some star trails but could not get because of the clouds. Had dinner at 9:00PM and slipped onto the bed at 10:30PM.

DAY 3. 24 SEP 2017

Woke up at 7:00AM, had tea, paid 200 for 20 arrows, (yes, I am addicted towards that game:x)  had breakfast at 9:30,  Packed our bags, bought some more goodies from the store there which were made by the Girijans there, paid amount and left the place by 10:30 with a heavy heart:(

Route Taken: BAIRLOOTY-ATMAKUR-KURNOOL-KADWAL-HYDERABAD.

Reached Hyderabad at 7:15 as we stopped for some time at Gadwal and Food Pyramid.

About Gadwal,

A nice place famous for its sarees. Could not explore much.

About Food Pyramid,

A restaurant with worst food and service.

No hygiene at all.

Stopped at Gadwal and my mother took some sarees at the weavers. 

The roads were good all the way, the road from Bairlooty to Atmakur is a beautiful two laned road surrounded by lush green farms.

A special thanks to 

@Ranger @DheerajReddy @jay_chitti @varunc @shruthi and all the WhatsApp group members for sharing the information rite from the beginning to the end of the trip. 

Few pictures 

59d490c23c60a_FullSizeRender(1)_1.jpg.9b476efdddd51176040cdffc25f34a03.jpg

FullSizeRender (1)_2.jpg

FullSizeRender (1)_3.jpg

FullSizeRender (2)_2.jpg

FullSizeRender (3).jpg

FullSizeRender (3)_2.jpg

FullSizeRender (4).jpg

FullSizeRender (4)_2.jpg

FullSizeRender (5).jpg

FullSizeRender_1 (2).jpg

FullSizeRender_3 (2).jpg

FullSizeRender_4.jpg

FullSizeRender_5.jpg

FullSizeRender_6.jpg

GYPSY FACE.jpg

GYPSY SPEEDO.jpg

IMG_2478.JPG

IMG_2589.JPG

IMG_2629.JPG

IMG_2630.JPG

IMG_2634.JPG

NSTR 1.jpg

NSTR 2.jpg

NSTR 3.jpg

NSTR British building.jpg

NSTR GATE.jpg

NSTR MONKEY.jpg

NSTR RESORT GATE.jpg

NSTR ROOM EXT.jpg

NSTR ROOM.jpg

SAMBAR FEMALE.jpg

SK NSTR.jpg

View from Gypsy 1.jpg

WATER IN THE WILD.jpg

WILD IN THE WOODLAND.jpg

WILD WAY.jpg

FullSizeRender (5)_2.jpg

FullSizeRender (6).jpg

FullSizeRender (6)_1.jpg

FullSizeRender (7).jpg

FullSizeRender (8).jpg

FullSizeRender (9).jpg

FullSizeRender (10).jpg

FullSizeRender (11).jpg

FullSizeRender (12).jpg

FullSizeRender (13).jpg

FullSizeRender (14).jpg

GYPSY SPEEDO 2.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Great pictures and excellent information.
Rooms looks fantastic, definitely a must visit place before monsoon ends. 

I have few questions related to your drive.

How is the overall road condition?
How much does the resort cost?

Any idea about how many jeeps they can provide(at a time), If we do group booking?

• Like 4

Great pictures and excellent information.
Rooms looks fantastic, definitely a must visit place before monsoon ends. 

I have few questions related to your drive.

How is the overall road condition?
How much does the resort cost?
Any idea about how many jeeps they can provide(at a time), If we do group booking?

Thank you
Yeah, the rooms are great with rose wood furniture. A private person would charge around 7-8k for that room alone, leave about safari and food.
Must visit before monsoon to enjoy the nature and at March, April for wildlife.

* Overall road condition is excellent. Anyway you know about Hyderabad to Kurnool road and the speed limitations on that road.
Kurnool to Atmakur direct road is also good though it's a two lane road.

* ₹4K for cottage for two per day, ₹5k for tent for two per day.
₹1k for extra bed. Including one safari, food.

* They have two Gypsys, 6+1 driver + 1 person accompanying us with a weapon is the capacity.
They also have a Mahindra Bolero Camper but they didn't use it. They might take if the population is large.

7995417994 he's Mr. Rajendra Prasad supervisor and a very nice person. You can contact him. Below are the tent pictures for your reference.
5d0ef707fa7924f44d441d182b9ee2b2.pngf70efef84d559a637e4f2ad9875bac2c.png

Miles to go before I sleep
  • Like 5

I remembered the Monkey temple in "The Jungle Book" movie by looking at the temple pictures and your description..!! <3 Wonderful information, planning to go here in December unless our Admins plan something to disrupt my December plans ;) 

• Like 4

I remembered the Monkey temple in "The Jungle Book" movie by looking at the temple pictures and your description..!!

Haha..

• Like 3

Excellent write-up mate.
Fantastic pictures!!

What is the maximum capacity of resort?
Are they full during weekends?

Thank You buddy
There are 4 cottages and 6 tents, 2+1 per each tent/cottage
The maximum accommodation is 3*10=30.
Yes, during weekends it's full. It's very irritating when other people roam here and there and disturb the beautiful butterflies doing their work, and when their voice dominates the chirping sounds of the birds which we can't hear here.
Week days is the best time. On Friday we were alone, no insecure feeling. All the persons there are good.
During Oct, Nov, Dec the demand is very high, even foreigners visit.
Better book on week days a month before.

• Like 4

Beautifully narrated with the best of pictures @Krish. Your information about the cottages and routes would help our fellow road trippers. This could probably be one of the best road trips for all the Hyderabadi's looking for a place in the closest proximity. Cheers for more to come buddy. :)

• Like 2

Beautifully narrated with the best of pictures [mention=342]Krish[/mention]. Your information about the cottages and routes would help our fellow road trippers. This could probably be one of the best road trips for all the Hyderabadi's looking for a place in the closest proximity. Cheers for more to come buddy. 

Thank you bro
Yes, this place is the best place from Hyderabad for a two or three day weekend..

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By LoneRanger
      Precursor to the trip(Skip if you want to know Only about the trip) :

All five of us went on to a trip nearly 10 years ago. And in all these 10 years , all of us together haven't met even once. We were working at various places - Hyderabad , Chennai , Pune , New Delhi & Bengaluru. As years passed by, 4 of us moved to Hyderabad due to various commitments. Only one was left out in Chennai. 

At the end of Jan 2018 , Mr.Chennai , gave me a call ans started discussing about his boring and torturous boring IT life. He suddenly pops up the idea of a weekend trip from Hyderabad, only guys trip without wives. Over the next couple of days , we made whatapp group and discussed various options and finalised Belum Caves and Gandikota. We planned to go at the March 2018. As weeks passed by , each one had to drop off due to some or other reason. At the start of March , only Mr.Chennai and me were onboard ( My wife had to go to her parents place).

But Mr.Chennai , was very adamant, he used to share the photographs of 10 year old trip on the whatsapp group. People became nostalgic , First to say yes was Mr.Microsoft , Then Mr.NRI and a day before the trip we have a confirmation from Mr.Daddy.

Day 1 of the Trip : 

Plan was , Mr.Chennai would reach my house by 6 and we would have an early breakfast and leave by 7 from my house. But Indian railways have another plans. Mr.Chennai arrived at my house at 7:45. After freshening up we started at 9:00 A.M to pick up Mr.Microsoft and Mr.Nri. And last pick up of the day was Mr.Daddy , from ORR Gachibowli.(We wanted to give more time for him to spend with his daughter). By the time we picked up Mr.Daddy , it was 10:00 AM and we started cruising on ORR , towards Kurnool. 

My car has Fastag, and i zipped past the traffic on ORR and the Highway. At 12:00 P.M we stopped at Food Pyramid to have brunch. We had heavy lunch and then off to our first destination Belum Caves. 

The road till Kurnool was NH and was good , After Kurnool we has to take Rayalaseema Expressway(Toll Road) , this was beyond good. It is better than national highway.

(Rayalaseema Expressway - Road work going on the Left lane)

By 3:00 P.M we were at Owk reservoir, MR.Chennai was mesmerized by scenic beauty and wanted to stop for few photographs. And indeed the place was super scenic. Its just that it was mid afternoon in Rayalaseema. The cool breeze flowing from the reservoir was a bit of relief from the hot Sun.

(From L-R : Mr.Chennai, Mr.Daddy, Mr.NRI & Mr. Microsoft, Im Mr.Driver & designated photographer for the trip)

(Panoramic view of the Owk Reservoir)

The owk reservoir has APTDC center , with restaurant , and has boating and other activities. But we wanted to head to Belum Caves before they close it down. We next stopped directly at Belum Caves. The caves close at 5:30 P.M , and you have to exit the caves before that. We Reached Belum caves at 4:00 P.M. There is an entry fee and parking fee. We were charged somewhere around R.s 285/- for the 5 of us. 

This is the first time im entering a cave system , and i was amazed. The caves were neatly maintained, and properly ventilated with the help of electric fans. They were well lit too. I'll tel the pictures do the talking from here. And if you are planning a trip to Belum caves , be ready to carry a huge water bottle , as it is humid as hell, and also wear stretchable clothes , You have to bend and crawl through some spaces. 

(Map of the caves )

(Entrance to the caves)
      The entrance has a flight of stairs , at the start of which the security checks for your tickets. Once you show his the tickets , you have to walk down nearly 40-50 steps. Any body can do it, both old and young. Once you get down the stairs you will see this plaque.

(This is where the Plaque is posted. After this its all dark)

(Notice the pipe behind, circulating fresh air)

(L-R - Mr.Daddy & Mr.Driver-Me, you must be wondering why i was wearing goggles in a pitch dark cave, i have sight , those are powered , and i forgot my normal glasses, and yes i put this picture only to point that out  )

Soon it was 5:20 and we were off to the entry/exit. And while we were ready to leave , suddenly there was a small power cut and everything went dark. It was pitch dark , and even with cell phone torch we couldn't figure out the exit. Luckily for us it was just intermittent power loss. And the power cut lasted for a maximum of 45 seconds to 1 minute. 

After coming out of Belum caves , we went to the Budha statue near by to click some sunset pics.

(Mr.Chennai Tried to be creative)

(Budha Statue at Belum Caves)

(Last Pic of the sun set into the clouds)

On our way we stopped at a small place called Kolimigundla to have some tea. There is a APTDC restaurant at Belum caves , it closes at 5:30 P.M along with caves. 

Next day we planned to visit Gandikota , and wanted to stay as close as possible. We couldn't get a reservation from APTDC Gandikota. And place nearest to Gandikota was Jammalamadugu. But we could find any hotels online to book. However during the trip we found that there are a lot of lodges and small hotels available at jammalamadugu. You can directly go and take a room for rent , without pre-booking. We could only reserve a room at Prodattur. Our reservation was at Sri Devi palace. Imagine the shock of our life when we found out that Sri Devi Palace is actually Sri Devi Palace Function Hall , and there was a wedding happening when we went there.

(Surely made our trip memorable  )

(Full scale wedding with Guests outside)
      Surprised and Shocked we called the contact provided on booking.com. The owner was friendly , apologized and said he would rent out the rooms on normal days, when there is no wedding and arranged us a place(lodge) within in Proddatur. There is nothing special about the lodge , the washrooms have leaky faucets. But since all of us are guys , and we wanted to enjoy the trip , we were ok with good beds and AC , for having a good night's sleep, Which it had. But if you are going with family , there are many new lodges with similar price range. You can go , check the rooms and then make a reservation. Same is the case in Jammalamadugu. You will find most of the lodges in Bus-stand road in proddatur. 
      After checking in , and unloading our luggage in our respective rooms, we went out to have dinner at the Andhra Spice Restaurant. It was good for family , but there is no parking available, the security made some adjustments and arranged some space at the entrance. We has a sumptuous dinner, had the restaurant special - "Chicken Navya" , did some shopping for toiletries and went back to hotel to rest for the day.

(Chicken Navya - Boneless Chicken curry , made in butter with roasted cashew's and stuffed in an omelette and sprinkled with grated cheese , roasted cashews & coriander)

Day 2 - Gandikota , Orvakal Rock Garden , Alampur.

Next day woke up at 5:00 A.M got ready and woke up everybody else. Everyone was ready within an hour. Advantage of not having women in the trip. Our idea is to reach Gandikota before sunrise. If you are planning a trip to Gandikota , plan to reach gandikota before sunrise. Reached Gandikota at 7:00 A.M , it was already sunrise , but God it was beautiful. The canyon, the rocks they were in explicable. I would have stayed there for eternity , enjoying the beauty. 

(First shot of the Canyon , when we reached there by 7:20 A.M)

(Sunrise reflection on Penna River)
      (Mandatory Group Pic)

(Mr.Microsoft, Mr.Daddy & Mr.NRI were happy looking at the scenery and dint want to explore any more)

(Mr.Chennai on the other hand doesn't want to leave any nook or corner. 

We stayed for more than an hour and we are way away from shade. It was getting Sunny and hot , hence we decided to explore the Gandikota fort. There is nothing left at the place. Only places remaining are Ranganatha Aalayam , Gandikoda Granary , and kathula Koneru. The places in pristine condition are Juma Masjid. Heard from locals that it has been redone in recent times by archaeology department, and they will soon improve the other remaining places too. 

(Juma Masjid)

(Inside the Masjid)

Came out of fort , there are multiple roadside eateries , all of us are hungry and just stormed into one of the eatery where we all will fit. The eatery is an extension to the home and is managed by father - daughter duo. We had dosas for breakfast , and had coffee right after. The eatery owner told us that there are tents available for rent , and other adventure actives are available to do during evening time. (Campfire, Canoeing, Boating etc , also sleeping bags are also available for rent). 

After breakfast i observed a road split off and going in the direction of the near by mountain and windmills, looked more like a service road. I inquired if tourists can drive up there , and to my surprise , they said yes. Drove to the top of the hill , and view of Gandikota fort from there is pretty awesome. we decided to take some pics before leaving.

(The view of the fort is towards the left of the pic , with penna reservoir in the background, not quite visible)

We left the place at 9:30 at started towards our next destination Orvakal Rock Garden. The Rock garden is opposite to the Kurnool Airport Gate , we reached the place by 12:30. 
      Google maps took us through a route with is not great  till we reached the Rayalaseema express way, but it was very scenic. Too bad we didnt take any pictures while driving , and just enjoyed the views. 

It was 12:30 , by the time we reached Orvakal Rock Garden. There was a APTDC resort. And entry Fee to enter the rock garden. As it was 12:30 we decided to have lunch before heading into the resort, but each one of us went and bought an ice cream or Kulfi , ( Feels like child , when wife or parents are not around). Went ahead to Orvakal Rock Garden. 
      It was not big, but the rocks have been sculptured by air flow over thousands or millions of years. But since it was 12:30 in the after noon , it felt very big. 

Entrance to the Rock Garden , stairs are neatly cut , and anyone can reach it without any difficulty

Once you climb up the stairs , you will be greeted with this statue , and then similar statues of multiple animals

It was so hot that we settled under the iota of shade available in the entire rock garden. 

Notice Mr.Chennai missing from the picture , he again went to explore every nook and corner of the Rock Garden. We waited till he came back and started off to our next destination Alampur. 

Alampur is one of the 18 shakthipeetas , it is the place where Krishna meets Tungabhadra , and is the place for deity Jogulamba. It is said that when Sati immolated herself , Lord Shiva carried her body across the universe. Vishnu not able to see Shiva's sorrow , cut the body of Sati with his Sudarshana Chakra. Those body parts fell back on earth. And it is said that alampur is where Sati's Upper Jaw/teeth fell. 

The road to Alampur was well paved , and Telangana tourism has provided drinking water and other amenities to pilgrims. Mr.Daddy who was here some years back was surprised to see the roads and amenities provided. 

The temple has Medieval architecture , and even if you are not a religious person , but interested in history , you should visit this place. There is a Museum for History buffs. 

We left Alampur at 3:00 P.M and reached Food Pyramid at 4:30 P.M , had some tea , snacks , and started back to Hyderabad. 

We reached Hyderabad at 7:30 P.M , went to DLF to have chai. And after chai , everyone went their own separate ways . May be all 5 us will together be on a trip in 2019 next. 

Signing Off 
      Mr.Driver

P.S : This is my first post , please provide feedback , on Pics , mistakes , Spelling , writing style , any thing which you felt is out of place.

• By Shekar
      This is about June 2016 travel to Tadoba Tiger reserve from Hyderabad. 

In Jan-2016 I had traveled Chopta and Munsiyari  in Uttarakand with another three new travelers met first time at Delhi. One of them Mr. Pandey is from Nagpur and he asked me to come down to Nagpur for visiting Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve and booked safari a couple of months before for 12th June 2016 . Till then I had no experience of any forest safary and I was excited to see many wild animals. Mean time our travel friends planned for Ladakh tour in the last week of June, 2016 (25-06-2016). It was one of the dream destination and I know it will be difficult and expensive if I go alone and said OK and booked flight/train to Delhi and back. Then started thinking  it will be hectic for two tours in two weeks. But Pandey who is also coming for Ladakh trip did not agree and made me to visit Tadoba.   

Day 1
      On 11th June we started at 5.00 Hrs in my car from Hyderabad. My wife and son were with me. We are two drivers and had a back seat to sleep if needed. We reached Nirmal by 8.00 Hrs entered town leaving NH44 and had breakfast at Hotel Mayuri. Breakfast was good but when we had lunch next year, it was very bad. We joined NH44 through old NH7 road. Reached Nagpur by 13.00 Hrs and Pandey's home by 13.30. 

Roads up to Adilabad were excellent. Four lane work and Underpass works at Hingenghat (about 30 Kms) not completed and have to change lanes and pass through the villages. Road at places in this section also not good. After that till Nagpur roads are good. 

One more travelmate Mr. Jagtap from Betul (MP) who is mine safety officer in Western Coal Fields (WCF) and a native of Nagpur was supposed to join us with his family in his car. But due to some fire accident in a coal mine he could not join us. 

Our plan was to reach  WCF guest house at Murpar which is about 15 Kms away from Navegaon Gate of Tadoba Reserve and stay overnight and reach the gate early in the morning. 

We started from Nagpur at about 17.00 Hrs and reached Murpar by 19.45 Hrs. While entering Chandrapur district at Umred check-post, local police stopped our car for checking and found one whiskey bottle in our luggage which was kept by Pandey.

The police told me that alcohol  is banned in chandrapur district and we can not carry. I said I am from Hyderabad and I do not the local rules and never imagined that a particular district will have a ban.

He looked at Pandey in the car and asked he is from Maharashtra and how come he do not know. I said he does not know about it and i brought it my self. Some how he took away the bottle and allowed us to proceed further.  

So those who are travelling to Tadoba please do not carry alcohol. 

By the time we reached Chimur which is a little bigger town close to Navegaon Gate, it started drizzling and when we took right turn at Khadsangi for Murpar, heavy downpour started and visibility was hardly 20 mtrs in head lights. Left turn at Khadsangi will lead to Navegaon gate. Mr. Jagtap booked the guest house at WCF mine area, Murpar. We found one Telugu cook in the guest house and when we told him about Umred check post incident, he said we are too lucky to be let off, otherwise they arrest and harras for carrying alcohol. When we asked about dinner he said other than non veg, he will prepare any thing. Non Veg has to be brought from Chimur some 12 Kms away and it is not possible at that time and that too in heavy rain. We ordered roti, dal and sabji with omlets. 

Mean time me and pandey went to Khadsangi in the rain and enquired about safari vehicles. we were told that there is no need to book in advance and Gypsy cars will be available at the gate as per the serial and as many as permitted for the day/session. We had dinner and had good sleep. 

Day 2 

We got up early and reached Navegaon gate before 5.30 Hrs. We found only one car before us at the gate. We went to gate office and booked a safari car and engaged a Guide. Safari car is for Rs. 600 and Guide Rs.350 (That's what I remember). Sky is clear and we found water of previous night's rain on the roads pot holes. We entered the forest by 5.45. Our guide said it is always advantage of more sightings if your car is first and it proved correct. 

Myself with wife and kids of Pandey

The first site before entering the core area

Second sighting a glimpse of bear  

Then a Jackal 

There were lot of birds and I could not shoot them as I do not have a proper lens. 

The same bear came out of the forest and crossed our path. 

We were told that Tiger will come here but after waiting enough time he did not turned up. 

There are many deers and Neelgai

Obviously not happy with our presence

Canter from Moharli gate 

Now many jeeps arrived and waiting at a water hole for the arrival of the Big Cat. 

But it did not show up and the our morning session ended. Little disappointed and our guide was telling us that people make more than six safaris and go back without seeing a Tiger. We had a booking for afternoon safari also. With a little hope we returned to our guest house. 

On the way back from morning safari

Padey with our Driver and Guide. 

Will continue with after noon Safari.. 
    • By Ranger
      Hyderabad to Sikkim road trip :
      Four  BTech friends,
      Proper reunion after a decade.

Crossed two borders, (Nepal and Bhutan)
      Drove around 5.5k kilometres.

Hanging around with old friends and saying "Remember when..."(15 days of memories)

Trusted steed

Menu
      Day 1 : Hyderabad to Vishakapatnam
      Day 2 : Vishakapatnam to Puri
      Day 3: Puri to Kharagpur
      Day 4:Kharagpur to Malda
    • By Shekar
      Hampi, Aihole, Pattadakal and Badami tour was indeed a three years dream ultimately became true in the first week of Jan, 2019. 

I took the same route as our ID group travelled in December, 2018. Hyderabad-Kurnool-Bellari-Hampi. 
      Return I came from Badami-Lingsugur-Raichur-Desugur-Mahaboobnagar-Jadcharla-Hyderabad. 

I may not be able to put up all the story at one go. I will try to post it day wise.

Team
      Me and My Wife, My Mother's sister and uncle, Their Daughter and two 11 & 9 year old kids. (5+2)

Vehicle- Uncle's own Xylo

Day One-05-01-2019
      With a little delay than we planed we started from Vanasthalipuram just before 6.00 AM with a cofee break at M Food Court before Jedcharla and reached Kurnool by 9.15 AM. 
      We had Buffet Breakfast at Hotel Suraj Grand @ Rs.120/- Per head and the breakfast was very good. 

We started just before 10.00 AM from Kurnool and reached  Mayura Bhuvaneswari KSTDC Hotel at Kamalapura by 2.30 PM. 

My wife became sick by the time we reached the destination with three vomitings between Kodumur and Kamalapura. I was told its an infection in intestine and simple medication was told by our family doctor over phone. Every one was in anxiety and after medicationction she slept in the room forcing me to continue with visiting places. I was in a real dilemma not ready to leave her alone in that condition and other side My uncle, aunty, sister with two kids who came from Australia and depending on me for the tour. At one stage I thought of asking my uncle to go ahead by engaging a guide but my wife insisted me to go. As the distance of Vijaya Vittala Temple is close to the Hotel, We left hotel by 4.10 PM. 

We reached Tallari Gatta Gate by 4.25 and took a snap and proceeded to Battery car point.  

Due to paucity of time I could not stop over by Gajjela Mandapa. We saw all the ruins and places on drive in battery car. 

By 4.50 we reached the Vijaya Vittala Temple and after taking entry tickets, we engaged a guide out side the temple for Rs. 350/- 

Full team minus my wife 😥

Full temple Left side view through Wide angle lens

Sun set time Right side of the Temple. 

By the time we saw the Vittala temple complex, it was 6 Pm and the time for closure of temple. When we came out we were told that the last battery car will depart from the temple at 6.30 PM so we did not went to Shiva Temple adjacent to Vittala Temple.  

We came out and wanted to see King's balance. Before that few clicks of Siva temple and Vittala Market.
      My wife also called me and informed me that she is feeling better. 

Vishnu Temple on the way to King's Balance

King's Balance
      Few other structures near by 

We returned in the last battery car and reached the Hotel by 7.15 PM. 

We had dinner at the same hotel and went to bed early. Food is good at the hotel but the service is very slow. Room service is not available. 

End of day One 

• Gandikota meetup on January 26 and 27th