India-Drive
  • Welcome!

Welcome to India-Drive, Road trips and travel group. Please register to join us.

SSSS

HYDERABAD to GOA - Best route at present?

PLEASE VOTE FOR THE BEST ROUTE  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Best Route for Hyderabad to Goa (Baga)

• Gachibowli -> Zaheerabad -> Humnabad -> Kalaburgai -> Vijaypura -> Bagalkot -> Belgavi -> Baga  
    • Gachibowli -> Deosugur -> Raichur -> Bagalkot -> Belgavi -> Baga
    • Gachibowli -> Pargi -> Mudhol -> Shahabad -> Jevargi -> Sindagi -> Bagalkot -> Belgavi -> Baga
    • Hyderabad --> Jadcherla --> Raichur --> Lingsugur --> Mudgal --> Hungund --> Bagalkot --> Belgavi --> Kanakumbi --> Bicholim --> Baga (Goa)

Guest Rahul
On 30/11/2017 at 4:54 PM, driveking said:

Hyderabad --> Jadcherla --> Raichur --> Lingsugur --> Mudgal --> Hungund  --> Bagalkot --> Belgavi --> Kanakumbi --> Bicholim --> Baga (Goa)

Hey thats a great news...how much time on an average would it take.. 12 hours ? 

13 hours ago, Guest Rahul said:

Hey thats a great news...how much time on an average would it take.. 12 hours ? 

It would take about 12 to 13 hours approximately including a breakfast and a lunch breaks in between. Also, it is recommended to start early around 4 or 5 AM in the morning.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Guest Rahul said:

how much time on an average would it take.. 12 hours ? 

Yeah, drive time is around 12 hours.

You need to drive non stop to cover Hyderabad to Goa  12 hours.
Add up breaks to that, It should be around 13~14 hours. 

1 hour ago, sagar said:

Also, it is recommended to start early around 4 or 5 AM in the morning

That is the perfect time to start.
Since the roads are almost single lane, you can cover more distance during early hours.
Less traffic around towns and villages. 

• Like 1

my 2 cents, we should petition our central transport minister and GOA CM Parikar to have straight high way from Hyderabad to Goa. That surely increase the tourism in Goa :-)

• Like 2

23 hours ago, sahil said:

my 2 cents, we should petition our central transport minister and GOA CM Parikar to have straight high way from Hyderabad to Goa. That surely increase the tourism in Goa :-)

Haha... I still doubt if the petition does get a change :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/23/2018 at 11:37 AM, sahil said:

Hyderabad to Goa

Hyderabad to Goa route is one of the most challenging road to drive. 
Most of it is state highway.
Numerous turns, speed bumps, villages, towns..list is endless.

A simple mistake, can land us on worst roads. 

It is always a mess, best route changes every quarter of the year. 

• Like 1

Hi Friends,

I am planning to travel to Hyderabad (Necklace road) from Mapusa Goa on 31st Jan, I have been researching on the road conditions and I honestly found this site Numero Uno.

But, as I read the posts, I get to see the Hyderabad to Goa or vice versa has always been stressful.

Please advice.

Thank you.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, KSP said:

I get to see the Hyderabad to Goa or vice versa has always been stressful.

No matter which road you select, Hyderabad to Goa is always stressful. 

Only thigh I can suggest is to start as early as possible(4 AM), so that you can reach Hyderabad before 7 PM.

Which route you are planning to take?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, KSP said:

I am planning to take the bagalkot road.

Yeah @KSP, You can take the following route..

Goa - Belgavi - Bagalkot - Lingsugur - Raichur - Hyderabad.

It is stressful but you can ease out on that if you make an early start around 4 AM. Also, be prepared to encounter the numerable speed breakers in Karnataka all across.. Drive safe and a happy journey.

• Like 1

Guest Chopra

Hi friends, nice discussion however latest trips update by members are missing. Can I request update by all who have recently travelled thanks

Hi All,

i was Just inspired by you people in this section, as per your suggestions in this conversation i went to Goa on 15th March 2018.

as per your suggestion and my experiance  - this below route is superb

Hyderabad --> Jadcherla --> Raichur --> Lingsugur --> Mudgal --> Hungund  --> Bagalkot --> Belgavi --> Kanakumbi --> Bicholim --> Baga (Goa)

in the middle of Raichur to Lingsugur (some road is under construction)  -nearly 5kms road is not good.

i'll update my whole trip in next post. once i'm free

cheers

• Like 1

1 hour ago, krantee said:

this below route is superb

Thank you for the latest update Krantee.
It will be very helpful for the members.

nearly 5kms road is not good.

5 kilometers is not bad considering other options. 

i'll update my whole trip in next post. once i'm free

Great, would love to see some pictures and our travel story. 

Hi all,

Here is the brief about our Journey from HYDERABAD (jntu) to GOA (Baga beach).

Before starting to GOA  - my Chotu (Nissan Micra) has been ready with shower and filled with Fuel & nitrogen.

We started at 15th Midnight (12:10am)

It took us  25 minutes to reach the ORR (exit no 19)

We started driving on ORR up to EXIT 16 (which is Bangalore highway)

Took the ORR exit 16 and entered into the Bangalore highway (NH44)  (which is 4 line highway ) 

We came accross one Toll (which costed ua 60 bucks for 4 wheeler at raikal) up to 102 KM's it's 4 way lane highway.
We had a small tea break over there and took a right turn at kandoor (which is 2 lane) - road is average (small patches).
We continued our journey for nearly 7 or 8 km's and we took a left turn which is - NH 167 (Raichur - Mahaboobnagar road)

We drove up to 85 Km's (5 km's road winding is work on this section), after this  strech we took a right turn which heads to Lingusgur.
We drove around 150 kilometers and We took a left turn to enter into NH 150A, after 60 km's we entered into NH 150 (which is Hungund).

On this section there is a railway gate and some windmills (so nice to see them in action)
Finally by early morning, we reached Bagalkot had a breakfast.

From Bagalkot we started our journey towards belgum (belgavi ).
In Belgum, we were struck in the traffic (took  us1 hour to out from the belgum area) -

Then we entered the most awaited Ghat section.
Ghat road in forest is nearly 67 km's you can test your Driving skills here.
Roads are too good in ghat section, some of the best roads in the country. 

You can find some pics here below, after the Ghat road.
We enter into the Goa, it took us some time and finally we reached Baga beach.

so finally this is the best route:

I can assure you this is the best route to GOA - you won't get any tiredness - that's for sure :)

if you have any doubts - you can ask us here - thanks for the one who make this platform to discussions.

Cheers,

Krantee

IMAG1920[1].jpg

IMG_20180316_000956.jpg

IMG_20180316_020123.jpg

IMG_20180316_023629.jpg

IMAG1945[1].jpg

IMAG1947[1].jpg

IMAG1952[1].jpg

IMAG1954[1].jpg

IMAG1957[1].jpg

IMAG1958[1].jpg

IMAG1961[1].jpg

DSC_0a111.jpg

DSC_0497.JPG

DSC_0516.JPG

DSC_0502.JPG

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, krantee said:

Here is the brief about our Journey from HYDERABAD (jntu) to GOA (Baga beach).

Excellent review.
Roads have imporved a lot compared to last year.
Thank you for sharing.

• Like 1

Guest Prashant Shrivastava

How much time it took you to reach to Goa from Hyderabad ?

Guest Lindel

@krantee

Hi buddy, thanks a lot for updating the road condition and the best route to be taken to Goa from Hyderabad. It would be great if you can tell us the time taken for this route and decent food stop options available for a family to take a break during the drive as decent washrooms would be prior to food during our journey.

19 hours ago, Guest Prashant Shrivastava said:

How much time it took you to reach to Goa from Hyderabad ?

for us this ride took 15 hours (3 hours break in it ). so roughly it will take 12 hours exactly for small cars

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Guest Lindel said:

@krantee

Hi buddy, thanks a lot for updating the road condition and the best route to be taken to Goa from Hyderabad. It would be great if you can tell us the time taken for this route and decent food stop options available for a family to take a break during the drive as decent washrooms would be prior to food during our journey.

it's depend up on the driving skills, approximately it will take 12 hours for non -stop journey, best food stops means all are smaller kind of villages, in this bagalkot or belgum you will have good dhaba's and all, in Telangana (mahaboobnagar some restaurants are there)

• Like 1

I am planning to Goa this October. Trying  to follow

Hyderabad -> Humnabad -> Gulbarga -> Vijayapura -> Sankeshwar -> Amboli -> Sawantwadi -> North Goa.

I wanted to travel thru Amboli ghat & hence this route .. any suggestions form the group is welcome..

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By SK01
      Exploring Yanam Part 1

Origin: Ramachandrapuram, East Godavari, Andhra Pradesh.
      Destination: Yanam, Puducherry.

Route Taken: Ramachandrapuram - Tallapolam - Draksharamam - Kuyyeru - Yanam
      Start Time:5:10AM
      Distance: 27KMS
      Time Taken: 1hr 
      Car: Honda City VX i-VTEC
      Mileage: 13.2KMPL
      Road Condition: Mix of good, average, bad and worst. 
      Scenic Views: Single lane roads with beautiful scenes at either side of the roads. The roads are surrounded by lush green farms on either side. 

Trip Report

Yanam, the place that I first visited in 2013, when I was 17. And this time again I wanted to visit the place only to know it better and love it more...

Started early in the morning at 5:10 and reached the area in 1hr. 

The only thing I thought I could do in the place is to take the initial sunrise photo touching the waters. That's a beautiful sight and I never missed that. But surprisingly this time I got more than what I expected. I got to know about the area more and explore the area and the backwaters. This time, unfortunately, I could take my favourite shot, the sun touching the waters because of clouds. But got a chance to explore the area a bit. 

It was 7:00 AM, the sun just started rising pushing the clouds aside. And there I saw a person in a white shirt and white pant, assumed him to be a local and approached him to inquire more about the place. To my surprise, he turned out to be the government boat operator. Upon asking him, he arranged a boat ride into the waters and at 7:15 I was on the boat moving gently on the backwaters. 

The boat driver Ramakrishna, is a very nice guy. I finished taking photos and started talking with him. he spoke many things, from the political situation in Puducherry and Andhra Pradesh, their lives, the local MLA and not to forget, the insider information about the place.  Yanam, a very beautiful place, mostly unexplored and left undeveloped. "Yanam chala manchi ooru Saru, Kani Chala mandi teliyaka raru. Tourists perigite maku income perugutundi" said the boat driver. 
      Yanam indeed is a really beautiful place, there are many places to explore from Yanam. 

The first one, 

Bhairavapalem Mangrove Forests (Where we can find many rare migratory birds. It takes 2 hours to come and 2 hours stay on this island. Total of 6 hours. Price for 10 is 6000 INR) Koringa Mangrove Forests And many small unexplored islands (We can find many migratory birds)  
      I think the area should be developed, but that development shouldn't destroy the natural beauty and serenity of the place. The local activities early in the morning, sunrise, birds chirping and the fishing activities are really beautiful and the development should not destroy these...

Part 2 coming soon... I'll be writing about the places that in have visited in part 2.  

Places to stay:
      The Regency Hotel (best for families as per trip advisor) Sarva Inn Puducherry Government Guest House   
      Few Pictures

• By Pulkit
      I am planning a trip to GOA from HYD by car next weekend.
      So anyone can suggest me the best route for that?

I am planning to leave around 2:00 AM from Hyderabad to Goa which way i have to take?
    • By vishwatalati
      Hello All.'

I am driving down from Hyderabad to Mumbai. My first road trip. I would request you all to help me with planning my journey and preps for the journey. It's me and my wife traveling.
      I am taking my Tata Tiago NRG.
      TIA.
    • By SSSS
      What is a CB Radio?
      A CB or Citizen Band radio is for the purpose of general population use. This is a short distance radio communication system between individuals.

How important is CB (Citizen Band) Radio for a trip like Ladakh?
      Somewhat important, it is useful when there is no mobile network available and a communication is required. But it is worth when more people have the CB radio in their vehicle and are actually tuned to the correct frequency. It is certainly useful for a group of cars travelling and wants to communicate (Clarkson - May - Hammond) while on the move. Yes a Walkie Talkie may fulfill the need but you would need a multi channel walkie talkie which again require a licence. Also, walkie talkie would require the charging and that means another dock on the dashboard, whereas CB radios can be connected to be battery directly and do not require any additional charging arrangements.

Are CB radios LEGAL in India and does it require any Licence? 
      Absolutely Legal and No licence required. As the name suggests, Citizen Band radio is meant for the general population use.  There is a set  frequency band that extends from 26.957 MHz to 27.283 MHz. As per the  Indian Wireless Telegraphy Act, 1933, by Notification No G.S.R. 533(E) dated 12 August 2005( Click here to read the Notification), the establishment of, maintenance of, working with, possession of or dealing with in wireless equipment operating in Citizen Band (CB) was exempted from licensing.

Why is CB Radio not very popular in India?
      The answer is somewhat simple to answer, Indian market has seen the uprising of personal car market in only last two decades, where as before that the sale what somewhat limited and the buying power of consumer was low. In countries where like USA where CB radios are pretty popular and are general accessory of any long hauler. Even in India, many transport companies in order to make their truck, cargo and people safe are opting to get CB radios fitted in their fleet.

Albeit the concept is very old, in India the idea of having a two way radio in cars as an accessory is seldom.

• Gandikota meetup on January 26 and 27th