India-Drive
  • Welcome!

Welcome to India-Drive, Road trips and travel group. Please register to join us.

Sign in to follow this  
ullas

Hyderabad to Kochi route

Hi team, I am planning to do my first long drive to my home town during a long holiday for Dussera at the end of this month. I am planning to drive down to Kochi from Gachibowli in the Hyundai i20 Elite.

Can someone suggest me the best route which can be taken. If possible an Itinerary as well.

TIA :)

• Like 1

Hi ullas, Firstly congratulations on starting your first road trip with quite a long one which distances about 1100 kms (approx.)

Since it distances quite a bit, I would suggest you to break it with a night halt in between.

You will be doing this over one of the India's best highways which is between Hyderabad and Bangalore.

Route to be taken:

Hyderabad (Gachibowli) - Kurnool - Bangalore - Salem - Palakkad - Thrissur - Kochi.

I would recommend you to start early on both the days to cover up as much distance as possible during the early hours inorder to avoid the traffic and the break up is as follows.

Day - 1:

Gachibowli - Kurnool - Bangalore - Hosur 

The above stretch is of ~600 kms and would take you around 11 hours including a breakfast and a lunch break in between.

Accommodation is pretty good and economical in Hosur for a night stay.

Day - 2:

Hosur - Salem - Palakkad - Thrissur - Kochi

The above stretch would be around ~500 kms which would take about 10 to 11 hours.

All the roads throughout the stretch are beautiful and good to drive.

Hoping that the above information would help you out. Looking forward to hear back from you trip.

Happy journey and drive safe:)

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this