India-Drive
  • Welcome!

Welcome to India-Drive, Road trips and travel group. Please register to join us.

SSSS

HYDERABAD to GOA - Best route at present?

PLEASE VOTE FOR THE BEST ROUTE  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Best Route for Hyderabad to Goa (Baga)

• Gachibowli -> Zaheerabad -> Humnabad -> Kalaburgai -> Vijaypura -> Bagalkot -> Belgavi -> Baga  
    • Gachibowli -> Deosugur -> Raichur -> Bagalkot -> Belgavi -> Baga
    • Gachibowli -> Pargi -> Mudhol -> Shahabad -> Jevargi -> Sindagi -> Bagalkot -> Belgavi -> Baga
    • Hyderabad --> Jadcherla --> Raichur --> Lingsugur --> Mudgal --> Hungund --> Bagalkot --> Belgavi --> Kanakumbi --> Bicholim --> Baga (Goa)

1 hour ago, Django said:

Thanks for the update on the new route. I am planing a road trip next week and i will be taking this route.

Great, please provide us the latest update when you are done with the trip.

• Like 2

Completed with the Goa Trip. I took the route Hyderabad --> Jadcherla --> Raichur --> Lingsugur --> Mudgal --> Hungund  --> Bagalkot --> Belgavi --> Kanakumbi --> Goa

Started from Hyderabad JNTU @ 2.00 am and reached Goa "Grand Hyatt" by 5.00 pm. Took short breaks in between ( in total 1 hr break). Most part the roads are average to good (single lane) except some places like mehabood nagar 5 - 10 km (bad), Manvi village (Bad). There are speed breakers on all the villages and once you enter the village the roads are bad. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Django said:

Completed with the Goa Trip. I took the route Hyderabad --> Jadcherla --> Raichur --> Lingsugur --> Mudgal --> Hungund  --> Bagalkot --> Belgavi --> Kanakumbi --> Goa

Started from Hyderabad JNTU @ 2.00 am and reached Goa "Grand Hyatt" by 5.00 pm. Took short breaks in between ( in total 1 hr break). Most part the roads are average to good (single lane) except some places like mehabood nagar 5 - 10 km (bad), Manvi village (Bad). There are speed breakers on all the villages and once you enter the village the roads are bad. 

Yeah..  Highways in Karnataka have more number of speed breakers before and after every village enroute. It almost kills all of your average speed while you drive.

• Like 1

I travelled last week thus rout Raichur --> Lingsugur --> Mudgal --> Hungund  to reach Badami. Countless speed breakers. Better people choose other routes to reach Goa/Dandeli/Gokarna

• Like 2

Hyderabad to Goa route is bad which ever route we take.

We should try to pick the best from the worst set. :D
Most of the roads are state highways with never ending diversion.

They fixed the ghat section before entering the Goa, which is somewhat relaxing. 

• Like 2

On 1/4/2018 at 6:51 PM, Django said:

Some digging (Cable work) has started in Ghat section when I was returning back to hyderabad on 26th Dec.

Oh god, they already spoiled the beautiful Ghat section?:ph34r:

• Like 1

On ‎04‎-‎01‎-‎2018 at 6:51 PM, Django said:

Some digging (Cable work) has started in Ghat section when I was returning back to hyderabad on 26th Dec.

That's something sad to hear now. One stretch which we could enjoy the most on our way to Goa is that section. :o

• Like 1

Guest Sunil
On 11/30/2017 at 4:51 PM, Ranger said:

This is the current best route, shared by drive king.
He completed his journey on November 28th 2017

New route update.
Hyderabad to Goa route has got new roads. 

On this route you can easily complete journey in 12 hours.

Hyderabad --> Jadcherla --> Raichur --> Lingsugur --> Mudgal --> Hungund  --> Bagalkot --> Belgavi --> Kanakumbi --> Bicholim --> Baga (Goa)

Few pictures shared by him.
IMG-20171123-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20171123-WA0004.jpg

Please check the below link for more details
https://www.india-drive.com/index.php?/topic/9-go-goa-gone-hyderabad-to-goa/

Which route to follow to south goa. The one shared here is for north goa and google map dont agree with that for south goa.

1 hour ago, Guest Sunil said:

Which route to follow to south goa. The one shared here is for north goa and google map dont agree with that for south goa.

Hi Sunil, You can opt for the route below as you enter the state from the South of Goa.

Hyderabad - Mahbubnagar - Raichur - Sindhanur - Hubbali - Ramanguli - Karwar - Palolem (South Goa)

Good time and safe drive :)

Guest Verna - Traveller

Hi All... I'm planning to travel from Hyderabad to South Goa - Agonda Beach: I have been trying to find a smooth and clean tarmac. I'm fine if the road is a little longer, however would request a smooth route... I plan to complete the trip without any stop overs (except - food, snacks etc...)

Please let me know the best route

13 hours ago, Guest Verna - Traveller said:

Hi All... I'm planning to travel from Hyderabad to South Goa - Agonda Beach: I have been trying to find a smooth and clean tarmac. I'm fine if the road is a little longer, however would request a smooth route... I plan to complete the trip without any stop overs (except - food, snacks etc...)

Please let me know the best route

Hi, You choose the following route which could be the best for you to reach South Goa.

Hyderabad - Mahbubnagar - Raichur - Sindhanur - Hubbali - Ramanguli - Karwar - Palolem (South Goa)

Hope you have a great time and drive safe. Happy journey!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, sagar said:

^^This is the safest route.

But since Hyderabad to Humnabad section is completed, now the fastest route is 
Hyderabad --> Gachibowli -> Zaheerabad -> Humnabad -> Gulbarg -> Vijaypura -> Bagalkot -> Belgavi -> Baga  

Below is the most preferred route till last month. Personally, I would stick to the below route since the road work is completed. 

Hyderabad --> Jadcherla --> Raichur --> Lingsugur --> Mudgal --> Hungund --> Bagalkot --> Belgavi --> Kanakumbi --> Bicholim --> Baga (Goa)

I suggest to avoid this rout Raichur --> Lingsugur --> Mudgal --> Hungund as it has countless speed breakers. Even though its few km less travel. People will be tired to cross these speed breakers and your overall speed will go down.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, sahil said:

I suggest to avoid this rout Raichur --> Lingsugur --> Mudgal --> Hungund

All the roads from Hyderabad to Goa are filled with speed bumps.
If you enter Karnataka it is common in rural areas. 

Do you have any better route suggestion? 

But, The above routes will direct you towards the North Goa which isn't his desired destination. It would take extra time of about another hour and a half to sum up for his whole journey.

56 minutes ago, Ranger said:

All the roads from Hyderabad to Goa are filled with speed bumps.
If you enter Karnataka it is common in rural areas. 

Do you have any better route suggestion? 

As you suggested above may be this one is better?

Hyderabad --> Gachibowli -> Zaheerabad -> Humnabad -> Gulbarg -> Vijaypura -> Bagalkot -> Belgavi -> Baga

when I went to Almatty Dam (near Bhagalkot) in the Dec end last year, some Cab driver said the rout from Hyderabad to Bhagalkot via Gulbarga is better. But I'ven't tried myself yet. I can say that rout from Almatty Dam to Bhagalkot is very good. But its 2 way road not 4 lane.

Edited by sahil
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sahil said:

As you suggested above may be this one is better?

when I went to Almatty Dam (near Bhagalkot) in the Dec end last year, some Cab driver said the rout from Hyderabad to Bhagalkot via Gulbarga is better. But I'ven't tried myself yet. I can say that rout from Almatty Dam to Bhagalkot is very good. But its 2 way road not 4 lane.

YEs, That is another option too but measures a bit more in distance and time consuming being a 2 lane road.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By rkamal
      This Dussehra holidays we planned a long road trip to Coimbatore in our EcoSport.

Thanks to India-Drive members, especially @sagar @Ranger for suggesting trip route and staying food options along the route. 

Day -1:

We started around 4 AM from Miyapur, Hyderabad. Drive till Anantapur is quite familiar to me, as i have driven this route many times.

Drive was excellent with good pleasant weather, around 9:30 AM We reached Anantapur for breakfast at Club RuRu.

Food was good as well as the service and atmosphere. After some nice breakfast we started towards Bangalore, as we approach the outskirts of the city traffic made us slow down, and also the fear of over-speeding and getting fined made me cautious, kept at 60-80 speeds reached Devanahalli around 12:30 PM.

Our EcoSport flyaudio gave us this route which bypassed the traffic areas of the city (silkboard, electronic city) and took us to the sarjapura main road and joined on the NH just after the electronic city. The route we took to bypass the city is quite scenic and some places were narrow roads. and in some parts very rough roads (2-4 KM) with construction work is ongoing. I am attaching the route map for reference.

Around 2:30 we reached Hosur outskirts, despite being a Sunday afternoon the road is filled with heavy vehicles occupying all the lanes and made us slow down, managed to reach a good restaurant which serves good tamil meals by 3:00 PM.

The food was good and hot. after staying so long out of Tamilnadu we always look forward to eating in Tamilnadu hotels, glad we could make it for lunch.

After lunch started the journey towards Salem, Roads were quite good and smooth but not as wide as Hyderabad-bangalore highway. Not a pleasant experience as the vehicles seems to be in hurry and not giving space occupying all lanes, had to be very patient to outmatch the city buses.

Kept a average speed of 60-80 KM reached Salem, thought have a break at Salem, but due to some politicians visit (i am guessing its CM visiting his native Town) the roads were filled with cops asking us not to stop and keep left. At some places the cops were confusing us with their directions, over all a confused environment, but good thing is they reroute the heavy vehicles like lorries and trucks to some other route, so we had a clear road ahead of us.

The only catch is we couldn't stop for the tea break. And it started drizzling once we past Salem, it's almost 7 PM, and those rerouted trucks joined us back while we are nearing Coimbatore making our last leg of journey more interesting  At Komarapalayam we stopped for some hot Badam Milk and much needed break.

After that it was nice to drive to the coimbatore city with with lit wide roads, reached around 9:15 PM to Sungam cross roads, Coimbatore. After parked the vehicle and went inside the house all of us were feeling that still we are moving. From morning 4 to night 9 this makes my longest distance driven in a day. (960 KM says speedometer)

We visited the famous GeDee Car museum, Coimbatore. the beauty of the museum is we can see so many vintage cars at one place which are maintained so good.

Checkout few pics:

• By Musafir
      Hello trippers, Tell your top monsoon destinations from Hyderabad and why?

• By travel.rtc
      *** Even Though this Travel is done back in march ,  by Sleeper Bus and Flight - I think its eligible to get into this Section as I would post pictures  of Road and Few Places of interest. ***

Well The Most Asked Question either in ID whatsApp or Facebook  - Which Route is Best from Hyderabad to Goa and Back.
       -- Teaser Pic

This was done in March and my friend  had to attend an Meeting in Goa - He booked ticket for me But I have  missed out the flight from Hyderabad became blessing in disguise .
       I have booked  VRL travels Sleeper coach Bus to reach Goa the Next day where I could enjoy the journey and being a road enthusiast I preferred sitting in Cabin and Enjoy instead of the sleeper Berth - somehow i felt the sleeper berth cramp and bumpy 
      Bus was scheduled at 19:00 hrs Departure and boarding was at Lakdikapul , where a mini bus took all of us to Aaramgarh , Reached Aaramgarh by 19:00 , but had to wait about half-an hour for the Bus to arrive   .
                      Bus was almost Full and it is due to they have adjusted passengers who booked AC  Seater bus into here   - Where as I have paid 1700+ for sleeper Bus and people who booked 800Rs Ticket were fortunate enough to get into sleeper Bus
      - Picked up a passenger in between , near Shamshabad and slowly Bus picked up and reached a Dhaba Near Jadcherla  for Dinner Break - I had food packed from home and as per fellow passengers food was pathetic and hotel was just OK.
      -- Bu Stared from Jadcherla and took Mahabubnagar road  and below route was taken
        MahabubNagar - Raichur - Madgal - BagalKot- Belgaum - ChorlaGhat - Goa
      -- Below was the Road condition
      Hyderabad - MahabubNagar : Road was Good
      MahabubNagar - Raichur : Road works were on then and little diversions too
      Raichur - Madgal - Bagalkot : Its double road and we have to get down whenever an bigger vehicle or 4 wheeler came from opposite end  and Needless to say while in Karnataka Expect many speed breakers too ..
      Bagalkot - Belgaum : Road was good .. Reached early in the Morning - Hence it was easy to cross Belgaum

Belgaum to Start of the Ghat Road - it was double road and being early morning there was some truck traffic and also travel buses reaching Belgaum , Many people were doing walking /jogging by the side of the road and seen some people doing Yoga too  
      Needs to be careful while driving at the stretch
      --- Once reaching the start of the Ghat Bus has stopped at decent Hotel for Bio Break and it was around 6:00 A:M in the Morning.
      It took around 3 hours to reach Goa [Private Buses Parking Yard] as road was through Ghats  , Some rural villages and little delay at check posts - Being Morning time encountered little traffic reaching Goa ]

Stayed a Hotel Govia Homes Near Candolim Beach - Hotel was home stay kind and had good swimming pool - Able to tour only Candolim and Baga Beaches and a guided tour with mini bus provided 
       All beaches that i have toured were well maintained maximum care is taken to avoid plastic - even though boozing is not allowed at sea shore near by Beaches but i could see few people doing that 

Goa is Pretty costly and Bargain is the funda works here - never hesitate to bargain if you are shopping in the shops road by and Near beaches too
      Food is pathetic and costly especially people from Telangana and Andhra would find food not so good , me being vegetarian has less options to chose and my friends who took non veg said its pathetic and not for spice lovers ..I have seen few people from TS and AP getting Induction stoves and cooking as they found food very very waste in taste .

-- I think there is very much to explore in Goa Beyond Beaches and Booze , something that always pulls back to the place may be its weather , people  or its picturesque locations and Beautiful Beaches   - that might be the reason people  always wants to make it despite of the hard roads and other reasons like cost and stay options - There is always something more left to explore in Goa as per the conversations with people and foreigners who were visiting for nth time who are always finding a new place and Goa wears  different colors accordingly to the different seasons

• By ADITYAAA
      Here's my query regarding the road trip from Hyderabad to Goa in a car.
      I need suggestions of the routes and any stop by places or spots to visit.  
      Helpfully with food places to have breakfast, lunch and dinner ( which probably may be in Goa)  and since this will be in July 2019
      I need some latest suggestions please.

TIA
  • Our picks