India-Drive
  • Welcome!

Welcome to India-Drive, Road trips and travel group. Please register to join us.

karthik

Hyderabad to Pune Road condition

Hyderabad to Pune road trip guide  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Best route from Hyderabad to Pune

• Best route : Hyderabad -- Zaheerabad -- Humnabad -- Naldurg -- Solapur -- Temburni -- Indapur -- Bigwan -- Pune (Stick to NH)
    • Alternative (avoid this road, road work on NH is completed) : Hyderabad -- Parigi -- Sedam -- Kalaburgai (Gulbarga) -- Solapur -- Pune
    • Alternative : Hyderabad -- Zaheerabad -- Humnabad -- Kalaburgai (Gulbarga) -- Solapur -- Pune
  2. 2. Food options between Hyderabad to Pune

• Silver bawarchi restaurant : Hyderabad outskirts near ORR
    • Noor dhaba : Humnabad (poor ambiance, famous for food taste)
    • Maya group of Hotels : Sawaleshwar
    • Hotel Shree pure veg: Bhadalwadi
    • Madhuban pure veg : Kedgaon
    • Hotel Kanchan : Doragewadi
    • Hotel Mahindra Paradise : Zaheerabad
    • Hotel Sunil

Anyone recently covered Hyderabad to Pune by road? I am planning to drive from Hyderabad to Pune. Heard that Solapur to Pune road is excellent now. Want to know the road condition between Hyderabad to Solapur. I heard that there is an alternative route via Vikarabad till Solapur. Looks risky but any update on this route is helpful as I can avoid traffic.

• Like 2

Hi Karthik,

EDIT: Quick update: Hyderbad -->Zaheerabad --> Solapur : Went from bad to worst.

Yesterday we have done the following route: (12/10/2016)

Hyderabad --> Parigi --> Sedam --> Kalaburgai (Gulbarga) --> Solapur --> Pune

Hyderabd to Parigi : Average

Parigi to Sedam : above average (mix 2-lane toll road)

Sedam to Kalaburgai : Excellent (2-lane road)

Kalaburgai to Akkalkot : average (few bad stretches near to Akkalkot)

Akkalkot to Solapur : average ( some bad stretches) Overall it is far better than the route via Zaheerabad.

• Like 2

Hi Karthik, Avoid route via Vikarabad it is not worth it. Only feasible option is is NH7 via Solapur.If you start early you can avoid village traffic.Try to avoid nigh drive as there are many unexpected potholes. Truck traffic is always high on this route. But once you cross Solapur road is excellent till Pune. Solapur to Pune can be easily done in 4 Hours. Hyderabad to Solapur has some diversions as work is under progress.

Recently done this route. There are no diversions on the highway.But road condition is not that great. It took me 10 hours to reach which includes breaks.Early morning start is a safe bet.

• Like 2

Hi Karthik, Avoid route via Vikarabad it is not worth it. ​Only feasible option is is NH7 via Solapur.If you start early you can avoid village traffic.Try to avoid nigh drive as there are many unexpected potholes. Truck traffic is always high on this route. But once you cross Solapur road is excellent till Pune. Solapur to Pune can be easily done in 4 Hours. Hyderabad to Solapur has some diversions as work is under progress.

Hi Karthik , Recently done this road in night we have taken Hyderabad -- > Zaheerabad -- >Omerga --> NalDurga -->Solapur -->Pune There is four lane work in progress with heavy onside traffic till Solapur ,better to avoid night drive on this road till Solpaur . From Solapur to Pune its a Express Highway .

• Like 2

Road widening works are progressing. But no where close to completion. Avoid night journey on these road due to chaos create by multiple factors such as trucks, private bus, unexpected potholes and diversions.:angry: Drive safe and be attentive on this route.

• Like 2

Things got little better between Hyderabad and Solapur. Roads got smooth with some diversions. But it got lot better when compared to the last year. Soon reach-ability between Hyderabad to Pune will be same as Hyderabad to Bangalore.

• Like 1

The roads and food joints from vapi to solapur is good.The roads are in excellent condition. However the roads from solapur to Hyderabad is under construction with lot of diversions, reached solapur by 1800. Hence continued my journey and reached Hyderabad by 2355 hrs. However it is better to avoid this, if you start from Solapur after 1700 hrs. The companies constructing the roads have done a pretty good job to ensure safe driving,even the lorries are driving in a disciplined manner. The most rashly driven vehicles are the Volvo buses without any idea of traffic sense and it is these vehicles which you should avoid. I have driven in XUV vehicle. I did this journey in the second week of April 2016.

• Like 2

Thank you for the update @MURALIK. Moved your post to the route queries. Solapur to Hyderabad is chaos, specially during late hours. Volvo's have worst road sense, they have no intention to slow down.

• Like 1

Last week I did Hyderabad to Mumbai.

Hyderabad to Solapur is still in bad shape.

Many diversion due to road constructions. But we don't have any alternate route.

Some tips from my side to make your drive safer and faster.

1.If you are starting from Hyderabad, you have an advantage. Start early before 5AM and cross Solapur before 11AM.

2.Solapur has a check post at the entrance. I see many cars staying in a heavy vehicle(truck) queue , which is not needed. Cars can skip that line.

3.Many diversions on the route, overtake only If you have clear vision.

4.Get ready for many unexpected potholes. Do not follow heavy vehicles closely specially fast volvo buses. They don't slow down.

• Like 2

Last weekend we did a drive to Bidar fort via Zaheerabad.

Looks like there is no improvement in road works between Hyderabad to Solapur.

Get ready to face many diversions and speed bumps.

One positive thing I have noticed is all the diversion are well marked. Did not face any issue during day time.

But It will be defiantly tough to drive in the dark.

It will at least take one more year to complete the work.

• Like 1

Last weekend we did a drive to Bidar fort via Zaheerabad.

Looks like there is no improvement in road works between Hyderabad to Solapur.

Get ready to face many diversions and speed bumps.

One positive thing I have noticed is all the diversion are well marked. Did not face any issue during day time.

But It will be defiantly tough to drive in the dark.

It will at least take one more year to complete the work.

Even I noticed them. Diversions are very neatly marked all the way till Solapur.

No issue during the day drive. But in night chances of missing them are high due to high beams.

• Like 2

The roads and food joints from vapi to solapur is good.The roads are in excellent condition.

However the roads from solapur to Hyderabad is under construction with lot of diversions, reached solapur by 1800.

Hence continued my journey and reached Hyderabad by 2355 hrs. However it is better to avoid this, if you start from Solapur after 1700 hrs.

The companies constructing the roads have done a pretty good job to ensure safe driving,even the lorries are driving in a disciplined manner.

The most rashly driven vehicles are the Volvo buses without any idea of traffic sense and it is these vehicles which you should avoid.

I have driven in XUV vehicle. I did this journey in the second week of April 2016.

Hi Murali, thanks for the useful info. I am planning a road trip to Pune on 29th June night hours from BHEL-Hyderabad. Planning to start at around 1:00 Am so that I can reach Pune by 10:00 Am. So that I can do hotel check-in by afternoon. I have no option now but to drive night this time. I would be travelling by Tata Zest Automatic (AMT). We try our best to drive carefully not exceeding the speed limits. Can you please advise some precautions for me based on your experience?

Indeed, others are also requested to advise me. Thanks

• Like 1

Hi Murali, thanks for the useful info. I am planning a road trip to Pune on 29th June night hours from BHEL-Hyderabad. Planning to start at around 1:00 Am so that I can reach Pune by 10:00 Am. So that I can do hotel check-in by afternoon. I have no option now but to drive night this time. I would be travelling by Tata Zest Automatic (AMT). We try our best to drive carefully not exceeding the speed limits. Can you please advise some precautions for me based on your experience?

Expect some heavy truck and bus traffic.

Keep a close eye on diversions.Even though they are marked well, chances of spotting them are tough during night drive.(High beams :angry:)

Many unexpected speed bumps. Near some diversions and villages.(recently laid)

Maintain as much distance as you can from your front vehicle.

Volvo's are most dangerous on this route. Do not tailgate them, even If you do, maintain some safe distance.

Drive safe. :)

Update us back once you are done with the trip.flag

• Like 1

That is a very odd time to start :D (advantage is no village/town traffic)

But as you said you don't have any option.

Roads are manageable nothing alarming. I did Hyderabad (BHEL) to Solapur in 6 hours.:cooler:

We stopped at a decent restaurant as soon as we entered 4 lane road.

Solapur to Pune road is fantastic.

Started from Hyderabad at 4am and reached Pune at 5PM includes several breaks.

• Like 1

Any update on this route?

I know that Hyderabad to Zaheerabad is nightmare for me.

What about Zaheerabad to Pune?

Google has something good to offer

Hyderabad -> Vikarabad -> Parigi -> Kalaburagi -> Solapur -> Pune

This route is 60kms more than Hyderabad -> Zaheerabad -> Pune, but only 20mins slower.

• Like 1

Any update on this route?

I know that Hyderabad to Zaheerabad is nightmare for me.

What about Zaheerabad to Pune?

Google has something good to offer

Hyderabad -> Vikarabad -> Parigi -> Kalaburagi -> Solapur -> Pune

This route is 60kms more than Hyderabad -> Zaheerabad -> Pune, but only 20mins slower.

I have done this route 3 months back (Hyderabad to Kalaburagi).

Hyderabad -> Manneguda -> Parigi -> Sedam -> Kalaburagi(Gulbarga)

Hyderabad to Manneguda : Newly laid two lane road.

Manneguda to Parigi : Average 2 lane road.

Parigi to Kalaburgai: excellent 2 lane road (toll). Did some high speed sprints on this road. Roads are arrow straight.

No idea about the recent status of Kalaburagi to Solapur.

[uSER=23]uday[/uSER], I think you have done this route last month?

Can you update the status?

• Like 1

will be going for my first bike ride solo from hyderabad to pune need suggestion on best time to leave and route. any extra suggestion is welcome .please note its my first bike ride so, what need to be taken care of

• Like 1

Stick to Hyderabad --> solapur --> Pune

Hyderabad to Solapur is in bad shape.

Starting early in the morning is the key.

Start at 4am.

Plan a breakfast break at Zaheerabad.

Lunch at Solapur.

Once you cross Solapur road is bliss, you will enjoy the ride.

Keep an eye on the Volvo buses ,they don't have any intention to slow down.

Many unexpected potholes and diversions between Hyderabad to Solapur.

You can find plenty of fuel and food points enroute.

Happy journey and ride safe.

​​​

• Like 1

will be going for my first bike ride solo from hyderabad to pune need suggestion on best time to leave and route. any extra suggestion is welcome .please note its my first bike ride so, what need to be taken care of

There is plenty of activity on Hyderabad-Pune highway.

Some times you will feel like driving on city roads.:P

As gowtham said starting early is an advantage, Less village traffic.

There is a rail way gate on Hyderabad-Pune Highway, I was shocked, when I first did Hyderabad-Pune in 2009.

Finally authorities woke up.

Road will only get better as the days pass by.

Work is in full progress between Hyderabad-Solapur.

Drive safe and Have fun.

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Mobile App downloads