India-Drive
  • Welcome!

Welcome to India-Drive, Road trips and travel group. Please register to join us.

SSSS

HYDERABAD to GOA - Best route at present?

PLEASE VOTE FOR THE BEST ROUTE  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Best Route for Hyderabad to Goa (Baga)

• Gachibowli -> Zaheerabad -> Humnabad -> Kalaburgai -> Vijaypura -> Bagalkot -> Belgavi -> Baga  
    • Gachibowli -> Deosugur -> Raichur -> Bagalkot -> Belgavi -> Baga
    • Gachibowli -> Pargi -> Mudhol -> Shahabad -> Jevargi -> Sindagi -> Bagalkot -> Belgavi -> Baga
    • Hyderabad --> Jadcherla --> Raichur --> Lingsugur --> Mudgal --> Hungund --> Bagalkot --> Belgavi --> Kanakumbi --> Bicholim --> Baga (Goa)

Hello fellow enthusiasts,

From last couple of month I have been planning a road trip from Hyderabad to Goa. Though I been to Goa last December for the new year celebration, but somehow google maps messed up the whole  trip and at some point of time I was driving on badly paved 8 feet wide road in some jungle which google considered the fastest(Google should also have an option to select 'Safe Roads'). Another issue I faced was the love of Karnataka for Speed breakers. So this time I am very much aware to be on the best route possible to avoid any such incidents. Some research online and on other forums yields the below routes.

Hyderabad - Goa

Route 1

Gachibowli -> Zaheerabad -> Humnabad -> Gulbarg -> Vijaypura -> Bagalkot -> Belgavi -> Baga  

Route 2

Gachibowli -> Deosugur -> Raichur -> Bagalkot -> Belgavi -> Baga

Route 3

Gachibowli -> Pargi -> Mudhol -> Shahabad -> Jevargi -> Sindagi -> Bagalkot -> Belgavi -> Baga

Which is the best route in terms of road condition at present? I hope to have better knowledge before I leave for Goa this time.

Also I want to know any Route via Maharashtra is suitable? If If after Vijayapura I can drive into Maharashtra and then to Goa.

Route 4

Hyderabad --> Jadcherla --> Raichur --> Lingsugur --> Mudgal --> Hungund  --> Bagalkot --> Belgavi --> Kanakumbi --> Bicholim --> Baga (Goa)

Please Suggest. Thanks in advance.

Best places to visit in Goa and accommodation information 

https://www.india-drive.com/index.php?/topic/9-go-goa-gone-hyderabad-to-goa/

~Sam

• Like 6

Hyderbad to Goa route is always a mess.

Each year a new route shows up on the Google maps.

If you miss the single turn you will end in Village roads.

We are following this route from the past few years.

It never disappointed us.

Hyderabad to Goa Best Route (2017) : Noth Goa

Hyderabad --> Raichur -->Sindhanur-->  Gangavathi --> Hubli --> Dharward --> Belgavai --> Chorla --> Mapusa --> Goa

Hyderabad to Goa Best Route (2017) : South Goa

Hyderabad --> Raichur -->Sindhanur  --> Gangavathi --> Hubbali --> Dharward --> Mollem --> South goa

• Like 3

Hyderbad to Goa has multiple route options.
Once we ended up on a mud road for 50 kilometers.
We missed few turns and the route was horrible.
Don't trust Google maps.

Mark each and every town en-route and use Google maps.
This way you won't miss the route.

Gangavati is the safest option.
I have driven to hampi on that route.
Road condition is good.

• Like 2

Hi Guys, thanks for the quick replies,

The plan is slightly changed, now we are planning to have a break journey instead of a direct one. So the plan is to take a halt in Vijayapura (Bijapur) and visit Gol Gumbaz then to Goa on next day. So if going via Vijayapura, can take a route from Maharashtra which google showed as the  fastest one? Or should follow the typical route via Bagalkot and Belgavi?

Thanks in advance

~ Sam

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, SSSS said:

So if going via Vijayapura, can take a route from Maharashtra which google showed as the  fastest one?

You can take
Gachibowli --> Sedam --> Parigi --> Kalaburgai --> Vijayapura

Road condition from Gachibowli to Ravulaplly is single lane(average).

From Ravulapally to Kalaburgai it is single lane road but has a toll. Roas are maintained well on this section.
Kalaburgai has better stay options. 

Note : Avoid going via Vikarabad, you need to take right turn at Manneguda.
Some times Google maps suggests route via Vikarabad. 

• Like 1

My personal advice. Go to Goa by flight. You will incur the same amount by flight or drive. Hyderabad to Goa road is not an exciting road to drive, its the other way, completely messed up and more streesful.   Using airway, you will not waste much time nor end up being stressed. Being hardcore driving enthusiast, I am recommending the Air option

@Ranger this thread should be in Route queries na! And there is already active thread for Goa route. Should be merged 😜

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nitin88 said:

Hyderabad to Goa road is not an exciting road to drive

Agree on this point.

You will incur the same amount by flight or drive.

Even though it is hectic, diving to Goa with friends/family is always fun.
Road trip + Goa always sound exciting.  
:D

there is already active thread for Goa route.

Shifted, Thank you :)

• Like 2

This is the current best route, shared by drive king.
He completed his journey on November 28th 2017

New route update.
Hyderabad to Goa route has got new roads. 

On this route you can easily complete journey in 12 hours.

Hyderabad --> Jadcherla --> Raichur --> Lingsugur --> Mudgal --> Hungund  --> Bagalkot --> Belgavi --> Kanakumbi --> Bicholim --> Baga (Goa)

Few pictures shared by him.
IMG-20171123-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20171123-WA0004.jpg

Please check the below link for more details
https://www.india-drive.com/index.php?/topic/9-go-goa-gone-hyderabad-to-goa/

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Ranger said:

New roads are fantastic guys, drive from Hyderabad to Goa can be easily done in 12 hours.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, driveking said:

New roads are fantastic guys, drive from Hyderabad to Goa can be easily done in 12 hours.

Lovely news which I was eagerly waiting for 

• Like 5

On 12/1/2017 at 10:37 PM, Guest Prathap said:

Thank you very much. We follow the said route tomorrow

You are welcome, Please update when you are done with the trip. 

• Like 4

On 11/30/2017 at 4:51 PM, Ranger said:

Guys this is best route from Hyderabad to Goa.
I have completed my Hyderabad to Goa drive yesterday.
Roads are very good.
I used to take Gangavathi road which was good for last few years, this lingsugur route is much better. 

• Like 4

Even I heard new roads are great.
I'm planning to drive down in mid of December.
Any tips?

Will take the above suggested route.
I heard they are collecting huge toll at the ghat section, Is it true? 

• Like 2

Hello,

Recently (last week) I was on the road trip to Goa from Hyderabad and as I was upset with the last route I took, which is ironically the most popular route in this post. The route via Raichur is being preferred by most of the fellow enthusiast but I took the route : Goa via Vijayapura and Belgavi. I have my own reason to like that route I took, first I got more than 150Km of perfect laid tarmac and beautiful 4 lane roads. As the highways are not so good in Karnatka, but the change can be seen in the route to Vijayapura. The route is not perfect but much better then the Route via Raichur that I took last year. Road work can be seen in most of the stretch between Vijayapura and Bagalkot and road between Bagalkot and Belgavi is really good to drive on if not perfect. But again, WHY KARNATAKA LOVE GIANT SPEED BUMPS??

• Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, SSSS said:

Route via Raichur that I took last year. Road work can be seen in most of the stretch

This route is completed now. You can see the above pictures.

On 9/26/2017 at 3:47 PM, Ranger said:

Hyderabad --> Raichur -->Sindhanur-->  Gangavathi --> Hubli --> Dharward --> Belgavai --> Chorla --> Mapusa --> Goa

A year back it was bad, that is the reason most preferred route used to be via Gangavati .
I guess you must have confused between Lingusur and Gangavathi.

Currently this is best route.

one of my friend drove to Goa last weekend via Lingsugur, he completed in 11 hours. 

He informed me roads are super good.  

• Like 1

I want to drive to Vasco Da Gama from Hyderabad (Gachibowli)

Guys, regarding this route, when I put this in google maps, it shows 15 hrs 3 min and distance of 703 km whereas directly google maps shows 674 km in 13 hr 21 min.

Possible that google maps is not correct, or the prediction is not right because of the roads? I have experienced that google maps time is usually correct. Some people are mentioning 12 hrs whereas google maps is showing 15 hrs. Need inputs.

Default Route.PNG

Recommended Route.PNG

• Like 2

On 12/8/2017 at 11:28 PM, Shashank Okhde said:

Possible that google maps is not correct, or the prediction is not right because of the roads? I have experienced that google maps time is usually correct. Some people are mentioning 12 hrs whereas google maps is showing 15 hrs. Need inputs.

Google maps take many parameters into consideration.

1. Starting time

2. Starting place
3. Ending place 

4. Driving speed (Once you start the trip)

You are contradicting between North and South Goa.

South Goa

12 hours drive time is from Shamshabad airport to Baga beach (south Goa) is via following route.

For North Goa there is no need to take Bagalkot route, you can take the following route.
Hyderabad --> Jadcherla --> Raichur --> Sindhanur --> Hubbali --> Mollem --> Vasco de Gama

PS : While using maps please don't select village names, you will miss the bypass routes.
Set maps from Gachibowli to Vasco de Gama and make sure you pass near to those towns/villages. 

• Like 2

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By SK01
      Exploring Yanam Part 1

Origin: Ramachandrapuram, East Godavari, Andhra Pradesh.
      Destination: Yanam, Puducherry.

Route Taken: Ramachandrapuram - Tallapolam - Draksharamam - Kuyyeru - Yanam
      Start Time:5:10AM
      Distance: 27KMS
      Time Taken: 1hr 
      Car: Honda City VX i-VTEC
      Mileage: 13.2KMPL
      Road Condition: Mix of good, average, bad and worst. 
      Scenic Views: Single lane roads with beautiful scenes at either side of the roads. The roads are surrounded by lush green farms on either side. 

Trip Report

Yanam, the place that I first visited in 2013, when I was 17. And this time again I wanted to visit the place only to know it better and love it more...

Started early in the morning at 5:10 and reached the area in 1hr. 

The only thing I thought I could do in the place is to take the initial sunrise photo touching the waters. That's a beautiful sight and I never missed that. But surprisingly this time I got more than what I expected. I got to know about the area more and explore the area and the backwaters. This time, unfortunately, I could take my favourite shot, the sun touching the waters because of clouds. But got a chance to explore the area a bit. 

It was 7:00 AM, the sun just started rising pushing the clouds aside. And there I saw a person in a white shirt and white pant, assumed him to be a local and approached him to inquire more about the place. To my surprise, he turned out to be the government boat operator. Upon asking him, he arranged a boat ride into the waters and at 7:15 I was on the boat moving gently on the backwaters. 

The boat driver Ramakrishna, is a very nice guy. I finished taking photos and started talking with him. he spoke many things, from the political situation in Puducherry and Andhra Pradesh, their lives, the local MLA and not to forget, the insider information about the place.  Yanam, a very beautiful place, mostly unexplored and left undeveloped. "Yanam chala manchi ooru Saru, Kani Chala mandi teliyaka raru. Tourists perigite maku income perugutundi" said the boat driver. 
      Yanam indeed is a really beautiful place, there are many places to explore from Yanam. 

The first one, 

Bhairavapalem Mangrove Forests (Where we can find many rare migratory birds. It takes 2 hours to come and 2 hours stay on this island. Total of 6 hours. Price for 10 is 6000 INR) Koringa Mangrove Forests And many small unexplored islands (We can find many migratory birds)  
      I think the area should be developed, but that development shouldn't destroy the natural beauty and serenity of the place. The local activities early in the morning, sunrise, birds chirping and the fishing activities are really beautiful and the development should not destroy these...

Part 2 coming soon... I'll be writing about the places that in have visited in part 2.  

Places to stay:
      The Regency Hotel (best for families as per trip advisor) Sarva Inn Puducherry Government Guest House   
      Few Pictures

• By Pulkit
      I am planning a trip to GOA from HYD by car next weekend.
      So anyone can suggest me the best route for that?

I am planning to leave around 2:00 AM from Hyderabad to Goa which way i have to take?
    • By vishwatalati
      Hello All.'

I am driving down from Hyderabad to Mumbai. My first road trip. I would request you all to help me with planning my journey and preps for the journey. It's me and my wife traveling.
      I am taking my Tata Tiago NRG.
      TIA.
    • By SSSS
      What is a CB Radio?
      A CB or Citizen Band radio is for the purpose of general population use. This is a short distance radio communication system between individuals.

How important is CB (Citizen Band) Radio for a trip like Ladakh?
      Somewhat important, it is useful when there is no mobile network available and a communication is required. But it is worth when more people have the CB radio in their vehicle and are actually tuned to the correct frequency. It is certainly useful for a group of cars travelling and wants to communicate (Clarkson - May - Hammond) while on the move. Yes a Walkie Talkie may fulfill the need but you would need a multi channel walkie talkie which again require a licence. Also, walkie talkie would require the charging and that means another dock on the dashboard, whereas CB radios can be connected to be battery directly and do not require any additional charging arrangements.

Are CB radios LEGAL in India and does it require any Licence? 
      Absolutely Legal and No licence required. As the name suggests, Citizen Band radio is meant for the general population use.  There is a set  frequency band that extends from 26.957 MHz to 27.283 MHz. As per the  Indian Wireless Telegraphy Act, 1933, by Notification No G.S.R. 533(E) dated 12 August 2005( Click here to read the Notification), the establishment of, maintenance of, working with, possession of or dealing with in wireless equipment operating in Citizen Band (CB) was exempted from licensing.

Why is CB Radio not very popular in India?
      The answer is somewhat simple to answer, Indian market has seen the uprising of personal car market in only last two decades, where as before that the sale what somewhat limited and the buying power of consumer was low. In countries where like USA where CB radios are pretty popular and are general accessory of any long hauler. Even in India, many transport companies in order to make their truck, cargo and people safe are opting to get CB radios fitted in their fleet.

Albeit the concept is very old, in India the idea of having a two way radio in cars as an accessory is seldom.

• Gandikota meetup on January 26 and 27th