India-Drive
  • Welcome!

Welcome to India-Drive, Road trips and travel group. Please register to join us.

SSSS

HYDERABAD to GOA - Best route at present?

PLEASE VOTE FOR THE BEST ROUTE  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Best Route for Hyderabad to Goa (Baga)

• Gachibowli -> Zaheerabad -> Humnabad -> Kalaburgai -> Vijaypura -> Bagalkot -> Belgavi -> Baga  
    • Gachibowli -> Deosugur -> Raichur -> Bagalkot -> Belgavi -> Baga
    • Gachibowli -> Pargi -> Mudhol -> Shahabad -> Jevargi -> Sindagi -> Bagalkot -> Belgavi -> Baga
    • Hyderabad --> Jadcherla --> Raichur --> Lingsugur --> Mudgal --> Hungund --> Bagalkot --> Belgavi --> Kanakumbi --> Bicholim --> Baga (Goa)

17 hours ago, Ranger said:

I read that most of the ghat sections are open. 
So, September should not be an issue.

Yeah need to see, will update about the trip if everything goes as planned. Thankyou @Ranger

• Like 2

Planning to have a road trip from Hyderabad to Goa (Baleno) in 1st week of October, I would like to know the best route map and present road condition. 

• Like 1

On 8/24/2019 at 12:29 PM, Rajagopal said:

Planning to have a road trip from Hyd to Goa (Baleno) in 1st week of October, I would like to know the best route map and present road condition. 

Flowing is best route:

During recent rains most of the roads are damaged, but I heard they were cleared. 
Roads may not be in a good shape. Plan accordingly.
Start around 4 AM in the morning, you will reach comfortably by evening. 

Hyderabad --> Zaheerabad -> Humnabad -> Kalaburagi -> Jevargi -> Vijaypura -> Bagalkot -> Belgaum -> Chorla -> Panjim

• Like 2

Thank you for the information.

Looking in google map, seems to be Ghat road between Chorla-Panjim but assuming not that much danger ghat road and also this is not a National Highway route (Humnabad-Panjim) and I am alone driver (single) with my family, need to have a better plan.

May need to re-think to re-schedule the trip later/next year so that Roads will be in good shape.

Instead can re-plan to go Lonavala trip.

• Like 2

On 8/26/2019 at 4:30 PM, Rajagopal said:

my family, need to have a better plan.

I would suggest you to wait few more days.
Or you can split the journey into two days. 

• Like 1

As planned we drove down to Goa, Hyderabad to Belgavi is great with occasional speed bumps and small patches of repair. Nothing that cannot be managed. From Belgavi till Chorla is great, but the last leg from Chorla to panjim is a nightmare, took us 4 hours to negotiate about 90 kms. I hear that the ghat Is now CLOSED...avoid this route until Sept end.

IMG-20190830-WA0011.jpg

• Like 2

On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 8:42 PM, Zander89 said:

As planned we drove down to Goa, Hyderabad to Belgavi is great with occasional speed bumps and small patches of repair. Nothing that cannot be managed. From Belgavi till Chorla is great, but the last leg from Chorla to panjim is a nightmare, took us 4 hours to negotiate about 90 kms. I hear that the ghat Is now CLOSED...avoid this route until Sept end.

IMG-20190830-WA0011.jpg

Thanks much for the update @Zander89

And yes, The Chorla ghat is closed after 6 PM is what I've heard offlate. Please do share the road status pictures if any.. :) 

Thanks for the updates everyone! So what would you guys consider as a safe route as of now ? Is it that Raichur road or the same Hyd-Zaheerabad-Belgavi-Chorla road ?

Going on 7th Sep! Thanks

On 9/1/2019 at 8:42 PM, Zander89 said:

but the last leg from Chorla to panjim is a nightmare,

Thank you for the update. 

43 minutes ago, JustExisting said:

Hyd-Zaheerabad-Belgavi-Chorla road ?

Till Belgaum, stick to the Zaheerabad route. 

From  Belgaum instead of taking Choral route, take Dodamarg road.

I think the above user is driving to Panjim.
If you are driving to Baga side, you can avoid Chorla ghat. 

If possible verify the road condition at the check posts. 

• Like 1

Guest GoaPlannerSince2010

Good to see the posts about recent routes/detours.

Any fresh update, planning South Goa from 21st...

thanks in advance.

Guest Prashant Srivastava

Completed the trip this week. Went to Goa from Hyderabad on 31st August and returned yesterday i.e. 8th September.

Vehicle: Honda Amaze - Petrol 2014

Travelers: Me, My Wife and 1.5 years old son

Hyderabad to Goa

Hyderabad Gachibowli -> Patancheru -> Zaheerabad -> Humnabad -> Kalburgi ring road -> Jewargi -> Sindagi -> Bijapur By pass -> Bagalkot -> Lokapur->Yaragatti -> Belgaum - > Chorla Ghat -> Calangute

Started from Home at 3 AM on 31st august. Reached Belgaum at 12:30 PM and Calangute around 4:30PM

Road is very good all along and was able to maintain 100kmph. Never gone across 100kmph. 

There are a lot of speed-brakers most of them unmarked and dangerous after Kalburgi continuing till Belgaum so I would recommend not to travel on this road at night. That is the reason I started at 3 AM and reached Kalburgi by the day break.

Goa to Hyderabad

Took the same route. Started from Goa at 8:30 AM on Saturday 7th September. There was a lot of heavy rains so the progress was slow. There were couple of land and mudslide along the way which addded to a long traffic jam on the mountains. Reached Belgaum around 5:30PM. Yes, it took me whole day to complete 130km distance. Please be very very carefull on the mountain road. Drive slow. Be aware of the road all time, do not go down the road on the sides ever, I saw few cars and trucks stuck on the side of the road.

Stayed overnight on Belgaum as I dont like driving on the night.

Started from Belgaum at 8:15 AM on 8th September and reached Gachibowli around 5:45PM. Took the same route as going from Hyderabad to Goa. Road condition overall is very good baring very few bad patches.

Can't stress enough, but be aware of the speed breakers specially between Kalburgi and Belgaum.

Hyderabad to Humnabad is the 4 lane road with divider.

Humnabad to Goa is 2 lane road without divider.

If anyother information is needed please feel free to ask.

Guest Prashant Srivastava
On 9/4/2019 at 4:19 PM, Ranger said:

Till Belgaum, stick to the Zaheerabad route. 

From  Belgaum instead of taking Choral route, take Dodamarg road.

I think the above user is driving to Panjim.
If you are driving to Baga side, you can avoid Chorla ghat. 

If possible verify the road condition at the check posts. 

On this Saturday (8 september) tried  to take dodamarg - tillari route to Belgaum while returning from Goa. The road condition is very very bad. After about 25kms from Doddamarg the road is closed and was asked to return back through Chorla Ghat road.

Looks like all the roads leading to Goa are in bad shape. 

Better check the details about road closure before going. 

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Musafir
      Hello trippers, Tell your top monsoon destinations from Hyderabad and why?

• By travel.rtc
      *** Even Though this Travel is done back in march ,  by Sleeper Bus and Flight - I think its eligible to get into this Section as I would post pictures  of Road and Few Places of interest. ***

Well The Most Asked Question either in ID whatsApp or Facebook  - Which Route is Best from Hyderabad to Goa and Back.
       -- Teaser Pic

This was done in March and my friend  had to attend an Meeting in Goa - He booked ticket for me But I have  missed out the flight from Hyderabad became blessing in disguise .
       I have booked  VRL travels Sleeper coach Bus to reach Goa the Next day where I could enjoy the journey and being a road enthusiast I preferred sitting in Cabin and Enjoy instead of the sleeper Berth - somehow i felt the sleeper berth cramp and bumpy 
      Bus was scheduled at 19:00 hrs Departure and boarding was at Lakdikapul , where a mini bus took all of us to Aaramgarh , Reached Aaramgarh by 19:00 , but had to wait about half-an hour for the Bus to arrive   .
                      Bus was almost Full and it is due to they have adjusted passengers who booked AC  Seater bus into here   - Where as I have paid 1700+ for sleeper Bus and people who booked 800Rs Ticket were fortunate enough to get into sleeper Bus
      - Picked up a passenger in between , near Shamshabad and slowly Bus picked up and reached a Dhaba Near Jadcherla  for Dinner Break - I had food packed from home and as per fellow passengers food was pathetic and hotel was just OK.
      -- Bu Stared from Jadcherla and took Mahabubnagar road  and below route was taken
        MahabubNagar - Raichur - Madgal - BagalKot- Belgaum - ChorlaGhat - Goa
      -- Below was the Road condition
      Hyderabad - MahabubNagar : Road was Good
      MahabubNagar - Raichur : Road works were on then and little diversions too
      Raichur - Madgal - Bagalkot : Its double road and we have to get down whenever an bigger vehicle or 4 wheeler came from opposite end  and Needless to say while in Karnataka Expect many speed breakers too ..
      Bagalkot - Belgaum : Road was good .. Reached early in the Morning - Hence it was easy to cross Belgaum

Belgaum to Start of the Ghat Road - it was double road and being early morning there was some truck traffic and also travel buses reaching Belgaum , Many people were doing walking /jogging by the side of the road and seen some people doing Yoga too  
      Needs to be careful while driving at the stretch
      --- Once reaching the start of the Ghat Bus has stopped at decent Hotel for Bio Break and it was around 6:00 A:M in the Morning.
      It took around 3 hours to reach Goa [Private Buses Parking Yard] as road was through Ghats  , Some rural villages and little delay at check posts - Being Morning time encountered little traffic reaching Goa ]

Stayed a Hotel Govia Homes Near Candolim Beach - Hotel was home stay kind and had good swimming pool - Able to tour only Candolim and Baga Beaches and a guided tour with mini bus provided 
       All beaches that i have toured were well maintained maximum care is taken to avoid plastic - even though boozing is not allowed at sea shore near by Beaches but i could see few people doing that 

Goa is Pretty costly and Bargain is the funda works here - never hesitate to bargain if you are shopping in the shops road by and Near beaches too
      Food is pathetic and costly especially people from Telangana and Andhra would find food not so good , me being vegetarian has less options to chose and my friends who took non veg said its pathetic and not for spice lovers ..I have seen few people from TS and AP getting Induction stoves and cooking as they found food very very waste in taste .

-- I think there is very much to explore in Goa Beyond Beaches and Booze , something that always pulls back to the place may be its weather , people  or its picturesque locations and Beautiful Beaches   - that might be the reason people  always wants to make it despite of the hard roads and other reasons like cost and stay options - There is always something more left to explore in Goa as per the conversations with people and foreigners who were visiting for nth time who are always finding a new place and Goa wears  different colors accordingly to the different seasons

• By ADITYAAA
      Here's my query regarding the road trip from Hyderabad to Goa in a car.
      I need suggestions of the routes and any stop by places or spots to visit.  
      Helpfully with food places to have breakfast, lunch and dinner ( which probably may be in Goa)  and since this will be in July 2019
      I need some latest suggestions please.

TIA
  • Our picks