India-Drive
  • Welcome!

Welcome to India-Drive, Road trips and travel group. Please register to join us.

Ranger

Best Air pump for cars in India

Now-a-days, tubeless tires have become a standard in most of the cars starting from the entry level. 

Is it really necessary to purchase an 'Air pump'?

Air pump:
I feel it is a must needed accessory for all the cars in any scenario.
Few years ago, a decent air pump used to cost is INR 5000/-
But, now the prices have gone down drastically where in you can buy a good quality air pump under INR 1500/-

Advantages of having an Air pump in your car

1. No wastage of time when a low tyre pressure is observed. All you need to do is, pump the air and drive to the nearest puncture shop for a quick check.
  2. Most of the modern cars are equipped with a smaller spare tire but, most of them are limited to 80 km/hr speed.
    Reason: To save the Trunk space or Cost cutting
    If you are on the highway, you need to shift back the spare tire again after change.
  3. No need to remove all the luggage from your trunk
  4. You can help your colleagues and neighbors :cooler:
  5. Very helpful in remote areas or night drives or ghat sections.
  6. Will be handy in multiple tire puncture scenarios!
    Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong : Murphy's law

Disadvantages of an Air pump in car

1. It will eat up  a little of your trunk space (can be negligible at times in bigger boots)
  2. Wont help when the puncture hole when it is too big.
  3. Pressure may not be accurate at times, need to verify again at a nearest tire shop.

Value for money air pumps in the market

• Bergmann Typhoon Car Tyre Inflator : URL : ~1350/-
  • Michelin 12264 Digital Micro Tyre Inflator : URL : ~ 2300/- 

Both the above listed products are equally good.

Few tips

• Always check your air pressure on regular basis. Slow punctures are always a head-ache in tubeless tires which is tough to diagnose.
  • If a particular tire is having less air pressure (compared to other tires) on regular basis, it is always better to check the tire if it has undergone any puncture.
  • Never pump the air when the tires are hot. It is fine for city commute but during a highway drives better to avoid.
  • Low pressure in your tire will cause a tire burst. Many people think the high pressure will cause a tire burst which is so not true.
  • Always use the correct tire pressure suggested by the manufacturer.

During Vikarabad drive, we have observed a tire pressure go down to 18 PSI and it took us around 3 minutes to get back to 33 PSI.
DSC_0715-01.jpeg

Reducing the excess tire pressure during Srisailam  drive 

IMG_20170625_101937-01.jpeg

• Like 3

Just now, Sridhar Tandra said:

which Air pump is the one which is seen in the pictures?

Bergmann Typhoon Car Tyre Inflator.. took a closer look at the pictures again and found it :) 

• Like 1

Yeah,
It is working fine.
Using it from the past 4 months.
Better than many cheap airpumps.

It took 2 minutes to pump from 20 PSI to 33 PSI, it is fast!

Only concern is meter, it is analogue may not be accurate compared to digital meter.

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Rajagopal
      Hi guys,

Mid of April month,
      I am Planning to have a Shirdi trip from Lingampally(Hyderabad),

Route :
      Lingampally - Naldurg - Tuljapur - Terkhed - Jamkhed - Ahmednagar - Shirdi
      return with same route.

Would like to know the current road condition of the above route.

Thanks,
      Rajagopal
    • By Shekar
      This is about June 2016 travel to Tadoba Tiger reserve from Hyderabad. 

In Jan-2016 I had traveled Chopta and Munsiyari  in Uttarakand with another three new travelers met first time at Delhi. One of them Mr. Pandey is from Nagpur and he asked me to come down to Nagpur for visiting Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve and booked safari a couple of months before for 12th June 2016 . Till then I had no experience of any forest safary and I was excited to see many wild animals. Mean time our travel friends planned for Ladakh tour in the last week of June, 2016 (25-06-2016). It was one of the dream destination and I know it will be difficult and expensive if I go alone and said OK and booked flight/train to Delhi and back. Then started thinking  it will be hectic for two tours in two weeks. But Pandey who is also coming for Ladakh trip did not agree and made me to visit Tadoba.   

Day 1
      On 11th June we started at 5.00 Hrs in my car from Hyderabad. My wife and son were with me. We are two drivers and had a back seat to sleep if needed. We reached Nirmal by 8.00 Hrs entered town leaving NH44 and had breakfast at Hotel Mayuri. Breakfast was good but when we had lunch next year, it was very bad. We joined NH44 through old NH7 road. Reached Nagpur by 13.00 Hrs and Pandey's home by 13.30. 

Roads up to Adilabad were excellent. Four lane work and Underpass works at Hingenghat (about 30 Kms) not completed and have to change lanes and pass through the villages. Road at places in this section also not good. After that till Nagpur roads are good. 

One more travelmate Mr. Jagtap from Betul (MP) who is mine safety officer in Western Coal Fields (WCF) and a native of Nagpur was supposed to join us with his family in his car. But due to some fire accident in a coal mine he could not join us. 

Our plan was to reach  WCF guest house at Murpar which is about 15 Kms away from Navegaon Gate of Tadoba Reserve and stay overnight and reach the gate early in the morning. 

We started from Nagpur at about 17.00 Hrs and reached Murpar by 19.45 Hrs. While entering Chandrapur district at Umred check-post, local police stopped our car for checking and found one whiskey bottle in our luggage which was kept by Pandey.

The police told me that alcohol  is banned in chandrapur district and we can not carry. I said I am from Hyderabad and I do not the local rules and never imagined that a particular district will have a ban.

He looked at Pandey in the car and asked he is from Maharashtra and how come he do not know. I said he does not know about it and i brought it my self. Some how he took away the bottle and allowed us to proceed further.  

So those who are travelling to Tadoba please do not carry alcohol. 

By the time we reached Chimur which is a little bigger town close to Navegaon Gate, it started drizzling and when we took right turn at Khadsangi for Murpar, heavy downpour started and visibility was hardly 20 mtrs in head lights. Left turn at Khadsangi will lead to Navegaon gate. Mr. Jagtap booked the guest house at WCF mine area, Murpar. We found one Telugu cook in the guest house and when we told him about Umred check post incident, he said we are too lucky to be let off, otherwise they arrest and harras for carrying alcohol. When we asked about dinner he said other than non veg, he will prepare any thing. Non Veg has to be brought from Chimur some 12 Kms away and it is not possible at that time and that too in heavy rain. We ordered roti, dal and sabji with omlets. 

Mean time me and pandey went to Khadsangi in the rain and enquired about safari vehicles. we were told that there is no need to book in advance and Gypsy cars will be available at the gate as per the serial and as many as permitted for the day/session. We had dinner and had good sleep. 

Day 2 

We got up early and reached Navegaon gate before 5.30 Hrs. We found only one car before us at the gate. We went to gate office and booked a safari car and engaged a Guide. Safari car is for Rs. 600 and Guide Rs.350 (That's what I remember). Sky is clear and we found water of previous night's rain on the roads pot holes. We entered the forest by 5.45. Our guide said it is always advantage of more sightings if your car is first and it proved correct. 

Myself with wife and kids of Pandey

The first site before entering the core area

Second sighting a glimpse of bear  

Then a Jackal 

There were lot of birds and I could not shoot them as I do not have a proper lens. 

The same bear came out of the forest and crossed our path. 

We were told that Tiger will come here but after waiting enough time he did not turned up. 

There are many deers and Neelgai

Obviously not happy with our presence

Canter from Moharli gate 

Now many jeeps arrived and waiting at a water hole for the arrival of the Big Cat. 

But it did not show up and the our morning session ended. Little disappointed and our guide was telling us that people make more than six safaris and go back without seeing a Tiger. We had a booking for afternoon safari also. With a little hope we returned to our guest house. 

On the way back from morning safari

Padey with our Driver and Guide. 

Will continue with after noon Safari.. 
    • By SK01
      Exploring Yanam Part 1

Origin: Ramachandrapuram, East Godavari, Andhra Pradesh.
      Destination: Yanam, Puducherry.

Route Taken: Ramachandrapuram - Tallapolam - Draksharamam - Kuyyeru - Yanam
      Start Time:5:10AM
      Distance: 27KMS
      Time Taken: 1hr 
      Car: Honda City VX i-VTEC
      Mileage: 13.2KMPL
      Road Condition: Mix of good, average, bad and worst. 
      Scenic Views: Single lane roads with beautiful scenes at either side of the roads. The roads are surrounded by lush green farms on either side. 

Trip Report

Yanam, the place that I first visited in 2013, when I was 17. And this time again I wanted to visit the place only to know it better and love it more...

Started early in the morning at 5:10 and reached the area in 1hr. 

The only thing I thought I could do in the place is to take the initial sunrise photo touching the waters. That's a beautiful sight and I never missed that. But surprisingly this time I got more than what I expected. I got to know about the area more and explore the area and the backwaters. This time, unfortunately, I could take my favourite shot, the sun touching the waters because of clouds. But got a chance to explore the area a bit. 

It was 7:00 AM, the sun just started rising pushing the clouds aside. And there I saw a person in a white shirt and white pant, assumed him to be a local and approached him to inquire more about the place. To my surprise, he turned out to be the government boat operator. Upon asking him, he arranged a boat ride into the waters and at 7:15 I was on the boat moving gently on the backwaters. 

The boat driver Ramakrishna, is a very nice guy. I finished taking photos and started talking with him. he spoke many things, from the political situation in Puducherry and Andhra Pradesh, their lives, the local MLA and not to forget, the insider information about the place.  Yanam, a very beautiful place, mostly unexplored and left undeveloped. "Yanam chala manchi ooru Saru, Kani Chala mandi teliyaka raru. Tourists perigite maku income perugutundi" said the boat driver. 
      Yanam indeed is a really beautiful place, there are many places to explore from Yanam. 

The first one, 

Bhairavapalem Mangrove Forests (Where we can find many rare migratory birds. It takes 2 hours to come and 2 hours stay on this island. Total of 6 hours. Price for 10 is 6000 INR) Koringa Mangrove Forests And many small unexplored islands (We can find many migratory birds)  
      I think the area should be developed, but that development shouldn't destroy the natural beauty and serenity of the place. The local activities early in the morning, sunrise, birds chirping and the fishing activities are really beautiful and the development should not destroy these...

Part 2 coming soon... I'll be writing about the places that in have visited in part 2.  

Places to stay:
      The Regency Hotel (best for families as per trip advisor) Sarva Inn Puducherry Government Guest House   
      Few Pictures

• By Pulkit
      I am planning a trip to GOA from HYD by car next weekend.
      So anyone can suggest me the best route for that?

I am planning to leave around 2:00 AM from Hyderabad to Goa which way i have to take?
  • Gandikota meetup on January 26 and 27th