India-Drive
  • Welcome!

Welcome to India-Drive, Road trips and travel group. Please register to join us.

SSSS

HYDERABAD to GOA - Best route at present?

PLEASE VOTE FOR THE BEST ROUTE  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Best Route for Hyderabad to Goa (Baga)

• Gachibowli -> Zaheerabad -> Humnabad -> Kalaburgai -> Vijaypura -> Bagalkot -> Belgavi -> Baga  
    • Gachibowli -> Deosugur -> Raichur -> Bagalkot -> Belgavi -> Baga
    • Gachibowli -> Pargi -> Mudhol -> Shahabad -> Jevargi -> Sindagi -> Bagalkot -> Belgavi -> Baga
    • Hyderabad --> Jadcherla --> Raichur --> Lingsugur --> Mudgal --> Hungund --> Bagalkot --> Belgavi --> Kanakumbi --> Bicholim --> Baga (Goa)

Guest Vihar

Hello!!

We are planning a road trip this weekend starting from Hyderabad to Goa and was interested in going via the Hyderabad - Mahbubnagar - Raichur - Bagalkot - Belgaum - Chorla ghat route as its the shortest.
but am not sure about the road conditions between Raichur and Belgaum via the Karnataka SH 20 can anyone comment and suggest please!!

10 hours ago, Guest Vihar said:

Hello!!

We are planning a road trip this weekend starting from Hyderabad to Goa and was interested in going via the Hyderabad - Mahbubnagar - Raichur - Bagalkot - Belgaum - Chorla ghat route as its the shortest.
but am not sure about the road conditions between Raichur and Belgaum via the Karnataka SH 20 can anyone comment and suggest please!!

Hi,

May I know which car would you be driving...? The road is under repair for a very long time with a lot of pot holes which will kill your complete average speed. Toads in Karnataka are decent but has got a lot of speed breakers throughout this stretch. Hyderabad to Mahbubnagar and Belgaum to Chorla ghat are the only good stretches in this track.

• Like 2

On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 1:06 AM, kenny said:

Everyone goes to goa from zaheerabad bagalkot etc but the best and shortest is Hyderbad>Jadcherla>mehboobnagar>raichur>sindhanoor>kushtagi>gajendragadh>gadag>hubbali>belgavi>chorla ghats>goa 

if its a good car and skilled driver, Hyderabad to Goa is achievable in 11 hours. 

This route is the best route,  but travelling in the night should be avoided as the petrol bunks are less and dhabas are not available. 

It totally depends on the car one is driving. The route that you mentioned is no doubt short but it has a lot of roads works going on as per the latest information received.. :) 

• Like 2

Please Suggest safest route from Hyderabad to Goa with family. how much time will it take to reach goa if i start early in the morning in between 3 or 4.

Edited by Anumula172512
  • Like 2

On 5/18/2019 at 12:26 PM, Anumula172512 said:

Please Suggest safest route from Hyderabad to Goa with family. how much time will it take to reach goa if i start early in the morning in between 3 or 4.

Take the below route
Hyderabad -> Zaheerabad -> Humnabad -> Kalaburgai -> Vijaypura -> Bagalkot -> Belgavi -> Baga  
Since Hyderabad to Humnabad is 4-lane there wont be any safety issues. 
Once you cross Humnabad, you will hit single lane sections/villages. By that time you see sun rise. 

• Like 2

On 5/20/2019 at 11:12 AM, Ranger said:

Take the below route
Hyderabad -> Zaheerabad -> Humnabad -> Kalaburgai -> Vijaypura -> Bagalkot -> Belgavi -> Baga  
Since Hyderabad to Humnabad is 4-lane there wont be any safety issues. 
Once you cross Humnabad, you will hit single lane sections/villages. By that time you see sun rise. 

Can you please list down the stop overs/ restaurants with decent rest rooms on this stretch please .

Planning to travel after Aug 10. Start at around 3AM

• Like 3

9 hours ago, SURYAVAMSI said:

Can you please list down the stop overs/ restaurants with decent rest rooms on this stretch please .

Planning to travel after Aug 10. Start at around 3AM

You can plan a stopover at Gulbarga (Kalaburgai)

Hotel : Lumbinis Grand Hotel, decent food and washrooms. 

Next stopover at Belgaum (Belgavi).  You will intersect Pune-Bangalore highway with plenty of decent restaurants.

Once you cross Belgaum and hit the ghat sections, options are very limited.
My update is dated to two years back. 

Not sure about any new restaurants.

3AM is the ideal time to start, all the best for your drive. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Ranger said:

You can plan a stopover at Gulbarga (Kalaburgai)

Hotel : Lumbinis Grand Hotel, decent food and washrooms. 

Next stopover at Belgaum (Belgavi).  You will intersect Pune-Bangalore highway with plenty of decent restaurants.

Once you cross Belgaum and hit the ghat sections, options are very limited.
My update is dated to two years back. 

Not sure about any new restaurants.

3AM is the ideal time to start, all the best for your drive. 

Thanks @Ranger. Also, did anyone check on how the route is from gulbarga to bagalkot through Basavana Bagevadi instead of Bijapur?

Gmaps always seems to suggest that(last time around -2018'August, we took the Bijapur route though)

gulbarga(lumbinis grand hotel) to belgaum byepass is as below as per gmaps:

through basavana bagevadi and bagalkot - 6hr 48 min

through bijapur  and bagalkot - 7hr 32 min

through bijapur and Mudalagi - 7 hr 26 min

Edited by SURYAVAMSI
  • Like 3

ok guys, so this is the best plan that I could come up with. Sharing Gmaps route as well which sticks to highways.

1. Start from BHEL jn towards Zaheerabad, Humnabad

2. Stop at Lumbini's Grand Hotel , Gulbarga.> Distance covered =198km Time= 3hr-35 min 

3. Stop at Qaswa hills restaurant, vijaypura > Distance covered= 148 km Time= 3 hr-00min  [ Total distance= 346 Total Time= 6 hr- 35 min ]

4. Stop at  Saffron Vegetarian Cuisine, Belgaum > Distance covered= 216 km Time=4 hr - 25 min  [ Total distance= 562 Total Time = 11 hr ]

5. Reach at our favourite Beach destination[North Goa]  >  Distance covered= 116 km Time=3 hr - 00 min  [ Total distance= 678 Total Time = 14 hr ]

This gives you rest room/chai/lunch/dinner/stretch breaks every 3-4 hours. I personally would start at 3 .AM and plan to reach by 4 P.M abouts[above timings are google baba's and pretty conservative] 

https://maps.app.goo.gl/2EqHCs1zx7fv56RF6

• Like 4

22 hours ago, SURYAVAMSI said:

2. Stop at Lumbini's Grand Hotel , Gulbarga.> Distance covered =198km Time= 3hr-35 min 

3. Stop at Qaswa hills restaurant, vijaypura > Distance covered= 148 km Time= 3 hr-00min  [ Total distance= 346 Total Time= 6 hr- 35 min ]

4. Stop at  Saffron Vegetarian Cuisine, Belgaum > Distance covered= 216 km Time=4 hr - 25 min  [ Total distance= 562 Total Time = 11 hr ]

5. Reach at our favourite Beach destination[North Goa] emoji4.png >  Distance covered= 116 km Time=3 hr - 00 min  [ Total distance= 678 Total Time = 14 hr ]

So far this is the best plan from Hyderabad to Goa. 

This information can be helpful for many members. 

23 hours ago, SURYAVAMSI said:

Also, did anyone check on how the route is from gulbarga to bagalkot through Basavana Bagevadi instead of Bijapur?

No idea on this route. Preveously we used to do via  Bijapur. 
It is not so great, too many speed bumps and villages.

I think you can try via Basavana. May be you will the planned stopover. 

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 12:55 PM, SURYAVAMSI said:

ok guys, so this is the best plan that I could come up with. Sharing Gmaps route as well which sticks to highways.

5. Reach at our favourite Beach destination[North Goa] emoji4.png >  Distance covered= 116 km Time=3 hr - 00 min  [ Total distance= 678 Total Time = 14 hr ]

This gives you rest room/chai/lunch/dinner/stretch breaks every 3-4 hours. I personally would start at 3 .AM and plan to reach by 4 P.M abouts[above timings are google baba's and pretty conservative] 

Best post on the most confused routes to reach Goa with all the necessary information required for anyone travelling to reach there. Very crisp and clear I would say. Thanks much for sharing an informative post :) 

On 7/15/2019 at 12:55 PM, SURYAVAMSI said:

Hey Vamsi,

We are planned on same date and time. We are 15 members starting in 3 cars. 

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 12:05 AM, myTot said:

Hey Vamsi,

There are road blockages to reach Goa at the moment due to heavy flooding. Please be sure to freeze your plan after knowing the current status on the road to Goa.

• Thanks 1

Guest Rahul T
10 hours ago, sagar said:

There are road blockages to reach Goa at the moment due to heavy flooding. Please be sure to freeze your plan after knowing the current status on the road to Goa.

Is there any way to find out the road closures if possible. Apart from GMaps

16 hours ago, Guest Rahul T said:

Is there any way to find out the road closures if possible. Apart from GMaps

Only way to get the exact information is to get in touch with the locals or wait for the updates from the recent travelers :) 

Finally bit the bullet and here I am...

Considering the mayhem this year's monsoon did to Karnataka and Maharashtra, would it be advisable to travel to Goa towards the end of August? I intend to take the Zaheerabad route and travel in a sedan - Fiat linea 

• Like 1

On 8/10/2019 at 12:05 AM, myTot said:

Hey Vamsi,

Any update on your trip, I am planning to go on the 28of Aug, any information on the road conditions would be immensely helpful.

• Like 1

Well I have cancelled my trip due to the flooded conditions. So no updates from me on this.

August end might make things brighter but then you might want a second opinion from someone who has gone there 

• Like 1

Hello Guys, 

We are planning to Goa starting in the 1st week of Sep 2019 (may be 6th) from Hyderabad by car(swift new model). Any updates on route would be very much helpful. I heard about floods last week in Karnataka. Would september be a good idea. 

Any recent travellers - updates on road conditions ?

Thanks in advance!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, JustExisting said:

We are planning to Goa starting in the 1st week of Sep 2019

I read that most of the ghat sections are open. 
So, September should not be an issue.

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Musafir
      Hello trippers, Tell your top monsoon destinations from Hyderabad and why?

• By travel.rtc
      *** Even Though this Travel is done back in march ,  by Sleeper Bus and Flight - I think its eligible to get into this Section as I would post pictures  of Road and Few Places of interest. ***

Well The Most Asked Question either in ID whatsApp or Facebook  - Which Route is Best from Hyderabad to Goa and Back.
       -- Teaser Pic

This was done in March and my friend  had to attend an Meeting in Goa - He booked ticket for me But I have  missed out the flight from Hyderabad became blessing in disguise .
       I have booked  VRL travels Sleeper coach Bus to reach Goa the Next day where I could enjoy the journey and being a road enthusiast I preferred sitting in Cabin and Enjoy instead of the sleeper Berth - somehow i felt the sleeper berth cramp and bumpy 
      Bus was scheduled at 19:00 hrs Departure and boarding was at Lakdikapul , where a mini bus took all of us to Aaramgarh , Reached Aaramgarh by 19:00 , but had to wait about half-an hour for the Bus to arrive   .
                      Bus was almost Full and it is due to they have adjusted passengers who booked AC  Seater bus into here   - Where as I have paid 1700+ for sleeper Bus and people who booked 800Rs Ticket were fortunate enough to get into sleeper Bus
      - Picked up a passenger in between , near Shamshabad and slowly Bus picked up and reached a Dhaba Near Jadcherla  for Dinner Break - I had food packed from home and as per fellow passengers food was pathetic and hotel was just OK.
      -- Bu Stared from Jadcherla and took Mahabubnagar road  and below route was taken
        MahabubNagar - Raichur - Madgal - BagalKot- Belgaum - ChorlaGhat - Goa
      -- Below was the Road condition
      Hyderabad - MahabubNagar : Road was Good
      MahabubNagar - Raichur : Road works were on then and little diversions too
      Raichur - Madgal - Bagalkot : Its double road and we have to get down whenever an bigger vehicle or 4 wheeler came from opposite end  and Needless to say while in Karnataka Expect many speed breakers too ..
      Bagalkot - Belgaum : Road was good .. Reached early in the Morning - Hence it was easy to cross Belgaum

Belgaum to Start of the Ghat Road - it was double road and being early morning there was some truck traffic and also travel buses reaching Belgaum , Many people were doing walking /jogging by the side of the road and seen some people doing Yoga too  
      Needs to be careful while driving at the stretch
      --- Once reaching the start of the Ghat Bus has stopped at decent Hotel for Bio Break and it was around 6:00 A:M in the Morning.
      It took around 3 hours to reach Goa [Private Buses Parking Yard] as road was through Ghats  , Some rural villages and little delay at check posts - Being Morning time encountered little traffic reaching Goa ]

Stayed a Hotel Govia Homes Near Candolim Beach - Hotel was home stay kind and had good swimming pool - Able to tour only Candolim and Baga Beaches and a guided tour with mini bus provided 
       All beaches that i have toured were well maintained maximum care is taken to avoid plastic - even though boozing is not allowed at sea shore near by Beaches but i could see few people doing that 

Goa is Pretty costly and Bargain is the funda works here - never hesitate to bargain if you are shopping in the shops road by and Near beaches too
      Food is pathetic and costly especially people from Telangana and Andhra would find food not so good , me being vegetarian has less options to chose and my friends who took non veg said its pathetic and not for spice lovers ..I have seen few people from TS and AP getting Induction stoves and cooking as they found food very very waste in taste .

-- I think there is very much to explore in Goa Beyond Beaches and Booze , something that always pulls back to the place may be its weather , people  or its picturesque locations and Beautiful Beaches   - that might be the reason people  always wants to make it despite of the hard roads and other reasons like cost and stay options - There is always something more left to explore in Goa as per the conversations with people and foreigners who were visiting for nth time who are always finding a new place and Goa wears  different colors accordingly to the different seasons

• By ADITYAAA
      Here's my query regarding the road trip from Hyderabad to Goa in a car.
      I need suggestions of the routes and any stop by places or spots to visit.  
      Helpfully with food places to have breakfast, lunch and dinner ( which probably may be in Goa)  and since this will be in July 2019
      I need some latest suggestions please.

TIA
  • Our picks