India-Drive
  • Welcome!

Welcome to India-Drive, Road trips and travel group. Please register to join us.

SSSS

HYDERABAD to GOA - Best route at present?

PLEASE VOTE FOR THE BEST ROUTE  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Best Route for Hyderabad to Goa (Baga)

• Gachibowli -> Zaheerabad -> Humnabad -> Kalaburgai -> Vijaypura -> Bagalkot -> Belgavi -> Baga  
    • Gachibowli -> Deosugur -> Raichur -> Bagalkot -> Belgavi -> Baga
    • Gachibowli -> Pargi -> Mudhol -> Shahabad -> Jevargi -> Sindagi -> Bagalkot -> Belgavi -> Baga
    • Hyderabad --> Jadcherla --> Raichur --> Lingsugur --> Mudgal --> Hungund --> Bagalkot --> Belgavi --> Kanakumbi --> Bicholim --> Baga (Goa)

Guest Koushik

Planning to visit Goa from Hyderabad on 13th Oct, with family (and small kids). What is the best route to take? Please suggest. Confused as Google map shows 3 routes and not sure what is the best one in terms of present road condition. TIA

On ‎9‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 12:07 AM, Guest Koushik said:

Planning to visit Goa from Hyderabad on 13th Oct, with family (and small kids). What is the best route to take? Please suggest. Confused as Google map shows 3 routes and not sure what is the best one in terms of present road condition. TIA

Hi Koushik, I've been to Goa last weekend and have tried this route :   Hyderabad --> Humnabad --> Bagalkot --> Belgavi --> Kanakumbi --> Bicholim --> Baga   

I would recommend you to do this route you are doing this drive during the day time..

If you are starting at 4 or 5 AM.. you will have an advantage if you take this route and will reach Goa by 6 or 7 PM.

• Like 2

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 9:25 AM, p3k said:

I am planning to Goa this October. Trying  to follow

Hyderabad -> Humnabad -> Gulbarga -> Vijayapura -> Sankeshwar -> Amboli -> Sawantwadi -> North Goa.

I wanted to travel thru Amboli ghat & hence this route .. any suggestions form the group is welcome..

Yes you can take the above route but you don't have to touch Satwandi... You can drive down directly to the North Goa.

Arambol, Ashwem and Mandrem are a few places which seemed best to me during my recent trip last week. These places are not much populated as the others like Anjuna, Baga and Calangute. :) 

• Like 3

Hi Sagar,

I checked in the Google, that road directly  from Amboli to North Goa is a white line (Not a major Highway) not a yellow highway. Hence I am skeptical about taking that. If you are sure of the road condition.. I can even take that.

• Like 4

On 9/24/2018 at 12:01 PM, p3k said:

Hi Sagar,

I checked in the Google, that road directly  from Amboli to North Goa is a white line (Not a major Highway) not a yellow highway. Hence I am skeptical about taking that. If you are sure of the road condition.. I can even take that.

May I know where in north goa is your destination? I can suggest accordingly :) 

On 9/24/2018 at 12:01 PM, p3k said:

Hi Sagar,

All roads in Goa are good. Only thing is that, they are quite narrow single lane roads.. But still, quite easy to access and free from traffic jams :) So, I don't think it should be a problem.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sagar said:

Yes you can take the above route but you don't have to touch Satwandi... You can drive down directly to the North Goa.

Arambol, Ashwem and Mandrem are a few places which seemed best to me during my recent trip last week. These places are not much populated as the others like Anjuna, Baga and Calangute. :) 

Hi Sagar,

Is the direct road between Amboli & north Goa  is a major road (highway). In google maps it is represented with a white line unlike a highway which will be in yellow line. Is that road safe & good?

• Like 4

I have suggested you the road between Satuli to Banda because, it is more scenic and day time there would be no question of scare :D The other route via Satwandi has a few jams in between which will delay your travel by 30 mins approximately and it is the usual main road.

So, I don't think it should be a problem.

Orels, if in case, it gets dark by the time you reach Satuli, you can take the route via Satwandi.. If it's still day time around 4 PM at Satuli, definitely take the scenic route till Banda.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, p3k said:

Hi Sagar,

Hi Sagar,

I need to go DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Goa - Arpora - Baga

• Like 4

I would recommend you to go with the route via Vijaypura and Amboli if in case you start off around 4 or 5 AM in the morning.. Els, choose the route via Bagalkot... Both the routes are almost the same but the route via Bagalkot gets crowded during the evening times which might eat up at least 30 mins of your travel time easily.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sagar said:

I would recommend you to go with the route via Vijaypura and Amboli if in case you start off around 4 or 5 AM in the morning.. Els, choose the route via Bagalkot... Both the routes are almost the same but the route via Bagalkot gets crowded during the evening times which might eat up at least 30 mins of your travel time easily.

Most probably, I will be starting in the evening & will be taking a break at Kalaburagi & then will be prceeding next day morning 5 or 6AM

• Like 4

If that's the option, I think there shouldn't be any problem.. But, do not risk it by driving down in the night. It gets a little confusing and is also risky :) Do update us back on the road status and your trip details after you are done with the trip :) 

• Like 3

Hi, going to be doing Hyderabad to South Goa and from all the previous posts this looks like the best route suggested

Hyderabad --> Jadcherla --> Raichur --> Lingsugur --> Mudgal --> Hungund  --> Bagalkot --> ( Lokapur; Nesargi; M K Hubli) Mollem --> Varca

Does anybody have any suggestions for a better route or an update on road conditions. Google Maps is suggesting the via NH 65 route which I remember last driving back from Mumbai was a terrible segment. Any inputs appreciated. Thanks

• Like 3

Welcome on board Leo.

Previously best route is via Raichur.
Now people are driving via Zaheerabad.

When did you last drove on Mumbai highway?
Roads have improved a lot now.

Between Hyderabad to Goa is always a mess!

• Like 4

Hey @Leo,

Status of both the routes are equally the same if you are looking at comparing between the available two options.. Both of them have the best roads and also the bad stretches.

I usually take the below route every year

Hyderabad --> Jadcherla --> Raichur --> Lingsugur --> Mudgal --> Hungund  --> Bagalkot --> Belgavi --> Kanakumbi --> Bicholim --> Baga

But I've been to Goa during the 2nd week of September and I have tried this route :   Hyderabad --> Humnabad --> Bagalkot --> Belgavi --> Kanakumbi --> Bicholim --> Mandrem 

I would recommend you to do this route if you are doing this drive during the day time.. If you start late you will eat up most of the time from Bagalkot.

If you are starting at 4 or 5 AM.. you will have an advantage if you take this route and will reach Goa by 6 or 7 PM.

• Like 4

Most probably, I will be starting in the evening & will be taking a break at Kalaburagi & then will be prceeding next day morning 5 or 6AM
For the safety, sightseeing and driving comfort try to drive in the daylight...
  • Like 4

Guest kannaiah

Hi Sagar

Can we go in a gear-less bike from Hyderabad to Goa
route is Hyderabad - Mahbooobnager - Raichur - Belgaum - Goa

We are planning to start at 2pm in the afternoon and without night halt anywhere!

Also any tips would be helpful.

10 hours ago, Guest kannaiah said:

It can be done easily. 

10 hours ago, Guest kannaiah said:

route is Hyderabad - Mahbooobnager - Raichur - Belgaum - Goa

Heard Raichur  road is under construction. 

It is better to take Kalaburgai route. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Guest kannaiah said:

Wow on a gear-less scooter.

Would love to hear your story. 

I know few people even completed Leh on scooters. 

Please let us know your progress. 😎

• Like 4

Wow on a gear-less scooter.
Would love to hear your story. 

I know few people even completed Leh on scooters. 
Please let us know your progress. 

Carry waist support..u may need to recharge at the end of day
  • Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By SK01
      Exploring Yanam Part 1

Origin: Ramachandrapuram, East Godavari, Andhra Pradesh.
      Destination: Yanam, Puducherry.

Route Taken: Ramachandrapuram - Tallapolam - Draksharamam - Kuyyeru - Yanam
      Start Time:5:10AM
      Distance: 27KMS
      Time Taken: 1hr 
      Car: Honda City VX i-VTEC
      Mileage: 13.2KMPL
      Road Condition: Mix of good, average, bad and worst. 
      Scenic Views: Single lane roads with beautiful scenes at either side of the roads. The roads are surrounded by lush green farms on either side. 

Trip Report

Yanam, the place that I first visited in 2013, when I was 17. And this time again I wanted to visit the place only to know it better and love it more...

Started early in the morning at 5:10 and reached the area in 1hr. 

The only thing I thought I could do in the place is to take the initial sunrise photo touching the waters. That's a beautiful sight and I never missed that. But surprisingly this time I got more than what I expected. I got to know about the area more and explore the area and the backwaters. This time, unfortunately, I could take my favourite shot, the sun touching the waters because of clouds. But got a chance to explore the area a bit. 

It was 7:00 AM, the sun just started rising pushing the clouds aside. And there I saw a person in a white shirt and white pant, assumed him to be a local and approached him to inquire more about the place. To my surprise, he turned out to be the government boat operator. Upon asking him, he arranged a boat ride into the waters and at 7:15 I was on the boat moving gently on the backwaters. 

The boat driver Ramakrishna, is a very nice guy. I finished taking photos and started talking with him. he spoke many things, from the political situation in Puducherry and Andhra Pradesh, their lives, the local MLA and not to forget, the insider information about the place.  Yanam, a very beautiful place, mostly unexplored and left undeveloped. "Yanam chala manchi ooru Saru, Kani Chala mandi teliyaka raru. Tourists perigite maku income perugutundi" said the boat driver. 
      Yanam indeed is a really beautiful place, there are many places to explore from Yanam. 

The first one, 

Bhairavapalem Mangrove Forests (Where we can find many rare migratory birds. It takes 2 hours to come and 2 hours stay on this island. Total of 6 hours. Price for 10 is 6000 INR) Koringa Mangrove Forests And many small unexplored islands (We can find many migratory birds)  
      I think the area should be developed, but that development shouldn't destroy the natural beauty and serenity of the place. The local activities early in the morning, sunrise, birds chirping and the fishing activities are really beautiful and the development should not destroy these...

Part 2 coming soon... I'll be writing about the places that in have visited in part 2.  

Places to stay:
      The Regency Hotel (best for families as per trip advisor) Sarva Inn Puducherry Government Guest House   
      Few Pictures

• By Pulkit
      I am planning a trip to GOA from HYD by car next weekend.
      So anyone can suggest me the best route for that?

I am planning to leave around 2:00 AM from Hyderabad to Goa which way i have to take?
    • By vishwatalati
      Hello All.'

I am driving down from Hyderabad to Mumbai. My first road trip. I would request you all to help me with planning my journey and preps for the journey. It's me and my wife traveling.
      I am taking my Tata Tiago NRG.
      TIA.
    • By SSSS
      What is a CB Radio?
      A CB or Citizen Band radio is for the purpose of general population use. This is a short distance radio communication system between individuals.

How important is CB (Citizen Band) Radio for a trip like Ladakh?
      Somewhat important, it is useful when there is no mobile network available and a communication is required. But it is worth when more people have the CB radio in their vehicle and are actually tuned to the correct frequency. It is certainly useful for a group of cars travelling and wants to communicate (Clarkson - May - Hammond) while on the move. Yes a Walkie Talkie may fulfill the need but you would need a multi channel walkie talkie which again require a licence. Also, walkie talkie would require the charging and that means another dock on the dashboard, whereas CB radios can be connected to be battery directly and do not require any additional charging arrangements.

Are CB radios LEGAL in India and does it require any Licence? 
      Absolutely Legal and No licence required. As the name suggests, Citizen Band radio is meant for the general population use.  There is a set  frequency band that extends from 26.957 MHz to 27.283 MHz. As per the  Indian Wireless Telegraphy Act, 1933, by Notification No G.S.R. 533(E) dated 12 August 2005( Click here to read the Notification), the establishment of, maintenance of, working with, possession of or dealing with in wireless equipment operating in Citizen Band (CB) was exempted from licensing.

Why is CB Radio not very popular in India?
      The answer is somewhat simple to answer, Indian market has seen the uprising of personal car market in only last two decades, where as before that the sale what somewhat limited and the buying power of consumer was low. In countries where like USA where CB radios are pretty popular and are general accessory of any long hauler. Even in India, many transport companies in order to make their truck, cargo and people safe are opting to get CB radios fitted in their fleet.

Albeit the concept is very old, in India the idea of having a two way radio in cars as an accessory is seldom.

• Gandikota meetup on January 26 and 27th