India-Drive
  • Welcome!

Welcome to India-Drive, Road trips and travel group. Please register to join us.

SSSS

HYDERABAD to GOA - Best route at present?

PLEASE VOTE FOR THE BEST ROUTE  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Best Route for Hyderabad to Goa (Baga)

• Gachibowli -> Zaheerabad -> Humnabad -> Kalaburgai -> Vijaypura -> Bagalkot -> Belgavi -> Baga  
    • Gachibowli -> Deosugur -> Raichur -> Bagalkot -> Belgavi -> Baga
    • Gachibowli -> Pargi -> Mudhol -> Shahabad -> Jevargi -> Sindagi -> Bagalkot -> Belgavi -> Baga
    • Hyderabad --> Jadcherla --> Raichur --> Lingsugur --> Mudgal --> Hungund --> Bagalkot --> Belgavi --> Kanakumbi --> Bicholim --> Baga (Goa)

Hello fellow enthusiasts,

From last couple of month I have been planning a road trip from Hyderabad to Goa. Though I been to Goa last December for the new year celebration, but somehow google maps messed up the whole  trip and at some point of time I was driving on badly paved 8 feet wide road in some jungle which google considered the fastest(Google should also have an option to select 'Safe Roads'). Another issue I faced was the love of Karnataka for Speed breakers. So this time I am very much aware to be on the best route possible to avoid any such incidents. Some research online and on other forums yields the below routes.

Hyderabad - Goa

Route 1

Gachibowli -> Zaheerabad -> Humnabad -> Gulbarg -> Vijaypura -> Bagalkot -> Belgavi -> Baga  

Route 2

Gachibowli -> Deosugur -> Raichur -> Bagalkot -> Belgavi -> Baga

Route 3

Gachibowli -> Pargi -> Mudhol -> Shahabad -> Jevargi -> Sindagi -> Bagalkot -> Belgavi -> Baga

Which is the best route in terms of road condition at present? I hope to have better knowledge before I leave for Goa this time.

Also I want to know any Route via Maharashtra is suitable? If If after Vijayapura I can drive into Maharashtra and then to Goa.

Route 4

Hyderabad --> Jadcherla --> Raichur --> Lingsugur --> Mudgal --> Hungund  --> Bagalkot --> Belgavi --> Kanakumbi --> Bicholim --> Baga (Goa)

Please Suggest. Thanks in advance.

Best places to visit in Goa and accommodation information 

https://www.india-drive.com/index.php?/topic/9-go-goa-gone-hyderabad-to-goa/

~Sam

• Like 6

Hyderbad to Goa route is always a mess.

Each year a new route shows up on the Google maps.

If you miss the single turn you will end in Village roads.

We are following this route from the past few years.

It never disappointed us.

Hyderabad to Goa Best Route (2017) : Noth Goa

Hyderabad --> Raichur -->Sindhanur-->  Gangavathi --> Hubli --> Dharward --> Belgavai --> Chorla --> Mapusa --> Goa

Hyderabad to Goa Best Route (2017) : South Goa

Hyderabad --> Raichur -->Sindhanur  --> Gangavathi --> Hubbali --> Dharward --> Mollem --> South goa

• Like 3

Hyderbad to Goa has multiple route options.
Once we ended up on a mud road for 50 kilometers.
We missed few turns and the route was horrible.
Don't trust Google maps.

Mark each and every town en-route and use Google maps.
This way you won't miss the route.

Gangavati is the safest option.
I have driven to hampi on that route.
Road condition is good.

• Like 2

Hi Guys, thanks for the quick replies,

The plan is slightly changed, now we are planning to have a break journey instead of a direct one. So the plan is to take a halt in Vijayapura (Bijapur) and visit Gol Gumbaz then to Goa on next day. So if going via Vijayapura, can take a route from Maharashtra which google showed as the  fastest one? Or should follow the typical route via Bagalkot and Belgavi?

Thanks in advance

~ Sam

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, SSSS said:

So if going via Vijayapura, can take a route from Maharashtra which google showed as the  fastest one?

You can take
Gachibowli --> Sedam --> Parigi --> Kalaburgai --> Vijayapura

Road condition from Gachibowli to Ravulaplly is single lane(average).

From Ravulapally to Kalaburgai it is single lane road but has a toll. Roas are maintained well on this section.
Kalaburgai has better stay options. 

Note : Avoid going via Vikarabad, you need to take right turn at Manneguda.
Some times Google maps suggests route via Vikarabad. 

• Like 1

My personal advice. Go to Goa by flight. You will incur the same amount by flight or drive. Hyderabad to Goa road is not an exciting road to drive, its the other way, completely messed up and more streesful.   Using airway, you will not waste much time nor end up being stressed. Being hardcore driving enthusiast, I am recommending the Air option

@Ranger this thread should be in Route queries na! And there is already active thread for Goa route. Should be merged 😜

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nitin88 said:

Hyderabad to Goa road is not an exciting road to drive

Agree on this point.

You will incur the same amount by flight or drive.

Even though it is hectic, diving to Goa with friends/family is always fun.
Road trip + Goa always sound exciting.  
:D

there is already active thread for Goa route.

Shifted, Thank you :)

• Like 2

This is the current best route, shared by drive king.
He completed his journey on November 28th 2017

New route update.
Hyderabad to Goa route has got new roads. 

On this route you can easily complete journey in 12 hours.

Hyderabad --> Jadcherla --> Raichur --> Lingsugur --> Mudgal --> Hungund  --> Bagalkot --> Belgavi --> Kanakumbi --> Bicholim --> Baga (Goa)

Few pictures shared by him.
IMG-20171123-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20171123-WA0004.jpg

Please check the below link for more details
https://www.india-drive.com/index.php?/topic/9-go-goa-gone-hyderabad-to-goa/

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Ranger said:

New roads are fantastic guys, drive from Hyderabad to Goa can be easily done in 12 hours.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, driveking said:

New roads are fantastic guys, drive from Hyderabad to Goa can be easily done in 12 hours.

Lovely news which I was eagerly waiting for 

• Like 5

On 12/1/2017 at 10:37 PM, Guest Prathap said:

Thank you very much. We follow the said route tomorrow

You are welcome, Please update when you are done with the trip. 

• Like 4

On 11/30/2017 at 4:51 PM, Ranger said:

Guys this is best route from Hyderabad to Goa.
I have completed my Hyderabad to Goa drive yesterday.
Roads are very good.
I used to take Gangavathi road which was good for last few years, this lingsugur route is much better. 

• Like 4

Even I heard new roads are great.
I'm planning to drive down in mid of December.
Any tips?

Will take the above suggested route.
I heard they are collecting huge toll at the ghat section, Is it true? 

• Like 2

Hello,

Recently (last week) I was on the road trip to Goa from Hyderabad and as I was upset with the last route I took, which is ironically the most popular route in this post. The route via Raichur is being preferred by most of the fellow enthusiast but I took the route : Goa via Vijayapura and Belgavi. I have my own reason to like that route I took, first I got more than 150Km of perfect laid tarmac and beautiful 4 lane roads. As the highways are not so good in Karnatka, but the change can be seen in the route to Vijayapura. The route is not perfect but much better then the Route via Raichur that I took last year. Road work can be seen in most of the stretch between Vijayapura and Bagalkot and road between Bagalkot and Belgavi is really good to drive on if not perfect. But again, WHY KARNATAKA LOVE GIANT SPEED BUMPS??

• Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, SSSS said:

Route via Raichur that I took last year. Road work can be seen in most of the stretch

This route is completed now. You can see the above pictures.

On 9/26/2017 at 3:47 PM, Ranger said:

Hyderabad --> Raichur -->Sindhanur-->  Gangavathi --> Hubli --> Dharward --> Belgavai --> Chorla --> Mapusa --> Goa

A year back it was bad, that is the reason most preferred route used to be via Gangavati .
I guess you must have confused between Lingusur and Gangavathi.

Currently this is best route.

one of my friend drove to Goa last weekend via Lingsugur, he completed in 11 hours. 

He informed me roads are super good.  

• Like 1

I want to drive to Vasco Da Gama from Hyderabad (Gachibowli)

Guys, regarding this route, when I put this in google maps, it shows 15 hrs 3 min and distance of 703 km whereas directly google maps shows 674 km in 13 hr 21 min.

Possible that google maps is not correct, or the prediction is not right because of the roads? I have experienced that google maps time is usually correct. Some people are mentioning 12 hrs whereas google maps is showing 15 hrs. Need inputs.

Default Route.PNG

Recommended Route.PNG

• Like 2

On 12/8/2017 at 11:28 PM, Shashank Okhde said:

Possible that google maps is not correct, or the prediction is not right because of the roads? I have experienced that google maps time is usually correct. Some people are mentioning 12 hrs whereas google maps is showing 15 hrs. Need inputs.

Google maps take many parameters into consideration.

1. Starting time

2. Starting place
3. Ending place 

4. Driving speed (Once you start the trip)

You are contradicting between North and South Goa.

South Goa

12 hours drive time is from Shamshabad airport to Baga beach (south Goa) is via following route.

For North Goa there is no need to take Bagalkot route, you can take the following route.
Hyderabad --> Jadcherla --> Raichur --> Sindhanur --> Hubbali --> Mollem --> Vasco de Gama

PS : While using maps please don't select village names, you will miss the bypass routes.
Set maps from Gachibowli to Vasco de Gama and make sure you pass near to those towns/villages. 

• Like 2

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Musafir
      Hello trippers, Tell your top monsoon destinations from Hyderabad and why?

• By travel.rtc
      *** Even Though this Travel is done back in march ,  by Sleeper Bus and Flight - I think its eligible to get into this Section as I would post pictures  of Road and Few Places of interest. ***

Well The Most Asked Question either in ID whatsApp or Facebook  - Which Route is Best from Hyderabad to Goa and Back.
       -- Teaser Pic

This was done in March and my friend  had to attend an Meeting in Goa - He booked ticket for me But I have  missed out the flight from Hyderabad became blessing in disguise .
       I have booked  VRL travels Sleeper coach Bus to reach Goa the Next day where I could enjoy the journey and being a road enthusiast I preferred sitting in Cabin and Enjoy instead of the sleeper Berth - somehow i felt the sleeper berth cramp and bumpy 
      Bus was scheduled at 19:00 hrs Departure and boarding was at Lakdikapul , where a mini bus took all of us to Aaramgarh , Reached Aaramgarh by 19:00 , but had to wait about half-an hour for the Bus to arrive   .
                      Bus was almost Full and it is due to they have adjusted passengers who booked AC  Seater bus into here   - Where as I have paid 1700+ for sleeper Bus and people who booked 800Rs Ticket were fortunate enough to get into sleeper Bus
      - Picked up a passenger in between , near Shamshabad and slowly Bus picked up and reached a Dhaba Near Jadcherla  for Dinner Break - I had food packed from home and as per fellow passengers food was pathetic and hotel was just OK.
      -- Bu Stared from Jadcherla and took Mahabubnagar road  and below route was taken
        MahabubNagar - Raichur - Madgal - BagalKot- Belgaum - ChorlaGhat - Goa
      -- Below was the Road condition
      Hyderabad - MahabubNagar : Road was Good
      MahabubNagar - Raichur : Road works were on then and little diversions too
      Raichur - Madgal - Bagalkot : Its double road and we have to get down whenever an bigger vehicle or 4 wheeler came from opposite end  and Needless to say while in Karnataka Expect many speed breakers too ..
      Bagalkot - Belgaum : Road was good .. Reached early in the Morning - Hence it was easy to cross Belgaum

Belgaum to Start of the Ghat Road - it was double road and being early morning there was some truck traffic and also travel buses reaching Belgaum , Many people were doing walking /jogging by the side of the road and seen some people doing Yoga too  
      Needs to be careful while driving at the stretch
      --- Once reaching the start of the Ghat Bus has stopped at decent Hotel for Bio Break and it was around 6:00 A:M in the Morning.
      It took around 3 hours to reach Goa [Private Buses Parking Yard] as road was through Ghats  , Some rural villages and little delay at check posts - Being Morning time encountered little traffic reaching Goa ]

Stayed a Hotel Govia Homes Near Candolim Beach - Hotel was home stay kind and had good swimming pool - Able to tour only Candolim and Baga Beaches and a guided tour with mini bus provided 
       All beaches that i have toured were well maintained maximum care is taken to avoid plastic - even though boozing is not allowed at sea shore near by Beaches but i could see few people doing that 

Goa is Pretty costly and Bargain is the funda works here - never hesitate to bargain if you are shopping in the shops road by and Near beaches too
      Food is pathetic and costly especially people from Telangana and Andhra would find food not so good , me being vegetarian has less options to chose and my friends who took non veg said its pathetic and not for spice lovers ..I have seen few people from TS and AP getting Induction stoves and cooking as they found food very very waste in taste .

-- I think there is very much to explore in Goa Beyond Beaches and Booze , something that always pulls back to the place may be its weather , people  or its picturesque locations and Beautiful Beaches   - that might be the reason people  always wants to make it despite of the hard roads and other reasons like cost and stay options - There is always something more left to explore in Goa as per the conversations with people and foreigners who were visiting for nth time who are always finding a new place and Goa wears  different colors accordingly to the different seasons

• By ADITYAAA
      Here's my query regarding the road trip from Hyderabad to Goa in a car.
      I need suggestions of the routes and any stop by places or spots to visit.  
      Helpfully with food places to have breakfast, lunch and dinner ( which probably may be in Goa)  and since this will be in July 2019
      I need some latest suggestions please.

TIA
  • Our picks