India-Drive
  • Welcome!

Welcome to India-Drive, Road trips and travel group. Please register to join us.

SSSS

HYDERABAD to GOA - Best route at present?

PLEASE VOTE FOR THE BEST ROUTE  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Best Route for Hyderabad to Goa (Baga)

• Gachibowli -> Zaheerabad -> Humnabad -> Kalaburgai -> Vijaypura -> Bagalkot -> Belgavi -> Baga  
    • Gachibowli -> Deosugur -> Raichur -> Bagalkot -> Belgavi -> Baga
    • Gachibowli -> Pargi -> Mudhol -> Shahabad -> Jevargi -> Sindagi -> Bagalkot -> Belgavi -> Baga
    • Hyderabad --> Jadcherla --> Raichur --> Lingsugur --> Mudgal --> Hungund --> Bagalkot --> Belgavi --> Kanakumbi --> Bicholim --> Baga (Goa)

Guest Rahul
On 30/11/2017 at 4:54 PM, driveking said:

Hyderabad --> Jadcherla --> Raichur --> Lingsugur --> Mudgal --> Hungund  --> Bagalkot --> Belgavi --> Kanakumbi --> Bicholim --> Baga (Goa)

Hey thats a great news...how much time on an average would it take.. 12 hours ? 

13 hours ago, Guest Rahul said:

Hey thats a great news...how much time on an average would it take.. 12 hours ? 

It would take about 12 to 13 hours approximately including a breakfast and a lunch breaks in between. Also, it is recommended to start early around 4 or 5 AM in the morning.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Guest Rahul said:

how much time on an average would it take.. 12 hours ? 

Yeah, drive time is around 12 hours.

You need to drive non stop to cover Hyderabad to Goa  12 hours.
Add up breaks to that, It should be around 13~14 hours. 

1 hour ago, sagar said:

Also, it is recommended to start early around 4 or 5 AM in the morning

That is the perfect time to start.
Since the roads are almost single lane, you can cover more distance during early hours.
Less traffic around towns and villages. 

• Like 1

my 2 cents, we should petition our central transport minister and GOA CM Parikar to have straight high way from Hyderabad to Goa. That surely increase the tourism in Goa :-)

• Like 2

23 hours ago, sahil said:

my 2 cents, we should petition our central transport minister and GOA CM Parikar to have straight high way from Hyderabad to Goa. That surely increase the tourism in Goa :-)

Haha... I still doubt if the petition does get a change :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/23/2018 at 11:37 AM, sahil said:

Hyderabad to Goa

Hyderabad to Goa route is one of the most challenging road to drive. 
Most of it is state highway.
Numerous turns, speed bumps, villages, towns..list is endless.

A simple mistake, can land us on worst roads. 

It is always a mess, best route changes every quarter of the year. 

• Like 1

Hi Friends,

I am planning to travel to Hyderabad (Necklace road) from Mapusa Goa on 31st Jan, I have been researching on the road conditions and I honestly found this site Numero Uno.

But, as I read the posts, I get to see the Hyderabad to Goa or vice versa has always been stressful.

Please advice.

Thank you.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, KSP said:

I get to see the Hyderabad to Goa or vice versa has always been stressful.

No matter which road you select, Hyderabad to Goa is always stressful. 

Only thigh I can suggest is to start as early as possible(4 AM), so that you can reach Hyderabad before 7 PM.

Which route you are planning to take?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, KSP said:

I am planning to take the bagalkot road.

Yeah @KSP, You can take the following route..

Goa - Belgavi - Bagalkot - Lingsugur - Raichur - Hyderabad.

It is stressful but you can ease out on that if you make an early start around 4 AM. Also, be prepared to encounter the numerable speed breakers in Karnataka all across.. Drive safe and a happy journey.

• Like 1

Guest Chopra

Hi friends, nice discussion however latest trips update by members are missing. Can I request update by all who have recently travelled thanks

Hi All,

i was Just inspired by you people in this section, as per your suggestions in this conversation i went to Goa on 15th March 2018.

as per your suggestion and my experiance  - this below route is superb

Hyderabad --> Jadcherla --> Raichur --> Lingsugur --> Mudgal --> Hungund  --> Bagalkot --> Belgavi --> Kanakumbi --> Bicholim --> Baga (Goa)

in the middle of Raichur to Lingsugur (some road is under construction)  -nearly 5kms road is not good.

i'll update my whole trip in next post. once i'm free

cheers

• Like 1

1 hour ago, krantee said:

this below route is superb

Thank you for the latest update Krantee.
It will be very helpful for the members.

nearly 5kms road is not good.

5 kilometers is not bad considering other options. 

i'll update my whole trip in next post. once i'm free

Great, would love to see some pictures and our travel story. 

Hi all,

Here is the brief about our Journey from HYDERABAD (jntu) to GOA (Baga beach).

Before starting to GOA  - my Chotu (Nissan Micra) has been ready with shower and filled with Fuel & nitrogen.

We started at 15th Midnight (12:10am)

It took us  25 minutes to reach the ORR (exit no 19)

We started driving on ORR up to EXIT 16 (which is Bangalore highway)

Took the ORR exit 16 and entered into the Bangalore highway (NH44)  (which is 4 line highway ) 

We came accross one Toll (which costed ua 60 bucks for 4 wheeler at raikal) up to 102 KM's it's 4 way lane highway.
We had a small tea break over there and took a right turn at kandoor (which is 2 lane) - road is average (small patches).
We continued our journey for nearly 7 or 8 km's and we took a left turn which is - NH 167 (Raichur - Mahaboobnagar road)

We drove up to 85 Km's (5 km's road winding is work on this section), after this  strech we took a right turn which heads to Lingusgur.
We drove around 150 kilometers and We took a left turn to enter into NH 150A, after 60 km's we entered into NH 150 (which is Hungund).

On this section there is a railway gate and some windmills (so nice to see them in action)
Finally by early morning, we reached Bagalkot had a breakfast.

From Bagalkot we started our journey towards belgum (belgavi ).
In Belgum, we were struck in the traffic (took  us1 hour to out from the belgum area) -

Then we entered the most awaited Ghat section.
Ghat road in forest is nearly 67 km's you can test your Driving skills here.
Roads are too good in ghat section, some of the best roads in the country. 

You can find some pics here below, after the Ghat road.
We enter into the Goa, it took us some time and finally we reached Baga beach.

so finally this is the best route:

I can assure you this is the best route to GOA - you won't get any tiredness - that's for sure :)

if you have any doubts - you can ask us here - thanks for the one who make this platform to discussions.

Cheers,

Krantee

IMAG1920[1].jpg

IMG_20180316_000956.jpg

IMG_20180316_020123.jpg

IMG_20180316_023629.jpg

IMAG1945[1].jpg

IMAG1947[1].jpg

IMAG1952[1].jpg

IMAG1954[1].jpg

IMAG1957[1].jpg

IMAG1958[1].jpg

IMAG1961[1].jpg

DSC_0a111.jpg

DSC_0497.JPG

DSC_0516.JPG

DSC_0502.JPG

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, krantee said:

Here is the brief about our Journey from HYDERABAD (jntu) to GOA (Baga beach).

Excellent review.
Roads have imporved a lot compared to last year.
Thank you for sharing.

• Like 1

Guest Prashant Shrivastava

How much time it took you to reach to Goa from Hyderabad ?

Guest Lindel

@krantee

Hi buddy, thanks a lot for updating the road condition and the best route to be taken to Goa from Hyderabad. It would be great if you can tell us the time taken for this route and decent food stop options available for a family to take a break during the drive as decent washrooms would be prior to food during our journey.

19 hours ago, Guest Prashant Shrivastava said:

How much time it took you to reach to Goa from Hyderabad ?

for us this ride took 15 hours (3 hours break in it ). so roughly it will take 12 hours exactly for small cars

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Guest Lindel said:

@krantee

Hi buddy, thanks a lot for updating the road condition and the best route to be taken to Goa from Hyderabad. It would be great if you can tell us the time taken for this route and decent food stop options available for a family to take a break during the drive as decent washrooms would be prior to food during our journey.

it's depend up on the driving skills, approximately it will take 12 hours for non -stop journey, best food stops means all are smaller kind of villages, in this bagalkot or belgum you will have good dhaba's and all, in Telangana (mahaboobnagar some restaurants are there)

• Like 1

I am planning to Goa this October. Trying  to follow

Hyderabad -> Humnabad -> Gulbarga -> Vijayapura -> Sankeshwar -> Amboli -> Sawantwadi -> North Goa.

I wanted to travel thru Amboli ghat & hence this route .. any suggestions form the group is welcome..

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By vishwatalati
      Hello All.'

I am driving down from Hyderabad to Mumbai. My first road trip. I would request you all to help me with planning my journey and preps for the journey. It's me and my wife traveling.
      I am taking my Tata Tiago NRG.
      TIA.
    • By SSSS
      What is a CB Radio?
      A CB or Citizen Band radio is for the purpose of general population use. This is a short distance radio communication system between individuals.

How important is CB (Citizen Band) Radio for a trip like Ladakh?
      Somewhat important, it is useful when there is no mobile network available and a communication is required. But it is worth when more people have the CB radio in their vehicle and are actually tuned to the correct frequency. It is certainly useful for a group of cars travelling and wants to communicate (Clarkson - May - Hammond) while on the move. Yes a Walkie Talkie may fulfill the need but you would need a multi channel walkie talkie which again require a licence. Also, walkie talkie would require the charging and that means another dock on the dashboard, whereas CB radios can be connected to be battery directly and do not require any additional charging arrangements.

Are CB radios LEGAL in India and does it require any Licence? 
      Absolutely Legal and No licence required. As the name suggests, Citizen Band radio is meant for the general population use.  There is a set  frequency band that extends from 26.957 MHz to 27.283 MHz. As per the  Indian Wireless Telegraphy Act, 1933, by Notification No G.S.R. 533(E) dated 12 August 2005( Click here to read the Notification), the establishment of, maintenance of, working with, possession of or dealing with in wireless equipment operating in Citizen Band (CB) was exempted from licensing.

Why is CB Radio not very popular in India?
      The answer is somewhat simple to answer, Indian market has seen the uprising of personal car market in only last two decades, where as before that the sale what somewhat limited and the buying power of consumer was low. In countries where like USA where CB radios are pretty popular and are general accessory of any long hauler. Even in India, many transport companies in order to make their truck, cargo and people safe are opting to get CB radios fitted in their fleet.

Albeit the concept is very old, in India the idea of having a two way radio in cars as an accessory is seldom.

• By ksa171983
      Finally I did a good trip in my new car with family and did a decent  amount of miles which was quite an adventure due the flood warning at mangalore , zero visibility warning at chikmangalur.

Route:
      Hyderabad-Chikmangalur-Dharmasthala-mangalore-Udupi-murdeswar-kumta-hyderabad.

We had our stay booked for 2 nights at chikmangalur,1 night  at mangalore,3 nights at kumta.

Chikmanglur Stay: Treebo Sunrise (9/10) but one staff named Dharani was just outstanding.
      Mangalore Stay:Treebo Pappilo palace(3/10). Bad staff, bad rooms.
      Kumta stay: Blue ocean sands (8/10) isolated place near beach. It was isolated due to weekdays but when we were checking out on Saturday we saw the crowd coming in. The place was very peaceful and I like peaceful places

Car:Jeep Compass Deisel Limited.
      Total distance : 2291.6
      Mileage:16.2

Day1 :: Towards chikmangalur
      I had two route options to take one was a diversion from Ananthpur which looked short and the other one was through Hassan highway towards chikmangalur.
      Enroute saw that KIA motors factory was in full swing .
      Some pics below from day 1.

Reached a decent hotel called treebo sunrise at chikmangalur by 7pm.
      it was raining cats and dogs in chikmangalur when we reached.So roaming anywhere in such heavy rain after sunset was not recommended by the hotel staff so we just walked around the city with raincoats and umbrellas . 

Day2 ::
      We got up early to watch the sunrise from baba budan or mullayangiri. But we were stopped at the checkpoint citing no visibility in the ghat section and was asked to come once the rain comes down. We tried out luck at 10 am and were allowed in.Then the amazing greenery with a bit of drizzle while going up to mullayangiri was just heaven.Unfortunately right after 30 min rain fall was super heavy and driving up the hill became tough.

Then we drove down with lot of difficulty due to slipping surface . The vehicles were stopped at the check post again .
      So we through it going other way to bababudan peak as once we go out of the checkpost we may not be let in.
      But saw the below and figured that I was the only one on this route and decided to turn back and out as it was becoming dark at 3 pm 😡😳🤔

Drove around the beautiful city and checked out some places and headed back to the hotel.

Day3 ::
      Kemmangudi and local temples was on my list for the day and some pics from that day .

Did some local site seeing and again drove around the city where there was no traffic and only rainfall and the smell of earth was there. Mind you that the temperature was around 14 degrees.
      Rest of the day we were discussing the options and best way to reach mangalore . Shiradi ghat was closed since Jan-2018 and would open around July after the renovation work so the only option wasn’t charmadi ghat Which was not in a great condition because that was the only current route towards mangalore (with trucks,buses,cars,etc etc)

Day4 ::
      Accepted to challenge the rain and weather and headed towards Dharmasthala temple through Charmadi ghat. The drive was not at all easy and the curves were filled with broken roads, potholes.Way too many buses and trucks were there.
      But of course the visuals onto my right and left were just amazing.

Towards Dharmasthala by 10 am and reached the temple by 12:00.Out of the temple by 3:30 pm and reached mangalore by 5:30 pm and rested the entire evening.

Day5 : Local mangalore tour with some temples , famous pabbas ice cream.

Day6 :
      Checked out of mangalore towards Udipi.
      Spent time at Udipi temple and Malpe beach (really beautiful) from 12 to 3pm.
      Stopped at murdeswar for around 90 min and reached Kumta at 7:30 pm .
      The entire road from mangalore towards kumta was under construction with Toll Booths being constructed as well. For sure after an year this entire stretch is going to be lovely awesome 😎.

Day7&8 :
      We did not take accommodation in Gokarna and instead stayed at Blue Ocean Sands resort at Kumta .Walkable from the beach thought felt isolated at the resort as being a weekday there were no folks at the resort .I would give 6/10 to the resort but 10/10 to the staff. Some pics below from the beaches in Kumta, gokarna.Gokarna we spent more time at OM beach as there was hardly any crowd and it was very peaceful.We went to a God forbidden 🚫 beach called kudle which lacked sense of cleanliness, filled with garbage,liquor bottles, plastic covers and even dead dogs.Then I am told that locals and shack owners would get the beach cleaned around August end as business would be there from August to March.

Day9 :
      we checked out at 6 am towards Hyderabad and reached home at 7 pm.Took around 1 hour break.

Had to go through another forest ghat which was beautiful and very pleasant as it had rained previous night.
      Once that forest drive was over the entire stretch till Raichur highway was a nightmare with very bad roads , animals and people walking across the roads as they do in their gardens.
      Reached home at around 7 pm.

Ended the trip with below reading of my entire trip.

Below were the routes taken by me ::
      Hyderabad to chikmangalur 

Chikmanglur to Mangalore via Dharmasthala

Mangalore to Kumta via Udipi and murdeswar

Kumta to Hyderabad via gangavathi-Raichur

NOTE:Many thanks to the ID team who shared their experiences about their previous travel on this route.

• By RajG
      After staying abroad for five years.
      I decided to come back to India for good.

Reason for the drive?
      You will find out soon.. 🙃

Top three places to visit in Chikmagalur:
      1. Mullayangiri
      2. Baba Budangiri
      3. Jehri waterfalls

Route 1:
      Best route from Hyderabad to Chikmagalur
      Hyderabad --> Kurnool --> Ananthapur --> Doddaballapura --> Visveswarapura--> Hassan --> Chikmagalur

Hyderabad to Doddaballapura : Excellent 4-lane toll road
      Doddaballapura to Visveswarapura : Single road, road condition is average, but helps in avoiding Bangalore traffic.
      You can skip Banaglore traffic using this bypass.
      Visveswarapura to Hassan : Excellent 4-lane toll road
      Hassan to Chikmagalur : Single road, road condition is excellent.

It took us around 13 hour to cover this route, while coming back from Chikmagalur to Hyderabad. 

Route 2:
      Worst route from Hyderabad to Chikmagalur
      Hyderabad --> Kurnool --> Ananthapur --> Challakere --> Hiriyur --> Chikmagalur

We took this route, while going from Hyderabad to Chikmagalur, just to check the status.
      It is a bad decision.  Roads are very bad once you divert from Ananthapur. There are some mud tracks. Too many diversions. No proper dhabas. No proper fuel options. Avoid this route at any cost.  

Hyderabad to Chikmagalur four days road trip plan and hotel details:

Day 1:
      Hyderabad to Chikmagalur town
      Accommodation in Chikmagalur town
      On day 1, it is better to take accommodation in the Chikmagalur town.
      Reason? Accommodations are cheap and good in the town.
      By the time you reach Chikmagalur it will be evening, it is better to stay in town.
      Most of the sight seeing spots are under 40~50 kilometres from the Chikmagalur town. 

Accommodation :
      Name : Hotel Blue Perl Chikmagalur Price : 2.5k per day (3 pax) Hotel Rating : 5/5 New construction Car parking is avilable Rooms are modern and neat Gobibo url  
      Day 2: 
      Chikmagalur town to Mulyangiri
      Mulyangiri is a must visit place in Chikmagalur, it is the highest peak in Karnataka. It is around 20 kilometres from town.  Roads are little tricky but, it is accessible by all cars. Dedicated car parking available 200 steps from the parking, need to some energy to climb. Carry water and don't litter. There is temple at the hill top, with beautiful view. Weather can be spoil sport, some time visibility is almost zero and some times it is clear. Luckily we experienced both  
      Accommodation :
      Name : Kuteer home stay Price : 14k per day (6 pax) Food : 4k per day (6 pax)  (Includes: Bonfire,Lunch, Evening snacks, Dinner and breakfast) Hotel Rating : 4.5/5 Food : Only vegetarian, but the quality is good, would rate 5/5 Location is tough to reach, low GC cars will have tough time.  But they have jeep facility (for less  experienced drivers better to take jeep and park the car at the parking) Resort is very isolated better to visit only in group. View from the resort is best. They have two villas, each villa can accommodate around 10 members.  Staff is very supportive.  Carry all the stuff along with you, there are no shops/hotels around the resort.  You can carry your own liquor but it is tricky if you get caught at the forest check-post. Forest check-post is present at the entrance of the hill section, they check the cars randomly. For booking you can call the resort owner. You need to do the full/advance payment while booking. Issues? Too many insects, but it is expected when we say in the nature.   
      Day 3
      Jahari waterfalls, it is around 2 kilomters from the home stay. You can visit this place in home stay jeep. 4x4 territory, don't attempt in your own car. Since we stay very close to waterfalls, we reached the place early. It is completely empty, not even a single person is present. Baba Budangiri is a must visit place.  Once you enter Baba Budangiri road drive till the end point, i.e Manikyadhara waterfalls. There are multiple view points.   
      Accommodation :
      Same as above

Day 4 :
      Drive from Chikmagalur to Hyderabad.
      It took us around 13 hours. We started around 9AM and we reached home around 10PM. We also tried the famous Kothakota chicken, food is strictly average.  

Total trip cost (6 members)
      Accommodation : 5k(day 1) + 14k(day 2) + 14k(day 3) = 33k Fuel : 11kmpl (1600 kilometres) = 10k Food : 3k(day 1) + 4k (day 2)+ 4k (day 3) + 4k (day 4) = 19k  
      Picture credits: @Ranger
  • Gandikota meetup on January 26 and 27th