India-Drive
  • Welcome!

Welcome to India-Drive, Road trips and travel group. Please register to join us.

karthik

Hyderabad to Pune Road condition

Hyderabad to Pune road trip guide  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Best route from Hyderabad to Pune

• Best route : Hyderabad -- Zaheerabad -- Humnabad -- Naldurg -- Solapur -- Temburni -- Indapur -- Bigwan -- Pune (Stick to NH)
    • Alternative (avoid this road, road work on NH is completed) : Hyderabad -- Parigi -- Sedam -- Kalaburgai (Gulbarga) -- Solapur -- Pune
    • Alternative : Hyderabad -- Zaheerabad -- Humnabad -- Kalaburgai (Gulbarga) -- Solapur -- Pune
  2. 2. Food options between Hyderabad to Pune

• Silver bawarchi restaurant : Hyderabad outskirts near ORR
    • Noor dhaba : Humnabad (poor ambiance, famous for food taste)
    • Maya group of Hotels : Sawaleshwar
    • Hotel Shree pure veg: Bhadalwadi
    • Madhuban pure veg : Kedgaon
    • Hotel Kanchan : Doragewadi
    • Hotel Mahindra Paradise : Zaheerabad
    • Hotel Sunil

Guest Abhishek

Hey.. I'm planning to ride from Bombay to Hyderabad.. any suggestions on the route and how the road conditions are? Solapur to Hyderabad is my main worry... From what I hear till Solapur the roads are excellent. But, I could use more opinions.. plan to leave by 4am from Mumbai

• Like 1

Yes the best choice is go from parigi, kodangal, sedam, gulbarga, sholapur

Agree with you, Zaheerabad road is most unpredictable road in the country.

Highway traffic combined with construction work
  • Like 1

Guest Sarfaraz Latif

Hi All

I went to Miraj( 50 kms before Kolhapur) via Kalaburgi in June. The road is so majestic with lot of landscapes and awesome roads. very less traffic faced near Kalaburagi , but not a turn off at all. If you are starting at around 4 am, this is the best road to pick. I reached my home town at 2.30 with 1 break near Kalaburagi.

While returning, I took the Zaheerabad route and I still regret it. I started from Solapur around 10. Just after leaving Solapur, the road condition was simply worst. Hell lot of trucks, buses and commercial vehicles made the ride miserable. I intended to count the number of diversions in the way, but the frustration grew so much that I couldn't think of anything.

My sincere suggestion would be to avoid the Zaheerabad route on any condition.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Guest Sarfaraz Latif said:

While returning, I took the Zaheerabad route and I still regret it. I started from Solapur around 10. Just after leaving Solapur, the road condition was simply worst. Hell lot of trucks, buses and commercial vehicles made the ride miserable. I intended to count the number of diversions in the way, but the frustration grew so much that I couldn't think of anything.

Thank you for the latest update. It is very helpful.

18 hours ago, Guest Sarfaraz Latif said:

My sincere suggestion would be to avoid the Zaheerabad route on any condition.

Agree with you. Kalaburgai route is much more peaceful and relaxing to drive, compared to Zaheerabad route.

Diversions and speed bumps will kill the average a lot. 

Zaheerabad highway has turned out to be one of the most painstaking highways around Hyderabad and I doubt if it is going to get finished in the next 2 years also as monsoon and rainy seasons interrupt their already slow moving road construction work.

In the meanwhile, Route via Kalaburagi has turned out to be one of the best option over this route. I would not mind about a few bad stretches in between near Akkalkot which is any day better that the huge pot holes, sudden diversions and truck traffic on the Pune highway.

Guest Pranay Shah

Hi Guys,

I am planning to visit to Hyderabad during next month i.e Aug 2017. I would be starting from pune. My plan is 

12th Aug: Departure from Pune

15th Aug: Departure from Hyderabad

I have go through lots of advice on which route to pick. kindly suggest which route to choose from either Zaheerabad highway or Pune - Solapur - Akkalkote - Kalburgi - Pargi - Sedam – Hyderabad. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Guest Pranay Shah said:

I have go through lots of advice on which route to pick. kindly suggest which route to choose from either Zaheerabad highway or Pune - Solapur - Akkalkote - Kalburgi - Pargi - Sedam – Hyderabad. 

Stick to Solapur --> Akkalkote --> Kalaburgi --> Hyderabad route for peace of mind.

Kalaburgai road is not super good, but it is better than Zaheerabad route, less truck traffic.
Zaheerabad route is full of diversions and speed bumps, it is improving but still it is chaos.
Drive time would be almost similar for both the routes.
If you are using google maps, put Gachibowli as your destination in Hyderabad. Once you hit the ORR you can change the destination.

Between which car you are driving?

• Like 1

Guest Visakh M
On 7/25/2017 at 1:19 PM, Guest Pranay Shah said:

Hi Guys,

I am planning to visit to Hyderabad during next month i.e Aug 2017. I would be starting from pune. My plan is 

I Am also planning a trip on the same day.. to Hyderabad ..How are you traveling. I am planning to take my ride..Please let me know( visumon@gmail.com).. I will also join with my ride..xD

• Like 1

Guest Bharath

Hi

I would be travelling to Hyderabad from Mumbai in August end .

I guess Pune - Solapur - Akkalkote - Kalburgi - Pargi - Sedam – Hyderabad , this is the best available option . 

Could someone tell me how convenient it is to ride a bike in these roads . What precautions do i need to take ? I am planing to take 2 complete days for the journey .

47 minutes ago, Guest Bharath said:

Could someone tell me how convenient it is to ride a bike in these roads .

If you are riding alone and If it is during night, avoid Kalburgai route.
Take the regular route Pune--> Solapur--> Zaheerabad --> Hyderabad

Kalaburgai route is little isolated during night, has very limited options, this route is ideal for car.
If you are riding alone, I would suggest you to take Zaheerabad route.

Guest Bharath
On 7/28/2017 at 2:29 PM, Ranger said:

If you are riding alone and If it is during night, avoid Kalburgai route.
Take the regular route Pune--> Solapur--> Zaheerabad --> Hyderabad

Kalaburgai route is little isolated during night, has very limited options, this route is ideal for car.
If you are riding alone, I would suggest you to take Zaheerabad route.

Thanks for the advice. 

I would be travelling to Pune .

Stay there for night . And next two complete days for 550 kms . NO NIGHT journey  at all .

Planning to go from Pune to Solapur one day .

Solapur to Hyderabad the other day . Let me know the better halt stations based on the road conditions .

21 hours ago, Guest Bharath said:

Let me know the better halt stations based on the road conditions .

Stopover at Solapur is ideal.

Start early in the morning from Solapur.

Solapur --> kalaburgai --> Hyderabad  route has village traffic, If you start early in the morning , It will be an added advantage. 

Guest sud

I am planning on the same date:

Please let me know if someone wants company.

Guest Sid

Planning to travel to Pune by road at night. Any update on the road condition please ? Also I heard that night robberies are quite common in that route. Is it true ? Can someone please help with the information. 

Thanks!!

2 minutes ago, Guest Sid said:

Planning to travel to Pune by road at night. Any update on the road condition please ?

Hyderabad --> Zaheerabad -->Solapur  route is under expansion, 4-lane work is going on.

Best route
Hyderabad --> Parigi --> Sedam --> Kalaburgai (Gulbarga) --> Solapur --> Pune

3 minutes ago, Guest Sid said:

Also I heard that night robberies are quite common in that route. Is it true ? Can someone please help with the information. 

I have traveled on the above route numerous times, never faced any issue. 

At what time you are planning to start from Hyderabad?

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.