India-Drive
  • Welcome!

Welcome to India-Drive, Road trips and travel group. Please register to join us.

karthik

Hyderabad to Pune Road condition

Hyderabad to Pune road trip guide  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Best route from Hyderabad to Pune

• Best route : Hyderabad -- Zaheerabad -- Humnabad -- Naldurg -- Solapur -- Temburni -- Indapur -- Bigwan -- Pune (Stick to NH)
    • Alternative (avoid this road, road work on NH is completed) : Hyderabad -- Parigi -- Sedam -- Kalaburgai (Gulbarga) -- Solapur -- Pune
    • Alternative : Hyderabad -- Zaheerabad -- Humnabad -- Kalaburgai (Gulbarga) -- Solapur -- Pune
  2. 2. Food options between Hyderabad to Pune

• Silver bawarchi restaurant : Hyderabad outskirts near ORR
    • Noor dhaba : Humnabad (poor ambiance, famous for food taste)
    • Maya group of Hotels : Sawaleshwar
    • Hotel Shree pure veg: Bhadalwadi
    • Madhuban pure veg : Kedgaon
    • Hotel Kanchan : Doragewadi
    • Hotel Mahindra Paradise : Zaheerabad
    • Hotel Sunil

3 hours ago, SRI420 said:

Ha ha ha, will be staying in Mumbai for a few months and need the car there hence the trip. Well I enjoyed the freedom involved in road trip. 20180927_143421.jpeg

Wow, Mumbai has got a lot of beautiful places around in the western ghats region that can be explored. I hope you won't miss this chance of leaveing them unexplored and please do not forget to share your experiences with us :) 

• Like 2

yea.. we saw them too when we did our trip last weekend.. .. initially from far i thought they were aircraft wings
Ha ha ha ya it seemed do at first sight
  • Like 3

Hyderabad - Pune latest Road conditions update.
hope this helps as it's a very very detailed information
Source : Pradeep Mantena 

Hatsoff to his patience!!
IMG-20181015-WA0047.jpegIMG-20181015-WA0046.jpegIMG-20181015-WA0043.jpegIMG-20181015-WA0044.jpegIMG-20181015-WA0045.jpeg

• Like 4

Hyderabad - Pune latest Road conditions update ...
hope this helps as it's a very very detailed information
Source : Pradeep Mantena of Hvk forum...
Hatsoff to his patience ...Screenshot_2018-10-17-09-43-04-554_com.android.chrome.jpeg.7a2ca58b08efd6bb38fec8b3ca0025ac.jpegIMG-20181015-WA0047.jpeg.948c00fa9eee843a3470f505eff602ab.jpegIMG-20181015-WA0046.jpeg.2e0647c59f19d19765802a6c68af9d4f.jpegIMG-20181015-WA0043.jpeg.7ef3320df8c65572d7f0255375cf5e47.jpegIMG-20181015-WA0044.jpeg.40622bc0d5b6797a362aafe6c40d44bc.jpegIMG-20181015-WA0045.jpeg.85100ed52cffc2caafc05953a3a7bc0d.jpeg
You can write a thesis with these details...
  • Like 2

Hi Guys,

I will be driving from Hyderabad to Pune over the weekend. 

In the past I have taken:

1) Hyderabad->Zaheerabad->Humnabad->Kalburgi->Akkalkot->Solapur->Pune,

and once I tried

2) Hyderabad->Zaheerabad->Humnabad->Omerga->Naldurg->Solapur->Pune.

Omerga to Solapur stretch was bad with lot of diversions and potholes.  Although the road work was going on at a snails' pace.

Should I stick to tried and tested route no. 1?

Any update will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SSD500 said:

Should I stick to tried and tested route no. 1?

Avoid route 1, Roads are poor when you get near to Hyderabad. 

Stick to regular route(Omerga), We have done a trip last month on this section. 

Around 50 kilometers is bad, But it improved a lot, Overall average is much better compared to Kalaburgai route. 

Best route form Hyderabad to Pune 
Hyderabad->Zaheerabad->Humnabad->Omerga->Naldurg->Solapur->Pune.

You can go through this post for latest update.
https://www.india-drive.com/index.php?/topic/620-hyderabad-to-pune-lohagad-lonavala-and-matheran/

• Like 1

Hi Guys,

Just did the Hyderbad to Pune trip.  I tried both the routes.

On 11/20/2018 at 12:35 PM, SSD500 said:

1) Hyderabad->Zaheerabad->Humnabad->Kalburgi->Akkalkot->Solapur->Pune,

I did this for my return journey, from Pune to Hyderabad.  This is the best route, a few km extra, but it is totally worth it.  No potholes and free flowing traffic.  Had breakfast at Nisarg hotel.

On 11/20/2018 at 12:35 PM, SSD500 said:

2) Hyderabad->Zaheerabad->Humnabad->Omerga->Naldurg->Solapur->Pune.

I took this route for my onward journey, Hyderabad to Pune.  The stretch between Omerga to Solapur is terrible.  Diversions coupled with potholes and in general bad roads.  Had breakfast at Noor dhaba.

One more observation and experience.  The toll road has become more like any other road with bikers, share autos, people crossing the road at will and randomly and vehicles driving on the wrong side of the road.

Local population is not using the service road at all.  I understand that the service road does not run continuously parallel to the toll road but wherever possible they should use it.

Hope this helps.

Warm regards

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, SSD500 said:

Hope this helps.

Thank you for the update.

I tried both routes recently, I felt via Omerga is quicker. 

Around 50 kilometres of bad road. 

15 minutes ago, SSD500 said:

The toll road has become more like any other road with bikers, share autos, people crossing the road at will and randomly and vehicles driving on the wrong side of the road.

Even we faced this issue,
Some times, we don't understand which lane to use. 

People are driving in both lanes randomly(opposite direction)

Had a close call with a truck which is coming in wrong lane. 
It can tricky during night time.

18 minutes ago, SSD500 said:

Had breakfast at Noor dhaba.

How is the food and ambience? 

20 hours ago, SSD500 said:

I did this for my return journey, from Pune to Hyderabad.  This is the best route, a few km extra, but it is totally worth it.  No potholes and free flowing traffic.  Had breakfast at Nisarg hotel.

I took this route for my onward journey, Hyderabad to Pune.  The stretch between Omerga to Solapur is terrible.  Diversions coupled with potholes and in general bad roads.  Had breakfast at Noor dhaba.

Thanks much for updating us back on the recent road status between Hyderabad and Pune @SSD500.. This is one main reason we recommend not to do this route during the night. Trucks coming in the wrong lane and people crossing the highway randomly can disturb the whole travel plan.. Finishing the drive by noon by starting in the early hours is the best bet to do leg of journey :) 

• Like 1

Hi Guys,

Perhaps, I should have mentioned that, we did the onward journey, Hyderabad to Pune on 24 Nov. 2018 and the return journey on 27 Nov. 2018.  It's high time time that the road work should be completed between Omerga to Solapur.

Btw, road widening will start soon between Solapur to Akkalkot.  You can see the leveling going on.

23 hours ago, Ranger said:

How is the food and ambience? 

Noor dhaba has reasonably good food and ambience is similar or slightly better than the rest of the highway dhabas.  Additionally, we stop there for my wife and daughter, because of the clean Ladies restroom, the bathrooms are really clean.

2 hours ago, sagar said:

This is one main reason we recommend not to do this route during the night.

Completely agree.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SSD500 said:

Noor dhaba has reasonably good food and ambience is similar or slightly better than the rest of the highway dhabas.  Additionally, we stop there for my wife and daughter, because of the clean Ladies restroom, the bathrooms are really clean.

We should plan for a breakfast drive sometime to this place or atleast for lunch :)  @Ranger

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Mobile App downloads